August 21, 2014 | 1012 users online

Lip Treatments - LUSH - Honey Trap Lip Balm

image 0image 1image 2

rated 5 of 5 on 4/29/2010 7:26:00 AM More reviews by Darika

I am trapped. This lip balm is really great. When I applied it first time, it made my lips softer and moisturized literally in a minute. I really care about my lips, have loads of various balms. I used to have all kinds of Yves Rocher lip balms, they are good, but not comparable to Honey Trap. I had as samples Clinique super balm in gloss, Biotherm and none of these pricey things were able to do the same job. What I love about Honey Trap, besides that it does work , is its scent. Really natural honey scent. And for those who thinks it is pricey a simple calculation: an average lipstick lip balm has 4 g or 4.5 g. Honey Trap is 10 g, costs 7 $. You have 2.5 lipstick balms for 7 $. Do you still think it is expensive for a good quality natural product?

rated 5 of 5 on 3/25/2010 10:41:00 AM More reviews by lindsay646

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I love this balm, it keeps my lips moisturized all through the night. I dont mind paying 7 dollars for a great product that should last a long time. It also has a really nice scent and its not too greasy at all :)

rated 5 of 5 on 3/24/2010 12:00:00 PM More reviews by fashionshowatlunch

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Dark, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Honey Trap Lip Balm Review

The honey trap lip balm is one of lushís best lip balms. Iíve been using it for a while, and here are some of the pros and cons I found with it.

Pros:

Softening: With Shea butter, beeswax and olive oil itís no surprise that this is a softening lip balm. I found it smoothed my lips while keeping them soft for longer than most lip balms I use. Itís not drying either like other lip balms.

Non greasy: Some lip balms go on greasy or leave your lips feeling packed with stuff. The honey trap lip balm doesnít do this. The balm goes on smooth, without leaving a greasy residue on your lips. If it wasnít for the great taste, I wouldnít know it was even on.

Long lasting: I donít have to keep reapplying this lip palm and I like that. If I use it in the morning itís not until later on in the afternoon that I feel like putting it on again. This isnít because I have to but I like the smell and taste of it. Because it moisturizers for a long time, it goes a long way.

Nice taste: Honey trap lip balm may have honey in it, but it tastes like white chocolate and vanilla, making it a very a tasty lip balm.

Cons

Pricey: This is an expensive lip balm. It runs at nearly $7.00 for 10g. I would not recommend this for a budget shopper, as I feel there are less expensive options out there.

Packaging: I would have liked if this lip balm came in stick form. Thereís nothing wrong with the tin container itís provided in, but because this lip balm is lick it can take few, before itís soft enough for you to smooth on your lips, not allowing you to get enough.

The great taste and softening aspect of this lip balm make it a favorite of mine. However, at its current price itís not something Iíd purchase often.

You can see the honey trap lip balm in this video

rated 2 of 5 on 2/14/2010 12:12:00 PM More reviews by factorytown

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine Eyes: Brown

This is just an OK lip balm to me. It smells good, and it does moisturize your lips, but only for a short time. Maybe my lips just don't absorb it well? It just didn't work for me. I strongly prefer Whipstick to this.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 1/7/2010 8:35:00 AM More reviews by dea2407

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Coarse Eyes: Green

Upsides:
Fell in love with the smell at first side! Honey and a little hint of white chocolate... Keeps my lips really soft.
You don't need very much of it - so don't think that the package is too small for the price.
Downsides:
You really have to like the scent of honey - otherwise you probably won't like this at all!
When you put your finger into the tin, it takes a little "rubbing around" until the product is soft enough to apply.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/5/2010 12:46:00 PM More reviews by CriticalHit

This balm has a sweet, but subtle fragrance (honey with a little peppermint) and is colorless, so it looks great on its own or over a lipstain. Honey Trap is also super moisturizing. During the winter months, my lips get terribly chapped (especially in the morning.) I put a little Honey Trap on before bed and wake up with soft, non-chapped lips. The price is a bit high, but a little of the balm goes a long way, so the tin will last for ages.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/28/2009 9:03:00 PM More reviews by pinkchiclet

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Love this balm! Use all the time, will definitely repurchase again and again!

Is smooth, long lasting, smells subtle and delicious, my lips feel great.
Also, has lasting power through kissing, def a thumbs up :)

rated 5 of 5 on 12/7/2009 7:43:00 PM More reviews by breakupovertea

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I really like this lip balm. I have very dry lips and have tried many products to moisturize them. This is definitely one of the best that I have found. It goes on smoothly and easily. It does not have a waxy texture, nor does it make my lips feel like there is a film over them. It leaves my lips unbelievably soft and moisturized for hours after applying. I do not need to constantly reapply this. The moisture provided by the balm lasts a long time. I will definitely buy this again. I'm very happy with the balm and will be looking into other LUSH lip balms.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/18/2009 6:12:00 PM More reviews by Delerith

There is no LUSH products in my hometown but being on vacation in Seoul I came across their shop. As I'm lip balms junkie it was obvious that I must try their lip balms and this one appeared to be the best in terms of smell after quick testing in the shop. When I tried it at home it appeared even better! I like its texture and moisturizing properties so much! I wish we have LUSH shops here :( in case I run out of it. Because I would definitely buy this great lip balm.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/2/2009 4:09:00 PM More reviews by CocoMinx

Beautiful scent and tastes fantastic!!
It's good to know that, as women, we tend to end up eating most of whatever we put on our lips..good to know its natural and organic =D

i use this during the day as it enhances my natural lip colour without looking too pink or fake.