December 20, 2014 | 986 users online

Makeup Brushes - E.L.F. - Total Face Brush

• Price: $

rated 4 of 5 on 8/24/2011 6:44:00 PM More reviews by Lewipop

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I like this brush simply because it does what it was made to do. It may not be the softest brush but it still picks up any type of powder well and leaves a good even coverage. For £1.50 I would say that it's a very good buy and lasts a long time.

rated 4 of 5 on 8/12/2011 6:31:00 PM More reviews by graceannabelle

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

So I bought this brush when I was on a bit of a binge on the eyeslipsface website recently. I didn't really need it but you can't really argue with e.l.f.'s prices. When it got to me it was neatly packaged, in a way that the hairs were looked after and as soon as I unpacked it I noticed that the hairs were super soft. Not as soft as the Studio Powder brush, but soft enough - I've definitely seen a lot worse!

The hairs are taklon and are dyed a dark red colour, so at first I was apprehensive that the colour would stain out and affect the colour of my powders but I haven't seen anything like that happening. The only problem I have had is that there's quite a lot of fall-out of the hairs and sometimes I find myself literally picking them off my face after I apply a powder. Nonetheless it's lasted me quite a while - I've had it about 6 months and it's still pretty much the same as it was on day one!

Overall very good brush for the price and I probably will repurchase. I've found myself spending £20+ on worse brushes, *cough* Estée Lauder!!

rated 3 of 5 on 8/11/2011 6:10:00 PM More reviews by cc001

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I bought this just because I needed a fluffy brush and didn't want to pay so much for one. So I bought this. Like everyone says, this isn' the best brush in the world. So far from it lol. But it not soo bad. It does get the job done. And you can't beat the price.
I would repurchase once my brush becomes intolerable. For a dollar, why not?

EDIT: I bought another one, and it was not the same quality as the first one I bought. It was very scratchy, sheds a lot and not as fluffy. I'm not sure if I would ever buy again.

rated 1 of 5 on 8/11/2011 8:22:00 AM More reviews by jellums

I hated this brush. At first it felt nice but after one wash, it became coarse and shed like crazy! I thought it did a decent job with application but I could not get over how it kept shedding and how it felt on my skin. I don't know if I just got a bad brush but I ended up throwing it away. At least it was just $1.

rated 3 of 5 on 7/29/2011 9:36:00 PM More reviews by candygirl781

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Dark, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I recently got it and I use it for my bronzer, but I noticed that it sheds a lot. Maybe its just mine, cause when I use it and sheds like a German Shepard. I really like it though, gives a flawless finish.

rated 4 of 5 on 7/24/2011 6:20:00 PM More reviews by jessiemakeup

this is a great brush for a great price! I got it for 2 dollars and i constintaly use it! It is still in tac and i got it quiet a few months ago! it works well.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 7/13/2011 7:21:00 AM More reviews by furnando

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Dark, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Black

I don't see this brush being the worst, because I've tried far worse....but this is just o.k. I do agree that its quite prickly, but it helps to blend things in better. It doesn't really shed, and for $1 it is quite good. I won't buy another because I have so many face brushes already, but if you're starting to get into makeup or don't want to spend a fortune on one brush, pick this up. After all I think its better to buy more makeup with the money you'll save, than have no makeup and one fancy brush and nothing to apply ;).

rated 5 of 5 on 6/17/2011 9:59:00 PM More reviews by sarahrose1292

Pretty good brush. I use it everyday. Happy camper with it :)

rated 1 of 5 on 6/17/2011 8:38:00 PM More reviews by amnasaeed

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Omg, this brush is absolutely horrible...It doesn't grab/hold ANY makeup at all...when I used it, and tried brushing my face with it, there was nothing. I tried harder, pressed it hard into the blush, and then it took a hold of some...but streaked HORRIBLY. I don't think it's THAT course or scratchy but oh my lord the streaking was so bad.

rated 1 of 5 on 6/17/2011 3:56:00 AM More reviews by zzzbbyjzzz

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I am so thankful that this was only $1... I hate this brush with a passion. It's very coarse and flimsy. I can't can't can't put this to my face.