E.L.F. Total Face Brush

2.3

Price: $

Price: $

on 9/13/2011 7:01:00 PM

This was so horrible. The eyeshadow brush had give me faith in E.L.F's $1 line so I bought it just to have an extra powder brush that I don't have to worry about losing, or breaking and could just toss in my bag. I ended up tossing it in the trash. It sheds, it's rough, it didn't even apply products well because it was flimsy. I'd say if you're looking for an inexpensive brush go for the studio line or even brushes that come with products for free work better than this and aren't as scratchy.

on 9/13/2011 2:02:00 AM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

First use, it shed. So I can't really comment how else it works. I ended up wasting more time picking out the hair fibers from my face. Waste of money.

on 8/31/2011 12:47:00 AM

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

I bought this on impulse since it was only a dollar and I can always use another brush. It applies powder just fine, but it is so scratchy! It honestly feels like tiny needles on my face. I threw it out.

on 8/24/2011 6:44:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I like this brush simply because it does what it was made to do. It may not be the softest brush but it still picks up any type of powder well and leaves a good even coverage. For £1.50 I would say that it's a very good buy and lasts a long time.

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Neutral

So I bought this brush when I was on a bit of a binge on the eyeslipsface website recently. I didn't really need it but you can't really argue with e.l.f.'s prices. When it got to me it was neatly packaged, in a way that the hairs were looked after and as soon as I unpacked it I noticed that the hairs were super soft. Not as soft as the Studio Powder brush, but soft enough - I've definitely seen a lot worse!

The hairs are taklon and are dyed a dark red colour, so at first I was apprehensive that the colour would stain out and affect the colour of my powders but I haven't seen anything like that happening. The only problem I have had is that there's quite a lot of fall-out of the hairs and sometimes I find myself literally picking them off my face after I apply a powder. Nonetheless it's lasted me quite a while - I've had it about 6 months and it's still pretty much the same as it was on day one!

Overall very good brush for the price and I probably will repurchase. I've found myself spending £20+ on worse brushes, *cough* Estée Lauder!!

on 8/11/2011 6:10:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Tan, Not Sure

I bought this just because I needed a fluffy brush and didn't want to pay so much for one. So I bought this. Like everyone says, this isn' the best brush in the world. So far from it lol. But it not soo bad. It does get the job done. And you can't beat the price.
I would repurchase once my brush becomes intolerable. For a dollar, why not?

EDIT: I bought another one, and it was not the same quality as the first one I bought. It was very scratchy, sheds a lot and not as fluffy. I'm not sure if I would ever buy again.

on 8/11/2011 8:22:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm

I hated this brush. At first it felt nice but after one wash, it became coarse and shed like crazy! I thought it did a decent job with application but I could not get over how it kept shedding and how it felt on my skin. I don't know if I just got a bad brush but I ended up throwing it away. At least it was just $1.

on 7/29/2011 9:36:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Dark, Not Sure

I recently got it and I use it for my bronzer, but I noticed that it sheds a lot. Maybe its just mine, cause when I use it and sheds like a German Shepard. I really like it though, gives a flawless finish.

on 7/24/2011 6:20:00 PM

this is a great brush for a great price! I got it for 2 dollars and i constintaly use it! It is still in tac and i got it quiet a few months ago! it works well.

on 7/13/2011 7:21:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Dark, Warm

I don't see this brush being the worst, because I've tried far worse....but this is just o.k. I do agree that its quite prickly, but it helps to blend things in better. It doesn't really shed, and for $1 it is quite good. I won't buy another because I have so many face brushes already, but if you're starting to get into makeup or don't want to spend a fortune on one brush, pick this up. After all I think its better to buy more makeup with the money you'll save, than have no makeup and one fancy brush and nothing to apply ;).