April 20, 2014 | 1802 users online

Fragrances - Christian Dior - Miss Dior Cherie

rated 4 of 5 on 8/6/2011 4:36:00 PM More reviews by jennafille

The best way I can describe this scent...

I have this friend who is enviable -- she wears the most beautiful clothes you could imagine (and she's only sixteen). Her family is wealthy and they have this picturesque home that could have easily come from a storybook.

Every time I go to her house, I explore her closet and look at the shelf that she keeps her expensive perfumes. Me, being a fragrance fanatic, am awed by the fact that she has these gorgeous bottles sitting there, untouched. If I had that many scents, I would be wearing a different one every day. But alas, I expect that her mother bought those perfumes for her, and she hardly knows what to do with them.

Once I commented on her Miss Dior Cherie, saying how wonderful it smelled. She laughed and said that she hardly wears it but should really begin to.

A week later, she picked me and some friends up from the beach. It's the end of July, the humidity has passed but it's still warm, and the sun is shining. She pulls up in her Jeep Wrangler, having finally taken the top of it off for the summer.

We all hop in the car, me in the seat directly behind hers. Everyone comments on how good she looks, wearing a simple black dress and aviators. With barely a thought, I exclaim, "You smell amazing!" And that was the truth. Everyone agreed with me. I asked her if it was the Miss Dior Cherie, and she said yes.

Throughout the whole ride, the beautiful scent wafted in the air. I am no expert in fragrance notes, but to me it was this sophisticated blend of flowers (rose), fruit (maybe strawberries and pear), and champagne. It's delicate and sparkling and I can never wear it, because it suits my friend so well.

But that's the magic of perfumes. They evoke memories. I think it's important for every woman to have a signature, and this is hers. French, fresh, and elegant -- Miss Dior Cherie.

19 out of 20 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 8/4/2011 9:34:00 PM More reviews by Shoppingisasport

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Green

Smells LOVELY! A great scent for young girls, teens and 20's, or women who are young at heart. One of my favorites.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 8/3/2011 3:39:00 AM More reviews by Shanplum

Putrid gag inducing burnt toffee over watermelon and cucumber and theres a bit of celery in there somewhere. Try the original instead.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/21/2011 12:32:00 PM More reviews by dolcebabexox

I ADORE this perfume, its so young and sweet :) Someone told me that the perfume wore off fast or that it didnt smell as good on their skin but it worked great on mine and a couple of my friends also. The smell is a little strong and has a candy like sent therefore i would recommend this perfume for younger generations. Also, i find that this perfume can be worn anywhere, its beautiful and romantic. The price isnt too expensive for a big name brand. Finally, the bottle and packaging is very nice :) I will defenitly buy this perfume again :)

rated 5 of 5 on 7/8/2011 1:47:00 AM More reviews by MirandaMakeup3

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

I love this perfume! I love the hint strawberry that it has and it is such a girly perfume. What I also like about it is that it lasts all day, while other perfumes that I bought tend to fade in a few hours. But anyways I love the little bow on the bottle and the scent of miss dior cherie. I would definately buy this again!

rated 2 of 5 on 7/7/2011 3:34:00 PM More reviews by beautyxgeek

I stupidly bought this perfume without smelling it first [thanks to all the rave reviews].. what a mistake, I really don't get why people love it so much, it doesnt do anything for me. In the end I gave it to a friend.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/23/2011 12:06:00 PM More reviews by kaiousei

I love this scent. It is strong with a smell of licorice and vanilla, but lasts all day. It isn't overpowering or obnoxious, it just makes its presence known. :)

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/19/2011 6:28:00 PM More reviews by pinkfrost52

Yummy sweet strawberries and caramel notes with first spray, but as it dies down, it leaves a light sweet floral on me. One spritz is more than enough as it is rather strong. A very youthful smelling fragrance with an unusual popcorn note. Worth the expensive price tag.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 6/19/2011 12:32:00 AM More reviews by dioraddict84

The top notes are wild strawberry leaves and green tangerine. The heart features caramel pop corns surrounded by violets, wild strawberry, so strong and seductive and pink jasmine. The base is created of fresh patchouli leaves and crystalline musk.

rated 4 of 5 on 6/19/2011 12:29:00 AM More reviews by rachel5788

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

I LOVE this it smells so light. And it smells girly. One lippie off cause it doesn't stay on long. But it's ok. I wanna get a big bottle when I run out of my 1 oz.