November 26, 2014 | 1730 users online

Fragrances - Christian Dior - Miss Dior Cherie [DISCONTINUED]

This product has been discontinued

rated 3 of 5 on 8/18/2011 8:48:00 PM More reviews by blushinglamb

I first got the Miss Dior Cherie eau de toilette in 2007! It was the cutest sweetest scent just like strawberries and popcorn :) I got it every year after that for christmas or birthdays but changed to the eau de parfum which smelled exactly the same, just stronger and I didnt need to spray as much.

In december 2010 I bought it for christmas and to my horror it just didn't smell the same!! Not only that, but the eau de toilette smelled completely different to the eau de parfum. (I know there is Miss Dior Cherie L'Eau but I'm referring to the normal Miss Dior Cherie eau de toilette) the Dior sales woman also said that she thinks they smell completely different and was confused by this!

What makes me even more confused is that all the internet sites state that the perfume was relaunched in 2011 with the new campaign featuring Natalie Portman but the code on the current eau de parfum box is the same as the one I bought in December 2010 (04460/A), (the old version was 01670/A). So did the new version actually come out in stores before the whole marketing campaign in 2011? or has the scent changed once again! I'm becoming obsessed with the fact that it has been changed cause I'm suppose to buying a new bottle soon as I've ran out :(

I actually preferred the older version (launched in 2005) it was just so unique and gorgeous, and made me smell like sweets :) but not in a sickening way. I wish they would bring it back :( but if I'm honest when I switched to what I believe to be the newer version I didn't really notice that much difference, it's only when I smell it in stores that it smells GROSS I don't know if the bright lights are affecting its composition, and the eau de toilette smells completely different from the old version and the new eau de parfum...... DIOR you are driving me nuts! haha. I always come home to smell it out my own bottle and it smells a lot nicer than the one in stores even though it appears to be the new one.....

I would give the 2005 version a 5/5 for sure! So disappointed that they changed it and it seems that other loyal Miss Dior Cherie customers are too!

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 8/16/2011 12:17:00 AM More reviews by eoconnell

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I got this for Christmas from my mom. As soon as I sprayed it I thought it was waaaay to strong for me and knew I wouldn't wear it but didn't want to offend my mom. Christmas Day was the last time I'd used it until last week. It was just sitting on my dressing table so I thought I'd try it out. This perfume smells amazing with my body chemistry!! Seriously, so so good. Definitely my fav fragrance for when fall rolls around. It's a little sweet, a little warm and a little musky on me if that makes sense? I'm obsessed. The only negative thing is the staying power which isn't very good and I'm afraid of using alot of this since I think it's quite expensive but I think this might be my HG!

rated 1 of 5 on 8/14/2011 12:51:00 PM More reviews by ibrusat

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I tried a sample of this parfume, and I have used it for a few days. I really do not like it. It is too flowery and sweet; Italian mandarin, patchouli (blahhhh) and egyptian jasmine. It is a very boring mixture, it does not have anything original. Luckily the staying power is inexistend and the nasty smell disappears after a few hours. Woud definetely not buying this.

rated 4 of 5 on 8/13/2011 8:06:00 PM More reviews by shabbus

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Curly, Fine Eyes: Hazel

The first time I tried this, I kind of liked the opening, but it was really ridiculous for somebody my age to be smelling so strawberry sugar pop-py. I did like the sparkling champagne affect, and really liked the drydown. I DO smell the popcorn pretty distinctly. Anyway, had another sample of it today, daubing it instead of spraying it, and it skipped the teeny bopper strawberry and went straight to a very pleasing (still sweet) floral. I still get the popcorn in the dry down. As much as I like this scent, I simply cannot bring myself to actually purchase it, as it was co-designed by John Galliano, who is a notorious anti-semite. But dammit, it's some fine smelling juice!

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 8/6/2011 4:36:00 PM More reviews by jennafille

The best way I can describe this scent...

I have this friend who is enviable -- she wears the most beautiful clothes you could imagine (and she's only sixteen). Her family is wealthy and they have this picturesque home that could have easily come from a storybook.

Every time I go to her house, I explore her closet and look at the shelf that she keeps her expensive perfumes. Me, being a fragrance fanatic, am awed by the fact that she has these gorgeous bottles sitting there, untouched. If I had that many scents, I would be wearing a different one every day. But alas, I expect that her mother bought those perfumes for her, and she hardly knows what to do with them.

Once I commented on her Miss Dior Cherie, saying how wonderful it smelled. She laughed and said that she hardly wears it but should really begin to.

A week later, she picked me and some friends up from the beach. It's the end of July, the humidity has passed but it's still warm, and the sun is shining. She pulls up in her Jeep Wrangler, having finally taken the top of it off for the summer.

We all hop in the car, me in the seat directly behind hers. Everyone comments on how good she looks, wearing a simple black dress and aviators. With barely a thought, I exclaim, "You smell amazing!" And that was the truth. Everyone agreed with me. I asked her if it was the Miss Dior Cherie, and she said yes.

Throughout the whole ride, the beautiful scent wafted in the air. I am no expert in fragrance notes, but to me it was this sophisticated blend of flowers (rose), fruit (maybe strawberries and pear), and champagne. It's delicate and sparkling and I can never wear it, because it suits my friend so well.

But that's the magic of perfumes. They evoke memories. I think it's important for every woman to have a signature, and this is hers. French, fresh, and elegant -- Miss Dior Cherie.

20 out of 21 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 8/4/2011 9:34:00 PM More reviews by Shoppingisasport

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Green

Smells LOVELY! A great scent for young girls, teens and 20's, or women who are young at heart. One of my favorites.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 8/3/2011 3:39:00 AM More reviews by Shanplum

Putrid gag inducing burnt toffee over watermelon and cucumber and theres a bit of celery in there somewhere. Try the original instead.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/21/2011 12:32:00 PM More reviews by dolcebabexox

I ADORE this perfume, its so young and sweet :) Someone told me that the perfume wore off fast or that it didnt smell as good on their skin but it worked great on mine and a couple of my friends also. The smell is a little strong and has a candy like sent therefore i would recommend this perfume for younger generations. Also, i find that this perfume can be worn anywhere, its beautiful and romantic. The price isnt too expensive for a big name brand. Finally, the bottle and packaging is very nice :) I will defenitly buy this perfume again :)

rated 5 of 5 on 7/8/2011 1:47:00 AM More reviews by MirandaMakeup3

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

I love this perfume! I love the hint strawberry that it has and it is such a girly perfume. What I also like about it is that it lasts all day, while other perfumes that I bought tend to fade in a few hours. But anyways I love the little bow on the bottle and the scent of miss dior cherie. I would definately buy this again!

rated 2 of 5 on 7/7/2011 3:34:00 PM More reviews by beautyxgeek

I stupidly bought this perfume without smelling it first [thanks to all the rave reviews].. what a mistake, I really don't get why people love it so much, it doesnt do anything for me. In the end I gave it to a friend.