Lancome Hypnose Waterproof

3.7

this mascara looks really good. however, because its waterproof it damages my lashes if i wear it too much. i got it at the lancome outlet while they were having their f&f so it was only $13.

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Cool

My lashtype: I HAVE to use a lashcurler, or else they drop down and loose that bambi-lash curl. Without waterproof mascara, my lashes tend to make me look droopy-eyed.

My lashcurler is a MUSTHAVE in my makeup bag, and a waterproof mascara is too. I need a mascara that can prevent my lashes from dropping down again. Hypn˘se waterproof mascara is really sublime for this - my lashes are defined, seperated and long.

EDIT: The mascara dries out really quickly (in the bottle). One lippie less for that.

This is my first high end mascara (I usually buy Rimmel or Maybelline) and I have this in black. The best thing about it is how natural it makes my lashes look. I got compliments from guys and girls. Plus it goes on really easy, little clumping. I don't wear more than 2 coats and it lengthens my lashes pretty nicely.
However, I was most disappointed by how easily it wore off. I got some dark circles pretty quick and I specifically was looking for something with good staying power. I still wear this but I'm looking for a mascara that actually stays on better. continued >>

I never liked Lancome mascaras, but after being recommended by a friend, I decided to try this one. I wasn't too disappointed - it was pretty good. It lengthened, volumized, and darkened my lashes. However, it clumped up and smudged a bit during the day. On the bright side, it's very good at holding curl. Overall, I would buy this again, but it's not my favorite.

I tried this mascara after being recommended this by a friend. It was terrible. It clumped like crazy and made my lashes look "spidery." What a waste of money. Maybelline's Sky High Curves Mascara and Cover Girl's Fantastic Lash worked a million times better for me.

Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm

Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium

It didn't open my eyes or make my lashes fuller. I was disappointed with it.

I picked this up in my quest for a wp mascara that was not only waterproof but "beach-proof" also. So many wp mascaras are great at resisting water but either melt into the oils under my eyes or do a weird disappearing act and mysteriously fade away into thin air by the end of the day.This one? So far so good - I haven't beach tested it yet but have worn it all day in the warm sunshine without experiencing raccoon-eye or the vanishing act. By the end of the day it was almost as fresh looking as when I first applied it in the morning. (I say almost as NO mascara looks EXACTLY as fresh 12-14 hrs later on me). The look this mascara provides is pretty much like the regular hypnose and what any self-respecting mascara should offer: lushifies, holds a curl, lengthens. And a real plus - it doesn't come off until you want it to and at that point, a few swipes with Biofacil mu remover does the job nicely with no lash fall-out. I should add that I am an occasional wp mascara user - I don't live in the stuff as I find it is harsher on the lashes than regular mascara, but I will use for several days or weeks at a time in the summer when I go on vacation. I will update this review after I do the beach-test on this one. (note: the package it comes in is darn cute!)

Update: The best beach-proof wp mascara I have tried so far. I'm sticking with it.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Cool

I was so excited about getting this mascara, after hearing so many good reviews about it. Been craving it for ages but when i finally got it, it was quite a big let down. i got the waterproof because i needed it to hold a curl, it does that but really doesn't do much else in terms of volume and length that my much cheaper maybelline volum express turbo in waterproof doesn't do. I didn't want to believe it at first so i tried it again but every attempt yielded the same result. It also smudges like crazy, the only distinguishing thing about it is that it doesn't clump and gives great separation. Overall, an average mascara, very disappointed especially for the price paid as it was my first venture into high end mascaras.
**EDIT**
I don't know what happened, maybe i just got the hang of it or something but it now works fantastically, really opens up my eyes. My biggest rave about this mascara is how great it separates, absolutely no clumps. The volume and length are incredible too. However it still smudges but i find it works quite well with a layer of Chanel inimitable on top which stops the smudging on me :). It is also unbelievably hard to get off, i use to just use cleanser to wash off my wp mascara but since i started using this, i've had to go and buy 3 different eye makeup removers each with unsatisfactory results. In all, the mascara is rave-material (and will hopefully stay that way and not get temperamental) but i've yet to find something that removes it *sigh*.

Really defines lashed and holds a curl well. Is very waterproof and even a bit hard to remove. Doesn't flake or smudge and the skinny, shaped brush means I don't get globs of mascara on my upper lid after applying like I usually do with other mascaras.

Love it, love it, love it! My absolute HG mascara. I occasionally stray and try others, but nearly always regret it and go back to my Hypnose Waterproof. It never smudges, never smears and lasts even if I go swimming in it. My lashes look really long and thick with this on and it never clumps. I can use one coat for a reasonably natural look, or just keep building up coat after coat for the false lash look. I have had my current tube of this for about 4 months and it hasn't dried up at all. Will always repurchase this one.

Popular Mascaras