October 21, 2014 | 1204 users online

Mascara - Lancome - Hypnose Waterproof

rated 2 of 5 on 6/29/2007 3:54:00 PM More reviews by elyse34

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

It didn't open my eyes or make my lashes fuller. I was disappointed with it.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 6/27/2007 7:39:00 PM More reviews by LaVitaeUnSogno

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I picked this up in my quest for a wp mascara that was not only waterproof but "beach-proof" also. So many wp mascaras are great at resisting water but either melt into the oils under my eyes or do a weird disappearing act and mysteriously fade away into thin air by the end of the day.This one? So far so good - I haven't beach tested it yet but have worn it all day in the warm sunshine without experiencing raccoon-eye or the vanishing act. By the end of the day it was almost as fresh looking as when I first applied it in the morning. (I say almost as NO mascara looks EXACTLY as fresh 12-14 hrs later on me). The look this mascara provides is pretty much like the regular hypnose and what any self-respecting mascara should offer: lushifies, holds a curl, lengthens. And a real plus - it doesn't come off until you want it to and at that point, a few swipes with Biofacil mu remover does the job nicely with no lash fall-out. I should add that I am an occasional wp mascara user - I don't live in the stuff as I find it is harsher on the lashes than regular mascara, but I will use for several days or weeks at a time in the summer when I go on vacation. I will update this review after I do the beach-test on this one. (note: the package it comes in is darn cute!)

Update: The best beach-proof wp mascara I have tried so far. I'm sticking with it.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/24/2007 5:27:00 AM More reviews by Idony

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I was so excited about getting this mascara, after hearing so many good reviews about it. Been craving it for ages but when i finally got it, it was quite a big let down. i got the waterproof because i needed it to hold a curl, it does that but really doesn't do much else in terms of volume and length that my much cheaper maybelline volum express turbo in waterproof doesn't do. I didn't want to believe it at first so i tried it again but every attempt yielded the same result. It also smudges like crazy, the only distinguishing thing about it is that it doesn't clump and gives great separation. Overall, an average mascara, very disappointed especially for the price paid as it was my first venture into high end mascaras.
**EDIT**
I don't know what happened, maybe i just got the hang of it or something but it now works fantastically, really opens up my eyes. My biggest rave about this mascara is how great it separates, absolutely no clumps. The volume and length are incredible too. However it still smudges but i find it works quite well with a layer of Chanel inimitable on top which stops the smudging on me :). It is also unbelievably hard to get off, i use to just use cleanser to wash off my wp mascara but since i started using this, i've had to go and buy 3 different eye makeup removers each with unsatisfactory results. In all, the mascara is rave-material (and will hopefully stay that way and not get temperamental) but i've yet to find something that removes it *sigh*.

rated 4 of 5 on 6/21/2007 3:37:00 PM More reviews by sam1281

Really defines lashed and holds a curl well. Is very waterproof and even a bit hard to remove. Doesn't flake or smudge and the skinny, shaped brush means I don't get globs of mascara on my upper lid after applying like I usually do with other mascaras.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/9/2007 7:40:00 AM More reviews by desden

Love it, love it, love it! My absolute HG mascara. I occasionally stray and try others, but nearly always regret it and go back to my Hypnose Waterproof. It never smudges, never smears and lasts even if I go swimming in it. My lashes look really long and thick with this on and it never clumps. I can use one coat for a reasonably natural look, or just keep building up coat after coat for the false lash look. I have had my current tube of this for about 4 months and it hasn't dried up at all. Will always repurchase this one.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/7/2007 6:57:00 PM More reviews by TigiStylist

This is the best mascara, I have ever used. Let me tell you why. My Dad passed away suddenly, this past November. My Mom, and I went to Macy's to buy black dresses. I had no waterproof mascara, and knew I was giving the eulogy. I went to the counter, with tears in my eyes, asking for waterproof mascara. The gal was so sweet, trying to help me. All I could say was, I want my lashes to look like yours. I have always been my Dad's pretty girl, and didn't want to let him down when I gave his eulogy.
Hypnose didn't let me down, no running or smearing, during my twenty minute eulogy. Trust me I was crying heavily the entire time. I was in tears for two hours, during the service, and this mascara held up.
It also held up all night, during the dinner, and all the family and friends that made me cry more, talking about my Dad.

rated 2 of 5 on 6/5/2007 8:26:00 PM More reviews by Jann7

Age: 44-55 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

This mascara gave me spidery looking lashes, was non thickening and was the most difficult waterproof mascara I ever tried to remove. Back to Defincils or Diorshow I go.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/5/2007 7:02:00 PM More reviews by ramiee

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

First off let me say I have extremely oily skin and all the other waterproof mascaras Ive tried all left me with the raccoon eyes. Lancome waterproof is the only one that works for me! Hypnose, definicils, whichever, as long as its waterproof and from lancome it works! The price is a little steep but its worth it if youre looking for a super waterproof mascara. This stuff only comes off with makeup remover. A good way to take it off is to soak some cotton pads in makeup remover and just let them rest on your eyes for 10-20 seconds. Rub and wash off. Ive strayed a little bit thinking I could get the same stuff for cheaper but no such luck I keep coming back for more. :)

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 5/16/2007 2:50:00 PM More reviews by wcw74

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Lancome Hypnose is one of my staple mascaras that I will keep buying over and over again. Yeah, I'm one of those mascara junkies who love trying out different mascaras and always have an arsenal of about 10-12 unopened tubes waiting their turn. Hypnose is supposed to be a volumizing mascara, it's ok in that department. It's not as thickening as Voluminous but it's not as clumpy either. I rarely have to use a lash comb with Hypnose until I'm on my 4th or 5th coat :)

The Lancome WP formula wears like iron, doesn't smudge or flake off for me. It only comes off with an oil cleanser which is what I use anyways. My lashes aren't that crunchy either and my curl is kept - both factors are very important to me.

I will continue purchasing Hypnose, especially if there is great GWP or PWP offer going on. Why not? :) continued >>

rated 5 of 5 on 5/8/2007 3:58:00 PM More reviews by Holly13

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

This is super waterproof without making my lashes stiff. Nice black pigment (Definicils waterproof is more of a soft black, more like a grey. I didn't like that.) Keeps the curl well like all waterproofs should, nice application, length and definition, not super thickening but not really not worth dinging it for...really happy with it. Removes easily with Lacome Bi-Facil. Very, very good product.