August 28, 2014 | 1130 users online

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/9/2012 8:20:00 AM More reviews by Boxerface

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I used to use Olay Foaming acne control face wash. I switched to
Olay Sensitive Skin Foaming face wash because I am also using
Differin *(rx) and Finacea *(rx).

Differin and Finacea can cause some tingling, cell turn over,
and mild peeling on my skin. So it is even more sensitive and does
not need the harsher treatment of the Acne control.
Differin can cause some serious sentitivity to my skin so I need
something gentle to my face. I found it in this olay foaming facewash.

I love this product. I love the pump and it gives just enough to
spread across my face. The consistency feels soapy but mixed with
water turns into foam. It is gentle to my skin. Does not strip.
If you wear a lot of makeup and it is stubborn to remove you might
try using a warm washcloth or removing makeup with mineral oil and
cotton balls first. I do this first. I use mineral oil to remove eye
make up and sometimes I use the Olay cloths to remove all of
my makeup and use the Olay foaming face wash right after.

After I wash my skin feels clean, not overly tight and not dry.
A great product that removes makeup with out stripping your skin.

This is the only cleanser I will use now. Better than cetaphil as
cetaphil did not remove my makeup. Better than Neutrogena as that
felt like I was taking a layer off my skin.
This is the my HG cleanser.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/4/2012 11:06:00 PM More reviews by lemonz4us

I think i've found some kind of gold!
For reference my skin is normal, on the dry side, sensitive.
I bought this based on reviews, glad i did!
Before i had used First Aid Beauty's cleanser but it made my skin so dry then i thought i found something better with the Avalon Organics cleansing Milk. It kind of tingled and was expensive at 11 bucks a bottle. but it cleaned very well, and didnt strip my skin. and i was oil cleansing at night to get rid of sunscreen.
This may eliminate my need for oil cleansing, since after doing it every night for almost 2 years i've become bored of it.

* It doesnt burn, thats a plus
* It lathers a ton
*It doesnt strip my skin
*Unlike the top review, this DOES leave some sort of weird film on my face, (this makes it lose the 5 star mark, though the film isnt adverse, i havent gotten breakouts or irritation from this 'film') my rose water toner gets rid of the traces of this anyway so, whatever.
*In combination with a Sephora Pore Cleansing thing or the Shiseido cleansing brush i'm able to clean my nose so well !
*super affordable, even at full retail
*seems to remove my sunscreen well, can't comment on makeup removing power, as i dont wear makeup.

I think i'll use this everyday until i find something better, but i doubt i will! I will still use oil cleansing to remove heavy duty water-proof ss like physical based ones, or water-proof formulas.

Update: Came back to this after cerave foaming left me way too dry for my liking . And lipikar syndet by lrp was too drying and left my face red

rated 5 of 5 on 2/29/2012 3:50:00 PM More reviews by banana77

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

This product is amazing. I've been using it for a year now, and I am so happy with it that I wouldn't even consider buying another cleanser. It's gentle, takes off all of my makeup (I just have to foam up my face for about 30 seconds), and it's relatively cheap. It lasts a long time as well; you don't need much it to wash your face. Absolutely wonderful.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 2/29/2012 2:06:00 PM More reviews by ImYourFavoriteDrug

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Other, Medium Eyes: Green

For the price, this works pretty well. It cleans my face and doesn't strip it. The reason it doesn't get a five is because its hard to rinse if off. But I like it, and I would repurchase.

rated 4 of 5 on 2/29/2012 10:35:00 AM More reviews by cutem3w

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Black

Love this face wash, it takes off all my make up and leaves my skin so soft. My skin doesn't get irritated and it's so gentle. I've noticed that I've had less breakouts since I started using this product 3 months ago.

rated 3 of 5 on 2/19/2012 9:52:00 PM More reviews by Emim05

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

was a free full size sample when I bought the olay complete sensitive lotion at target. I give it a 3 because it doesn't "foam" even when I add water and emulsify in my hands (it doesn't make sense to me because it's called foaming face wash!) and it does make my face feel super tight as soon as I rinse it off. Good thing it came with the lotion because they do make a good pair. Without the lotion this wouldn't be a great product.

Honestly I wouldn't buy it again or use it once I'm out unless it came with the lotion again.

I'll try and update in a month or so and see if I like it still.

rated 2 of 5 on 2/13/2012 1:54:00 PM More reviews by diendksi

Before I say anything, I have oily/combination skin and acne-prone with noticeable pores. After using up my Purpose cleanser, I was looking for a new cleanser that won't strip my skin like Purpose did. I only continued to use Purpose because it took all of my make up off and it didn't break me out. So, I was hunting for a new cleanser similar to Purpose but just more hydrating. I read several reviews on this product and decided to get it at Ulta for like less than 4 bucks or so (that's the only reason I'm giving this a 2). I thought it foamed quite easily, but when I rinsed, my face felt very "hydrated" and waxy/soft kind of feeling. I'm guessing this "hydrating" part is where people say it is really hydrating or others say its leaving a film. I used this for about a week, and I started to get these pimples and whiteheads on my face. I realized how my foundation has gotten oily so much faster, and it's the same foundation that I've been using with previous cleansers. I had purchased Origins' Checks and Balances in case Olay might not work, so I used Origins after noticing the effect Olay was having on my skin. When I switched for 2 days, all those troubles on my skin calmed down and came back normal; to me, it doesn't seem like Origins is leaving a film on my face.I haven't decided if I'm going to keep Origins or go back to Purpose, but I know for sure I'm not continuing with Olay :(

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/15/2012 5:04:00 AM More reviews by raspberrysorceress

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

Love this for lazy days when I can't be bothered removing my makeup properly. I just stand over the sink, wet my face and rub some of this in and then rinse. All my makeup? completely removed. I have generally quite dry skin, and this doesn't dry it out excessively either. It's a perfect blend. I have it in the squeezy tube which is great for travelling. Wonderful!

rated 5 of 5 on 1/13/2012 12:20:00 PM More reviews by adudle00

I picked up this cleanser while on vacation after forgetting to bring along my HG (Dermalogica special cleansing gel). My skin is extremely sensitive, so most cleansers usually irritate my skin, dry me out or break me out. This cleanser has been awesome! In fact, I think I might like it better than my Dermalogica (Shhh....don't tell). I'll probably end up making this my daily face wash, as it works just as well as my Dermalogica at literally a fraction of the price. Definitely give this one a try.

rated 3 of 5 on 1/10/2012 5:57:00 PM More reviews by Katillac

I'm really on the fence with this product. I have dry, sensitive, acne-prone skin. While this is the first foaming cleanser I've used that hasn't left my face feeling tight and dry, I do sometimes get red patches on my face after using this. I'm also not convinced this cleanser isn't causing my break outs. I probably will not repurchase this product.