April 17, 2014 | 1649 users online

Cleansers - Olay - Sensitive Skin Foaming Face Wash

image 0image 1image 2

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/22/2011 2:26:00 PM More reviews by Kathy123

The first time I saw this, I said there was no way that this could get rid of my foundation. Wrong! This removes everything but it is very gentle. The great thing about it is that it does not overdry my skin like a lot of cleansers for oily skin do. My skin has a great glow after using this. I highly recommend this with people with oily skin-

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 11/5/2011 7:39:00 PM More reviews by georgia21

This is a mild detergent cleanser, recommended by Beautypedia for Dry/Very Skin. Unfortunately, it's still too strong for my dry and easily irritated skin, even when I use it only once or twice a week.

6 out of 7 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 10/18/2011 10:42:00 PM More reviews by laviejolie

Age: 30-35 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This is my staple face wash and I alternate this with Purpose. It's gentle and gets the job done. It's also cheap!

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 10/15/2011 11:23:00 PM More reviews by Neume

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Average at best for my mostly oily skin, but it exacerbates dry patches I didn't know I had. While it doesn't lather much nor has a residue, it doesn't really remove makeup very well. The big turn off for me is that it stings my eyes horribly, no matter how much I tried to avoid it. It's a very runny formula, so that's probably why. Otherwise, it wasn't particularly bad nor particularly great, so I'll be moving on.

rated 3 of 5 on 10/15/2011 7:16:00 PM More reviews by cocofern

Age: 25-29 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I absolutely hate how most cleansers cost a fortune these days. It is very hard to find a tube or bottle of face wash that costs less than $8. After running out of cleanser recently I decided to buy this only because it was the cheapest (around $5 for a tube - the one I got comes in a blue 7oz tube I believe).
I don't like that the opening on the tube is so tiny, you have to squeeze really hard to get product out. It's milky in color and doesn't really have a particular scent. I find that it does not foam very much. I like a cleanser to foam a little bit more so I feel like it's working. Though the instructions state that you only need a small amount, I feel like I need to use twice the recommended amount. This cleanser does not remove eye makeup (non-waterproof) and it also does not remove all makeup off my face. Every time I use it I wipe my face with a towel afterwards and I always get makeup stains.
I think this product is okay for someone who wears very little to no makeup otherwise skip it. Though it is ok for now, I will not repurchase.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 10/11/2011 3:29:00 PM More reviews by aqua76239

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

I've been using this cleanser for years. I have sensetive dry skin with some rosecea and this hasn't irritated my skin or made it feel too dry. I do have oily t-zone and I don't find it working as well in that area, it just doesn't feel completely clean. I still have yet to find one product that works for both areas. In the meantime, I just use Dove soap on oily t-zone to supplement this cleanser.
Also, I use BE makeup which is waterproof and lot of cleansers do not remove it very well. This one takes everything off. I tried other skincare lines but always end up going back to Sensetive Skin Wash.
I gave it four lippies because its not quite perfect and I really hate the packaging-if you traveling, its very hard to deal with because its a pump. wish it came in a tube

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 10/10/2011 8:54:00 PM More reviews by Eeeeelicia

Age: 25-29 Skin: Other, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

This face wash effectively removes my makeup, yet somehow doesn't leave my face feeling stripped or dried out. I have very sensitive skin and unfortunately, even some cleansers will activate new breakouts. This one has not. I've been using it every day without any problems, and I recommend it if you have skin that is very sensitive/reactive. Just one warning: the pump on the bottle is absolutely terrible and will probably frustrate you.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/10/2011 1:56:00 AM More reviews by mightymittens

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

I absolutely love this face wash. I have tried many cleansers and this is my favourite so far. It completely removes my eye makeup (I usually wear non waterproof mascara and line my eyes with eye shadow) while being really gentle on my eyes and my face. If my oily skin gets even a little too dried out by a cleanser than it starts producing more oil to make up for the temporary dryness.
Since it's so effective and yet so gentle my acne, and general condition of my face, has improved. I like this product so much I don't think I will bother to stray to another cleanser for a very very long time.

rated 4 of 5 on 9/24/2011 9:40:00 AM More reviews by Lilsingsong3

Honestly, I always thought the Olay skincare line was for older ladies & men only. Haha, I was wrong! I use this to take off my makeup before using my Neutrogena cleanser to clean my skin. It has not broken me out at all and I love it. I can't say it has actually done much for my skin but I can definitely say it has a great feeling on my skin. I've been using it for over 2 months. It's great! (:

rated 3 of 5 on 9/15/2011 2:44:00 PM More reviews by jkonstan

Age: 36-43 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I can't believe how much I love this cleanser. I have sensitive, combo skin with rosacea and this cleanser made my skin so soft. I do use a moisturizer right afterwards and use it only at night to take my makeup off. In the morning I just rinse my face with water. This has actually helped with some problem areas. I also like that it has no fragrance. I used to use Olay products over 10 years ago and then moved on to more expensive products as my income increased. It's about the same time I started having bad skin...now that I have no income (stay at home mom), I've gone back to Olay and my great skin has returned. I should have never left.

Update: This started to irritate my eyes and I am a contact lense wearer so I took a lippie for that. I will still use it for the rest of my face but will not buy again for that reason.

6 out of 9 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No