MAC Frost - Vex

4.4

Talc, Zinc Stearate, Octyldodecyl Stearoyl Stearate, Isostearyl Neopentanoate, Tocopheryl Acetate, Caprylyl Glycol, Hexylene Glycol, Phenoxyethanol Eye Shadows may contain: Silica, Mice, Titanium Dioxide, Iron Oxides, Bismuth Oxychloride, Carmine, Chromium Hydroxide Green, Chromium Oxide Greens, Ferric Ferrocyanide, Manganese Violet, Ultramarines, Blue 1 Lake, Red 40 Lake, Yello 5 Lake

Ok, this is the strangest color, truly Vex-ing. Swatches don't really do it justice, you just have to see it in person. However, there is not the least bit of green or duochrome on me, it just goes opalescent pink. It is very pretty, but I prefer Seedy Pearl's opalescent lavender, which I already had. They're very similar but SP shows up better on me. I'm thinking of returning this, and my instinct is usually right when I get something new. I still like it and it's very unique, just not for me.

on 6/17/2009 1:59:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

HMMM. It may be a bit premature to be reviewing this but I just tried it on and it's not what i was hoping for. The duochrome doesn;t show up on me. the MA at mac told me to try this under club to make clubs duochrome standout. no...it doesn't. All this does is lighten club up a bit. also i find it doesn't blend nearly as easily as my other mac shadows. once i put 2-3 layers on the color started showing up. The only reason i gave it a 3 is because even macs worst shadows are better than any others. the color on its own is quite nice and natural. will keep on trying with it...may grow on me.
UPDATE: So i found out what was wrong. maybe it was a shadow that sat around the store for too long or something because it seemed to have a coating on the top. i scraped it off with my fingernail and under it was beautiful blendable color. very nice and easy to apply. it looks more pink than green on me but it is nice under other colors. i used it with a purple and it's really lovely. not my favorite shadow but nice. would repurchase if i use it all up.
update #2- i use this shadow literally everyday. it is so lovely and versatile. it is a dove grey with a touch of beige and a touch of pink and a touch of green.

on 6/9/2009 2:15:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Warm

This colour is so pretty in its package. However, I cannot wear it. I am fair but I have deep set eyes with a natural darkness around them, so I have to use a lot of concealer and primer to lighten them up. I have tried this so many ways, but pinks and greys make me look tired and sick. The idea is nice and I love duochromes.....

on 5/17/2009 3:16:00 AM

I like Vex a lot, and I don't normally like any eyeshadow. Few look good on me, and I hate frost/glitter, they always look horribly messy on me. However, this is a very nice color, and it's not too frosty or glittery. I was afraid it would be too frosty as many shadows seem to be, but it went on pretty nice.

Maybe my eyesight is bad, but I don't notice any pink or green in it. I'll look closer later.

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

This is a beautiful pale green duochrome with a pink shimmer. This is why MAC is famous, because the colors are just phenomenal! This shadow looks great with greens , pinks, purples, even blues! Its so diverse and there are only positive things to say about this!

Firstly, I admit I tried the dupe for Vex first, which is the Kohl's Flirt! brand in Lime Light. I read on multiple sites that this is an exact dupe for Vex, so I used my coupon and got the cheaper version.

That being said, I can see how people would love this. However, it just doesn't work for me. I think that's because I'm so pale/fair, the slight greenish tint doesn't stand a chance of showing up. So it ends up as a beige/off-white color that covers my eyelid and has a pink reflect to it that's quite pretty, but isn't enough to make me keep the product. This buddy's going back. continued >>

on 4/24/2009 2:31:00 PM

Oh MAC, I love how you play games. This is such an easy one to pass. I had friends rave about this shade and, when I went to check it out, I thought they were crazy. It looks like nothing in the pan. But on? The colors just start popping.

Seedy Pearl and Vex are the two MAC eyeshadows I'm never without. They blend so very well with different shadows. More than that, though, they're perfect for those days when I'm just dashing to the store or don't want to be bothered with blending or layering and just want to put on a wash of color.

Vex works extremely well with golds, browns, pinks, and greens.

on 4/22/2009 6:55:00 PM

I love this eyeshadow! I was watching top 10 videos on Youtube and this kept coming up so I thought I would check it out! This is one of those colours that is so easy to overlook as it does look boring in the pot but when you swatch it you can see the pink/green reflects and its amazing!
I actually love pairing this with MAC Shale in the crease for a simple but pretty look and I have had so many complements on it! It really opens up your eyes!

on 4/15/2009 1:31:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Kinky, Medium

its e/s like vex that give mac its famous reputation. you just don't see colors like this anywhere else. i adore this e/s, its so sexy! its a gray color, with some beigy/silver, and then when you swatch it, or put it on your eyes also has a sea-foam green and a baby pink hue! so gorgeouss, this is obviously great paired with club, humid, or any green color. but you don't have to keep it in the green family. i love it with pinks, and i think it looks bomb with sketch and pink freeze. also im picking up the sugarsweet collections dear cupcake e/s and i bet it will be so pretty with that. this is also one of my fave brow highlighters too. if you have any questions about this one, let me know id be glad to talk to you bout it :)

on 4/15/2009 12:19:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Warm

One of the most unique shadows I have in my stash! Vex is one that I think any MAC girl should own if for no other reason than it's unique-ness! Vex is a light taupe/grey in the pot .. but swiped on flashes light green and pink. it's incredibly gorgeous and very versatile! There are so many shade combinations that one can do with this shadow. It's incredibly beautiful! Rave from me!

Top Rated MAC Products