September 16, 2014 | 2162 users online

Shampoo - Redken - Color Extend Shampoo

rated 1 of 5 on 1/11/2009 10:51:00 PM More reviews by Jenny__Girl

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Would not purchase again. Bought at stylist's rec for extending color. Didn't do so and made my hair flat and limp. Yuck.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/21/2008 11:05:00 PM More reviews by staci01

I love this shampoo, and the conditioner, very much. Not sure about how it keeps the color intact, though I've never noticed any color keeping product do anything for the color my dyed hair, but I LOVE how my hair feels after using it. Very soft and I notice I touch my hair alot during the day after I've used it! Price for a huge bottle of this is really great too since I thought I'd fork out more than $20 like I do for individual shampoos and conditioners from Matrix. This also, as a perk, does not leave my hair feeling greasy at the end of the day like Matrix products do. In fact I can go my preferred two days of not washing my hair which is great. This will be one I reach for the most till/if , of course, find something better. ; )

rated 5 of 5 on 11/30/2008 9:23:00 PM More reviews by blondie91

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I love the shampoo and conditioner! My hair is fine and color treated, and this makes it manageable and healthy looking. It never looks greasy and it also looks more volumized.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 8/25/2008 1:04:00 AM More reviews by Scottish72

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Green

Tried this per my hair stylists suggestion. It's not what I had anticipated in that I don't think that it helped "extend" much if any life in the color that I sometimes have added to my own natural hair color. I was also hoping for a more moisturizing effect with this extend color shamp. that I didn't get from it. It's not the worst shampoo out there but I am certain that I will and can find a much better shampoo for color extending purposes out there. Redken is one of my regular lines from which I do make a lot of purchases from however this will not be a repurchase for me. I will say that with my very sensitive skin and scalp this Redken product didn't cause any adverse scalp/skin reactions & with sensitive skin that's definitely a "must" when purchasing/considering a product of any kind.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/9/2008 9:21:00 PM More reviews by misspris26

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I love this, it makes my hair feel great. Sadly, the nice smell does not linger at all. This lathers well, rinses clean and feels weightless.

rated 4 of 5 on 7/26/2008 3:09:00 AM More reviews by acheong

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

My hair has been stripped and colored back to a dark brownish black this year. I started using this product, and color seems to stay longer than it usually does. My hair feels much more healthier than when I was using anything else. But I believe the magic is really in the conditioner version of the duo.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/18/2008 12:53:00 AM More reviews by mochabear

I adore this shampoo. It gently cleanses my hair and totally works as an everyday shampoo as well. It doesn't strip my hair of its highlights nor does it dry out my hair. The price point isn't so bad but well worth it in my book. Word of caution: a little goes a long way. It comes out rather milky but trust me, use it sparingly.

rated 1 of 5 on 5/29/2008 10:32:00 AM More reviews by cvdaniels

This is one of the worst shampoos!! My hair feels dry after using this and the conditioner and does not style well after using. I will not buy again.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 5/8/2008 3:08:00 AM More reviews by Sage6o4

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Olive, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

Eh... I've had a good experience with Redken products, which is why when my stylist told me to buy this, I did. She said I needed it to get the Ph balance in my hair back to normal and this would help. Well, I don't know if it's the fact that I just got my hair highlighted or what but let's just say this stuff makes my hair feel disgusting. I have a straight perm and this makes my hair curly. Yeah, also dry and crunchy. It cleans reasonably well and smells decent but for a $15 price tag, I would expect something half moisterizing. No, not this.

rated 4 of 5 on 5/5/2008 9:10:00 AM More reviews by al4galm

Age: 30-35 Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I have used this shampoo for a few days and I am very pleased with the results. It makes my curly, thick, frizzy hair soft and shiny, no matter how tangled it is. One thing I noticed is that after 3 days of using it my color started to fade away slightly on the sections of my hair that were processed with discoloration (had highlights about 10 months ago), so I am not sure if this really protects your color. I think its an amazing shampoo for damaged hair.