Redken Color Extend Shampoo

3.1

Sodium laureth sulfate

on 1/15/2009 11:42:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Cool

This shampoo didn't seem to actually 'shampoo' my hair - meaning it felt greasy and looked very flat and dull afterwards. Like I hadn't washed it in a few days. It smells nice though, but it just doesn't work for me at all. A 'no' to repurchasing this or the matching conditioner.

on 1/13/2009 9:30:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Cool

I used this a while ago when my hair was a plummy-reddish dark brown. I usually love Redken, but this was a letdown big time. It would not lather (which is probably because it was supposed to be a gentler shampoo, I understand that) but I wasted so much product trying to get a minimal lather & even still my hair did not look or feel clean. I wanted to preserve my color, but I also wanted my hair to look clean - would never purchase again.

on 1/11/2009 10:51:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Medium, Warm

Would not purchase again. Bought at stylist's rec for extending color. Didn't do so and made my hair flat and limp. Yuck.

on 12/21/2008 11:05:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Other, Straight, Fine

I love this shampoo, and the conditioner, very much. Not sure about how it keeps the color intact, though I've never noticed any color keeping product do anything for the color my dyed hair, but I LOVE how my hair feels after using it. Very soft and I notice I touch my hair alot during the day after I've used it! Price for a huge bottle of this is really great too since I thought I'd fork out more than $20 like I do for individual shampoos and conditioners from Matrix. This also, as a perk, does not leave my hair feeling greasy at the end of the day like Matrix products do. In fact I can go my preferred two days of not washing my hair which is great. This will be one I reach for the most till/if , of course, find something better. ; )

on 11/30/2008 9:23:00 PM

I love the shampoo and conditioner! My hair is fine and color treated, and this makes it manageable and healthy looking. It never looks greasy and it also looks more volumized.

on 8/25/2008 1:04:00 AM

Tried this per my hair stylists suggestion. It's not what I had anticipated in that I don't think that it helped "extend" much if any life in the color that I sometimes have added to my own natural hair color. I was also hoping for a more moisturizing effect with this extend color shamp. that I didn't get from it. It's not the worst shampoo out there but I am certain that I will and can find a much better shampoo for color extending purposes out there. Redken is one of my regular lines from which I do make a lot of purchases from however this will not be a repurchase for me. I will say that with my very sensitive skin and scalp this Redken product didn't cause any adverse scalp/skin reactions & with sensitive skin that's definitely a "must" when purchasing/considering a product of any kind.

on 8/9/2008 9:21:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

I love this, it makes my hair feel great. Sadly, the nice smell does not linger at all. This lathers well, rinses clean and feels weightless.

on 7/26/2008 3:09:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

My hair has been stripped and colored back to a dark brownish black this year. I started using this product, and color seems to stay longer than it usually does. My hair feels much more healthier than when I was using anything else. But I believe the magic is really in the conditioner version of the duo.

on 6/18/2008 12:53:00 AM

I adore this shampoo. It gently cleanses my hair and totally works as an everyday shampoo as well. It doesn't strip my hair of its highlights nor does it dry out my hair. The price point isn't so bad but well worth it in my book. Word of caution: a little goes a long way. It comes out rather milky but trust me, use it sparingly.

on 5/29/2008 10:32:00 AM

This is one of the worst shampoos!! My hair feels dry after using this and the conditioner and does not style well after using. I will not buy again.