MAC Satin - Club

4.4

on 8/24/2010 12:52:00 AM

One of my favorite eye shadows from MAC. It is completely unique and actually very versatile. Can be good for an office look or night look. I was pleasantly surprised!

on 8/18/2010 8:04:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

When I first bought this color (waaaaaay back in highschool when I was just first learning how to do my makeup) I was really disappointed with it since it turned this ugly color on my lids but a friend told me to start experimenting with different bases and primers and as soon as I had a grasp on how to apply it it became my favorite product.

If I could only have ONE eyeshadow for the rest of my life club would be it. I can create almost any look with this color and frequently I'll use this as my ONLY color when doing my makeup and I get asked tons of times what all the different colors I'm wearing are and I love watching people's faces when I tell them it's only one. Applied over a black base (such as Bat Black or Black Track) it comes out looking a lot like it does in the pot, over a green one (such as Greenstroke) it comes out a gorgeous smokey june bug green, over a pink (Fresco Rose) it turns a lovely brown.

Anyone looking for an incredibly versatile product with a lot of bang for their buck look no further. Club is an absolutely MUST HAVE for any makeup collection. The color is gorgeous and I can't think of a single skin tone this wouldn't flatter.

on 8/18/2010 2:09:00 PM

Hair: Blond, Wavy, Other

I really like this colour, it's a very versatile brown that can be used in neutral looks but can be combined lovely with greens and teals. I really enjoy this e/s since it's a different colour in different lightning!

on 8/18/2010 1:40:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Neutral

Hair: Black, Curly, Medium

Amazing color! And it makes brown eyes looks so beautiful, IF you know how to apply it just right, because if not, it can look sort of out of place, and like you tried to hard with too many different colors.

on 8/10/2010 8:29:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral

amazing colour for smokey eye, has the payback of a brown and a green. great over green, brown and black bases to bring out various parts of the shade. very sophisticated looks... I like to put it all over lid and smoke it out with Cork in the crease, w/out a brow highlight... it creates a nice elegant/dirty smokey eye...

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Straight, Coarse

I really like this eyeshadow. It is a very unique color brown at some angles and green at others. I dont use it that often, but when i do i apply it over a darker base like a NYX jumbo pencil or a brown gel or cream liner. I wear it on the lid with and blend it into the crease with sable e/s. I would buy it again but i dont see myself using it up anytime soon.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

Im on my 3rd Pan of Club. Its one of MAC's most unique shadows. Great for Smokey Eyes or used in the outer V or Crease can be natural looking or build up. I dont have to describe the Color cause many Reviewers did that already. One of my all time favorite Eyeshadows. Go swatch it and see yourself. NW20, blue Eyes

on 8/10/2010 4:00:00 PM

When I saw this shadow in its tester unit, I thought it looked really brilliant under the light. It reminds one of moss or forestry because of its strange shift from brown to green. After you try a heavy swatch of it on your hand, you'll be impressed. It works well with a base, but even better if you use a dark or black base, because then you can see the pigmentation of the rich green and brown particles. Otherwise, you may be left wondering what happened to the iridescent duo you saw in the pot. While it is a fantastic color combination, I haven't really found the best use for it yet. I just purchased the Sharkskin shadestick so I think I may try to incorporate the two.

on 8/8/2010 7:33:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Warm

Hair: Red, Straight, Fine

Easily the most used eyeshadow i own. I use it with Electra on the lid and club in the crease. Its great for going out and is perfect for me because i work in a night club. The colors in this are absolutely amazing!

on 8/1/2010 3:18:00 AM

I purchased it on the reviews of MUA and I do love this unique multidimensional shade, but it's not a colour I can just quickly apply and go. It needs a dark base, some time and attention to make this shadow really work for me. Without a dark base it looks absolutely drab, horrible, and I look kind of sick. With a darker base, I use NYX Jumbo Pencil in either Dark Brown or Black Bean, the colour comes alive and it's very impressive. It looks like I have blended multiple shades to achieve what really is only one colour and I don't even use a crease colour. Just Club and my usual Vanilla on the brow bone.
I would recommend this shade to others and I have. When I do recommend it to my friends, I strongly encourage the darker base and even suggest watching some of the tutorials available on YouTube to learn some tips and tricks with working with darker bases. This shadow is definitely a keeper!