July 30, 2014 | 1780 users online

Concealers - MAC - Select Moisturecover

rated 2 of 5 on 5/8/2011 7:56:00 AM More reviews by jn0245

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

Terrible. My skin broke out, then became dry and scabby. The areas I applied this concealer became so puffy and red afterwards. Definitely not suitable for my skin.

rated 4 of 5 on 5/3/2011 5:41:00 PM More reviews by kenoki

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I've been using Moisturecover, daily, for the last three years. It is somewhat thin and quite emollient. Coverage can vary from extremely sheer to medium. I get the best coverage by dotting directly onto a blemish/red spot/undereyes, letting it set for about 30 seconds and then blending with a brush or patting out with my fingertips. For undereyes, it's my favorite but it won't completely cover... only make very dark circles less noticeable. I love this concealer as a sheer, natural looking thang that doesn't enhance flakes. I love it and will always have it on hand. However, if you sweat or get moderately heated... forget about it. Everyone will quickly learn of that zit you've been picking at for the last week, and how disturbing it really is. Stays well with a primer, though. A+. I love the consistency and that it doesn't create breakouts, as well as the natural finish. But you'll probably want a 2nd or third concealer to suit a range of needs (for me it's MUFE Full Cover).

rated 3 of 5 on 4/28/2011 4:58:00 PM More reviews by blearghk

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

This didn't brighten up my circles as much as other concealers. However, it was a good amount for a good price and didn't emphasize my creases (which is very rare for me), so I thought it'd be a great everyday option.

Unfortunately, I had to return my purchase because a couple of hours after trying on my sample at the store, I got a slight burning sensation in my eyes. I came home and removed the product and discovered a lot of redness on my skin. Later that night, I was chopping up some hot peppers for dinner. I ended up rubbing my eyes by accident, and while usually that just stings a bit, this time it turned into a red-hot fiery agony that rendered me almost blind and soaking my face in milk for the next half hour.

Of course I won't blame MAC for my silly accident with peppers, but my skin definitely got a bad reaction to this product and got red, a little painful, and (obviously) extra sensitive. It seems like an allergy to one of the ingredients, so be very careful if you tend to be sensitive to makeup.

rated 3 of 5 on 4/19/2011 3:35:00 PM More reviews by AmericanCream

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I need way more coverage.
And I need something that doesn't crease!

So if you're a person like me, you rather shouldn't buy this stuff.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/17/2011 10:06:00 PM More reviews by sah125

I bought this a week ago searching for a new concealer after trying two: the amazing cosmetics and a dior one. Both didn't work out for me to use for undereye circles/bags. I heard MAC concealers were great and after trying some, I decided to go with the select moisturecover since it wasn't too thick or sheer. I bought it in shade NC20 and my complexion in the winter is NC25/30. I've been trying it for a week and so far, so good. I also noticed that it gives a slight highlight to the undereyes/cheekbones giving me a more wide awake look. The only con with this product is the packaging. It would have been nicer if it was in a squeze tube since it's more sanitary.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/14/2011 11:07:00 PM More reviews by mar559

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Olive, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Black

I think this is an ok product. This was my first undereye concelear. I was looking for something that would not dry my undereye area and the MUA recommended this for me. My only gripe is that I'm an NC40/42 and got this in NC 42, which covered my circles but did not brighten them. I also did not like that the formula is so thin that if you attempt to layer too much, it will cake up! So you have to be very careful. Further, if you don't set this, it will not last (at least in my experience). I've been trying two other concealers that I think are a little better, but I still use this when I'm in a hurry because it is so easy to blend. I would potentially repurchase this if I could find a color that will not only conceal but also brighten.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/10/2011 5:49:00 AM More reviews by sunnyraingene

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I really like this concealor because it isn't cakey and drying compared to the Studio Finish and other drugstore concealors I've used before. I usually use this concealor for my dark eye circles and the Studio Finish to cover flaws like pimples or pimple scars. The Select Moisturecover only lasts for less than half the day and by the end of the day, the concealor sits on the fine lines of my eyes. I've tried applying less, but the coverage is compromised when I do that. I'm not sure if I'm applying it the wrong way but I usually dab the concealor on my eyes with my ring finger. I'm going to finish this bottle and try other ways of application and start my search for my HG concealor. ):

UPDATE: I tried a new method, a more time consuming one, but it worked better. I layered this concealor and left it for about 30 seconds (think dabbing a little bit of it on one eye, then proceeding to the other eye) and it lasted for a little longer. After that, I set my makeup with a couple of layers of loose powder and it lasted for at least 3/4 of the day.

rated 3 of 5 on 4/9/2011 4:59:00 PM More reviews by EmilyyGrace

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

Oh MAC. How I want to love your products. Sadly I never do. This is super moisturizing but even the smallest amount creased on me even set with a powder... returned it today after having it for about 4 days. The color & formula slide around during the day because it is SO liquid, even if you let it dry a bit before blending. Unfortunately, MAC never seems to do it for me. :X

rated 5 of 5 on 4/8/2011 12:53:00 PM More reviews by empressxia

Age: Unknown Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I've been using this for a few months now and really like it. NC15 is the perfect shade for me. I use it on and under my eyes. The coverage is good and it isn't chalky like some stick concealers. I would buy this again.

Only issue is that because the concealer is liquid, it has the messy same issue as lip gloss containers. But overall, it's small enough to take on vacation. I do use a brush to apply the concealer instead of my fingers but you could use your fingers also.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/5/2011 9:14:00 PM More reviews by bambigirl0512

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Green

I wear this in nc15. I reallly like it. I don't have many imperfections, redness, or blemishes. I only need it for under my eyes and the very occasional blemish. It works really well. I would say it is light to medium coverage. It stays on all day without having to set it with powder. It also does not settle into fine lines, which is great. It is very light, but not watery. Definitely a good choice if you just need some light coverage.