MAC Select Moisturecover

3.8

water (aqua purificata), purified, dimethicone, hydrogenated polyisobutene, cyclopentasiloxane, glycerin, zinc stearate, isononyl isononanoate, dimethicone crosspolymer, sorbitan isostearate, caprylyl dimethicone ethoxy glucoside, dimethicone/ vinyl, dimethicone crosspolymer, butyrospermum parkii (shea butter) extract, oryza sativa (rice) bran wax, tocopherol, ascoarbyl palmitate, squalane, hexylene glycol, sodium chloride, silica, potassium sorbate, sorbitol, hexadecane, triisostearin, glucose, fructose, dextrin, sucrose, phytosteryl isostearate, alanine, hydrogenated castor oil, hydrogenated palm glycerides, hydrogenated palm kernel glycerides, hydrogenated vegetable oil, aspartic acid, glutamic acid, urea, methylparaben, propylparaben [ may contain: mica, titanium dioxide, iron oxides ]

on 6/14/2011 9:29:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

I have eczema, (awesomely dry skin all over) so i pretty much get attracted to ANY makeup product that has something to do with moisture. I started using MAC's select cover-up concealer since the beginning of highschool, but over time that concealer was too sheer for me. I went back to mac and the MUA told me the moisturecover would be great for my dry skin. (especially since most concealers flake up the skin around my nose, which I cover due to redness) Indeed, the product was more moisturizing than other concealers Ive tried and I quite like it. BUTTTTT, I really wanna slap the MUA for giving me NC30 in this because their colours run darker than select cover-up, which I also have in nc30. I mentioned that I use my other one in nc30 and she didnt even bother colour matching me to moisturecover, which I should be a nc25 in. I use this concealer lightly now and blend with a bit of primer to ease my dry skin. Convenient packing and doe-foot applicator is nice. Not decided on repurchasing yet tho, its good but not amazing.

on 5/26/2011 7:54:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Cool

I purchased this in the shade NW15 for 34 AUD from my local MAC counter within David Jones.

I've been using this concealer for a few months now and although I find myself reaching for it each time I do my makeup, it's just one of those products I love but I can't decide if it's worthy of HG status.

Although some reviewers aren't fond of the doe-foot applicator, I personally think that if it were in a squeeze tube the product would come out too quickly as it is too thin in consistency. The packaging is pretty much identical to the lip glosses by MAC, (you get 0.8ML more product than you would find in a Plushglass).

The consistency is a thin and lightweight liquid but it isn't runny. It sets to a smooth and natural finish, it doesn't appear cakey or scream "I'm hiding dark circles, scarring AND redness!". I find it looks the best when it's buffed in with a fluffy eye shadow brush and gently patted in with fingers afterward. I would say Moisturecover provides medium coverage (or light if you use it sparingly), I don't think this has the potential to disguise major under eye circles or dark pigmentation.

I apply a small swipe of the concealer directly from the applicator onto the inner third of my under eye area and do exactly as I mentioned above. For any redness or PIH I apply some onto my finger and tap it over any areas I feel the need to cover. It looks as natural as concealer possibly can and it lasts all day on me. I find that it does crease a little but any concealer that claims to moisturize will most likely crease in my opinion.

I have some dryness around my eyes which can easily be emphasized by a concealer. Moisturecover doesn't make my eye area appear drier, but it doesn't add moisture either. It easily covers any mild redness I have around my nose or on my cheeks. It covers any active break-outs sufficiently and the same with any post-acne marks I have.

It isn't a fantastic concealer, I would say it's just above average but it does stand out from what I've tried. Overall I would say that this is my favourite but I do intend on trying out other concealers so for now I will say yes, I will repurchase.

I'm a bit on the edge about this. It is a nice color (though either too light or too dark for me since I'm not NW15 nor am I NW20). It provides a medium coverage- which is what I'm going for. It does not cake up but it does crease, in addition to that- It made my under eye area all dry and flaky looking, even though I moisturized before applying the product. For the price- it's not worth it and I will not buy again.

Hair: Blond, Other, Medium

Good concealer for my under eye circles because it doesn't cake up and it looks natural. I love it.

Skin: Combination, Tan, Cool

Hair: Black, Curly, Coarse

This is my HG under eye concealer. I'm an NC42 and have this concealer in NW35. It was recommended by a MAC artist. I don't have very dark under eye circles to start out with, I use this to even out my under eye area. This hasn't made me break out or get any bad reaction. It's not drying or cakey and blends very nicely. I use my Sonia Kashuk white handle large blending brush to apply and blend it. This hasn't creased on me, I set it LIGHTLY with MAC Studio Fix Powder. I really love this concealer and plan on getting it in NC35 or NC30 for a more bright effect. I would recommend everyone give this a try! (:

on 5/15/2011 1:27:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure

One of my favorite concealers. Have been using this for over 2 years. For everyday, I use this on blemishes and then a light dusting of MSF Natural. I get so many compliments that my skin looks great. This doesn't cover my very dark under eye circles well enough, so I use another product but for everything else it's great!

on 5/14/2011 2:44:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure

This is great for undereye area. It can be a light to medium coverage! I build mine to medium. Its a water down feeling! But it does the job! It does moist my undereye area, which I like alot. Overall, it's good not wow!!

on 5/8/2011 7:56:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Terrible. My skin broke out, then became dry and scabby. The areas I applied this concealer became so puffy and red afterwards. Definitely not suitable for my skin.

on 5/3/2011 5:41:00 PM

Hair: Brunette, Straight, Coarse

I've been using Moisturecover, daily, for the last three years. It is somewhat thin and quite emollient. Coverage can vary from extremely sheer to medium. I get the best coverage by dotting directly onto a blemish/red spot/undereyes, letting it set for about 30 seconds and then blending with a brush or patting out with my fingertips. For undereyes, it's my favorite but it won't completely cover... only make very dark circles less noticeable. I love this concealer as a sheer, natural looking thang that doesn't enhance flakes. I love it and will always have it on hand. However, if you sweat or get moderately heated... forget about it. Everyone will quickly learn of that zit you've been picking at for the last week, and how disturbing it really is. Stays well with a primer, though. A+. I love the consistency and that it doesn't create breakouts, as well as the natural finish. But you'll probably want a 2nd or third concealer to suit a range of needs (for me it's MUFE Full Cover).

on 4/28/2011 4:58:00 PM

This didn't brighten up my circles as much as other concealers. However, it was a good amount for a good price and didn't emphasize my creases (which is very rare for me), so I thought it'd be a great everyday option.

Unfortunately, I had to return my purchase because a couple of hours after trying on my sample at the store, I got a slight burning sensation in my eyes. I came home and removed the product and discovered a lot of redness on my skin. Later that night, I was chopping up some hot peppers for dinner. I ended up rubbing my eyes by accident, and while usually that just stings a bit, this time it turned into a red-hot fiery agony that rendered me almost blind and soaking my face in milk for the next half hour.

Of course I won't blame MAC for my silly accident with peppers, but my skin definitely got a bad reaction to this product and got red, a little painful, and (obviously) extra sensitive. It seems like an allergy to one of the ingredients, so be very careful if you tend to be sensitive to makeup.