December 20, 2014 | 1641 users online

Highlighters - Bobbi Brown - Shimmerbrick Shimmer Brick Compact (All colors)

rated 5 of 5 on 4/26/2005 11:37:00 AM More reviews by HeyGorgeous

DROP YOUR COMPACTS,BRUSHES,EYE PENCILS OR WHATEVER AND GO PRONTO TO A BOBBI BROWN COUNTER NEAR YOU AND PURCHASE THIS PRODCUT!This product is my baby. It is the only product that I use year after year after year and never get tired of, or find that there is anything even remotely better! I use it in bronze all year round and find that it gives my skin the healthiest glow I've ever seen(even if i'm having a really pasty moment, it totally blends in) that will (i pinkie swear)honestly last you the whole day through. If you're skin gets a little dry in the winter and you need to apply some moisturizer on top of it, go right ahead; it won't streak. Screw foundation, primer, concealer w.e uhh/.
This will replace all that crap completely because of the total transforming glow it gives your face. I was breaking out from using foundation,which I didn't need to be using at age 16, but sort of fell into with its au naturel enhancing hype.Don't be foolexd by what they say: All heavy makeup will clog your pores and will age you. now with this, my skin is gorgeous even when I wash it off. It can be applied very lightly to give you a dewy sunkissed look, or can be applied heavily for a brighter more dramatic look. It doesn't look brown like most bronzers do. It's pigmentsmake you're cheeks perk up and shine like a little girls.Many of you have said that you like a bronzer that has less shimmer and more pigment. I wouldn't recommend buying a matte bronzer; Countouring your cheeks is seriously outdated and looks bad on fair to medium complexions.Beleive me this bronzer will adapt to even the lightest skintones. It's amazing how small the shimmer particles are; you'd expect them to show up very glittery and harsh, but they don't. In fact, they are so small that it is hard to tell what you are wearing. You just look fresh and healthy.This all I wear during the day. I wake up put on some liner and use this product and I look fresh out Mauii. It also made me stop wearing blush. I find that if you have healthy color like this, a pink look to your cheeks is unnecesary and kind of unatural. I do however admit that the packaging is annoying. It drops and brakes and scratches easily(I keep it in a little pouch).make sure to try it on your eyes and anyhwer else where you wanna glow.I love all their other colors too.Beige is beautiful; lighter ofcourse, but still super pretty. NOW TAKE OUT YOUR $ 35 THAT YOU WERE GOING TO EVENTUALLY END UP SPENDING ON SOME RETARDED MAGAZINES, AND PILATES VIDEOS AND BUY THIS.

later guys ;)

rated 4 of 5 on 3/5/2005 9:20:00 PM More reviews by LAborn

I like this but I agree with posters that this product should be used as a highlighter and not as a bronzer. It doesn't have a lot of pigment so even for my fair skin I had to use a lot of product, this made me look like "robot girl" (as my boyfriend called me) because I had so much shimmer on my face. I like armani's sheer bronzer to add color to my face and use this for finishing touches.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 2/24/2005 12:48:00 AM More reviews by bones_skin_n_harmony

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

There's a lot of hype of this product, but I didn't want to shell out so much money on something I don't know much about. I got this in a swap, and I am sooo disappointed. It didn't even show up on my pale asian skin. The shimmery-ness showed up, but that took a lot of swirling in the compact. Finally got to swap this away! I'd never try this again!

rated 5 of 5 on 2/13/2005 7:34:00 PM More reviews by WickedWahini

Age: 30-35 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

These are great highlighters! The application is sheer yet effective. I use the Beige to highlight and it gives a candlelit glow. I use the bronze as a blush and it gives a nice dewy effect. This is great for those with no skin issues, since this highlights everything on the face.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/12/2005 7:45:00 PM More reviews by Xanthia

I bought this on whim on a BA flight to Geneva, and I am really suprised at how much I like this. I am relatively pale, not quite PPP, but close, with dark(ish) brown hair, and this makes me look healthy. Concealer, this and mascara have become my daily routine - and that's it! I've been asked if I've been out in the sun, because my skin looks lovely (ha!). When I forgot to put on make-up - OK, more like woke up late and didn't have time - people thought I was sick. OK, a bit of a downer for my au natural self, but made me appreciate my bronze shimmerbrick more. I now can't imagine not having it!

I use this as both a bronzer/highlighter and eyeshadow. I can't tell much of a difference when the individual colours are applied on the eyes separately, so I swirl my brush through all the brown colours and apply on my lower lid and highlight with the white shade.

rated 3 of 5 on 2/3/2005 1:16:00 AM More reviews by cyprine

I have the Bronze Shimmerbrick -- I like it but it is not worth the $35 price tag. All the colors look practically the same on me if used individually as eyeshadow, so I just swirl all of them around to use it as a blush/bronzer. It's a nice shade, maybe a bit too shimmery for some. It does last all day, though... but I will probably not repurchase because it is too expensive for what it is.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 10/10/2004 11:53:00 PM More reviews by ccmadamoiselle

I was skeptical about these shimmerbricks because I am already happy with NARS Multiple in Copacabana, which imparts a nice pearly shimmer.

But, after hearing all the raves for Beige Shimmerbrick on the makeup board, I decided to try it on while I was at the BB counter.

True to the raves, Beige gives you a candlelit glow, or a 'glow from within' look. I own Guerlain Les Meteorites face compact powder (famous for giving skin a 'flawless' appearance, and does live up to the hype), and Beige shimmerbrick provides comparable results. If you are deciding to purchase one, Beige is the way to go for fair to moderately fair complexions.

Yes, there are many shimmer particles, but the shimmer pigments are very fine and not at all gaudy-looking in daylight.

The only cons about this product has to do with packaging: For $35 dollars, shimmerbricks should not fall out of their compacts (as my MA warned) and should be durable enough to toss in your purse for work or for a night out. 1 lippie off for the packaging, but otherwise, I am very happy with my purchase!

rated 2 of 5 on 10/8/2004 3:10:00 PM More reviews by pepperdon02

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I really, really wanted to love this but just don't! I first got the beige and wasn't in love so gave it to my sister. It was just too much shimmer and didn't do anything for me. Then, I gave it one more shot with the pink--so sad-it was even worse!! I won't buy this again but am sure it works for some, just not me~

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 8/30/2004 10:54:00 AM More reviews by MostAdorable

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I am just a little bit undecided on this. I recently ordered it, and maybe I just need to experiment more before I can draw a final conclusion on this product. So far, I do like using this over eyeshadow to give a holographic effect. It's a great browbone highlighter and gives a very pretty, angelic glow. =) I also like using the shimmerbrick lightly over my blush because I noticed that it tones down blush color to keep it subtle but noticeable because of the extra shimmer. The thing that really annoys me about this product is its huge price tag. I am sure it will last forever, but I just have a problem with the fact that I paid 35.00 for shimmer. That's kind of pushing it, so I doubt I would by this again if I ever manage to use what I have.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 8/18/2004 6:22:00 PM More reviews by koolkatz

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I was lemming this for so long because it looks soooo purrty in the compact - finally got the Bronze off eBay. It is so pretty, but a touch TOO shimmery for me. I like shimmer, but put on even a touch too much & you look like a disco queen. The shades are also excellent as shimmery e/s - but brown colours don't look with my eyes. Agree about making the pores look larger, but as long as you wear a primer or foundation underneath, you're rocking. And what is up with the cheap packaging? I don't think I would re-purchase b/c of the price, but this stuff will last you a loooong time, so if you like these, it's probably worth it.