April 18, 2014 | 918 users online

Eyeliner - MAC - Teddy Eye Kohl

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 3/23/2010 5:20:00 PM More reviews by ltgee

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Tan, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

my staple is stubborn brown in the power point. i just ran out and decided to try a new powerpoint brown. they had nothing as deep as stubborn brown so the ma reccomended teddy. i dont like kohl's because i am SUPER oily and it just smudges but this color is beautiful on my brown eyes. it glides on super smooth and is a deep golden brown with reddish flecks through it. love it and will repurchase

rated 5 of 5 on 3/22/2010 9:35:00 PM More reviews by ViMaquillage

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Black

I LOVE this e/l as an alternative to black especially during the day. It just offers a beautiful look, it's a bronze/brown with bronze and gold flecks in it.

I find that as the day goes on it fades to this nice subtle color. I even prefer it over black eyeliner, it's just so lovely! Price is quite expensive but I can find other high end brands that charge more, so this one is a must buy for those who are looking for something a bit more than just the normal black!

Will continue to repurchase this! This is an HG for me!

EDIT:
Still love this BUT it doesn't last long on the waterline. I have found an alternative in Laura Mercier's caviar stick in Cocoa. It doesn't have the same complexity of colors that Teddy had BUT it's quite close AND lasts ALL DAY!--Read my review!

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 2/26/2010 9:22:00 AM More reviews by sunshinelaur

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

MAC kohl pencils glide on fairly easily and wear well all day, minus the bit of smudging that occurs along my lower lashline. They are moderately easy to apply (less so, however, than Prestige Total Intensity or Stila Kajal, but easier than the MAC powerpoints). I bought Teddy based on the rave reviews, and am glad to have tried it.

The reason Teddy doesn't get much action in my bronze eyeliner collection is because it doesn't do much for my cool, fair PPP complexion since it has a reddish cast to it. It makes me look like I've been crying, or my eyes are a bit irritated. Urban Decay 24/7 pencil in Bourbon has the same slightly reddish undertone. It's a red based bronze vs a gold or orange based bronze. This rusty coppery dark bronze color, along the lines of MAC Bronze eyeshadow, might be more flattering on darker complexions. Teddy would definitely make green eyes "pop". I just prefer a less red eyeliner for my blue eyes and NW10 complexion, in which case MAC Bountiful Brown or MAC Lord It Up! pearlglide seem to fit the bill better. Check out Teddy at the MAC counter before buying if you are particular about the color of your bronze.

Fyi: The Beauty Look Blog (not affiliated) has a post called "Color Focus: Shimmer Bronze eyeliners" that will show you the color difference between most of the bronze eyeliners out there.

13 out of 14 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/26/2010 9:06:00 AM More reviews by olympialetantoli

Teddy!!! I've purchased this bad boy several times. Its a bronze brown, two dimensional in my opinion either put it in the water line or blend it up. You can wear it and smudge it in for a more dreamy Latina look. Its very sexy, this was something that I wore daily for University. Smoulder is too much for day at times and slides off if I dont set it correctly. But even once Teddy starts to go slick you can easily blend it with your finger. The kohl is easy to blend and very soft. Which I LOVE! I hate having to warm up my eyeliner or when it scratches me. Otherwise if you are scared of blacks buy Teddy. I will always have this in my kit.

rated 3 of 5 on 2/21/2010 3:30:00 AM More reviews by KelRo727

This eyeliner is a very beautiful brown it's not dull or too glittery its a pretty sheen, I just really don't like how much it smudges. Nice if you were going for a pretty smoky smudgy look..instead I really love MACs PowerPoint eyeliner in Bountiful Brown. Although it's not a deep brown like this one I love how it's waterproof and not so harsh looking.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/19/2010 5:54:00 PM More reviews by lizxphile

I love the MAC eye kohl pencils, and Teddy is one of my favorite colors. It's a nice, shiny medium brown and I wear it with gold, tan, red, brown, pinky, etc shadows, it goes with a lot of different colors. My eyes are hazel to light brown with some gold in them and this liner makes them pop real nicely. Will definitely buy again when it runs out.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/15/2010 5:18:00 AM More reviews by GoldenGlow83

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

My absolute favoritte! Bronzy brown, and its just fantastic! Stays on a long time. Its dark, but not as hars as a black.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/25/2010 10:28:00 PM More reviews by DivineSage

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

I love MAC's eye kohl, and this color looks great on my skin tone. It really makes my blue eyes pop, and the pencil goes on so smoothly. It's my favorite eyeliner and lasts pretty long.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 1/24/2010 5:28:00 PM More reviews by hodgam8

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine Eyes: Green

Its brown and bronzey and.. gorgeous. The name is adorable, the staying power is pretty good - I'm definitely a fan of this liner, especially with more natural looks. I think is a staple everyone should own

rated 5 of 5 on 1/23/2010 5:50:00 PM More reviews by saylorsoul

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Relaxed, Medium Eyes: Brown

I had no idea this eyeliner was so popular!!!

This was the first thing had ever bought from mac and I'm currently on my second one about to finish it off! It is the perfect medium brown color that goes with every warm brown look. This looks great with mulch eyeshadow and chocolate brown pigment, its pretty much the same color. This is my go to pencil eyeliner and I highly, highly recommend it no matter what skin color or eye color you are!