MAC Teddy Eye Kohl

4.4

Hydrogenated coco-glycerides, triethylhexanoin, beeswax\cera alba\cire d'abeille, ricinus communis (castor) seed oil, dipentaerythrityl hexahydroxystearate/hexastearate/hexarosinate, copernicia cerifera (carnauba) wax\cera carnauba\cire de carnauba, polymethyl methacrylate, ozokerite, tocopherol, ascorbyl palmitate, lecithin, citric acid [ /- mica, titanium dioxide (CI 77891), iron oxides (CI 77491, CI 77492, CI 77499), aluminum powder (CI 77000), blue 1 lake (CI 42090), bismuth oxychloride (CI 77163), carmine (CI 75470), chromium hydroxide green (CI 77289), chromium oxide greens (CI 77288), ferric ferrocyanide (CI 77510), manganese violet (CI 77742), ultramarines (CI 77007), yellow 5 lake (CI 19140)]

on 6/19/2010 3:13:00 AM

I love that there's a review specifically for this product and in this color Teddy. I have used this eye kohl pencil liner for 4 years, and loved it since day 1. First off, the color is great because it's brown so not too dark to give you a more natural look, and it has gold flecks that makes your eyes sort of pop. The application is so smooth, and one pencil can last you almost a year (at least for me, and I use it most days). Also it's good for the waterline as well. Although it does smudge (since it's a kohl), it isn't too messy and almost gives you a smoky effect. I have also gotten a few of my friends to become followers of this product after they used mine, and we have different skin tones. All in all, this is a good, staple product to get.

As a side note, I also like MAC's Powerpoint in Permaplum as another alternative to black eyeliner. This one doesn't smudge since it's waterproof and meant to be longer lasting.

on 6/10/2010 12:48:00 AM

Great color and texture, but made my eyes water like crazy!! It must have some red pigment in it or something to make my eyes have a reaction. Too bad!

Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium

This is such a pretty eyeliner. It is a golden, medium brown and it makes my light brown eyes pop. Very nice for that sex kitten smudgy eyeliner look. I put it on my upper lash line and my lower lash line and it makes my eyes look bigger and more done up. If you can't wear black eyeliner because it is too harsh then this is a great option.

on 5/12/2010 9:51:00 PM

This gives a beautiful effect to my eyes. A light touch and this is good for everyday and when applied with a heavier hand it gets rather sexy. Good texture for tightlining too.

on 5/12/2010 6:08:00 PM

I like teddy eye kohl but I may want something smoother on the top of my lids.. It's good though and does what it is suppose to do.. I think I will buy it again unless I find something just as good but creamier.

on 5/10/2010 7:07:00 PM

I love this color eyeliner!! I am used to using liquid (pen) eyeliner because pencil will fade during the day, but I like the smokier look of pencil. Finally with this color, I can wear all day and it still shows up without looking harsh against my pale skin/blue eyes. I highly recommend this.

on 5/5/2010 9:47:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Warm

Teddy is the best brown pencil for lining lower lids.

It is a deep dark brown chocolate-- which is good because for anyone, chocolate is what you want to define and give your eyes emphasis. I use it personally and it defines my lower eyelid without encasing me in blackest black.

this is a gorgeous shade and although not waterproof, it stays on for hours if you settle it with a brown (sometimes I use a light brown/golden like Soba, or a reddish brown like Brown script -- MAC) using a slanted brush it will be beautiful for the whole day.

on 5/5/2010 9:03:00 AM

I find that I use this when I go for a brown smoky eye effect. Like other MAC kohls its super soft and highly pigmented. Its brown with specks of gold and not too dark. I often steer away from black liners and use this instead, this is a must have liner in my bag of goodies along with the MAC Rosemary & Thyme kohl.

on 3/30/2010 7:22:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Medium, Cool

I had to post a comment on this since I got the nicest compliment on my eye makeup today from a co-worker. First of all, I love the MAC eye kohl's in general, I have tried and use(d) a number of them (teddy, stubborn brown, bountiful brown, phone number). They are all really easy to apply being the product is really soft. It is because of this I also highly recommend getting the MAC pencil sharpener because other sharpeners just eat the pencil and the point will always break. I am medium toned with dark hair and wasn't sure I could pull this off, but I just love the effect as a daytime subtle look since I think black liner can be sometimes too harsh of a look for day. Teddy is really nice because there are flecks of gold in it that really bring out brown eyes, almost gives a bronze tone to it. I use this with mascara and some undereye concealer and it is the perfect subtle daytime look. I highly recommend if you want a little something to bring out your eyes that looks really natural.

on 3/23/2010 5:20:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Tan, Warm

my staple is stubborn brown in the power point. i just ran out and decided to try a new powerpoint brown. they had nothing as deep as stubborn brown so the ma reccomended teddy. i dont like kohl's because i am SUPER oily and it just smudges but this color is beautiful on my brown eyes. it glides on super smooth and is a deep golden brown with reddish flecks through it. love it and will repurchase