December 18, 2014 | 1699 users online

Eyeliner - MAC - Teddy Eye Kohl

rated 5 of 5 on 6/9/2010 12:01:00 AM More reviews by selenalikeduhh

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium Eyes: Hazel

This is such a pretty eyeliner. It is a golden, medium brown and it makes my light brown eyes pop. Very nice for that sex kitten smudgy eyeliner look. I put it on my upper lash line and my lower lash line and it makes my eyes look bigger and more done up. If you can't wear black eyeliner because it is too harsh then this is a great option.

rated 4 of 5 on 5/12/2010 9:51:00 PM More reviews by SeeMeBeauty

This gives a beautiful effect to my eyes. A light touch and this is good for everyday and when applied with a heavier hand it gets rather sexy. Good texture for tightlining too.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 5/12/2010 6:08:00 PM More reviews by brandi14307

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I like teddy eye kohl but I may want something smoother on the top of my lids.. It's good though and does what it is suppose to do.. I think I will buy it again unless I find something just as good but creamier.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/10/2010 7:07:00 PM More reviews by Poshaj

I love this color eyeliner!! I am used to using liquid (pen) eyeliner because pencil will fade during the day, but I like the smokier look of pencil. Finally with this color, I can wear all day and it still shows up without looking harsh against my pale skin/blue eyes. I highly recommend this.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/5/2010 9:47:00 AM More reviews by Hothead

Age: 44-55 Skin: Normal, Fair, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Hazel

Teddy is the best brown pencil for lining lower lids.

It is a deep dark brown chocolate-- which is good because for anyone, chocolate is what you want to define and give your eyes emphasis. I use it personally and it defines my lower eyelid without encasing me in blackest black.

this is a gorgeous shade and although not waterproof, it stays on for hours if you settle it with a brown (sometimes I use a light brown/golden like Soba, or a reddish brown like Brown script -- MAC) using a slanted brush it will be beautiful for the whole day.

rated 4 of 5 on 5/5/2010 9:03:00 AM More reviews by skimcap

I find that I use this when I go for a brown smoky eye effect. Like other MAC kohls its super soft and highly pigmented. Its brown with specks of gold and not too dark. I often steer away from black liners and use this instead, this is a must have liner in my bag of goodies along with the MAC Rosemary & Thyme kohl.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/30/2010 7:22:00 PM More reviews by jigs1229

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Medium, Cool Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I had to post a comment on this since I got the nicest compliment on my eye makeup today from a co-worker. First of all, I love the MAC eye kohl's in general, I have tried and use(d) a number of them (teddy, stubborn brown, bountiful brown, phone number). They are all really easy to apply being the product is really soft. It is because of this I also highly recommend getting the MAC pencil sharpener because other sharpeners just eat the pencil and the point will always break. I am medium toned with dark hair and wasn't sure I could pull this off, but I just love the effect as a daytime subtle look since I think black liner can be sometimes too harsh of a look for day. Teddy is really nice because there are flecks of gold in it that really bring out brown eyes, almost gives a bronze tone to it. I use this with mascara and some undereye concealer and it is the perfect subtle daytime look. I highly recommend if you want a little something to bring out your eyes that looks really natural.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 3/23/2010 5:20:00 PM More reviews by ltgee

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Tan, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

my staple is stubborn brown in the power point. i just ran out and decided to try a new powerpoint brown. they had nothing as deep as stubborn brown so the ma reccomended teddy. i dont like kohl's because i am SUPER oily and it just smudges but this color is beautiful on my brown eyes. it glides on super smooth and is a deep golden brown with reddish flecks through it. love it and will repurchase

rated 5 of 5 on 3/22/2010 9:35:00 PM More reviews by ViMaquillage

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Black

I LOVE this e/l as an alternative to black especially during the day. It just offers a beautiful look, it's a bronze/brown with bronze and gold flecks in it.

I find that as the day goes on it fades to this nice subtle color. I even prefer it over black eyeliner, it's just so lovely! Price is quite expensive but I can find other high end brands that charge more, so this one is a must buy for those who are looking for something a bit more than just the normal black!

Will continue to repurchase this! This is an HG for me!

EDIT:
Still love this BUT it doesn't last long on the waterline. I have found an alternative in Laura Mercier's caviar stick in Cocoa. It doesn't have the same complexity of colors that Teddy had BUT it's quite close AND lasts ALL DAY!--Read my review!

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 2/26/2010 9:22:00 AM More reviews by sunshinelaur

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

MAC kohl pencils glide on fairly easily and wear well all day, minus the bit of smudging that occurs along my lower lashline. They are moderately easy to apply (less so, however, than Prestige Total Intensity or Stila Kajal, but easier than the MAC powerpoints). I bought Teddy based on the rave reviews, and am glad to have tried it.

The reason Teddy doesn't get much action in my bronze eyeliner collection is because it doesn't do much for my cool, fair PPP complexion since it has a reddish cast to it. It makes me look like I've been crying, or my eyes are a bit irritated. Urban Decay 24/7 pencil in Bourbon has the same slightly reddish undertone. It's a red based bronze vs a gold or orange based bronze. This rusty coppery dark bronze color, along the lines of MAC Bronze eyeshadow, might be more flattering on darker complexions. Teddy would definitely make green eyes "pop". I just prefer a less red eyeliner for my blue eyes and NW10 complexion, in which case MAC Bountiful Brown or MAC Lord It Up! pearlglide seem to fit the bill better. Check out Teddy at the MAC counter before buying if you are particular about the color of your bronze.

Fyi: The Beauty Look Blog (not affiliated) has a post called "Color Focus: Shimmer Bronze eyeliners" that will show you the color difference between most of the bronze eyeliners out there.

13 out of 14 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No