October 23, 2014 | 1459 users online

Body Scrubs - LUSH - Buffy the Backside Slayer

rated 5 of 5 on 12/27/2010 6:22:00 PM More reviews by mphilip429

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Dark, Warm Hair: Brown, Relaxed, Medium Eyes: Brown

Love love love this!
Great exfoliating and moisturizing body scrub. Yes, it can be greasy when you use it in the shower but when you wash it off a little and pat your skin dry, it leaves your skin feeling amazing. Great way to prep your skin for a moisturizing because it locks in the moisture of the water already on your skin.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 12/21/2010 4:09:00 PM More reviews by Tuts311

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Green

Love this product i had been wanting to try it for a while after hearing raves about it. It exfoliates so well and leaves my skin feeling very moisturised which i love because i hate putting moisturiser on after a shower and waiting around for it to dry so this is my perfect solution. The only thing i dont like is i have to keep it in a paper bag i didnt get any packaging with it and it is a little pricey but I would buy it again

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 12/19/2010 4:05:00 PM More reviews by fabulyss

Wow, NO! Absolutely not. I appreciate Lush's eco-friendly packaging and ingredients. However, this product is absolutely terrible. It melts within a week, leaving a disgusting filmy mess in your shower (worse than bath oil, seriously). It doesn't exfoliate or moisturize any better than good ol' fashioned olive oil + sugar. In fact, the moisturizing effects don't really last. It simply isn't worth the price or the mess, especially considering the many alternatives out there.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/7/2010 12:11:00 PM More reviews by MUFEx

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Neutral Hair: Brown, Curly, Other Eyes: Brown

HOLY GRAIL EXFOLIATOR!!!!!!! Cannot sing this body butter/exfoliator higher praises!!! !st off, it smells gorrrrrgeous!! Like a coca, chocolate, sweet heaven that doesn't stick around to give you a headache! just creamy and fragrant enough that you'll enjoy sniffing yourself! but the smell is only the half of it! I have used this twice and the bumps on my thighs have pretty much disappeared!!!!!! I am truely amazed! I'm gonna keep using this 3 times a week now its winter to really banish my dead skin and keep it as smooth as possible but even if you used this once a week you'd really notice a difference in the feel and overall brightness of your skin! seriously evens out complexion and makes you glow!! annnnd if you don't want to....no need to moisturise!! it's a body butter so it's already built in for you!! bought the small size for 5 from the Lush store in Birmingham. One thing i hate is that you have to buy the tin seperately!! c'mon lush!? but other than that, what's an extra 2.50 when you've got something to keep your HG safe and clean in!! :) x

rated 5 of 5 on 12/4/2010 6:38:00 PM More reviews by exotikittenx

This is a really fun product, and very effective at exfoliating and moisturizing. It saves a step as it deposits a layer of moisturizer to your skin, thus you are able to skip moisturizer after the shower. I really enjoy its natural scent, and using it in the shower feels like a massage with those nice grains it has in it. I wish they made a bigger tin for the larger size!

rated 5 of 5 on 12/2/2010 12:44:00 PM More reviews by nicolejohnson

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

I am going on my second Buffy ... i bought my frist one in the summer time and i used it maybe twice a week. After about 4 months i was down to the tiniest piece and i almost freaked out ... now that it is winter time i use it maybe 4 times a week ... I love how this exfoliates and moisturizes at the same time ... i don't have to put lotion on after my shower which saves me some time in the morning as i have 2 little girls that don't give me much time to myself in the mornings :) I big the big ones since it's like my HG ! O yeah i also found out my hubby has been sneakily using this and it still lasts forever ... I have had this one for about 2 months and i would say that there is about 75% still remaining. Also i learned from a youtube guru that it's an awesome lip exfoliate as well !!! just rub it on and rub your lips together for about 30 seconds and wipe off. It's amazing for those dry chapped lips in the winter time !! I love this and will never stop using it !!

rated 5 of 5 on 11/29/2010 5:26:00 AM More reviews by Etiquette

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

My skin is prone to dryness. It's not a 'flakey' kind of dryness - my skin just always seems to be dull and rough. The store assistant recommended this as one of the most moisturizing body butters, and I had also heard good things about it from many of the Youtube beauty gurus, so naturally I had to try it. I did have some reservations because a number of reviewers have said that they found it to be too harsh and abrasive for their liking, but any qualms were completely forgotten after trying Buffy for myself. I bought 'Big Buffy' because the store was out of the smaller size and this cost me $25 Australian dollars. That may seem expensive, but you can chop the bar into about 8 smaller pieces which last about a week each when they are used every day and if they are kept out of direct water spray. I consider that pretty good value for money.

I absolutely love this body butter! Buffy does have a very 'herbal' smell, which some may find unappealing, but the scent is not overpowering and usually doesn't linger on your skin for very long. All the butters and essential oils in this bar make it very moisturizing for the skin, and the effects last for days. I did not find it to be as abrasive as I was expecting based on some reviews claiming it was too 'scrubby'. I suppose my skin is pretty 'tough' so I am able to use this daily, but people with sensitive skin may want to leave it as a twice-a-week treatment. Also, people who find this product to be too harsh could always work some of the product into their hands and gently rub it onto their skin instead of rubbing the bar directly onto the skin.

Just before I'm about to get out of the shower I rub a small chunk of the bar all over my body and then work it into my skin with my hands. I then rinse it off, hop out of the shower and pat myself dry with a towel. Buffy leaves your skin so smooth and soft that there is usually no need to follow up with lotion. However I choose to rub the Business Time massage bar all over to give myself a bit of extra moisture (not that I really need it after using Buffy!). The combination of these two Lush products gives me the softest skin I have had for a very long time! 5 lippies!

rated 5 of 5 on 11/28/2010 5:31:00 AM More reviews by valentineshigh

i am definitely in love with this product. i bought the 'big buffy' version and im so addicted to it, it kills me that i only use it once a week because id love to use it everyday! at first i was surprised that its not as 'scrubby' or granular as most exfoliators im used to, but i like that its not as abrasive but gives just as good of a result. plus the feeling ofyour skin after youve washed it off is amazing, your skin feels so hydrated that it feels like you dont need a moisturiser. the scent is very typical of lush, a herby kind of smell. generally im not very fond of those kinds of earthy herby smells like tea tree, but this one was very pleasant. i will definitely buy this and recommend this to anyone who will listen!

rated 4 of 5 on 11/16/2010 10:23:00 PM More reviews by nikolala

I normally have smooth skin, but recently I found a dry patch on my arm. I decided it was time to start moisturizing my skin regularly. I purchased this product and althought I found it a bit painful on some areas to scrub I love the smooth oily feeling it leaves behind. I found my skin was very soft and healthy looking days after using. I may run out of the product rather quickly, the only downfall is it doesnt come in a container.

rated 4 of 5 on 11/11/2010 5:17:00 PM More reviews by MsEmilyPark

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

One of the better skincare products from Lush. I can see why people consider it to be a harsh exfoliator (and it can be), but it has never given me any problems. I've never been "scratched up" from this product. It does leave a greasy layer on the skin, but this is immediately solved after you pat dry. It's a great moisturizer...especially in the winter when I get very very dry. this product does the trick.

I give it 4 lippies because it's quite expensive. It costs $22.95 for the larger (7 oz.) size and $11.95 for the smaller (3.3 oz) size in the U.S.