July 31, 2014 | 1795 users online

Body Scrubs - LUSH - Buffy the Backside Slayer

rated 5 of 5 on 12/4/2010 6:38:00 PM More reviews by exotikittenx

This is a really fun product, and very effective at exfoliating and moisturizing. It saves a step as it deposits a layer of moisturizer to your skin, thus you are able to skip moisturizer after the shower. I really enjoy its natural scent, and using it in the shower feels like a massage with those nice grains it has in it. I wish they made a bigger tin for the larger size!

rated 5 of 5 on 12/2/2010 12:44:00 PM More reviews by nicolejohnson

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

I am going on my second Buffy ... i bought my frist one in the summer time and i used it maybe twice a week. After about 4 months i was down to the tiniest piece and i almost freaked out ... now that it is winter time i use it maybe 4 times a week ... I love how this exfoliates and moisturizes at the same time ... i don't have to put lotion on after my shower which saves me some time in the morning as i have 2 little girls that don't give me much time to myself in the mornings :) I big the big ones since it's like my HG ! O yeah i also found out my hubby has been sneakily using this and it still lasts forever ... I have had this one for about 2 months and i would say that there is about 75% still remaining. Also i learned from a youtube guru that it's an awesome lip exfoliate as well !!! just rub it on and rub your lips together for about 30 seconds and wipe off. It's amazing for those dry chapped lips in the winter time !! I love this and will never stop using it !!

rated 5 of 5 on 11/29/2010 5:26:00 AM More reviews by Etiquette

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

My skin is prone to dryness. It's not a 'flakey' kind of dryness - my skin just always seems to be dull and rough. The store assistant recommended this as one of the most moisturizing body butters, and I had also heard good things about it from many of the Youtube beauty gurus, so naturally I had to try it. I did have some reservations because a number of reviewers have said that they found it to be too harsh and abrasive for their liking, but any qualms were completely forgotten after trying Buffy for myself. I bought 'Big Buffy' because the store was out of the smaller size and this cost me $25 Australian dollars. That may seem expensive, but you can chop the bar into about 8 smaller pieces which last about a week each when they are used every day and if they are kept out of direct water spray. I consider that pretty good value for money.

I absolutely love this body butter! Buffy does have a very 'herbal' smell, which some may find unappealing, but the scent is not overpowering and usually doesn't linger on your skin for very long. All the butters and essential oils in this bar make it very moisturizing for the skin, and the effects last for days. I did not find it to be as abrasive as I was expecting based on some reviews claiming it was too 'scrubby'. I suppose my skin is pretty 'tough' so I am able to use this daily, but people with sensitive skin may want to leave it as a twice-a-week treatment. Also, people who find this product to be too harsh could always work some of the product into their hands and gently rub it onto their skin instead of rubbing the bar directly onto the skin.

Just before I'm about to get out of the shower I rub a small chunk of the bar all over my body and then work it into my skin with my hands. I then rinse it off, hop out of the shower and pat myself dry with a towel. Buffy leaves your skin so smooth and soft that there is usually no need to follow up with lotion. However I choose to rub the Business Time massage bar all over to give myself a bit of extra moisture (not that I really need it after using Buffy!). The combination of these two Lush products gives me the softest skin I have had for a very long time! 5 lippies!

rated 5 of 5 on 11/28/2010 5:31:00 AM More reviews by valentineshigh

i am definitely in love with this product. i bought the 'big buffy' version and im so addicted to it, it kills me that i only use it once a week because id love to use it everyday! at first i was surprised that its not as 'scrubby' or granular as most exfoliators im used to, but i like that its not as abrasive but gives just as good of a result. plus the feeling ofyour skin after youve washed it off is amazing, your skin feels so hydrated that it feels like you dont need a moisturiser. the scent is very typical of lush, a herby kind of smell. generally im not very fond of those kinds of earthy herby smells like tea tree, but this one was very pleasant. i will definitely buy this and recommend this to anyone who will listen!

rated 4 of 5 on 11/16/2010 10:23:00 PM More reviews by nikolala

I normally have smooth skin, but recently I found a dry patch on my arm. I decided it was time to start moisturizing my skin regularly. I purchased this product and althought I found it a bit painful on some areas to scrub I love the smooth oily feeling it leaves behind. I found my skin was very soft and healthy looking days after using. I may run out of the product rather quickly, the only downfall is it doesnt come in a container.

rated 4 of 5 on 11/11/2010 5:17:00 PM More reviews by MsEmilyPark

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

One of the better skincare products from Lush. I can see why people consider it to be a harsh exfoliator (and it can be), but it has never given me any problems. I've never been "scratched up" from this product. It does leave a greasy layer on the skin, but this is immediately solved after you pat dry. It's a great moisturizer...especially in the winter when I get very very dry. this product does the trick.

I give it 4 lippies because it's quite expensive. It costs $22.95 for the larger (7 oz.) size and $11.95 for the smaller (3.3 oz) size in the U.S.

rated 3 of 5 on 11/8/2010 8:28:00 PM More reviews by tori8780

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

This is very harsh. It is very moisturizing, and I actually like the greasy feeling it leaves on my skin because I dont have to moisturize, but it is sooooo scratcy and harsh!! I havent found a single place I can use it that it doesnt irritate or tear up. I prefer Aqua Mirablis to this.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/30/2010 11:10:00 PM More reviews by showSTOPPER

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

Probably one of my favourite products from lush.
Absolutely beautiful combination of exfoliant and moisturiser.
I turn the shower off, and swipe the bar across my arms and legs and concentrate on my elbows and knees, wash off the exfoliant, step out of the shower and pat dry. Honestly, people complaining about having greasy skin is ridiculous to me - after I pat try I'm just left with soft skin with a bit of a sheen and everything sinks in.
Its a really pure product as well which adds to the great feeling of using it.

If you want less moisture more exfoliant - I recommend trying Aqua Mirabalis (sp?) or if you are after less exfoliant more moisture - King of Skin is beautiful.

5/5 from me, but it is a little pricey because one bar only gives about 15 uses in my experience, but its still worth it!!

rated 3 of 5 on 10/30/2010 10:26:00 PM More reviews by LUCKY521

I'm only giving this a 3 for several reasons: 1) It gets used up fast! I don't use it everyday, maybe only once a week, and i've used up almost a whole bar, thus making this an expensive product. 2) I think there are better lush products that would give you similar results. For example, if you want to moisturize and exfoliate, I would use Porriage Soap in the shower then use Dream Cream after drying off. 3) It's too greasy for me, it does leave my skin moisturized, but if I don't follow with a soap I feel dirty when I come out of the shower!

rated 4 of 5 on 10/21/2010 2:18:00 AM More reviews by Sparkleyes69

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I actually came across this product at a womens convention where Lush was one of the vendors. The lady used it on my arm and i was kindof turned off since whe got my arm soaking wet, but after an hour or so I touched my arm and it felt so soft and smooth! I was intrigued and had to get one for myself. Since I was already home, I found the nearest Lush store (45 mins away) and got one for myself. I have a skin condition on my arms and legs, kp, usually referred to as chicken skin. Buffy actually helps my skin condition. I really don't think I could live without this product ever!!! It makes my skin so soft and smooth!!! It really is worth it. I don't find it too harsh, but I do not use this anywhere except my arms and legs. It exfoliates, moisturizes and leaves my skin feeling so soft. How I use it is after my shower is complete, I turn off the water and grab my buffy (which I keep up high on the shower frame) and run it over my arms and legs. Then quickly turn the shower back on for a minute and rinse off. The Buffy does melt kind of quickly, but I think it will last me z while. I did get the bigger bar that is $22. Kinda expensive, but worth it to me.