April 20, 2014 | 1758 users online

Fragrances - Hermes - Un Jardin sur le Nil

rated 5 of 5 on 7/14/2006 7:36:00 AM More reviews by msmazeppa

Age: 44-55 Skin: Sensitive, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I first sniffed this on a NM bill insert and was intrigued. Ordered a decant on eBay and was hooked. I won't go into scent breakdown here as other reviewers have done a great job of that, but will say that it reminds me a bit of a cross between Annick Goutal's Eau d'Hadrien and Prescriptive's Calyx, both of which I enjoyed wearing in the past but dropped out of my rotation because they lacked something.

I like the balance in this Hermes fragrance; the intense greenness does hit strongly at first but dries down fairly quickly on me. Not so on my clothing, however; the green lingers nicely and my closet smells fantastic!

Product update: I like this enough to buy another bottle; it's become my green go-to scent.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 7/10/2006 3:27:00 PM More reviews by wcw74

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

The Nordstrom SA was nice enough to dump a bunch of Hermes perfume samples in my shopping bag the last time I bought fragrance. One of them is Hermes Un Jardin Sur le Nil. I know this is listed as a unisex fragrance, however there is something very feminine and fresh about it. Maybe it's due to the flower and fruity notes. Its definitely a fresh "watery" green fragrance, especially once I spray it on. After an hour I can detect the mangoes and and lotus(?). Definitely flowery notes. I imagine wearing white dressed on a sunny day when wearing this fragrance, appropriate for spring and summer. I only have a sample now and will consider purchasing the full sized bottle in the future.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/8/2006 6:36:00 PM More reviews by Loveyfly

Age: 30-35 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Lovely, light, fresh summer frangrance. I love it.

rated 1 of 5 on 7/6/2006 5:01:00 PM More reviews by cloisonne

This doesn't smell very good on me, in fact, bug repellent smells better. Why did I waste my money on this?!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/11/2006 6:34:00 AM More reviews by Ms_Stressa

A perfect Summer scent - watery top note and some fruit notes, but not sweet or cloying. The green mango in it is wonderful; followed by a drydown that is somewhat earthy (without going into "dirty" territory.) It manages to smell clean and fresh and yet from a dry, hot place - like water surrounded by desert.

I wish it had a bit more staying power on me; someday Neiman Marcus will restock so I can get the lotion already. Also, I know that this can supposedly be worn by men, but to me the green mango in it is just too fruity/girly. I do know that if I caught my boyfriend borrowing mine, I'd slap him. continued >>

rated 5 of 5 on 5/17/2006 1:53:00 PM More reviews by chatperdu

Age: 30-35 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Tart, almost bitter. Also watery. But very crisp...like clean, laundered sheets on a dry, breezy, sunny, spring transition into summertime day. I love mangoes. It is my favorite fruit and Hermes got it just right re: a green, unripe mango scent(even though, wanna know a secret? it's carrot that makes the mango)--this is not a "fruity" scent at all. It's a quite sophisticated, "green" scent. It makes me think of the color white, clean lines, linear architecture. Timeless.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/14/2006 6:29:00 AM More reviews by BGBG

Fabulous fragrance that I wear a lot. I love the sweet but refreshing quality, it really makes you feel as if you're visiting a garden in the Nile area. The drydown is really interesting, almost dirty, very sensual. Perfect unisex scent.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 5/3/2006 7:37:00 AM More reviews by pennypencil

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Kinky, Medium Eyes: Blue

A gorgeous fragrance - green mango and grapefruit to my nose, drying down to a soft soap. I am going to have to adjust my other reviews for fresh citrus scents now because this tops them. I had liked eau d'hadrien but this is much better. I won't give it five yet cus my experience with it is still in its early stages. But a very lovely and sparkling mouth-watering choice. EDIT: Over 8 hours later and it is still very much there, only now it's very soapy, which is a good thing. Very impressed.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 4/23/2006 5:23:00 PM More reviews by izzybella

Age: Unknown Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Love, love this scent. Very fresh and perfect for spring, although I can't imagine a guy wearing this. Every time I wear this I get compliments from both sexes. Love that it smells like mangoes, which I don't think many fragrances do!

rated 5 of 5 on 4/8/2006 1:09:00 AM More reviews by sparrkle

Age: 44-55 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Other

My boyfriend gave this to me for my birthday, I absolutely love this parfum! I get lots of compliments. I cannot imagine this being worn by a man, but to each their own. In my opinion it is very sexy.