Hermes Un Jardin sur le Nil

4.1

on 10/22/2006 12:00:00 PM

This is my new HG scent--initially it has a strong citrus punch but then the dry down is very green, similar to Bulgari Eau de thé vert. I love it, it's not overpowering and gives me a lift whenever I smell my wrist.

on 10/18/2006 3:14:00 PM

I do not care for this fragrance at all. All I get from it is grapefruit. To me, it smells really similar to Orgins "Gloom Away" (at least I think that is what it is called). The staying power is not that great either. I do not think it is worth the price. This is more like a "hot summer day" fragrance. It seems really green, crisp and fresh.

on 9/7/2006 5:06:00 PM

My husband smelled this on my arm and declared, "It's a perfumey grapefruit." For once, his usually scent-challenged nose was correct. That's Un Jardin sur le Nil in a nutshell.

on 9/7/2006 1:19:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure

I'd love to love this as much as I love other Hermes scents. But sadly, it just doesn't work for me. It ends up smelling like TBS' Lemon tea. Nary a green mango to be found. Not a bad scent, but certainly not what I was expecting. It smells fabulous on a friend, so for that it gets a happy medium rating.

on 8/1/2006 2:58:00 PM

Didn't really like this. I love Jardin en Mediterranee, but Sur le Nil turns sour on me. Almost like sour milk, but not as strong. I wished I liked it though. It smells great on my co-worker.

on 7/14/2006 7:36:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Other, Not Sure

I first sniffed this on a NM bill insert and was intrigued. Ordered a decant on eBay and was hooked. I won't go into scent breakdown here as other reviewers have done a great job of that, but will say that it reminds me a bit of a cross between Annick Goutal's Eau d'Hadrien and Prescriptive's Calyx, both of which I enjoyed wearing in the past but dropped out of my rotation because they lacked something.

I like the balance in this Hermes fragrance; the intense greenness does hit strongly at first but dries down fairly quickly on me. Not so on my clothing, however; the green lingers nicely and my closet smells fantastic!

Product update: I like this enough to buy another bottle; it's become my green go-to scent.

on 7/10/2006 3:27:00 PM

The Nordstrom SA was nice enough to dump a bunch of Hermes perfume samples in my shopping bag the last time I bought fragrance. One of them is Hermes Un Jardin Sur le Nil. I know this is listed as a unisex fragrance, however there is something very feminine and fresh about it. Maybe it's due to the flower and fruity notes. Its definitely a fresh "watery" green fragrance, especially once I spray it on. After an hour I can detect the mangoes and and lotus(?). Definitely flowery notes. I imagine wearing white dressed on a sunny day when wearing this fragrance, appropriate for spring and summer. I only have a sample now and will consider purchasing the full sized bottle in the future.

on 7/8/2006 6:36:00 PM

Lovely, light, fresh summer frangrance. I love it.

on 7/6/2006 5:01:00 PM

This doesn't smell very good on me, in fact, bug repellent smells better. Why did I waste my money on this?!

on 6/11/2006 6:34:00 AM

A perfect Summer scent - watery top note and some fruit notes, but not sweet or cloying. The green mango in it is wonderful; followed by a drydown that is somewhat earthy (without going into "dirty" territory.) It manages to smell clean and fresh and yet from a dry, hot place - like water surrounded by desert.

I wish it had a bit more staying power on me; someday Neiman Marcus will restock so I can get the lotion already. Also, I know that this can supposedly be worn by men, but to me the green mango in it is just too fruity/girly. I do know that if I caught my boyfriend borrowing mine, I'd slap him. continued >>