September 23, 2014 | 1776 users online

Pressed Powders - Physicians Formula - Mineral Wear Talc-Free Mineral Face Powder

rated 5 of 5 on 11/16/2011 10:08:00 AM More reviews by Bombshell222

Age: 36-43 Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Hands down, holy grail powder. I have oily skin but I am in my mid 30's, so I need something that doesn't settle into fine lines and make you look older while controlling oil. After using numerous powders, this worked the best. A little pricey for drug store, but totally worth it. No break outs or irritation either! Plus, like that it is natural.

rated 3 of 5 on 11/10/2011 11:15:00 AM More reviews by BeachBaby14

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

it covered well ish, but it was so lose it got everywhere:( not pleased.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/10/2011 9:51:00 AM More reviews by fatalrevolutum

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Hazel

This is my HG powder. No breakouts. Gorgeous color match (I'm wearing translucent light) for very fair skin. And spf 16! Everything I ever wanted from powder.
I've tried Benefit, Manhattan, Givenchy and Vichy. And this one is definitely the winner for me. Though you should be wearing a moisturizer under it (I use PF organic wear tinted moisturizer or Neutrogena Clear Skin moisturizer), otherwise it'll look too powdery, especially if you have combo/dry skin.

I love this powder.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/8/2011 11:55:00 PM More reviews by GreenTea02

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

My HG powder/compact! I've used cover girl, MAC studio fix, and bare minerals. ALL of them made me break out. I went on a mission online to find the most affordable and gentle powder. I found it in this bulky compact (I despise there packaging; such a waste of plastic!!!. Change your DAMN packing PF). It provides medium coverage for my natural redness and gives my skin protection from the sun ;). I use translucent light. I have been using it for almost 2 months now and zero breakouts. I even once slept with it in on and no breakouts. The brush that's included is useless. I use a bare minerals kabuki brush to apply and buff it out on my face in a circular motion. Also, even when i pack it on over pimples it does not irritate them. It actually makes them less noticeable and red. At first it can appear very powdery, but within 5 minutes absorbs into your skin. To speed up the matte process I use a rosewater facial spray. I hope this powder continues to work for me.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/8/2011 11:25:00 AM More reviews by windycity

I used this product a few years ago and ventured out to other foundations. I recently started using this foundation again and I really like it. Other foundations make my sensative skin break out. I have had no skin reactions from this foundations. I only with they have more color choices.

rated 3 of 5 on 10/22/2011 11:58:00 PM More reviews by zero131nh

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Black

I bought this after hearing the rave reviews on MUA. I was trying different brands of mineral makeup since my skin has been broken out for the past year. i got this in Translucent.
Pro: Yes, it provides good coverage if you put a lot on. The company claims it to be minimal in ingredients. But this is not very different from any other drugstore mineral makeups. It does contain parabens so you should check on that.
Cons: Like I said, you will achieve the desired coverage if you put a generous amount on. However, I find that the finish is cakey even with a light dust. It looks very powdery and fake, and dry too. You will see your flakes. (And I do moisturize before applying makeup.)
Even though it looks dead matte when I first apply, about a few hours later it turns my face into an oil slick. I would cake around my nose and other oily area. So no oil control power.
When I first used it in translucent, the color matched my skin. The more I get closer to the pan, the darker it becomes. Now when I use it I look like I have bronzer on.
The powder is not heavily pressed. My brush picks up a lot of product in one light swirl. I have to work with it for a little to get the right amount on my brush before applying. And the powder flies everywhere. Quite messy. I don't have this problem with other powder.
To be fair I don't hate it, but for the price I can get better mineral makeup from other brands. I won't buy again.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 10/1/2011 11:34:00 PM More reviews by gandiko

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

ETA (4/14/12): I have to change my review. After months of using this and loving the way it made my skin look, I'm tossing out my current compact and giving the rest away. I liked this so much and there's such a hype about how healthy mineral makeup is for problematic skin that I didn't want to believe that this was the cause for my painful break-outs and painful inflammation, but this is definitely the culprit. I forgot to take it on a recent trip and my skin calmed down within a day of not using this. After 2 days of using this again, I had cystic acne where I had piled it on, and I found new irritation/clogging every time I took my makeup off at night. So sad, because it really is low maintenance and goes on beautifully. Beware if you have sensitive skin. If you don't have many issues, you're probably going to love this to death.

ORIGINAL REVIEW: I will never be without this and if PF ever discontinues this I'm going on a rampage. I get back-ups for this every time my CVS has a sale.

I wear this on top of my BB cream if I want more coverage, but I also routinely use this by itself when I just need to even out my skin tone. This thing goes on LIKE A DREAM. I am not the most makeup adroit person out there, but even I can achieve a nice flawless airbrushed look. Best of all is that it does not look cakey even if you build up to medium coverage.

Positives:
+ Physical sunscreen (zinc and titanium dioxide): a lot of people are sensitive to chemical sunscreens, not to mention that most chemical ss are NOT photostable and will not actually protect you if you're looking to not get cancer. I have highly reactive skin and I have never ever had an issue with this powder.

+ Mineral powder, and talc free. This is one of the healthier options out there if you have problematic skin or if you're worried about aggravating acne or any other skin condition.

+ Scent free

+ While the colour gamut could be better, there is still plenty to chose from, and you can definitely personalise this with some PF mineral bronzer

+ This doesn't fade on me as much as other powders I've tried

+ For how this performs and for the ingredients list, I think this PF mineral powder is worth its pricier price tag, especially if you wait to stash up when there's a sale or a special promotion when you can easily get it for half off :)

Gripe:
- The only reason I don't give this favourite powder of mine a big fat 5 is because of the lousy packaging. Not only is it big and bulky (that I could overlook) but it's such a waste. There's a huge space under the compact for a brush I've never used, and a mirror. There is just so much wasted space and plastic for no reason and it drives me crazy with most of the PF products I've tried )their single eye brightener ES packaging is ridiculous). The amount of product there does not warrant the huge freaking package in any way. I would much rather either get the same amount of powder for cheaper, or get a huge tin of it for the price it is at now, without the empty space and the meh brush.
That's my only issue with it though. Highly recommend!

rated 5 of 5 on 9/27/2011 1:04:00 AM More reviews by melanie721

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I wrote a review for this product when I first bought it in September 2011, this is an updated review. After using this product pretty much every day since I bought it from September to July, I finally ran out a couple of days ago. I repurchased another compact last night because I love this powder so much. I get it in translucent and it's very smooth with good coverage (not as a foundation powder, just as a setting powder which is what I use it for) I use this to set concealer and foundation and lately have been trying it on top of BB cream and love it no matter what I use it with. Other powders make my acne spots look flaky, stick to my concealer, and make my face look patchy and strange. I do have breakouts, but this product does not cause them. I would recommend this powder to anyone. My only complaint is the packaging, I feel like the compact is unnecessarily bulky and the brush is useless, as most brushes are that come with drugstore products. I use my ecotools brushes for everything and they are fantastic.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/25/2011 12:51:00 PM More reviews by itstwilight

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

Bought this item in translucent, mostly to help control shine. Since I live in FL, I'm trying to control the shine for about 8 months out of the year, and this product works well. I have not tried this on top of my liquid foundation yet, but on it's own, it controls shine through the work day, though I would have to check up and probably re-apply for night.
I've been having some blemish problems lately, and this does not seem to contribute to the problem, which I appreciate. If you want a translucent mineral powder to control shine, this product is great!

rated 3 of 5 on 9/12/2011 11:19:00 PM More reviews by CupcakesForever

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

For my combination skin, this powder wasn't the best. After about 30 minutes my face was shiny. I wouldn't recommend using it without a foundation under it. The price was pretty reasonable but for its quality, I would say it could be cheaper, As for the packaging, the brush it came with was rough. I would not purchases this product again.