December 22, 2014 | 1165 users online

Pressed Powders - Physicians Formula - Mineral Wear Face Powder SPF 16

image 0image 1image 2

rated 4 of 5 on 1/5/2012 12:19:00 AM More reviews by rvdiaz

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Olive, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I love to use this as a powder foundation, after moisturizer and primer it makes my skin look healthy and covers up redness and minor blemishes, and it feels so nice on my skin. It never breaks me out and it sets my liquid foundation pretty good too.

The only issue I have is that in the summer I cannot use this because i get really tan and there is no suitable shade for me( the bronzers look orange on me so those are out of the question), and once you hit pan its only a matter of time until the product crumbles, I just transfer it to a different container after that.

rated 3 of 5 on 12/30/2011 12:31:00 PM More reviews by dezichan

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

For one, hate the packaging. I didn't think it'd be as bad as people say it is, but it sucks! So big, bulky, and flimsy. I just tried this powder out this morning, about 2 hours ago and can't believe it. It looked fine going on, though it made a bit of a mess being so fine and all. Seemed to match my skintone (I got Translucent Light because I'm quite pale) Then, just went to check in the mirror before heading out and my face is freaking orange-ish like I've been tanned!!! I checked the package and the exp date is fine so?! In a hurry, I just patted on more powder, my Revlon CS in translucent, to tone it down. My face was also already oily, like very oily everywhere. Very upset at this powder. Hopefully it will be okay for the sumemr when I DO have a tan. I also bought another PF powder, non mineral, and will see how that works out later.

rated 4 of 5 on 12/21/2011 2:17:00 AM More reviews by Lionessque

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Oily, Tan, Neutral Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

wowwwwwwwwwzerzzzz! best mineral makeup everrrr! ive tried quite a few but nothing compares to this!

PROS:
-absorbs oil very well
-A mineral makeup that actually stays put
-coverage is amazing for a mineral foundation
-get a lot of compliments when using this product
-Does not oxidize
-Contains a form of s p f or titanium dioxide
-has a beautiful semi matte finish
-packaging is convenient and sleek

CONS:
-tends to separate and oily areas
-frequent touch ups but I don't mind

rated 5 of 5 on 12/14/2011 4:37:00 PM More reviews by brittnirae

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I bought this last night, and I was so happy with the results. I have acne prone skin, and I've never felt comfortable putting liquids on my skin for fear of getting even more acne so I always stick with powder. After reading on the box that is didn't clog pores and was hypoallergenic, it was a win for me. After trying it today, I noticed it did make my face a little powdery which made me worried. But when I got to school, I checked in the mirror and it lost that and looked really natural. Throughout the day, it looked like I wasn't wearing make-up at all. I'm also pale, and the light shade matched my skin tone good. I bought this in the Physicians Formula's Flawless Complexion Kit so I got the mineral veil and blush as well. The only thing I don't like is the brush that comes under the foundation and blush. I don't think that brush is that functional, and instead of having the brush and mirror under the compact, I wish there was more product. But I'm being nit-picky! If you have acne-prone skin, you should definitely try this. I'm so happy I actually found a foundation I can stick to!

rated 5 of 5 on 12/7/2011 1:33:00 AM More reviews by nemartor

I have been using this powder in Creamy Natural since I was seventeen and I am now twenty-one. I can honestly say this product has gotten me through my many skin ups and downs. Over the years, I have gone from struggling with acne, to having near-perfect skin, to struggling with a bit of acne again. This product has made these fluctuations not seem so detrimental. As a powder, the product offers pretty awesome coverage. I am not a fan of liquid foundations or concealers, mainly because I'm terribly at applying them and I tend to hate the feel of liquid on my face. This powder acts as a medium foundation and is so easy to apply. I have pretty oily skin, but when I wear this powder I don't have to blot nearly as often... hmm... I guess the one thing I can say about this foundation is that upon initial application, it can look kind of powdery (given, I really do use this as my foundation and rely on it to cover everything like redness and blemishes so I probably am guilty of using too much), but after about an hour when some natural oils build a bit, it looks like your skin. I literally feel like I'm not wearing makeup after an hour and trick myself into thinking I have perfect (or almost perfect) skin. I'd say, if you are someone who is not a makeup artist and does not enjoy liquids or feeling super made up, give this a try. It's easy to find and apply so there really is no harm. O AND THIS WILL NOT BREAK YOU OUT. I have such sensitive skin, but I use this practically daily and I have never had any problems.

rated 3 of 5 on 12/1/2011 1:09:00 PM More reviews by woooooosha

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

So I beak out with anything I put on my face, really. I'm VERY acne prone, and my skin is dependent on Benzoyl Peroxide (unforuntately) and so any little thing on my face breaks it out and blemishes become infected, with lots of hyper-pigmentation due to the BP. Needless to say, liquid foundation makes my skin look like a minefield.

So, I decided to pick this up after I read some good reviews, and grabbed a kabuki brush while I was at it (as you've probably read already, the brush that comes with it is stupid and useless.)

I've tried expensive mineral foundations and they always broke me out in very strange, irritated bumps. So far, this stuff hasn't done that. I'm also using a pretty strong BP product with this, so I'll have to wean myself off of it and see how this stuff holds up on its own as far as acne goes.

The color is good, even though the "creamy natural" is a little dark for my winter skin, it still blends well. I was pretty amazed at the coverage of this stuff, and I'm sort of confused as to why it isn't marketed as a foundation. I use it alone... just a little concealer for the prominent blemish, but you could definitely use this as concealer because it's very build-able.

It does look very dry and powdery at first, but once your natural oils mix with it, you don't even notice that you're wearing it. After about 12-16 hours, it starts looking blotchy... but 12-16 hours is a long time! I like that I barely have to touch it up. In the morning, I wash my face with jojoba oil, pat a little jojoba oil on to dry, and then apply this after it absorbs into my skin and the powder sets right over it nicely.

If you are sensitive to vitamin A or retinol products, this stuff may irritate your skin a bit. It irritates whatever blemishes I have on my skin, and there is a slight itch at times, but only very slightly. I'm not sure I would wear this outside in the summer because of the retinol and the parabens in it, because I'm sure it would do some nasty things to your skin. Perhaps with a good SPF underneath.

Packaging is crap, what a heap of plastic! They could cut out a ton of that plastic and the useless brush with just doing a simple mirror compact or something. Oh well.

OVERALL- good product so far. I'm not going to jump the gun and say I love it, I haven't been using it long, so I'll update. I'm hoping it's as good later as it is now! Maybe it will even help me come off of benzoyl peroxide :)

Edit: Seems to be breaking me out in small white zits :( Not great with dry, winter skin, unfortunately. The search continues..

rated 3 of 5 on 11/26/2011 4:54:00 PM More reviews by sajadenise

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

Smooth application, and I can't recall it ever caking on me. Coverage is great w/ or w/out liquid foundation. Only problem is it breaks me out around the jawline. I swapped out every product I use regularly and this ended up being the culprit.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 11/16/2011 11:37:00 AM More reviews by hoku

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

Overall: 4

Price: 3 ($28 for the powder, the finishing veil, and blush; $18 individually)

Packaging: 2

Buy again: yes

----------------------------------------------

I first tried this in 2006, but I had purchased the wrong colour (Beige). I returned it for Translucent Light, which matched my face much better. For reference I am NC30-35, Chinese, olive toned.

I don't use this that often anymore, but when I did use it, I used it as a foundation. I applied with either a flocked foundation sponge, foundation brush, or philosophy The Supernatural multi-use brush. I would swipe or just touch the surface of the powder and then swirl it on my face (brush) or apply in strokes (foundation sponge, brush). It did look powdery at first, but then it melts into your face and looks more natural. I'm not using it right now just because I am currently in love with BB Creams but in the summer I might return to this product.

I found that it looked a little pink for my skintone sometimes but that isn't much of a problem when I am NC25 in the wintertime. I haven't had any problems with oxidation. I've used this on my cousin for her graduation photos and gotten her hooked on it! That says a lot because she's a "no makeup" kind of girl.

I'm acne-prone and this stuff never breaks me out. I found that it made a pretty decent concealer when packed on with a concealer brush like the MAC 194. I don't feel like this powder helps control my oil, however. But, if I blot then it looks great again.

For a drugstore product, it's quite expensive, even at Wal-Mart. However, the product lasts a long time with daily use, so I guess it's not so bad. I've repurchased this product twice, so that says something! The compact (as everyone else has stated) is quite bulky and unnecessarily large. The brush that comes with it is useless. But, I've come to accept that and just use my own brushes or sponges.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/16/2011 10:08:00 AM More reviews by Bombshell222

Age: 36-43 Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Hands down, holy grail powder. I have oily skin but I am in my mid 30's, so I need something that doesn't settle into fine lines and make you look older while controlling oil. After using numerous powders, this worked the best. A little pricey for drug store, but totally worth it. No break outs or irritation either! Plus, like that it is natural.

rated 3 of 5 on 11/10/2011 11:15:00 AM More reviews by BeachBaby14

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

it covered well ish, but it was so lose it got everywhere:( not pleased.