April 20, 2014 | 983 users online

Pressed Powders - Physicians Formula - Mineral Wear Mineral Face Powder

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/24/2010 11:26:00 PM More reviews by JuicyGirlx33

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Brown

matte finish, keeps face matte, smooths skin

rated 4 of 5 on 7/12/2010 2:44:00 PM More reviews by caramelgordon

Great for my acne prone sensitive skin. A bit powdery. Packaging stinks. I personally need to find a little darker shade. But overall love this product.

rated 4 of 5 on 7/12/2010 2:28:00 PM More reviews by Chemicals

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Curly, Other Eyes: Brown

I first purchased the mineral wear talc free loose powder, and then when purchasing a new container of it, i came acrost this product due to the way it looked! I used it and it looked flawless on my face. I would buy this again for sure. :)

rated 1 of 5 on 7/10/2010 3:37:00 AM More reviews by mzpkay

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Other, Medium Eyes: Brown

I think this broke me out in cystic pimples. I have extremely acne and clog prone skin and so I can't be absolutely sure that it was this powder that broke me out. ...But I'm pretty sure it is. My face was actually healing for a bit and then BAM 4 cystic pimples. I have a feeling it was the mica that broke me out....or squalane...or the silica. IDK.
I'm now scared to use it again and will return it tomorrow.
Packaging was a bit of a hassle as well. I disliked the brush that came with it and putting the mirror on the bottom of the compact was sort of stupid.
Coverage was so-so; a little cakey if you overapply.
Color was decent. I'm a NC 20 and I got this in Translucent Light.
Never again will I try mineral foundation.

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 6/26/2010 9:16:00 PM More reviews by lexilovesmakeup

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

i bought this in a value pack with the powder, blush and finshing veil for 20 bucks, not a bad deal at all. i really love the coverage it gives, but throw the brushes it comes with away there useless. i like to use a sponge or eco tools kabuki brush. i got a shade a little to dark but i plan on tanning soon so i wont swap it out. this doesnt irritate my sensitive skin or make me breakout. make sure you moisturize and let ur moisturizer completly dry before putting this on, it does emphasize dry areas. over all an amazing product. ill def repurchase

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/17/2010 2:02:00 PM More reviews by yoyocanary

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

I have this in translucent, and I find that it works well with my skin tone. I usually use this with a puff to set or touch-up my makeup, and I find that it works really well for that without making my face look powdery or dry. I have not had problems with either the powder or the package breaking either. This doesn't irritate my skin or make it feel dry at all. I really like this powder, and I will repurchase.

rated 4 of 5 on 6/17/2010 7:33:00 AM More reviews by ChellyTelly

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

This is the powder I keep in my purse and in my desk at work. The powder always breaks, so I have to keep it in a pouch with a separate powder puff to apply (the brush that comes with it is useless.)

This powder covers great and doesn't break me out - no talc! It stays well and is matte and keeps my oilies in check.

My daughters love this, too. We've tried almost everything and this is the one we continue to use. Best product for the price IMO.

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 6/16/2010 9:38:00 PM More reviews by Kirikireii

At first I wasn't really sure what to make of it.
The colour I bought was slightly too light for my skin tone.

Brush: Not as terrible as some of the other Physical's Formula brushes I've used, but you can find better brushes. I'll give this brush a 6.5/10

Powder: Great powder, great formula. I wish I bought a shade darker though. This is SHEER coverage though. Especially if you use the brush that comes with it, the coverage will be sheer. And don't forget to "blend" or else you will have too much powder in one area

Compact: 5/10. I like how there's a built in mirror, but because the brush is in the same compartment, the mirror is always dusty from the powder. Not only that, but my powder (in time) slowly broke to pieces...

Right now, this powder is all broken. I was hoping to use this as a travel-powder for quick fixes // checking myself in the mirror, but the powder is all broken and I can't open the mirror because the powder is on top....

I use is at a loose/powder now and because I don't travel with this, I can use my good brushes to apply.

I find that the coverage is much better with my buffer brush.
I'd give this product a 8.5/10 or a 9/10

But the packaging really gets to me. Some of the powder spilled in my purse.

I recommend buying this, as long as you don't mind the powder breaking in about 2 months.

rated 4 of 5 on 6/14/2010 2:12:00 AM More reviews by Lauriesworld

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Other, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I really love this foundation!
in the summer my skin is more tan,
and i noticed that my light powders are making my face look way paler than the rest of my body. which i thought was completely awful! i went to k mart and saw this little baby and thought why not? i bought it and applied some concealer to my spots. the creamy natural matches my skin tone almost perfectly, and it was lovely on my skin.
- i will reperchase.

rated 1 of 5 on 6/3/2010 5:06:00 PM More reviews by chiquitabanana101

Was looking for a pressed mineral powder for travel, since the loose powders can be messy. Hated this one. Poor coverage and fake, powdery finish. And why make a foundation with different colors instead of just blending it so you can see the real color?? Incidentally, I ended up loving MAC Mineralize Skin Finish.