October 25, 2014 | 1863 users online

Eyeliner - MAC - Fluidline Eyeliner Gel Macroviolet

image 0image 1image 2

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 10/26/2007 12:07:00 AM More reviews by NuMama

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Dark, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I was so excited to try a purple liner to complement my light golden brown eyes. This was so beautiful...in the jar! I could barely see it once I applied it; even after a couple layers. I'm NC 40/45 for reference. Back it goes!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 10/10/2007 4:27:00 AM More reviews by littlelamb

Unfortunately, of all my fluidlines, this one didn't quite work well as an eyeliner. It's deep violet-purple with red irridescence in the pan, but applies very sheer - more like a sheer cream eyeshadow. You can add more layers to increase the depth and intensity, bringing out the red shimmers. The intensity of Macroviolet is similar to Paint Pot in Blackground - very sheer. I do give it credit for being creamy and blendable (at least for the first couple of layers), and for its longevity. I love using this as shadow - blending immediately with a smudger produces a lovely smokey look.

rated 4 of 5 on 9/10/2007 6:35:00 PM More reviews by capturedbymab

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

LOVE it. I wear it as a liner, I apply it in my crease as a contour with my "night look" and I use it as a crease-proof eyeshadow base for my "performance makeup". I'm on the flag team at my university and our team's color is royal purple. I've hunted for 2 years for a good performance color and I finally found it. This had been a great eyeshadow for performance. It stays through the entire game and doesn't sweat off or crease. I took off one lippie because it does take a few layers of this to achieve the color in the pot. It first turns almost a grey-purple and doesn't really show it's "true" color until 3 layers.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/9/2007 12:33:00 PM More reviews by LittleGnome

Age: 36-43 Skin: Oily, Olive, Warm Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I'm sad to see this has lower reviews than some of the other MAC Fluidlines, because it just works so well for me. This is a beautiful, slightly shimmery wine eggplant color, and it really brings out the green in my eyes. I'm a MAC NC30 with hazel-green eyes, blonde hair. Looks good with almost any eyeshadow color on me. Fluidlines are so easy to apply, they last all day, they are highly pigmented, they stay put, and they don't tug or pull on your lids during application. I reach for this one, and Blitz and Glitz the most out of my other Fluidlines. Will definitely repurchase, but I would all of them.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 8/31/2007 12:04:00 PM More reviews by msdi2u

Of all my Fluidlines, this one is my least used and least favorite... for many reasons. It is such a deceiving color in the little jar- a gorgeous, shimmery, reddish plum. But on my eyes? Next to invisible! Blah! I can hardly see it! When I go over it with my brush, it just makes it worse for some reason. For a Fluidline, I also find Macroviolet to be drier or more crumbly than my other Fluidlines. I agree w/ the reviewer before me who mentioned that L'Oreal HIP creme liner in Eggplant gives you more bang for your buck. Eggplant is a deep plum with shimmer, nicely pigmented, applies easily, long-lasting liner, and much cheaper! Not dry or crumbly, either. If you like plum liner that LOOKS plum... skip the Macroviolet and go with the HIP Eggplant.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 8/30/2007 7:25:00 PM More reviews by ryden_gorey

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I thought this shimmery dusty purple was awesome when I first got it, but L'Oreal's HIP cream eyeliner is cheaper and far superior (and it comes with a slanted brush)! It looks like a deep purple in the pot, but is more of a dusty purple. It takes a somewhat thick coat to match the color in the pot.

MAC's macrovilet works pretty well if you apply it with your fingers to your lid as an eyeshadow and stays put pretty well. But in my experience, it's hard to apply with a brush. It takes several tries to apply it evenly for me since a little liner wipes away every time I go back over it with the brush, which I have to do to get a dark enough color.

I'll stick to HIP unless I want some of the wilder colors MAC carries that HIP does not.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 8/15/2007 10:24:00 PM More reviews by mljohnson123

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Dark, Cool Hair: Black, Kinky, Coarse Eyes: Brown

Using gel liners exclusively now. My favorites are L'Oreal HIP Color Truth and MAC Fluidlines. Macroviolet shows up on me as a deep redtoned plum. Some where between dark purple and a blackened wine. Goes well with my Black Opal 'Midnight Mauve' e/s quad. I find myself using L'Oreal HIP Color Truth in Eggplant more often than Macroviolet. I prefer Eggplant's color and smoother texture. (DDD NW45 or HIP818) continued >>

rated 4 of 5 on 8/13/2007 11:45:00 PM More reviews by katisha

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I'm cheating on my Stila Smudgepots with MAC Fluidlines. It's proving to be quite an affair, with Macroviolet being the latest I've succumbed to. A rich deep red-based purple with pinky shimmer, it is smoother than a baby seal and silkier than your favourite silk slip.
Colour-wise, this has a charcoal-ish base which becomes more evident on me after a few hours, a little weird but the purple holds ok too.
Staying power is unbelievably good, I'd seriously have to scrape my eyelid with a rusty shovel for it to budge.
A part of me says I should have bought Jadeye as intended (this was selected on a whim) but I think I like it. :)

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 7/31/2007 3:13:00 PM More reviews by iriss

Fluidlines are my fave e/l's so far. They're easy to apply and their lasting power is incredible. Macroviolet is shimmery dark violet color but imo the texture is different than other f/l's. This one is not smooth like others and i've to apply over and over to see a dark violet shade(like it's not pigmented well like others). But it still is beautiful:) Anyways i don't think i'll repurchase.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 7/29/2007 12:13:00 PM More reviews by westside

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Neutral Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Brown

Love the fluidlines, but macroviolet is like having no liner on for me. It does not give me the same punch like the other shades. It's actually a very bland and flat purple-violet liner. Unlike my other fluidlines, I got one that was very smooshy and wet and did not stay on well. When I discovered Loreal hip's new cream liner in eggplant, I ended up returning macroviolent. Eggplant is a gorgeous bold purple with great pearls!