Clinique Lash Power Mascara

3.9

water - acrylates copolymer - kaolin - silica - beeswax - butylene glycol - peg-15 glycerl stearate - carnauba wax - alcohol denat. - hydrogenated rapeseed oil - polyvinyl alcohol - bentonite - tocopherol - jojoba seed oil - dimethicone - simethicone - stearic acid - sucrose distearate - aminomethyl propanediol - aminoethyl propanediol - sodium citrate - disodium edta - phenoxyethanol - methylparaben - ethylparaben - propylparaben - butylparaben - [ /- mica - iron oxides (ci 77491, 77492, 77499) - titanium dioxide (ci 77891) - ultramarines (ci 77007) - blue lake 1 (ci 42090) - bismuth oxychloride (ci 77163) - carmine (ci 75470) - chromium hydroxide green (ci 77289) - chromium oxide greens (ci 77288) - yellow 5 lake (ci 19140) - manganese violet (ci 77742).

on 2/12/2012 11:41:00 AM

This is my go-to mascara of all time. To be honest, it is not that lengthening or volumizing. It literally just blackens your lashes and make them look big. However what i like about this mascara is its unique formulation, IT DOESN'T SMUDGE!!!! ok, some people don't like it because it has to be removed by warm water, instead of regular makeup remover. But it is not that difficult at all. What i do is I let it on until finishing shower, as the hot steam has already made it softer, I just need to wipe it off with a damp cotton pad.

I got this in the baby travel size from Sasa (but i don't think it is available at their online shop) It only costs me $22 in Hong Kong dollar for a tube (less than US$3), which will last more than 2 months. As mascara will expire every 6 months, I can't think of any reason that I should go for the regular size.

btw, i quit using eye and lip makeup remover long time ago. Don't you guys feel they are too harsh on your eyes? If they remove super-water-resistant mascara and eyeliner without a fuss, I can't imagine what kind of "chemicals" or "detergents" are in that bottle and what they would do to the eye area.

on 1/31/2012 11:03:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine

Disappointed because I adore the quality of Clinique and mostly everything I've tried has worked exceptionally well for me. I was hoping this mascara would look as good but last longer than Clinique "High Impact" mascara. While it does stay on a little longer... there are things about this mascara I don't like.... it clumps, it makes my top lashes pin straight and brittle, and it flakes off. So for now I'll stick with HIgh Impact for top lashes and will make use of Lash Power for the lower lashes as the thin brush works well in finding teeny tiny lashes out of hiding.

on 1/25/2012 5:55:00 AM

the only thing that I mind is that it's not waterproof, everything else is perfect

on 1/25/2012 5:48:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium

Wow! I decided to give Clinique Lash Power a try, and it does exactly what I want from a mascara, in this specific order:

1) Stays put the whole day. No rubbing or smudging.
2) Lenghtens and separates lashes beautifully. No clumping.
3) Is easily removed with just warm water and does not cause irritation.

It creates a natural look, not big fat dramatic lashes, and is therefore perfect for everyday wear. (To get the picture, it gives more definition than Clinique Naturally Glossy - without the rubbing - but less than Estée Lauder DoubleWear - without the clumping).

I think I have found a new love...

on 1/23/2012 5:04:00 PM

A very good long-wearing and lengthening mascara with decent curl hold on my spare, straight, short Asian lashes. I am very pleased with it! The wand is very small and thin which is perfect for my weensy lashes. I curl lashes, apply 3 coats, do the rest of my face while it dries then I hit my lashes with a curler again with a very light squeeze and a curl is set for 8 hours. No smearing or smudging after a full work day. This formula isn't volumizing, but I prefer length and curl. This might be my new HG! Also WAYYY easier to remove than my longstanding Sana waterproof curl mascara. So happy I tried this!

on 1/1/2012 11:34:00 PM

This mascara is great! With my deep set eyes, most mascaras run like crazy on me after a few hours. Nothing is more annoying to me than having a perfect face of makeup ruined by raccoon eyes, so I've been on the hunt for long lasting mascaras that also enhance my lashes. I naturally have long, thick lashes and this mascara does a great job of making them longer and thicker without any clumping. The small wand is a bonus because you can pretty much reach every lash with out. After a long day at school or work, my mascara manages not to budge.

on 12/29/2011 3:37:00 PM

This is the mascara of my dreams! I have very fine, long lashes, and I love mascaras that enhance those particular qualities. Think "doe eyed"; delicate, long, and defined, not thick, clumpy, or unnatural. The fact that its smudge proof and fairly easy to remove is a huge bonus, since I have a bad habit of rubbing my eyes and I don't like to use heavy duty makeup removers.

ETA: When I first wore this to work, the very second my co-worker saw me she exclaimed "You have a new mascara!!!". Yeah, it's good.

on 12/19/2011 7:33:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Black, Relaxed, Medium

A tubular mascara that forms polymer wraps around each lash. The formula is rather thick and wet. I feel that this mascara does not work well for Asian lashes that point straight down. It works better for thicker and fuller lashes.

Pros:
-very smudgeproof
-water-resistant
-rather black in colour, which is good for darkening lashes and subtly defining eyes

Cons:
-a MESS to remove (it comes off in little bits, EWW)
-lashes becomes limp after a couple of hours
-have to remove a lot of excess mascara on tissue for this to work (Maybelline One-By-One WP does not require me to do this step)
-pricey and does not work (seems to be the case for Clinique products--all hype and no quality to me as their products falls terribly short of my expectations time and time again)

Back to my HG mascara. Using this till my HG arrives.

on 11/25/2011 12:13:00 AM

I bought this because I wanted to try a 'tubing' / fibre mascara, and beauty editor Zoe Foster recommended it. This mascara honestly never smudges, even if you get caught in the rain or shed a tear or two! But, better than waterproof mascara, it comes off really easily with *warm* water. Fantastic. The only tiny drawback is that you have to apply carefully to avoid clumps. I find that the best way is to just apply one very light brushstroke - don't go back over your lashes at all. Also try not to load too much mascara on the brush, wipe it briefly against the top of tube if you need. It also does lengthen the lashes really well. And is a pretty great price compared to other fibre mascaras out there.

on 11/23/2011 3:13:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

I read a review on this and thought I would give it a go, unfortunately I found it at a department store charging nearly $50 for it....but anyway, I thought I should try something not cheap.
Unfortunately, I really don't think this is for me. I have quite long lashes already, but very fine ones. So this just clumped everything together into like 3 or 4 giant super lashes. Occasionally this has happened before with regular $20 mascara, but usually I can add a few drops of water into the bottle and dilute it a bit and its fine. The problem with the Clinique formula is that its already quite liquidy in the bottle, so I don't really dare to add anything to it.
Because its so liquidy and sticky, I have to scrape off a lot of whaht is on the wand, which wastes it as it is so expensive. Or I have to put it on and then brush out the large clumps, which also wastes it. Not really keen on buying it again with the price and lacklustre results.
Not reccommended if you:
- have long lashes
- have finer lashes
- prefer a more subtle, natural look
- don't have a lot of time to spend on doing makeup
- want something cheap