Estee Lauder Idealist Pore Minimizing Skin Refinisher

3.5

Water, Cyclopentasiloxane, Dimethicone, Polysilicone-11, Acetyl Glucosamine, Sodium Lactobionate, Morus Nigra (Mulberry) Root Extract, Yeast Extract, Serenoa Serrulata (Saw Palmetto) Fruit Extract, Triticum Vulgare (Wheat) Germ Extract, Vitis Vinifera (Grape) Fruit Extract, Scutellaria Baicalensis Extract, Castanea Sativa (Chestnut) Seed Extract, Camellia Sinensis (Green Tea) Leaf Extract, Hordeum Vulgare (Barley), Lavandula Angustifolia (Lavender), Amorphophallus Konjac Root Powder, Caffeine, Laminaria Saccharina Extract, Tocopheryl Acetate, Salvia Sclarea (Clary) Extract, Sodium Hyaluronate, Coriandrum Sativum (Coriander), Citrus Grandis (Grapefruit California), Cholesterol, Glycerin, Ethylhexylglycerin, Squalane, Polyethylene, Isopentyldiol, Phenyl Trimethicone, Isohexadecane, Polysorbate 20, Pantethine, Methyldihydrojasmonate, Acrylamide/Sodium Acryloyldimethyltaurate Copolymer, Ammonium Acryloyldimethyltaurate/Vp Copolymer, Polysorbate 80, Peg-8, Ethyl 2,2-Dimethylhydrocinnamal, Phospholipids, Palmitoyl Oligopeptide, Butylene Glycol, Magnesium Ascorbyl Phosphate, Glyceryl Polymethacrylate, Sodium Glycyrrhetinate, Nordihydroguaiaretic Acid, Chlorphenesin, Phenoxyethanol, Limonene, Linalool, Iron Oxides, Mica, Titanium Dioxide.

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse

This stuff is great. I bought it after trying a sample. The stuff was amazing I just tried cuz I had a sample I never even heard of before then. My skin felt so amazing after using it that I had to run out and buy a bottle when my sample ran out. I felt like I needed it in my life and now I feel like I couldn't live without it. I don't have big pores to begin with so I don't know if that work, but my skin is soo amazigly soft after I use it and I need less moisturizer after I use it. It also has bee calming down the redness in my cheeks (which is nothing crazy). It smells really refreshing and energizing so its nice to put on a freshly cleansed face first thing in the morning

on 2/21/2011 4:28:00 PM

I have been using this product for about two weeks in conjunction with other Estee Lauder facial regimen products and I have to say that my pores are definitely smaller and less noticeable. I have HUGE pores and this has changed their size dramatically. I was also so self-conscious about my pore size and now I feel better about my face. This is NOT a moisturizer, this is NOT a primer, and this is NOT a makeup remover. It is a pore minimizing skin refinisher, and that is what this product does. You can only expect the product to be capable of doing what is advertised on the packaging. You still need to cleanse, hydrate, and exfoliate your skin honeys. Great product, I see results, and recommend it if you have normal/combination skin. I paid $80 for my 1.7 OZ. bottle and don't have any expectations for the product to do anything other than what it was advertised to do.

on 2/21/2011 3:45:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm

This product is misleading a lot of people.

First, Estee Lauder claim it could minimizing skin-pores. Well, it doesn't shrink your pores, its more like a pore filler, you wear it during the day time under your moisturizer or foundation! It will make sense if they promote this product as a makeup "Primer" instead of "Serum or Skin Refinisher", Your pores will NOT reduce after you wash your face at night time. If you have large skin pores, the real solution is to do clinical treatments. Department store cosmetics won't noticeably help out much. *I guess I was hoping for a cheap miracle!*

If you have dry skin, I'd suggest you to totally stay away from this product, the ingredient aren't good for drier skin. If you want to use it as make-up primer, this will make your foundation look very dry. When I first use this product, it was spring-summer time, but I already noticed the drying effect and eventually broke out my skin.

For people who expect a "Permanent" Pore Reducing result you would be disappoint it. Don't waste money on it unless you have combination/oily skin and want to use it as a make-up primer! EL make wonderful Advance Night Repair serum, and I'm always recommend it to my friends and sibling. But for this Idealist serum, sadly, I will not recommend or repurchase!

on 2/19/2011 5:51:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Olive, Warm

Hair: Black, Curly, Medium

It did make my skin matte and soft but I definitely wouldn't buy this again. I have found better, cheaper products which can do the same thing. It smells sooo nice!

on 2/14/2011 1:23:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm

This has become an HG product for me!!! I have been having problems with foundation sinking into my pores, mostly around the nose & cheeknbone area so I have been trying different primers & foundations of all price ranges and then and MUA at an Estee Lauder counter suggested I try this product. OMG!!! This product is AMAZING! Now all my foundations look great and give me an airbrushed looked and my skin glows. It glides on and leaves my skin silky and smooth. It absorbs quickly and the pump is super easy to control (although I usually use one full pump anyway). I use it right before my moisturizer and after any serums I'm using. I LOVE this product and don't ever want to be without it!

on 2/13/2011 11:30:00 AM

i have a really big large pores problem for years. and my skin is very very sensitive, i have kind of rednesses espacially on my cheeks. i mean, i had. i've tried a million different products, also medicines,pills which are very effective. but nothing gave me a noticable change on my face, except this one. redness is almost gone, pores are getting smaller. many years later, i can just put some powder on my face and go out, without any foundation. my skin is oily so after that i dont use a moisturiser, it already makes my skin so soft and smooth.
yes, it is expensive but ask your seller to give some testers. there are 7 ml. tester of it and the woman who sold me that product, gave 2 testers, i paid for 30 ml. and also take 14 ml. for free. i will absolutely use another skin products from estee lauder.

on 2/10/2011 12:48:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Olive, Warm

Hair: Black, Relaxed, Medium

I love this product however.. its far too expensive.
I got this as a sample & tbh its pretty awesome (bar the price).
I actually got this a couple of years back but hated it as first because I felt it didn't minimize my pores. After recently reading reviews on how to apply it, I tried it again and it worked fab! The trick is not to wear it alone, but to wear it underneath moisturiser and/or foundation (as many reviewers have already said)
+Definately made my pores look smaller (first time ever) & there was certainly a reduction in my oily skin (again, first time ever)
- Price is ridiculous though, so won't be repurchasing.

on 2/6/2011 5:42:00 PM

This product was 1st recommended to me when I was 19 and I've recently re-discovered it. I don't have enlarged pores but my skin tone can get a bit uneven and I get small pimples if I don't use right products.

I've started using Idealist about 1 months ago. I helped to me to get rid of the breakout and make my skin more even. I use it after cleasing (and sometimes toning) but before moisturiser. My skin feels instanly velvety smooth to touch. ATM I'm using it with Hydrationist moisturiser and they work really well with each other.

It can be quite pricey in retail stores(it around $99 for 30 ml in Australia) but I manages to pick it up from major online cosmetics store for $46.50. It is going to last me for a while and you only need a small amount. So at the end of the day its not a huge price to pay for a beautiful skin

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I've got half full bottle in my fridge and haven't used it for a while now. Why? Because pure aloe vera juice keeps my pores invisible (while having other notable benefits), Guerlain's Midnight Secret makes me look like I sleep 100 years a night and La Prairie's line filler works wonders as a primer. Maybe the Idealist is the right product for some of you but I really can do without it. PS: This site says the night repair "version" has been discontinued. Since I can still get it here in Europe, I'll buy that one instead and shove it into the fridge for when I'm out of the MS. It will be interesting to compare the two.

on 1/31/2011 6:05:00 PM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Neutral

Absolutely 0 result. AND So expensive!!! Will not buy again for sure!

Popular Treatments (Face)