April 17, 2014 | 1893 users online

Treatments - Estee Lauder - Idealist Pore Minimizing Skin Refinisher

rated 5 of 5 on 1/20/2011 7:08:00 PM More reviews by addictedreader

Age: Unknown Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Love this stuff. Makes my skin look younger, feel smoother. Fewer breakouts, better oil balance. Look healthier. Makes makeup go on much more smoothly & stay on better.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/8/2011 6:31:00 AM More reviews by teago

Would I buy this again? Yes! Is it worth the money? Hell no but there are sites to buy it cheaper or buy it when EL are in gift.

Ive noticed my pores are much much more refined on my nose then ever before. You can not do anything to shrink pores...nada nothing, many dermatoligists will tell you that. What you can do to help with their appearance is keep them clog free and use serums, such as Idealist, to refine their appearance. You could be thinking yeah yeah its the silicones but even when I wash my face of a night (I use this in AM not PM) my pores look much better than they ever have with any other, much harsher, BHA treatment.
I have tried to use high silicon content primers (smashbox, modelco) but my skin can not handle them, and this it can.

Ive had a 7ml sample last me over a month. I can imagine if I spend $100 AUD on 30ml it will last me at least 6 months.

rated 1 of 5 on 1/2/2011 4:54:00 PM More reviews by Tinka84

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

I received a deluxe sample of this product and bc of its cute coloured bottle and delicious scent (sweet lemon bubblegum-ish..ehh?) I was eager to give it a try. I must say that pores have never been much of an issue for me, but upon closer inspection I DID notice larger pores on my cheeks. So...now that I "created" a problem, I at least had an excuse to try its possible solution.

Unfortunately, this product did absolutely nothing to minimize my pores. The only thing I can come up with is that it provides your skin with a (silicon) layer so that your foundation goes on smoother and your pores therefore appear less noticeable. I'm afraid I can only give this one lippie - for its nice scent - and am glad I didn't spend money on this, for I would feel terribly dissapointed.

If you'd like to make your pores less noticeable I guess I would suggest giving MAC's transparent finishing powder a try. Wear it on top of your foundation or just on bare skin. It optically reduces your pores and helps control oil as well.

rated 3 of 5 on 12/30/2010 4:22:00 AM More reviews by tangerinna

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm Hair: Blond, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Black

I've been using this for about 3 months thanks to a lovely girl at my local makeup boutique who gave me a fist-full of sample bottles.

Honestly, as a treatment for pores, it does practically nothing. BUT, I do like it as a light moisturizer under makeup and my skin looks fresh if I use this alone. The scent is nice and it provides nice slip when I apply foundation directly over it, but that's about it.

It's obscenely expensive (and I'm a high end kinda gal!) for what it does, although you honestly do get a TON of product for the money. A little goes a very long way... but to me, it's not worth it for what it does or doesn't do. The applicator, on the other hand is nice. It's just a long plastic stick that some of the cream will stick to. No pumps or droppers or anything that will waste product.

edited to add: Sephora had a 30% off sale on skin care so I picked up Advanced Night Repair - Synchronized Recovery Complex based on the overwhelmingly positive reviews on this site and the sales girl SWORE that the Idealist Pore Minimizing was the ABSOLUTE PERFECT COMPANION PRODUCT, despite my protests.

Well, I've been using the Night Repair at night and the Idealist Pore Minimizing in the morning (after washing my face, but well-before applying primer so it has a chance to sink in whilst I drink my coffee) and I have been getting compliments left, right and sideways from not only my husband (bless this man!), but co-workers asking what I'm doing because I look so glowy.

Honestly, I think it's much more to do with the Night Repair, but if Sephora keeps having the 30% off sale every few months like they have been, I may stick with this regimine!

rated 4 of 5 on 12/29/2010 4:23:00 AM More reviews by brwnalmondeyes

I was skeptical about purchasing this for about $50 for a little bottle but when I had some extra cash, I went for it. I have large pores on the cheek area and on my forehead which I hate. I used this product but didn't notice any reasults until about the 3rd week. My pores seem to be less visible...not by much but I can deff tell the difference. A little goes a long way but even at $50 is too much... I did notice that once I ran out and stopped using it, my pores went back to where I started. I guess you have to use this continuously. I will repurchase and I do recmmend it. ( please don't expect a big miracle and don't expect pores to dissapear completely but for ppl who suffer and are embarrassed by large pores... Even a little difference makes the greatest difference)

rated 3 of 5 on 12/28/2010 9:57:00 AM More reviews by selfishfrick

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I got a fee sample of this after purchasing Double Wear Stay in Place foundation.
It glides on very smoothly, a little a lemony scent.
The skin feels silky at first and very pleasant to touch. I have not expected this product to do anything to my pores, texture or oil control. And indeed, it really it hasn't done anything.
I could say that I can use this on my cheeks only.
My T-zone gets shiny much easier with this on than with a regular moisturizer.
The silky feeling disappears in like 2 hours for me and I feel my skin is greasy which I hate.
the pore size stays the same. luckily I don't have very large pores.
It's great for the cheeks but my moisturizer does make a good job so I don't need a special product just for the cheeks. glad that I haven't bought this in full size; it's pricey and useless.
it's disappointing that it does not control the oil. I think it would be great for dry skin and can be used instead of a moisturizer.
The salesperson aka make up artist who applied EL foundation on my face when I was making a choice on which color matches me the best, applied Idealist on my left cheek so that I could compare... I did not notice anything.

rated 1 of 5 on 12/19/2010 5:01:00 AM More reviews by Spookz

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

I have used EVERY pore minimizer in the market for YEARS! I have very large visible pores on my cheeks and trust me when i say this honestly does NOTHING to the pores.. Aside from the nice scent and light texture.. It really isn't anything you need to spend your money on..

Making sure you cleanse your pores well is the best thing you can do for them.. and I have recently purchased the POREfessional from benefit which isn't a treatment.. But it just minimizes the appearance of pores when you apply your makeup on top.. And that works well.. But like I said, it's not a treatment.. just a makeup item...

Try using clay masks and natural remedies for the pores

Peace

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 12/14/2010 10:43:00 PM More reviews by dioraddict84

I was a fan of the original Idealist, so I'm always a bit skeptical when a cosmetics company reformulates a great product. It doesn't always mean that it is an improvement, though they always make it sound better. I have to say I am pleased with this new version of Idealist. There is no such thing as "pore minimizing" other than making them APPEAR to look smaller...nothing will ever shrink or change the size of your pores. What I did notice was a light pleasant scent, and it made my skin look more matte, healthy, even. After time my acne scars diminished by quite a bit! It takes time though...keep in mind your skin changes every 28 days so there is no such thing as a miracle product that works right away. But you do see a noticeable difference right away, but not dramatic.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/4/2010 4:20:00 PM More reviews by CarlaElena

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

This product is simply GREAT! People complaining about it are just not using it the right way.... This should be applied BEFORE mosturizer, it evens the skin, reduces pores and i feel it helps a little with the makeup application. This is one of my essentials for my everyday routine. Yes it is pricey but it is worth every penny, I usually wait for specials on the estee lauder site.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/2/2010 11:21:00 PM More reviews by KatieB1986

I LOVE this product!!! I love how silky it feels and how well it absorbs into my skin. I think after reading a lot of other reviews, most people are simply using the product incorrectly. This is in no way a 'primer' for makeup. It's a skincare treatment that you apply under your moisturizer. It doesn't hydrate your skin either, that's what a moisturizer is for. I have been using it every morning for 3 months with the day wear plus moisturizer and have found that my skin tone is more even and my skin is much softer. I like that it encourages the skin's natural exfoliation process rather then using abrasive scrubs. My skins texture is much smoother. I had red bumpy patches on the bottom half of my cheek and they're much less noticeable. I love this product and think more people would benefit by using it for what it's intended for.