December 19, 2014 | 1581 users online

Treatments (Face) - Estee Lauder - Idealist Pore Minimizing Skin Refinisher

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/6/2011 5:42:00 PM More reviews by katushka37

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

This product was 1st recommended to me when I was 19 and I've recently re-discovered it. I don't have enlarged pores but my skin tone can get a bit uneven and I get small pimples if I don't use right products.

I've started using Idealist about 1 months ago. I helped to me to get rid of the breakout and make my skin more even. I use it after cleasing (and sometimes toning) but before moisturiser. My skin feels instanly velvety smooth to touch. ATM I'm using it with Hydrationist moisturiser and they work really well with each other.

It can be quite pricey in retail stores(it around $99 for 30 ml in Australia) but I manages to pick it up from major online cosmetics store for $46.50. It is going to last me for a while and you only need a small amount. So at the end of the day its not a huge price to pay for a beautiful skin

rated 3 of 5 on 2/1/2011 4:49:00 PM More reviews by amorverdadero

I've got half full bottle in my fridge and haven't used it for a while now. Why? Because pure aloe vera juice keeps my pores invisible (while having other notable benefits), Guerlain's Midnight Secret makes me look like I sleep 100 years a night and La Prairie's line filler works wonders as a primer. Maybe the Idealist is the right product for some of you but I really can do without it. PS: This site says the night repair "version" has been discontinued. Since I can still get it here in Europe, I'll buy that one instead and shove it into the fridge for when I'm out of the MS. It will be interesting to compare the two.

rated 2 of 5 on 1/31/2011 6:05:00 PM More reviews by enotkatya1

Age: 30-35 Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

Absolutely 0 result. AND So expensive!!! Will not buy again for sure!

rated 4 of 5 on 1/30/2011 7:00:00 PM More reviews by LHaley

I use this product as a primer during the day and part of my nightly skin care routine. First off, the smell is phenomenal! I really love it, it's light and fresh and seems to tone down some of that "cakey" smell most make-up products have. During the day I put HALF a pump on after my moisturizer, I make sure to let my moisturizer soak in for a good 5 minutes before doing this. Otherwise I feel like it is just too much product. At night I use this as directed on the bottle and have found a considerable difference in the size of my pores in my T-zone.

rated 1 of 5 on 1/27/2011 6:53:00 AM More reviews by cathyalexis

Bought this around a year ago....kept using it for 6 months and nothing really changed. I have oily skin with some minor acne so I was counting on the gentle exfoliation claim but honestly my regular exfoliator works just fine on its own. Also didn't notice any difference in my pore size although my pores and not huge in the first place but not tiny either.
I applied it first, then used moisturiser for combination skin and then my foundation (YSL foundation long lasting matte).I always made sure the products have time to sink in before applying the next one. Here comes the worst part- it actually made my foundation flake off my face unless applied very very painstainkingly and carefully.
Half of it is staying on my sink probably never to be used again. Waste if money.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/20/2011 7:08:00 PM More reviews by addictedreader

Age: Unknown Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Love this stuff. Makes my skin look younger, feel smoother. Fewer breakouts, better oil balance. Look healthier. Makes makeup go on much more smoothly & stay on better.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/8/2011 6:31:00 AM More reviews by teago

Would I buy this again? Yes! Is it worth the money? Hell no but there are sites to buy it cheaper or buy it when EL are in gift.

Ive noticed my pores are much much more refined on my nose then ever before. You can not do anything to shrink pores...nada nothing, many dermatoligists will tell you that. What you can do to help with their appearance is keep them clog free and use serums, such as Idealist, to refine their appearance. You could be thinking yeah yeah its the silicones but even when I wash my face of a night (I use this in AM not PM) my pores look much better than they ever have with any other, much harsher, BHA treatment.
I have tried to use high silicon content primers (smashbox, modelco) but my skin can not handle them, and this it can.

Ive had a 7ml sample last me over a month. I can imagine if I spend $100 AUD on 30ml it will last me at least 6 months.

rated 1 of 5 on 1/2/2011 4:54:00 PM More reviews by Tinka84

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

I received a deluxe sample of this product and bc of its cute coloured bottle and delicious scent (sweet lemon bubblegum-ish..ehh?) I was eager to give it a try. I must say that pores have never been much of an issue for me, but upon closer inspection I DID notice larger pores on my cheeks. So...now that I "created" a problem, I at least had an excuse to try its possible solution.

Unfortunately, this product did absolutely nothing to minimize my pores. The only thing I can come up with is that it provides your skin with a (silicon) layer so that your foundation goes on smoother and your pores therefore appear less noticeable. I'm afraid I can only give this one lippie - for its nice scent - and am glad I didn't spend money on this, for I would feel terribly dissapointed.

If you'd like to make your pores less noticeable I guess I would suggest giving MAC's transparent finishing powder a try. Wear it on top of your foundation or just on bare skin. It optically reduces your pores and helps control oil as well.

rated 3 of 5 on 12/30/2010 4:22:00 AM More reviews by tangerinna

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm Hair: Blond, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Black

I've been using this for about 3 months thanks to a lovely girl at my local makeup boutique who gave me a fist-full of sample bottles.

Honestly, as a treatment for pores, it does practically nothing. BUT, I do like it as a light moisturizer under makeup and my skin looks fresh if I use this alone. The scent is nice and it provides nice slip when I apply foundation directly over it, but that's about it.

It's obscenely expensive (and I'm a high end kinda gal!) for what it does, although you honestly do get a TON of product for the money. A little goes a very long way... but to me, it's not worth it for what it does or doesn't do. The applicator, on the other hand is nice. It's just a long plastic stick that some of the cream will stick to. No pumps or droppers or anything that will waste product.

edited to add: Sephora had a 30% off sale on skin care so I picked up Advanced Night Repair - Synchronized Recovery Complex based on the overwhelmingly positive reviews on this site and the sales girl SWORE that the Idealist Pore Minimizing was the ABSOLUTE PERFECT COMPANION PRODUCT, despite my protests.

Well, I've been using the Night Repair at night and the Idealist Pore Minimizing in the morning (after washing my face, but well-before applying primer so it has a chance to sink in whilst I drink my coffee) and I have been getting compliments left, right and sideways from not only my husband (bless this man!), but co-workers asking what I'm doing because I look so glowy.

Honestly, I think it's much more to do with the Night Repair, but if Sephora keeps having the 30% off sale every few months like they have been, I may stick with this regimine!

rated 4 of 5 on 12/29/2010 4:23:00 AM More reviews by brwnalmondeyes

I was skeptical about purchasing this for about $50 for a little bottle but when I had some extra cash, I went for it. I have large pores on the cheek area and on my forehead which I hate. I used this product but didn't notice any reasults until about the 3rd week. My pores seem to be less visible...not by much but I can deff tell the difference. A little goes a long way but even at $50 is too much... I did notice that once I ran out and stopped using it, my pores went back to where I started. I guess you have to use this continuously. I will repurchase and I do recmmend it. ( please don't expect a big miracle and don't expect pores to dissapear completely but for ppl who suffer and are embarrassed by large pores... Even a little difference makes the greatest difference)