December 20, 2014 | 1687 users online

Lip Treatments - C.O. Bigelow - Rose Salve

rated 4 of 5 on 4/24/2011 2:14:00 AM More reviews by jguylian

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Red, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I absolutely loved this product. I have dry lips, and I've made it my nightly routine to put it on every night. The smell is a light, gorgeous rose, and it's soothing as you fall asleep.

I also use this product to condition my cuticles and for dry patches on my face.

The tin is gorgeous and so vintage looking, but my only problem is that I have arthritis in my hands and opening it can be somewhat frustrating.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/21/2011 9:30:00 AM More reviews by victoriasinger

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

best.lipbalm.ever.

END OF STORY!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/20/2011 11:47:00 AM More reviews by mylychee

This product can hold on its own versus the Rose bud lip salve balm. I love both but this one has more silky feel to it while Rose bud is more sheer.
I like the scent on this product a bit more and the tin can seems easier to open than Rose bud. The price is basically the same around $5.50 vs. $6.
This seems to be more versatile.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/20/2011 11:40:00 AM More reviews by dela_cerna

My go to purse lip balm. I like that it has the ideal amount of scent that doesn't linger and affect any food or drink taste. It smells faintly of roses, but also pretty sweet, but not artificial. I love that it's super versatile too! I use it on my cuticles, and even as a balm for my hands in the winter (bonus: after moisturizing my hands, I usually run it through the tips of my hair to give it shine and it makes my hair smell faintly of roses!). When I forget my purse perfume, I sometimes dab this on my neck and wrists. Love that this keeps my purse bulk down. Desert island item, for sure!

rated 2 of 5 on 4/19/2011 7:36:00 PM More reviews by spicedchaiprincess

Read till the end! : When I got this rose salve, I was in love with it. It seriously moisturizes lips way better than most lip balms that I've tried. I can't stand dehydrated, dry lips so I loved how moisturizing this was and it kept the moisture for a good amount of time as compared to those lip balms that you have to constantly reapply. Sounds like the perfect lip balm/treatment right:? I thought so too UNTIL.. I was reading the ingredient list and it turns out that this product contains a lot of Petrolatum, which is present in other cosmetic products too BUT it is believed to be cancer/breast-cancer causing. I immediately stopped using this product because as it is a lip product, I know it enters my mouth everytime I use it and therefore can cause direct harm to my body.Just to be safe, I wouldnt recommend this product. If you want a great lip balm that delivers the same moisturization, with a nicer scent, and much more convenient packaging, try C.O Bigelow's Mentha Lip Balm SPF 15.. Its the best and you wont have to worry about the scary ingredient!

rated 5 of 5 on 4/9/2011 11:00:00 PM More reviews by lizzychu

Love this stuff. I like Smith's Rosebud Salve more, but this stuff is much more accessible to me so I usually buy it. I lovelovelove the sweet rose scent, sometimes I use it just for the smell! Really though, I love using this at night (or any time I need a dose of mega hydration), it keeps my lips moisturized and I never wake up with them chapped or cracked like I have before in the dry winter months. I also really like putting this stuff on my cuticles, it's like the only thing that softens them and helps heal them when they are looking ragged, and believe me I've tried tons of things. I stock up on these when they have a buy 2 get 1 sale (or any other sale) and keep one in my purse, one on my night stand, and one as a back up.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/10/2011 9:17:00 AM More reviews by leyla625

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I love this stuff! The balm comes in a really pretty little tin that I may keep for tiny trinkets when I'm done using it. The consistancy is wonderful, really thick and creamy and it feels fabulous on my lips! I almost expected the taste to be bitter and linger but it's actually very light and nice. It gives my lips a rosy sort of glow, not too much of a color so to speak (reminds me of my fav all time color gloss V.S. I Want Candy) I am a hairstylist so all year my hands are in and out of water/chemicals and every winter I get cracks on my fingers. I've been using this during the day and evening and it's working wonderfully. Great buy!

rated 4 of 5 on 2/9/2011 11:39:00 PM More reviews by jamilakarla

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

Just bought this... FINALLY!! I've always been meaning to buy it and when I finally did boy was I a happy girl lol. It keeps my lips so soft and supple! The lids Lind of hard to get off sometimes though. But other than that.. Love it!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 2/6/2011 11:51:00 AM More reviews by lovecoma

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Blue

I really enjoy this. Its pretty moisturizing and smells wonderful. It's also multipurpose as I have put it on dry knuckles before and my elbows. I like that it leaves my lips glossy and slightly colored (I have extremely pale lips, kind of a pink-white color). Would repurchase and I have 2 of these already - 1 at home on my desk, 1 at work on my desk.

rated 4 of 5 on 2/6/2011 2:58:00 AM More reviews by kidamnesiac

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

In my opinion, this stuff is fail as a lip treatment, because it just feels... bad. But apparently, other people really love it. To each their own. That said, I still LOVE this product for my knees and elbows... elbows especially. When they get all dry, flaky and nasty, ONE application will do the trick. I also use it on my cuticles after I do a (very rare) manicure. The fragrance is nice, too. Seriously? Sometimes I just open the tin and smell it. I'm a freak, I know. Anyway, there are probably a billion other things one could use this stuff for... it seems like the Gerber Multitool of the skin-treatment world. And at $5.50 a tin, it's a screamin' deal.