C.O. Bigelow Rose Salve

4.3

Petrolatum, Lanolin oil, squalane, jojoba esters, Rosa Canina Fruit Extract, cotton seed oil, octyldodecanol, bisabolol, red 20 lake (CI 73360).

on 7/16/2011 2:30:00 AM

Hair: Silver, Wavy, Fine

I enjoy using the Rose Salve on my lips -- softens them, eliminating chapping and the rose scent is aromatherapeutic.

The ingredients in this formula aren't cutting edge, as it's an old, tried and true formula. The price is reasonable and a little of the product goes a long way.

on 7/7/2011 1:57:00 AM

I love the smell of this balm. Reminds me of Turkish Delight candies. It's creamy w/o being greasy or waxy. Provides a nice glossy finish. Very moisturizing. The only reason I did not give it 5 stars is because I hate that it's in a jar packaging. I mean the tin is cute, but not practical as I have to dip my fingers in it to apply it to my lips. I would prefer it in a stick or tube packaging. I generally only use this at night or early in the morning so I can apply it after hand washing so as to keep it sanitary, and carry a tube of other balm in my mu bag. I will probably repurchase unless I can find a simillar product in a tube/stick form.

on 6/16/2011 1:41:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I bought this to replace my Smiths Strawberry lipbalm, I totally was thinking that I bought the Smiths Rosebud Salve but apparently it was C.O Bigelow! I bought this at bath & body works since I think that is where I got my strawberry lipbalm...no it was Sephora. Anyways, I love this stuff! Really moisturizes my lips, has a soft and smooth texture and nice flavor. Love the scent too, its not your traditional rose smelling grandma scent but very subtle mixed with a vaseline kind of smell. I use this on my lips before going to bed everynight and will continue to stay on my nightstand.

Oh and to comment one review I saw about this product, petrolatum is regarded safe and has a hazard rating of 1 on ewg.org/cosmeticdatabase site. Look it up, its fine.

Hair: Brunette, Straight, Other

I absolutely love this product! I am taking accutane which is pretty infamous for extremely dry lips but with the help of this product they aren't dry at all. I have been using other lip products but none have worked as well as this one. I will continue to use this product until they no longer sell it and i would recommend it to everyone.

Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure

Awesome product! It's my favorite lipbalm besides Burt's Bee ( a little too minty). It gives me this natural not too shiney but healthy looking lips. It makes my lips super soft and luscious. Oh and you can also use it on different places that's dry besides your lips. One of the best lip balm of all time!

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

just got this today. so far liking it accept the packaging is soo hard to take off

on 4/24/2011 2:14:00 AM

Hair: Red, Straight, Medium

I absolutely loved this product. I have dry lips, and I've made it my nightly routine to put it on every night. The smell is a light, gorgeous rose, and it's soothing as you fall asleep.

I also use this product to condition my cuticles and for dry patches on my face.

The tin is gorgeous and so vintage looking, but my only problem is that I have arthritis in my hands and opening it can be somewhat frustrating.

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

best.lipbalm.ever.

END OF STORY!

on 4/20/2011 11:47:00 AM

This product can hold on its own versus the Rose bud lip salve balm. I love both but this one has more silky feel to it while Rose bud is more sheer.
I like the scent on this product a bit more and the tin can seems easier to open than Rose bud. The price is basically the same around $5.50 vs. $6.
This seems to be more versatile.

on 4/20/2011 11:40:00 AM

My go to purse lip balm. I like that it has the ideal amount of scent that doesn't linger and affect any food or drink taste. It smells faintly of roses, but also pretty sweet, but not artificial. I love that it's super versatile too! I use it on my cuticles, and even as a balm for my hands in the winter (bonus: after moisturizing my hands, I usually run it through the tips of my hair to give it shine and it makes my hair smell faintly of roses!). When I forget my purse perfume, I sometimes dab this on my neck and wrists. Love that this keeps my purse bulk down. Desert island item, for sure!

Popular Lip Treatments