September 20, 2014 | 1485 users online

Lip Treatments - C.O. Bigelow - Rose Salve

rated 5 of 5 on 4/9/2011 11:00:00 PM More reviews by lizzychu

Love this stuff. I like Smith's Rosebud Salve more, but this stuff is much more accessible to me so I usually buy it. I lovelovelove the sweet rose scent, sometimes I use it just for the smell! Really though, I love using this at night (or any time I need a dose of mega hydration), it keeps my lips moisturized and I never wake up with them chapped or cracked like I have before in the dry winter months. I also really like putting this stuff on my cuticles, it's like the only thing that softens them and helps heal them when they are looking ragged, and believe me I've tried tons of things. I stock up on these when they have a buy 2 get 1 sale (or any other sale) and keep one in my purse, one on my night stand, and one as a back up.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/10/2011 9:17:00 AM More reviews by leyla625

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I love this stuff! The balm comes in a really pretty little tin that I may keep for tiny trinkets when I'm done using it. The consistancy is wonderful, really thick and creamy and it feels fabulous on my lips! I almost expected the taste to be bitter and linger but it's actually very light and nice. It gives my lips a rosy sort of glow, not too much of a color so to speak (reminds me of my fav all time color gloss V.S. I Want Candy) I am a hairstylist so all year my hands are in and out of water/chemicals and every winter I get cracks on my fingers. I've been using this during the day and evening and it's working wonderfully. Great buy!

rated 4 of 5 on 2/9/2011 11:39:00 PM More reviews by jamilakarla

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

Just bought this... FINALLY!! I've always been meaning to buy it and when I finally did boy was I a happy girl lol. It keeps my lips so soft and supple! The lids Lind of hard to get off sometimes though. But other than that.. Love it!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 2/6/2011 11:51:00 AM More reviews by lovecoma

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Blue

I really enjoy this. Its pretty moisturizing and smells wonderful. It's also multipurpose as I have put it on dry knuckles before and my elbows. I like that it leaves my lips glossy and slightly colored (I have extremely pale lips, kind of a pink-white color). Would repurchase and I have 2 of these already - 1 at home on my desk, 1 at work on my desk.

rated 4 of 5 on 2/6/2011 2:58:00 AM More reviews by kidamnesiac

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

In my opinion, this stuff is fail as a lip treatment, because it just feels... bad. But apparently, other people really love it. To each their own. That said, I still LOVE this product for my knees and elbows... elbows especially. When they get all dry, flaky and nasty, ONE application will do the trick. I also use it on my cuticles after I do a (very rare) manicure. The fragrance is nice, too. Seriously? Sometimes I just open the tin and smell it. I'm a freak, I know. Anyway, there are probably a billion other things one could use this stuff for... it seems like the Gerber Multitool of the skin-treatment world. And at $5.50 a tin, it's a screamin' deal.

rated 3 of 5 on 1/17/2011 4:57:00 PM More reviews by harmony7

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Dark, Warm Hair: Red, Relaxed, Coarse Eyes: Brown

The balm is a bit too shiny for daily wear to me, so I use this balm at night or when I'm just riding my bike. The smell and consistency are my fav parts about this product. The only thing I dislike is that it's a little hard to open at times. However, I really don't notice a big difference in my lips the next day. It's nothing special and I plan to buy a natural lip balm when I run out, so I won't purchase this again.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/16/2011 9:04:00 PM More reviews by sinercelywhitkay

Overall this product has way more pros than cons. When I think about it the only cons I can come up with is the fact that it comes in tin, which may bother some, but it doesn't bother me so much. Since I only us this personally, I just make sure my fingers are clean. And also the rose smell which some may not like, but then I have to ask...why would you buy this?

Pros:
-smell
-creamy smooth texture
-long lasting
-leaves lips with a soft pink tint (at least in my opinion)
-lips are hydrated & soft
-cheap (compared to higher end products)

I will definitely be buying again and I often recommend to others.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/15/2011 5:39:00 PM More reviews by hjjung

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I wish this came in a tube!!! I really love this rose salve.. Great consistency, great price, great smell, and it's really moisturizing on my lips. It also leaves a healthy pinkish sheen on my lips. I just wish it came in a tube because it's a bit annoying to me to open the jar and having to dip my finger into the jar.. but I will buy this again. great product. :)

rated 5 of 5 on 1/5/2011 1:16:00 AM More reviews by blahbee

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I bought this on a sale at bath& body works cause i ran out of my softlips stuff. I used to swear by softlips because it gave me SOFT LIPS. After using this stuff though, I found that it lasts longer than softlips. I hate that it comes in a little dingy tin. it makes me feel gross applying it to my lips with my fingers.

rated 4 of 5 on 12/31/2010 4:41:00 AM More reviews by aly18bgb

well I found this product to be very interesting. I bought at bath&body works for a good price and loved it also for the packaging. when I tested on I loved how it will last on your lip for a long time and it is smooth and can as a lip gloss. but I have been using on my lips for about 2 weeks now it doesn't seem to moisturize my lips as good as the couple of days I got it but it us good on my cuticles and dry spots on my skin but on the long run it didn't turn out so great on my lips.