Philosophy Amazing Grace cologne

Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure

2 words: Toilet Water.

on 12/6/2008 12:23:00 AM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Not Sure

I like the clean smell of this perfume, however, I get tired of it. I also think it is pricey. My bottle turned after about a year. I thought it should have lasted longer. I have put off replacing it because of the price. I might look for a smaller bottle.

on 12/4/2008 8:43:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

I like fresh, clean, light scents in general (my favourites are L'Eau par Kenzo & Inis Energy of the Sea) so I was really excited to try this on after I received a sample in a swap. Unfortunately this fragrance doesn't live up to the hype. Zero lasting power (thankfully) and the dry-down smells even worse, like a mufty old lady. Yuck. Maybe it's my body chemistry but I wouldn't recommend this fragrance to anyone looking for a nice, clean scent.

on 12/1/2008 10:42:00 AM

I have been using Amazing Grace for almost 2 years now. I love this scent of it. Its a very clean flowery smell. The biggest issue I have with this, is that the scent doesn't seem to last very long.

on 11/21/2008 10:18:00 AM

I have owned the spray cologne for about 5 months, and I loved the scent and the strength at first. Even though I store all of my fragrances in a cool, dry place, my Philosophy scents have all turned quickly. I'm disappointed, since the fragrance is so nice, then turns to a harsh chemical smell. For the price, I don't expect that to happen quite so quickly. Heck, I've still got old Charlie cologne that hasn't turned!

on 11/18/2008 10:12:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm

I wanted to like this...but, it is just okay. It smells like the soap that my grandmother uses. Actually, the soap smells better than Amazing Grace.

on 11/16/2008 12:04:00 AM

I love Amazing Grace! So clean, and so fresh! It's one of my favorite fragrances

A blanket of cashmere is what I would describe this scent. Its so warm and wonderful, very soft and not at all overbearing.

I bought this in 2005. I was at SpaceNK avoiding going to the law library to study and sprayed this on. When I finally headed into the library I was so distracted by the scent. Its a very peacful kind of smell which is a strange way to descibe a smell. What does "Peace" smell like? Well it smells like Amazing Grace. But it lulled me to sleep almost over my case law! When I left the library later that night I went straight to SpaceNK and bought a bottle!

I went through an entire bottle in two months. If you have a boyfriend who doesnt like over the top scents this is defo the one to wear. Its as light as a feather!

I will repurchase this one day!

** I've repurchased this. Love love love you Philosophy! When I don't know what to wear, I spray this. Feminine, great for t-shirt and jeans day. A cashmere blanket and some cocoa by the fire.

It doesn't linger at all, it stays close to the skin so it doesn't offend anyone. Jasmine with musk. I wear this to work. You have to get close to appreciate it. With this perfume you prove that less is more. I will always have a bottle of this in my perfume collection.

on 11/13/2008 3:50:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I have to change my review of this product because it completely lost something for me. I really liked it at first and after about 4 days straight of wearing it, it started to smell terrible to me. Perfume is hard to review because it's so personal and can smell different on different people, but this just did not work for me. It even started giving me a bad headache. Thank goodness for Philosophy and Macy's return policies!

As for staying power, it stays on me for most of the day. I always buy the lotion and the spray perfume. I rub a little bit of lotion on each arm and my hands then spray the perfume on my wrists. It actually has great staying power on me.

So I'm still searching for my perfect light, clean, girlie everyday scent. Clinique Happy Heart is my next try...
continued >>

Possibly my most hated fragrance of all time. Absolutely horrific and yet so omnipresent. Philosophy has people totally suckered.