July 29, 2014 | 2058 users online

Fragrances - Philosophy - Amazing Grace cologne

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 11/18/2008 10:12:00 PM More reviews by Avg_Jane

Age: 44-55 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

I wanted to like this...but, it is just okay. It smells like the soap that my grandmother uses. Actually, the soap smells better than Amazing Grace.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/16/2008 12:04:00 AM More reviews by ishbeth

I love Amazing Grace! So clean, and so fresh! It's one of my favorite fragrances

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/14/2008 7:35:00 PM More reviews by olympialetantoli

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

A blanket of cashmere is what I would describe this scent. Its so warm and wonderful, very soft and not at all overbearing.

I bought this in 2005. I was at SpaceNK avoiding going to the law library to study and sprayed this on. When I finally headed into the library I was so distracted by the scent. Its a very peacful kind of smell which is a strange way to descibe a smell. What does "Peace" smell like? Well it smells like Amazing Grace. But it lulled me to sleep almost over my case law! When I left the library later that night I went straight to SpaceNK and bought a bottle!

I went through an entire bottle in two months. If you have a boyfriend who doesnt like over the top scents this is defo the one to wear. Its as light as a feather!

I will repurchase this one day!

** I've repurchased this. Love love love you Philosophy! When I don't know what to wear, I spray this. Feminine, great for t-shirt and jeans day. A cashmere blanket and some cocoa by the fire.

It doesn't linger at all, it stays close to the skin so it doesn't offend anyone. Jasmine with musk. I wear this to work. You have to get close to appreciate it. With this perfume you prove that less is more. I will always have a bottle of this in my perfume collection.

rated 2 of 5 on 11/13/2008 3:50:00 PM More reviews by bmk4343

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I have to change my review of this product because it completely lost something for me. I really liked it at first and after about 4 days straight of wearing it, it started to smell terrible to me. Perfume is hard to review because it's so personal and can smell different on different people, but this just did not work for me. It even started giving me a bad headache. Thank goodness for Philosophy and Macy's return policies!

As for staying power, it stays on me for most of the day. I always buy the lotion and the spray perfume. I rub a little bit of lotion on each arm and my hands then spray the perfume on my wrists. It actually has great staying power on me.

So I'm still searching for my perfect light, clean, girlie everyday scent. Clinique Happy Heart is my next try...
continued >>

rated 1 of 5 on 11/8/2008 9:21:00 PM More reviews by SayidtheAnkleAssassin

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

Possibly my most hated fragrance of all time. Absolutely horrific and yet so omnipresent. Philosophy has people totally suckered.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 11/1/2008 2:05:00 PM More reviews by zomgblah

Ewwwwww. I bought this because Sephora lists it as a customer favorite, and I regret it. It smells like old lady. Luckily I bought the $16 travel size so I didn't spend too much money on it. The scent only lasts for an hour at most.

rated 3 of 5 on 10/29/2008 7:34:00 PM More reviews by MissingGirl

i like this, its fresh and clean, not soapy or powdery but just right balance of clean kinda like fresh laundry hanging outside with a breeze blowing the scent towards u, does that make sence? It's just lovely!! this is perfect for casual days, or for work., would not offend anyone because its not overpowering, very light!! the price is steep and i wouldnt purchase this myself because it doesnt have staying power! the bottle is nothing special either but i dont mind it. Amazing grace and falling in love are my favorates outta the philisophy line, i'm not crazy about the others tho. rate this a 3.5

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 10/24/2008 9:37:00 PM More reviews by mwebba1

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Oily, Dark, Warm Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Ick! Dries down to a nasty poisonous something. Would not recommend.

rated 4 of 5 on 10/15/2008 1:58:00 AM More reviews by sltj77

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Other Eyes: Brown

This is the first Philosophy scent I have purchased and it was a recommendation from a friend. I was pleasantly surprised by the clean, fresh smell. I tend to lean more toward muskier or woodsy scents, but this is a nice staple to have in your collection for days when you want something light but lasts all day.

I have gotten more compliments on this perfume than I can mention. But in the same breath, most people tend to recognize it so it isn't a very mysterious fragrance.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/14/2008 2:55:00 PM More reviews by theramenninja

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Hazel

This perfume is really unique - i find that most other perfumes and colognes smell the same - and it smells beautiful. I kept smelling whiffs of it for years until finally i smelled it on somebody at a store and i pounced on them and asked what they were wearing. "amazing grace" is clean, fresh, bright, flowery, pretty, and light, etc... it's really unlike many other perfumes that a lot of people wear. its an awesome signature scent.