October 24, 2014 | 1745 users online

Lipstick - Clinique - Almost Lipstick - Black Honey

rated 4 of 5 on 9/27/2012 12:02:00 PM More reviews by PrincessGizmo

I bought this a couple of weeks ago and have been wearing it every single day. It feels so smooth and nice on my lips and does not dry them out, but keeps them moisturized longer than anything I have tried short of chap stick. The color matches my skin perfectly and it is a very subtle nice tint it gives to my lips. This lasts a couple of hours on me if I do not eat anything and I really love that, because usually lighter tint lip products seem to fade really fast on me. I am looking forward to trying some of their other honey products!

rated 4 of 5 on 9/24/2012 10:59:00 PM More reviews by hsmalik

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Tan, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I just got this in a swap today and already love the product! I am all about MLBB kind of colours. MLBB is different for everyone, and for me I like something slightly darker and more pigmented than my lip colour. This is a perfect plummy/wine coloured lip stain that is very subtle but does wonders for my face overall. A lot of users say it is quite drying and I don't think it is personally. It's definitely not creamy, but it doesn't dry my lips out either. I think this could definitely become a HG product for me!

I will say that there are probably cheaper alternatives than this, I just haven't come across any because I haven't looked. I love this colour a lot and it is definitely not one of a kind, it's just the first one I've encountered, so some lippie deductions for that!

rated 4 of 5 on 9/14/2012 1:06:00 PM More reviews by lilly1996

I love the color, love the packaging, but it's a bit drying.
I feel like I need to apply a clear gloss over top. If it weren't for that, I'd give it a 5. :)

rated 5 of 5 on 7/18/2012 11:53:00 PM More reviews by CaitlinsCreativeCorner

I love my black honey almost lipstick. It gives me color to my lips without being too much.

rated 1 of 5 on 7/10/2012 11:37:00 PM More reviews by tia56

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine Eyes: Hazel

Weird. Within seconds of applying this beautiful color, my lips became dry to the point of being, well, crusty. Dropped it in a drawer at the office and tried it, off and on, over the next few months. Same result. Go figure.

rated 1 of 5 on 7/5/2012 11:31:00 AM More reviews by floridamuaer

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Blue

Like all Clinique products I have tried in the past, this was a disappointment and and I will not be purchasing again.

The color is perfect for me, but as soon as I put this lipstick on, my lips shrivel into raisins - it is SO DRYING. I've tried applying it over lip balm, but then it doesn't stay on my lips.

Beautiful color, horrible formula.

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 7/5/2012 8:24:00 AM More reviews by Euphoria93

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I have been wanting this color since I heard that this was what they used on Liv Taylor when she played Arwen in LOTR. I Always envied her berry kissed lips, and bought it as soon as I found it on Tax Free. It didn't give me the same beautiful effect it had on Liv, but it did look good. I'm fairly pale with a neutral undertone in my skin, and it made my lips look fuller and kissable without too much drama. It is buildable though, so you can make it look vampy and sexy if you just use a harder hand and apply more of it on your lips.

It was a bit drying and I don't use it enough to want another tube, but it's definitely more than OK in my book, so this is my HG for when I want to leave the house and look glamorous, but not too overdone.

rated 1 of 5 on 6/29/2012 9:33:00 PM More reviews by thistle100

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

I bought this after reading reviews that it was translucent and would produce a MLBB effect, which is the impression the name "Almost Lipstick" gives. But that's not how I found it. On me, it's pretty opaque and seems heavily pigmented. I could get away with using it if I only swipe it lightly once across my lips, in which case it's not too dark (though still pretty dark), and only lasts five minutes. But if I put two coats on -- or even one and a bit -- the result is dark purple lips, which with my colouring looks harsh (though it might look good on others).

Also, it seems to make my lips drier. I'd have thought it would be moisturizing with castor seed oil as the main ingredient, so I was surprised when they started to feel dry with it on.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/7/2012 6:13:00 PM More reviews by VBaricelli

Age: 30-35 Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

A friend of mine turned me on to Almost Lipstick in Black Honey a few years ago and I love it. It's not heavy feeling, leaves a fresh berry stain on your lips and doesn't look too fussy. It looks quite dark in the tube, but it's very sheer. I keep one in my car, one in my purse and one in my bathroom! I haven't ventured out into any of the new colors they've come out with in the Almost Lipstick line...but I might have to!

rated 2 of 5 on 6/7/2012 11:43:00 AM More reviews by wenderella

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Black

Sorry but i'm one of those who don't really like this. I'm 25 this year, NC15 with medium-plummy lips.

When applied, my lips look like a dark brownish red shade and it just makes me look OLD. :( Like a kid putting on her mum's red lipstick... just out of place... not flattering at all, my skin looks sallow.

A pity because I really wanted to love it after reading all the reviews here! However I do love the texture, very balmy and moisturising. The sheen is good too, lips look plump without being too glossy, which is the way i like my lips to be.

Maybe i'll try it in one of the other colours... when I swatched it at the counter i was actually doubtful that the colour would suit me, but i went ahead anyway because of the raving reviews for this colour and how it made EVERYONE's (except me) lips look MLBB.

Overall i still find it a good product but this colour is not for me.