Clinique Almost Lipstick - Black Honey

4.1

castor seed oil, cetyl ricinoleate, glyceryl triacetyl ricinoleate, candelila wax, carnauba wax, polyethylene, tocopheryl acetate [ yellow 5 lake (ci 19140), red 33 lake (ci 17200), red 28 lake (ci 45410), red 6 lake (ci 15850), blue 1 (ci 42090), iron oxides (ci 77491, 77492, 77499), red 7 lake (ci 15850), mica, bismuth oxychloride (ci 77163), red 30 lake (ci 73360), carmine (ci 75470), manganese violet (ci 77742), red 22 lake (ci 45380), titanium dioxide (ci 77891), red 21 lake (ci 45380), yellow 6 lake (ci 15850), red 27 lake (ci 45410), orange 5 (ci 45370), red 36 (ci 12085)]

Skin: Sensitive, Medium Brown, Warm

Hair: Black, Curly, Fine

If that #%&$ cap comes off this almost @!&$ lipstick in my purse one more time...who designed this $&%@, anyway? Does any one of them carry a purse? Wth - this is unworkable. Must try some other manifestation of Black Honey because I don't need these purse disasters.

on 1/15/2013 7:55:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Cool

Someone here said this looked just like their lips, only better. I concur. This is one I love. It's light and sheer but buildable. The sheen of it doesn't have the greatest staying power but, with me at least, it seems to leave enough pigment behind that it gives my lips a nice stained look. I usually will apply Rose lip salve over top the stain periodically until it completely fades and reapply. Thinking of trying some other colors in the Almost Lipstick line. And if you're a bigger fan of a full bodied lipstick and like this color, the Berry Freeze in the longer lasting lipstick is a near perfect match.

on 1/8/2013 8:45:00 PM

Hair: Brown, Curly, Coarse

This is my new favorite color. It looks very dark burgandy in the tube, but it goes on sheer and leaves your lips soft and gorgeously colored. It's easy to apply (you don't need a mirror.) Definitely a great buy!

on 1/6/2013 11:40:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium

This is a very sheer lipstick. The color is beautiful and flattering. The staying power is not amazing, but it is easy to reapply -- because it is sheer, it is forgiving with mistakes. It is not glossy, but gives your lips a healthy shine. I tried it because I have difficulty finding darker shades that look good on me. Granted, this doesn't look as dark as a matte lipstick but it proved to be a good compromise.

on 1/4/2013 3:08:00 PM

Skin: Other, Fair, Not Sure

I've been wanting to try this product for ages, and I finally ordered it. I absolutely loved it! I feel the color is perfect and buildable, and that it suits my fair skin tone very well.

Skin: Normal, Olive, Cool

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse

I LOVE the berry color, and I love how it looks great on everyone, and I love how versatile it is, but I don't like the formulation at all. It doesn't go on evenly and I have to use my finger to blend it so that I don't have random darker/lighter patches, and by then I've rubbed almost all of it off. I would prefer something a bit waxier, to make it easier to apply.

on 12/21/2012 3:05:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine

I am in LOVE with this stuff! I've worn it every day since I bought it after reading all the good reviews. It's the perfect combination of lipstick and gloss without being too dry looking or shiny. The color is amazing too, very sheer and natural looking. My new favorite will definitely be repurchasing.

on 12/17/2012 3:00:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

I love lipsticks/glosses/stains/balms and Black Honey is my current favorite. I feel so sophisticated and classy wearing this deep burgundy, it suits my fair skin and strawberry blonde hair really well. My go to make up look at the moment is... well just this: zero mascara and Black Honey on the lips.
So easy to apply, I barely need a mirror, and it fades nicely into a natural looking stain. Never feels dry or tacky on the lips. I always kinda forget it's there because it's so natural.
Very reasonably priced. I bought it in the US where it's super cheap (compared to European prices), but even here in Copenhagen I'll definitely repurchase. It's a winner for me.

on 12/16/2012 1:35:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Black, Curly, Fine

I really do love the color, but it makes my lips feel super dry within an hour or so.

on 12/16/2012 1:31:00 AM

This color didn't look great on me either. It was too light on me and it had no staying power. Will not purchase again.

Recommended for Medium Skin