Clinique Almost Lipstick - Black Honey

4.1

castor seed oil, cetyl ricinoleate, glyceryl triacetyl ricinoleate, candelila wax, carnauba wax, polyethylene, tocopheryl acetate [ yellow 5 lake (ci 19140), red 33 lake (ci 17200), red 28 lake (ci 45410), red 6 lake (ci 15850), blue 1 (ci 42090), iron oxides (ci 77491, 77492, 77499), red 7 lake (ci 15850), mica, bismuth oxychloride (ci 77163), red 30 lake (ci 73360), carmine (ci 75470), manganese violet (ci 77742), red 22 lake (ci 45380), titanium dioxide (ci 77891), red 21 lake (ci 45380), yellow 6 lake (ci 15850), red 27 lake (ci 45410), orange 5 (ci 45370), red 36 (ci 12085)]

on 11/15/2012 2:24:00 AM

I have pale, dry, sensitive lips, and Black Honey is the way to make them feel AND look good.
Ive read about it for years and couldn't try it because it wasn't sold where I live. Then by the time it finally arrived I'd forgotten about it. Finally got hold of one on a trip to NYC. I loved it so much I wore it for almost 2 weeks straight and went back to get a backup before I left. Its moist but not glossy, visible but not overly-dramatic. The perfect low-maintenance everyday lippie when you want to have lush, stained lips!
Im most impressed by how it NEVER goes on patchy and uneven looking, unlike many other dark, sheer lipsticks. It's just too bad this doesn't come in a bigger tube, since you can go through it so quickly.
----------------
Tip: I like to apply one light coat all over and then a little more right in the center of my top and bottom lips for a juicy stained look.

on 11/10/2012 7:09:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Medium, Warm

I've had several tubes of this. It seems to go quickly because of its emollient quality. What can I say that hasn't already been said about this one? It's a subtle shade that is universally flattering. The only drawback is you have to reapply frequently.

on 11/1/2012 9:52:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine

I liked this alright. I am very pale, NW15ish with full pigmented lips. This really didn't change the color of my lips all that much at all - so if you are worried it will be too dramatic, don't. even if you have pale lips this is a safe bet. So anyway I was a little disappointed, I love the mid-deep berry/plums. That said, it was pretty, and the texture did feel just like a balm, so. It isn't bad, just nothing to write home about. Oh, also, the cap ALWAYS falls off in my bag/basket. :(

on 10/19/2012 2:07:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool

Hair: Red, Straight, Medium

It's very sheer and cool, I wear it every day, lik ea tinted lip balm, it has great colour. This is my HG quialty lilogloss, It's shint, the weard thing is the staying power is very poor, it wears off when I eat and drink, but I always reapply, i can build up the colour and make it darkmk berry or a subtle hint of colour. It's skinda liek abrely ther emakeup, I have this in a lighter oclour too Chic honey. Black Honey is very overrated and I love it, trhis is my favorite clinique product, as therse new flavors of the old discontunued Almost Lipsticks, cam back again, black honey never faded, but colours are back, in stock

on 10/19/2012 4:53:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Not Sure

I love this product! Its a make up must have for me. sleek design, beautiful color, good staying power. its very flattering and makes me feel beautiful! it just dries my lips a little bit after a while so i put some lip balm.

on 10/19/2012 2:10:00 AM

My mom surprised me with this product the other day and the name struck a bell, For some reason, I knew this was a cult favorite for makeup lovers and I was beyond thrilled to get my hands on it. When looking at the tube, you are shocked and think, "Hell no, I can not pull this off." Thank God the product is incredibly sheer and totally buildable! I would even say it is a "your lips but better" kind of product which wins for me. It's a great buy! The formulation is also incredible on your lips!

on 10/18/2012 1:41:00 AM

I'm very much a plain old chapstick kind of girl, but I'd heard about Black Honey and figured I'd give it go. Since I bought it a few months ago it's become one of my standard beauty products.

on 10/12/2012 8:46:00 PM

This dried out my lips so severly. Loved the tint it gave, but such a horrible performance. Not recommended.

on 10/7/2012 2:23:00 PM

Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium

One swipe of this lipstick is the perfect MLBB shade. I layer this over a little lip balm for a perfect moist finish. You can also add extra layers of this product for a more dramatic look if you so desire.

I carry a tube of this with me all the time. I keep a tube in the bathroom. I also keep a third tube on hand just in case. I never want to be without this. My HG lipstick.

Edit: Horrors of horrors, this lipcolor is not as perfect as I thought. I recently became a redhead and found that the Black Honey looks funny with my hair. It's just a little off. If only it were a little bit warmer, it would be perfect. Very Sad! I took off two lippies because this lipcolor is suppose to work on everyone.

on 10/6/2012 8:25:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Neutral

Hair: Black, Curly, Medium

I don't know what i would do without this lipstick!

Seriously this lipstick is a 'queen' among my others, and i am a serious lipstick junkie. I own over 50 different lipstick shades!!! I was a bit hesitant to buy this because at first glance when trying it on in the store it was a bit plain. So i left without purchasing. I couldn't stop thinking about it though, and how many of my lipsticks are so similar but none really gave me the look this one did. It really was a 'my lips but 100x better' look. Which is perfect when you want to look like you are a natural stunner! Which is the look i am after these days. ( farewell nicki minaj pink by mac! ) Nudes wash me out, and everything else these days is too bright and garish to be attractive.

So i returned to sephora and bought the black honey. This was nearly 3 months ago, I currently wear it more then any other shade in my vast collection. Perhaps every second day or even more. Its perfect and i just wish i realized it sooner. You can wear 1 coat or layer it for a natural bombshell effect!

Not to mention everytime i wear it, sometimes just around the house in the mornings, hubby thinks i look extra sexy but can't put his finger on it! Ill keep my black honey a secret from my honey :P

If you don't have it, what are you waiting for? All of these people and votes cannot be wrong! It is a MUST for your collection girls!

Recommended for Medium Skin