November 23, 2014 | 1832 users online

Lipstick - Clinique - Almost Lipstick - Black Honey

rated 5 of 5 on 10/6/2012 8:25:00 AM More reviews by TheGlamazon

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Medium, Neutral Hair: Black, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

I don't know what i would do without this lipstick!

Seriously this lipstick is a 'queen' among my others, and i am a serious lipstick junkie. I own over 50 different lipstick shades!!! I was a bit hesitant to buy this because at first glance when trying it on in the store it was a bit plain. So i left without purchasing. I couldn't stop thinking about it though, and how many of my lipsticks are so similar but none really gave me the look this one did. It really was a 'my lips but 100x better' look. Which is perfect when you want to look like you are a natural stunner! Which is the look i am after these days. ( farewell nicki minaj pink by mac! ) Nudes wash me out, and everything else these days is too bright and garish to be attractive.

So i returned to sephora and bought the black honey. This was nearly 3 months ago, I currently wear it more then any other shade in my vast collection. Perhaps every second day or even more. Its perfect and i just wish i realized it sooner. You can wear 1 coat or layer it for a natural bombshell effect!

Not to mention everytime i wear it, sometimes just around the house in the mornings, hubby thinks i look extra sexy but can't put his finger on it! Ill keep my black honey a secret from my honey :P

If you don't have it, what are you waiting for? All of these people and votes cannot be wrong! It is a MUST for your collection girls!

rated 4 of 5 on 10/3/2012 7:41:00 PM More reviews by rosymel

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

Good sheer lip colour. It's not as moisturizing as a lip balm, but it isn't as dry as I remember it being the last time I tried a sample of it. It gives you colour without actually being a lipstick--not too shiny like a gloss, but not matte either. I can apply it without a mirror, which is pretty much what I look for in this sort of product.

rated 4 of 5 on 9/27/2012 12:02:00 PM More reviews by PrincessGizmo

I bought this a couple of weeks ago and have been wearing it every single day. It feels so smooth and nice on my lips and does not dry them out, but keeps them moisturized longer than anything I have tried short of chap stick. The color matches my skin perfectly and it is a very subtle nice tint it gives to my lips. This lasts a couple of hours on me if I do not eat anything and I really love that, because usually lighter tint lip products seem to fade really fast on me. I am looking forward to trying some of their other honey products!

rated 4 of 5 on 9/24/2012 10:59:00 PM More reviews by hsmalik

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Tan, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I just got this in a swap today and already love the product! I am all about MLBB kind of colours. MLBB is different for everyone, and for me I like something slightly darker and more pigmented than my lip colour. This is a perfect plummy/wine coloured lip stain that is very subtle but does wonders for my face overall. A lot of users say it is quite drying and I don't think it is personally. It's definitely not creamy, but it doesn't dry my lips out either. I think this could definitely become a HG product for me!

I will say that there are probably cheaper alternatives than this, I just haven't come across any because I haven't looked. I love this colour a lot and it is definitely not one of a kind, it's just the first one I've encountered, so some lippie deductions for that!

rated 4 of 5 on 9/14/2012 1:06:00 PM More reviews by lilly1996

I love the color, love the packaging, but it's a bit drying.
I feel like I need to apply a clear gloss over top. If it weren't for that, I'd give it a 5. :)

rated 5 of 5 on 7/18/2012 11:53:00 PM More reviews by CaitlinsCreativeCorner

I love my black honey almost lipstick. It gives me color to my lips without being too much.

rated 1 of 5 on 7/10/2012 11:37:00 PM More reviews by tia56

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine Eyes: Hazel

Weird. Within seconds of applying this beautiful color, my lips became dry to the point of being, well, crusty. Dropped it in a drawer at the office and tried it, off and on, over the next few months. Same result. Go figure.

rated 1 of 5 on 7/5/2012 11:31:00 AM More reviews by floridamuaer

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Blue

Like all Clinique products I have tried in the past, this was a disappointment and and I will not be purchasing again.

The color is perfect for me, but as soon as I put this lipstick on, my lips shrivel into raisins - it is SO DRYING. I've tried applying it over lip balm, but then it doesn't stay on my lips.

Beautiful color, horrible formula.

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 7/5/2012 8:24:00 AM More reviews by Euphoria93

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I have been wanting this color since I heard that this was what they used on Liv Taylor when she played Arwen in LOTR. I Always envied her berry kissed lips, and bought it as soon as I found it on Tax Free. It didn't give me the same beautiful effect it had on Liv, but it did look good. I'm fairly pale with a neutral undertone in my skin, and it made my lips look fuller and kissable without too much drama. It is buildable though, so you can make it look vampy and sexy if you just use a harder hand and apply more of it on your lips.

It was a bit drying and I don't use it enough to want another tube, but it's definitely more than OK in my book, so this is my HG for when I want to leave the house and look glamorous, but not too overdone.

rated 1 of 5 on 6/29/2012 9:33:00 PM More reviews by thistle100

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

I bought this after reading reviews that it was translucent and would produce a MLBB effect, which is the impression the name "Almost Lipstick" gives. But that's not how I found it. On me, it's pretty opaque and seems heavily pigmented. I could get away with using it if I only swipe it lightly once across my lips, in which case it's not too dark (though still pretty dark), and only lasts five minutes. But if I put two coats on -- or even one and a bit -- the result is dark purple lips, which with my colouring looks harsh (though it might look good on others).

Also, it seems to make my lips drier. I'd have thought it would be moisturizing with castor seed oil as the main ingredient, so I was surprised when they started to feel dry with it on.