April 18, 2014 | 1077 users online

Scrubs - St. Ives - Apricot Scrub Blemish and Blackhead Control

• Price: $

rated 3 of 5 on 3/1/2013 9:41:00 PM More reviews by MISFIT1125

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I really enjoy using this product as a daily scrub. I love the tiny beads that helps remove all the dirt, oil, and dead skin cells from my face! Although, it claims to prevent blackheads and minimize pores and I didn't find that it helped me in that department in any way. I still have blackheads pop up from time to time but I guess you can say this product helps keep them at bay. As for minimizing my pores I didn't do that for me at all. But all in all I love this product when you want a scrub that helps remove dirt, oil, makeup, etc and leaves your skin clean and smooth.

PROS:
-the natural exfoliants help remove dirt, oil, makeup, and dead skin cells.
-leaves skin feeling very clean and smooth.
-good scrub to use everyday

CONS:
-did not minimize pores (at least for me)

rated 3 of 5 on 2/26/2013 7:35:00 AM More reviews by pb84

this one is good in term of cleaning my face, and I don't get any bad reaction.
on my both acne prone and oily skin, this one causes my skin more oily afterwards though. Counting by less than an hour the oil form up in my pore, visibly.
After scrubbing, face is not getting red, nor itchy so it's safe enough. It leaves a comfortable clean feeling with softness and make skin look ok. I had a hard time with dry skin, which got burn because of some other product. This one could not remove them all, but eventually it did the job.
Price is too vary so I'm not sure. I got it at 23MYR ~ 6$ so it's not exactly dirt cheap. And to get it at that price, I had to buy 2 else it'd have been 32 MYR which was 7$.
I don't complain though, since I like it enough it'd buy again anyways

---Updated April 25, 2013
I have found some better product and start worrying about the too big and rough material in this srub. You can try to magnify it and see yourself the shape of the scrub.
I reduce 1 lippie, and demote this to my body scrub.

rated 2 of 5 on 2/23/2013 3:54:00 PM More reviews by sawa22

Age: 44-55 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

my face looks horrible, it dried it out and i have pimples everywhere

rated 4 of 5 on 2/2/2013 7:35:00 AM More reviews by aprilcatrine

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

This product works well for combination/oily/acne prone skin! I use to have huge red pimples on my cheeks and now most of them are gone and the ones still they're are much smaller and aren't as red. On the packaging it says that you can use this up to 4 times weekly, I'd recommend only 4 times weekly, because I used it every day which did help with acne, but it made my skin a bit dry and flaky on the nose, I use it less now, but it's still a great product.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/29/2013 4:55:00 PM More reviews by Llehshar

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

This review is for apricot fresh skin cleanser. On the tube it says oil-free blemish fighting and 100% natural extracts. It has exfoliating beads and some salicylic acid. The beads are very gentle so if you like more course exfoliating this isn't for you. For me its perfect and its probably gentle enough to use every day but I use it about 1-2 times a week in the morning. I don't follow up with moisturizer as this is hydrating enough and I don't usually use moisturizer anyway. I feel that the less chemicals on your face the better. This makes my skin feel smooth and healthy, plus it prevents breakouts. I have tried many products including apricot scrub original and the blemish fighting one. There are very few products that I would repurchase and I am on my second tube of this!

rated 3 of 5 on 1/25/2013 10:54:00 PM More reviews by Kelllyjayne

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Other Eyes: Black

I think it's a good scrub to get the makeup off. it dries out the skin a bit and can be abrasive at times, especially if you have open wounds on your face. it didn't do much with blackheads or acne for me, but it has a pleasant smell and is generally a good scrub. I feel very clean afterwards- just a little dry.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/25/2013 2:52:00 PM More reviews by Logan696

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I have been using this stuff since i was younger. I have tried many other face scrubs and wash but this stuff is ALWAYS my go to. If im not using this stuff i break out.I will continue to repurchased because my skin cant go without it!

rated 2 of 5 on 1/25/2013 2:36:00 PM More reviews by dilade

Even though I have acne prone skin, I found the grains in this too harsh. The smell was also a little strong. Compared to the gentle version, this has much more grains. I didn't find this helped blackheads either. I much prefer the gentle version which is more creamy whereas this left my face a little red. Not too bad as a body scrub and usually found on offer so not too expensive.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/20/2013 11:58:00 AM More reviews by rachel03

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

Omg, the best. Makes my skin suuper soft and smells great. It's cheap. Plus, St. Ives doesn't test on animals. For my face, I prefer scrubs to anything else (cleansers, creams, gels, etc)!

rated 4 of 5 on 1/12/2013 11:02:00 AM More reviews by NaomiHa

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Coarse Eyes: Hazel

CVS Retails under $4
Walmart Sometime has two packaged together for $6
There are different kinds!!!

Packaging:
the main reason why I am giving it a 3 is because the first week of buying one, a bottle bursted on the side so I have to put it in a container.

Suggestions: Your skin re-new it self during night so it best to use it before you go to bed.
If you do it during the day time you can cause yourself to get sun damage due to raw skin

Invigorating scrub:
this one is very abbrassive I suggest using this one once every week, no more than that. You will only need a dime size to clean your face. Please do not use a brush it can cause scratches and tears to your skin which is what happened to me.

Gentle scrub:
I use this every other day, its less abrassive than the invigorating scrub, and gentle to use. You can use this with a foam brush. The beads are however still too large and rough to be using it with a brush that uses bristles.