October 22, 2014 | 1135 users online

Cleansers - Burt's Bees - Garden Tomato Complexion Soap ] [DISCONTINUED]

This product has been discontinued

rated 3 of 5 on 5/28/2005 2:31:00 AM More reviews by Realityreject

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I purchased this in a sample kit as I am sure a lot of people did. I have dry skin so that could be why I was not impressed with this soap. It does a great job cleansing and removing makeup (maybe not the stubborn kinds that grip on tight). It didn't really clear up my blemishes or improve my skin tone so I won't go back to this once I've finished the bar. It is not irritating at all and not totally over drying. It just didn't deliver the results I am looking for; soft and clear skin!

rated 3 of 5 on 5/18/2005 3:26:00 AM More reviews by gschrom27

This is a great, no frills product. It's also the only cleanser that has ever given me a visible improvement in my complexion. I've noticed a lot of the reviewers said that this dried out their skin, but I too have combo skin that's prone to dryness, and I've never had that problem. I think you just need to moisturize after using this? Anyway, I still get the occasional zit, but hey, nothing is perfect. My only complaint is that it's a bit pricy for just a simple bar of soap, almost $9 a bar. EDIT: Ok, I've been using this for about 3 months now, and while it does help prevent breakouts, it clogs up your pores HORRIBLY, resulting in really bad blackheads. I had a few, not too noticable blackheads on my nose before I used this, and now my entire t-zone looks awful. It's very noticable, and I think it's because of my continual use of this soap.

rated 4 of 5 on 5/10/2005 1:48:00 PM More reviews by joleneburd

I use this cleanser on and off - mostly in the summer when my skin tends to be a bit more oily. Definitely makes it feel very clean and fresh and I do enjoy the scent. Could see the potential of drying if using everyday. Overall a good product.

rated 2 of 5 on 4/13/2005 2:16:00 PM More reviews by Wickeh

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I was very enthusiastic about this product, expecting much, perhaps too much. My face felt dry after using (I have pretty oily skin with moderate acne) even when using the toner. I gave it about 4 weeks but I got a couple of cysts while using this and I NEVER had those before, just your ordinary zits. And the amount of those just seemed to increase. According to the product and reviews this should work for me, however it only worsened my condition and I just hope to get back to what I looked like before using this.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/12/2005 7:21:00 AM More reviews by courtesan

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

This is a great product. I wanted to stop messing my skin around with all these harsh chemicals (who really knows the long term effects of them) in all the lotions and potions I was using on my face. But first I needed a solution for my acne prone, dull, oily and uneven skin.

The first time I used this soap my skin looked bright and healthy afterwards, slightly tight but not over dry. During the first 2.5 weeks my skin broke out a bit but I persisted due to the overall quality of my skin improving so much. Also because posters on a forum I use experienced the same thing in the first few weeks.

I no longer seem to get acne any more and my skin is clean and healthy. You have to give this product a fair try if you want to see results, it takes 1 month for your skin to get used to a product and this soap will drag all the impurities out of the skin initially (try the herbal blemish stick to try and control the initial breakout).

The packaging is great because its card so better for the environment then most, however you will need a soap dish for this product, one with a lid if you take it travelling.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 4/10/2005 1:05:00 AM More reviews by Jakquetta

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Other Eyes: Black

For the first time in months, my blemished forehead is starting to clear up. After a LONG time of searching a cleanser for my semi-troubled skin I've found one that does something. I've been using this for about two weeks and it works well.

I like the smell and I agree is not for extremely dry skin. I use a moisturizer immediately after washing because it dries up my face a bit. I also like that it has less ingredients than most cleansers and that they recycle packaging.

rated 1 of 5 on 4/7/2005 10:20:00 PM More reviews by mousehouse

After reading some reviews I decided to give this a try. I have sensitive, combo skin, with moderate acne. After using the soap for 3 weeks my skin has NEVER looked worse. I broke out in large and painful zits and had tiny bumps all over. It was not pretty. Needless to say I threw the soap away and will never buy it again.

rated 1 of 5 on 3/29/2005 4:52:00 PM More reviews by DMITRI

After reading numerous reviews, I was so excited to try this tomato soap in the hopes that it would help clear up my face. I decided that I would give it two weeks. Let's just say one week was more than enough. I have never had a breakout so bad in my life. My face is very irritated (rash-very red) and with many whiteheads. I am embarrassed to go out of the house. If you have sensitive skin, do not use this product.

rated 4 of 5 on 2/23/2005 6:26:00 PM More reviews by stickgirl

Age: 30-35 Skin: Very Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

LOVE this smell... fresh tomatoes... reminds me of summer... ahhhh...
    Nice performer, too... makes my face feel great, and extreamly clean. I am a big BB fan, I appreciate the natural ingredients as well as BB's conservency efforts (check our their website to learn more). I sometimes stray from the Garden Tomato line (add the toner), but usually end up going back, and then not being able to remember why I didn't stick with such a good thing.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/14/2005 9:02:00 PM More reviews by Tarafirma

I am in love with this soap. My skin has never looked or felt better. My skin is very oily and slightly acne prone (mild breakouts every couple months or so). My skin hasn't broken out since I've been using it, my pores are smaller and my skin has a radiant glow that it has never had before. I actually LOVE the smell of this soap. I don't really think it smells too tomotoey at all. It does have a fragrance to it, but it does not stay on your skin after you rinse it off. Quite frankly though, even if this stuff smelled like a baboon's arse I'd still use it. Thats just how darn good it is. It is all natural and there are no pore clogging ingredients in it. I won't ever wash my face with anything else again! Buy it, buy it, buy it. Are you still reading this? Buy it, I say!!!!