December 22, 2014 | 1063 users online

Lotions/ Creams - Nivea - Nivea Creme

• Price: $

rated 4 of 5 on 11/22/2013 3:05:00 AM More reviews by Jess9

This works great for me. I have combination skin and I use this cream all over my body. It is a very heavy, very moisturizing cream so I wouldn't recommend if you have major acne problems. I've repurchased many times. I like it especially for around the eyes. I took away a lippie because of the packaging. I wish it came in a large squeeze tube.

rated 4 of 5 on 11/21/2013 1:06:00 PM More reviews by anonyym

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

It's nice.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 11/21/2013 12:44:00 PM More reviews by HottSauce

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Tan, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Black

I am reaching for this more and more now that its getting colder. It snowed today. I put this on my nose, cheeks, hands, everywhere that feels dry and chapped. It is thick and can be white at first but goes away with rubbing in it and leaving it to dry. Feels great everywhere and I love the smell. The blue tin that is so distinguishable makes it great for traveling. It is cheap and can be found everywhere. This product is so easy, multitasking, and comforting.

rated 4 of 5 on 11/21/2013 6:00:00 AM More reviews by sassiko

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Kinky, Coarse Eyes: Hazel

Well well who knew this basic moisturiser was so good. Since reading about how this cream is better than creme de la mer I started using it on my face. I gave it 4 stars because I have been mixing some sweet almond oil with it, so essentially this is a review of the combination, but it has nicely cleared up a patch of really dry skin around my nose which I thought was ezcema or psoriasis. It smells lovely - so homely and of childhood and its dirt cheap. Fab!

rated 5 of 5 on 11/19/2013 10:20:00 PM More reviews by Nitala

This stuff is heavy and greasy however, it works WONDERFULLY on cold, windy days. I'm a student so I pretty much have to rely on buses and walking to get to where I need to go. This stuff keeps my skin soft ALL DAY without reapplication. This is fantastic stuff for my dry skin since it tends to get even worse during the winter. :)

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 11/18/2013 5:44:00 PM More reviews by jengin45

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I'm obsessed. I look forward to putting this stuff on. Wow! Very creamy and moisturizing. Greasy at first but really soaks in.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/17/2013 2:29:00 PM More reviews by ratgirldjh

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I know most of the reviewers on here prefer the German version of this creme - but I don't.

I like the one that I can buy at Walmart in the huge 13.5 cobalt glass jar. Yes, it has petroleum jelly in it - but I think it works much better than the one without.

for some reason I was sensitive to the 'fragrance' in the German one and this one doesn't bother me.

Plus I find that this one soaks in faster and is just all around good for my skin, the german nivea just sat on my skin.

i like to use this for a facial cleanser as well - i use it just like cold cream; put a layer on my face massage it in and remove it with a tissue and sometimes use a warm washcloth after. leaves my face smooth and hydrated!

So yay for the Mexican/American version of this creme! It deserves some love as well :)

10 out of 11 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/14/2013 3:57:00 PM More reviews by snowshoe73

This review is for the GERMAN Nivea Creme.

I decided to try this after reading the feature in the Daily Mail where they put Nivea up against Creme De La Mer--Nivea held its own and then some. I was going to grab a tin from my local Target but I learned about the differences between the Mexican and German formulations and decided to get the "good stuff" online.

The creme goes on thick and creamy, but after a few seconds of rubbing/body heat, the formula becomes much thinner and spreads beautifully. I use it at night under some argan oil; the next morning my skin is soft and plumper, with any lines smoothed out. It also didn't break me out. I don't mind the Nivea smell...I kind of like it, actually. But the scent is there and strong, and may be off-putting to those sensitive to fragrances.

I took a page from CDLM's book and use a little spatula to scoop out the creme--that keeps my fingers out of the tin and helps to keep the product more sanitary. Also, a little creme goes a long way: a pea-sized amount or two is all that is really needed, and it soaks right in. Use too much and it all won't make it into the skin--you'll have a shiny slick.

This is definitely worth the hassle of finding it online!

FWIW, the Mexican formulation--this is what is sold in the US--is excellent as a hand and body moisturizer. A bit slimy for the face, IMO.

rated 2 of 5 on 11/10/2013 11:37:00 AM More reviews by glitterandsparkles42

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Hazel

I have combination skin and it makes my skin feel really greasy when I put it on :/

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 11/4/2013 12:50:00 AM More reviews by Menolikepolos

I like to use this cream in the winter on my legs after I shave. It is a heavy duty moisturizer and does not sink in fast. It has a white cast, and for those 2 reasons, I would not use in the AM, summer, or on my face. But it is a cheap drugstore moisturizer.