April 18, 2014 | 1930 users online

Lipstick - MAC - Satin Lipstick - Myth

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 3/25/2011 4:13:00 PM More reviews by jessical5183

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Green

Wish I'd returned this when I had the chance. This is SO dry, it looks and feels chalky, and the color is just gross.

The reason I'm reviewing it so poorly is because I feel that we could all do so much better for the price. In order to avoid having this ash out your lips and make your face lose its color, you have to work with it a lot.....I don't want to work with a $15 lipstick. I want to apply it and be done. Besides, ANY color can end up looking the way you want it to if you toy with it enough....why not just save yourself the time and buy a product that does what you want in one go?

In order to get this color right, you have to apply it with a brush and not straight from the tube or it'll go on way too thick. You'd probably want to apply it over a nice moisturizing base as well, because it's a very dry formula and it always causes my lips to crack and peel. Yuck.

This is a difficult color to pull off. I'm not going to be daft and say that it won't work for some people, but I think it's a bad color for most. Even the lady at the MAC counter told me that I'd want to apply a good gloss over it to get some of the color back in my lips. So again I ask, what is the point of this product?

I never reach for this and I regret buying it. I wanted to like it because it's so popular, but it's just not for me. Doesn't suit my tastes.

5 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 3/21/2011 6:21:00 AM More reviews by tazzyface

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

If you love nude lips, or wear smokey eyes a lot, you definitely need this in your collection. This is almost exactly the same colour as my skin, except with more pink tones in it. I love it with very dramatic eye makeup and a bit of lipgloss because it's drying. I can also see how it would make a great base for other lipsticks too. For reference I am NC20.

rated 2 of 5 on 3/12/2011 2:52:00 AM More reviews by ohtin

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Tan, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

It's a nice nude but definitely not for Medium skin. I'm NC42 for reference and this is too light for my skintone!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/10/2011 9:00:00 AM More reviews by garstrieper

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I will repurchase the moment I run out. I hope MAC never stops making this product. It is truly nude....pale...It's just skin colored! Perfect to pair with a dark or dramatic eye, perfect for the Brigitte Bardot look, or the dead look, or the chola black lip liner and nude lips look. Just perfect. ( :

rated 3 of 5 on 3/8/2011 12:32:00 PM More reviews by PopRocksAndGummiBears

I only wear myth if i pair it with a nude gloss because its too dull & flat on its own. Its a trude nude with slight pink tones. Its drying, so i exfoliate then apply lipbalm. Im a NW20 and this sort of washes me out... i like pink lips better. I wouldnt buy myth again since i had creme d nude and liked it way better. 3.5 rating

rated 4 of 5 on 3/7/2011 6:37:00 PM More reviews by Jpettit

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Green

I am very light with pink undertones and Myth is the only thing that gives me a natural nude lip. Everything else is too brown or too white. When I tried it on in the MAC store, the makeup artist was like, "That's Myth?! It looks so different on you!". So I definitly think you need to have a very light complexion (I am fairly light in Bare Escentuals) in order to pull Myth off. My friend is asian and very olive and she uses Myth under her MAC Red lipstick and it works great as a base. :)

rated 5 of 5 on 3/6/2011 11:03:00 AM More reviews by daisylonglegs

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Myth needs to be used sparingly....dotted onto the lips and not smeared as it is sooo concentrated - that said, it is a fab base for other colours and lasts hours and hours. I think of all MAC likpsticks, this one will go into the Hall of Fame and stay there. I have found a new favourite ( Clarins nude) but Myth is my staple base. I have fair skin and blond hair/blue eyes and this works on me but I doubt that it would for darker skintones.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 3/4/2011 12:14:00 PM More reviews by Phanatical28

Oh, Myth.

Myth is a wonderful, pale pale nude. Sometimes it runs the risk of "concealer lips," but more often than not looks fabulous, and can be warmed up with a light pink gloss on top. It can be a little hard to apply, or drying, but neither are a dealbreaker for me. It's a good, light nude to have in any collection, and a must for a nude lip lover.

rated 2 of 5 on 2/27/2011 2:19:00 PM More reviews by trishkai

Age: 25-29 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

yellow people------- avoid unless youre applying a sht ton of gloss on top.

pink people-- go for it

rated 4 of 5 on 2/24/2011 6:02:00 PM More reviews by waterlilly26

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

This lipstick can be a bit drying to MY lips, but then again my lips are dry and I'm always applying lip balm. I hate the feeling of dry lips I'm a lil obsessed with lip balm, lol I like it better under a gloss because it can make my lips looked washed out, but as a base for lip gloss I love it.