MAC Satin Lipstick - Myth

castor oil, trioctydodecyl citrate, glyceryl triacetyl hydroxysterate, candellla wax, octydodecanol, silica, jojoba oil, beeswax, sesame oil, ozokerite, carnauba wax, cetyl ricinoleate, microcrystalline wax, ascorbyl palmitate, tocopherol, vanillin.

on 6/12/2011 8:15:00 PM

I love this colour! After I tried on creme d'nude, which isn't flattering on me, in my opinion, I tried out Myth, knowing this is pretty popular too. To me, this is VERY pigmented, well more pigmented than creme d'nude. People have said it dries out their lips, but my lips seem to be fine, I guess it depends on the chemistry of your lips? I would definitely buy this again.

on 6/4/2011 8:30:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Straight, Other

Myth looks dreadful on me whether I'm my natural NC20 skintone or a tanned NC35/37. I have yellow tones and it washes me out, is very drying on my lips, is an unflattering milky white peachy pink colour. It's good for cancelling out pigmentation before putting another lipstick ontop but I don't really like doing that as Myth turns my lips into a flakey hot mess.

on 6/1/2011 12:19:00 AM

This lipstick is more drying than MAC's other lipsticks, and gives me that dreaded 'dead' look. However, I do like it underneath other lip colors as a base (it does a good job of creating a 'blank canvas' for other lipsticks)

on 5/28/2011 11:36:00 AM

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Other

i LOVE this lipstick. it's my go-to colour, it always looks good and it's not too nude, so you don't look like a corpse when you wear it. i'd definitely repurchase this, will probably have to soon as i've used it so much :)

on 5/28/2011 11:17:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Tan, Not Sure

Best Lipstick in the world !! The colour is just beautiful, some people think its pricey for a lipstick but i woulld happily pay double for it, its that good ! People have been saying it dries your lips out but i dont think it does its just if your lips are already a bit dry this makes them look 10 times worse so make sure you have smooth moisturised lips before applying it. If you find the colour is too white i reccomend applying a clear or pale pink lipgloss over it and youl love it. I will never buy another lipstick again after discovering myth

on 5/15/2011 4:58:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure

Hair: Silver, Other, Other

I Like mac Myth lipstick, Alot of people have said it is drying and i go agree but with a good primer i think it works well, nw 20/25 and i think it dose look good with my skin tone without looking like i just have white lipstick on, I Dont really smell anything to the lipstick at all.

I Do recommend putting it in a draw/cold place cause it DOSE melt easy, I will Get this lipstick again cause i do think it is a perfect nude colour and dose look good on most people.It is expensive but a little bit gose along way

on 5/14/2011 7:11:00 PM

Hair: Brunette, Other, Coarse

This is the best pure nude lipstick that actually works and shows up on my very pigments lips. Yes, some people say this looks like concealer, but I actually like the way it looks. This formula works great to really be opaque on my lips. So many other lipsticks that are supposed to be a nude color just look sheer on my lips, such as Innocence Beware from the VV collection. If this is just to nude for you, put a lip gloss over it & it will look beautiful. I would recommend testing this one out at MAC if you have the chance & if you are looking for a true nude.

on 5/13/2011 1:17:00 AM

Skin: Very Oily, Tan, Cool

best nude lipstick i've tried! i've been buying this lipstick for the past four years, and have only had one complaint. the formula is fantastic and it looks so good with a smoky eye or a neon eye. the one complaint that i have is that being so pale, and having strong yellow undertones, this lipstick looks too peachy on me. i'd really recommend this to makeup lovers with more tanned, olive or darker complexions. it's such a great lipstick and such a beautiful colour. just not for me, so next i'm going to try MAC Fleshpot lipstick.

on 5/7/2011 1:13:00 PM

Try this if you are fair-medium to tan and your LIPS are on the PALEr side. This colour is more about the natural lip colour rather than the skin tone.
If your skin is too pale and so are your lips you'll get washed out.
If your skin is between fair-medium to tan but lips are dark, the colour will turn purplish/ grayish...
Like most Mac lipsticks, this is also drying. I wish Clinique made this colour in their buttery formula.

on 4/28/2011 3:28:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

The colour of this a very pinkish beige, it IS a perfect nude colour for a fair skintone.

however, this lipstick (and all of the satins) are much too drying for me and my lips =/

I love the pay off and everything but it's simply not worth it to me when mac has other amazing finishes!! (cremesheens, lustres, even frosts!!)

I would recommend creme d'nude as apposed to this shade!!

Popular Lipsticks