July 30, 2014 | 1874 users online

Lipstick - MAC - Satin Lipstick - Myth

rated 4 of 5 on 4/13/2011 7:10:00 AM More reviews by TinyForever

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

This is very white-ish concealor looking but now I am blonde and less tanned this suits me again. However, as I don't like the concealor look lips I tend to put a bright gloss over this which then makes it into a pale colour but I wouldn't wear alone - prefer creme de nude for that.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/12/2011 2:25:00 PM More reviews by honeypink00

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Olive, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

Myth is a great nude lipstick color if you want really really nude lips. I always apply a moisturizing lipbalm before I put on Myth because if I don't it dries out my lips and sinks into the cracks. Otherwise, it's the best nude lip color out there. It's also a great combination with smokey eyes!

rated 4 of 5 on 4/10/2011 1:55:00 AM More reviews by furnando

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Dark, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Black

I love Myth, but not really because the color works for me. I am NC42, and this color looks ghastly on me by itself, which is fine since I love this color more as a concealer against my awful lip color which is purple on top and pink on bottom. I wear this paired with a pink lipgloss and it looks flawless, it adds a nice pearly nude tone underneath pinks which I absolutely adore! However I can't rate 5 stars because of the dryness it causes.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/6/2011 9:52:00 PM More reviews by ivana01

i've tried a lot of nude lipsticks and this has to be my favourite, i'm never changing to another lipstick again! it's such a beautiful colour but make sure you top it off with a lipgloss such as the mac lipglass c-thru otherwise it will look too cakey and dry but the lasting power is great, it lasts really long. as for the people that are complaining about it being too dry, have you ever heard of moisturising your lips? most lipsticks look like shit on if you have dry/chapped lips anyway so make sure you keep your lips moisturised. will definately buy again but thumbs down for it being too expensive!

rated 5 of 5 on 3/27/2011 11:36:00 PM More reviews by jamie__marie

okay, so the people that have complained about how light/nude this product is, i've noticed are tan or deeper toned. well first off, you wouldn't wear this alone if you are. of course it looks chalky! you need a lip liner. secondly, it is a satin so it does have more of a matte look. IF YOU PUT A MATTE ON, YOU NEED TO HYDRATE THE SKIN YOU PUT IT ON. i think a lot of people who don't like it, aren't educated enough on how to wear it, or because they are a deeper tone, that's not always the color for you. your nude would be a little darker. myth is more of a lipstick that you apply lightly.

with that said, i love it. it gives you the perfect slate for multiple nude looks. put a pink/brown/peach gloss on top and it creates a more nude shade in that tone. you don't need a lot of it. remember, swatch it on your hand before you just buy it. it's not hard to see that it's a light nude lipstick...and not for everyone. BUT IT IS THE PERFECT NUDE FOR MOST PEOPLE, IF YOU KNOW HOW TO WORK WITH IT.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 3/25/2011 4:13:00 PM More reviews by jessical5183

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Green

Wish I'd returned this when I had the chance. This is SO dry, it looks and feels chalky, and the color is just gross.

The reason I'm reviewing it so poorly is because I feel that we could all do so much better for the price. In order to avoid having this ash out your lips and make your face lose its color, you have to work with it a lot.....I don't want to work with a $15 lipstick. I want to apply it and be done. Besides, ANY color can end up looking the way you want it to if you toy with it enough....why not just save yourself the time and buy a product that does what you want in one go?

In order to get this color right, you have to apply it with a brush and not straight from the tube or it'll go on way too thick. You'd probably want to apply it over a nice moisturizing base as well, because it's a very dry formula and it always causes my lips to crack and peel. Yuck.

This is a difficult color to pull off. I'm not going to be daft and say that it won't work for some people, but I think it's a bad color for most. Even the lady at the MAC counter told me that I'd want to apply a good gloss over it to get some of the color back in my lips. So again I ask, what is the point of this product?

I never reach for this and I regret buying it. I wanted to like it because it's so popular, but it's just not for me. Doesn't suit my tastes.

5 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 3/21/2011 6:21:00 AM More reviews by tazzyface

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

If you love nude lips, or wear smokey eyes a lot, you definitely need this in your collection. This is almost exactly the same colour as my skin, except with more pink tones in it. I love it with very dramatic eye makeup and a bit of lipgloss because it's drying. I can also see how it would make a great base for other lipsticks too. For reference I am NC20.

rated 2 of 5 on 3/12/2011 2:52:00 AM More reviews by ohtin

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Tan, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

It's a nice nude but definitely not for Medium skin. I'm NC42 for reference and this is too light for my skintone!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/10/2011 9:00:00 AM More reviews by garstrieper

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I will repurchase the moment I run out. I hope MAC never stops making this product. It is truly nude....pale...It's just skin colored! Perfect to pair with a dark or dramatic eye, perfect for the Brigitte Bardot look, or the dead look, or the chola black lip liner and nude lips look. Just perfect. ( :

rated 3 of 5 on 3/8/2011 12:32:00 PM More reviews by PopRocksAndGummiBears

I only wear myth if i pair it with a nude gloss because its too dull & flat on its own. Its a trude nude with slight pink tones. Its drying, so i exfoliate then apply lipbalm. Im a NW20 and this sort of washes me out... i like pink lips better. I wouldnt buy myth again since i had creme d nude and liked it way better. 3.5 rating