April 19, 2014 | 1653 users online

Pressed Powders - Cover Girl - TruBlend Pressed Powder

image 0image 1image 2

rated 4 of 5 on 2/24/2007 2:31:00 PM More reviews by valeriana

* got this in translucent light
* i am filipina aab with light-medium skin tone, yellow/slightly peach undertones

LOVE:
-this is great for setting makeup, makes it look more polished
-truly translucent, does not add/change color when layered with other makeup
-evens out skin tone
-does not look powdery or chalky
-controls oiliness but not for very long
-very affordable

HATE:
-packaging is SO tacky and cheap
-does not give your face a "glowy" look, just a very fresh, clean, slightly polished look (just like the way your face looks after you've just washed it) which can easily be accomplished by blotting with oil-absorbing film

rated 3 of 5 on 2/21/2007 12:29:00 PM More reviews by SRTM

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

SKIN TYPE: Combination/oily skin. Prone to breakouts. PROS: Lightly textured. Fragrance-free. CONS: A brush was needed for even application. Limited shade-selection. OVERALL: Does its job as a pressed powder. Didn't break out.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/16/2007 10:22:00 AM More reviews by alison_k

I have totally re-written my review of this powder. I compared it to Revlon's Colorstay powder in my original review and this Cover Girl powder just didn't keep my face matte all day, unlike Revlon. However, it makes my skin look like it is glowing and looks very natural, just not matte - more of a satin effect. This survived my standard makeup test (a full day at work plus a 30 minute walk home in the Florida sun) and my face still looked fresh and natural. The packaging is awful though. The silver plastic compact looks cheap and scratches easily. Also, my compact doesn't close properly when the sponge is inside. It seems to me like the sponge is too thick and there is no room in the compact for it. My powder therefore is always exposed to the air, and I don't know what type of effect this will be having on it's quality. I will repurchase as I love the glowy look this gives me, even if my face doesn't stay matte for long.

rated 2 of 5 on 1/28/2007 7:35:00 PM More reviews by TinkR

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I used this along with the CG Trublend liquid foundation. It didn't help my oily tzone at all and it made my dry, acne prone cheeks even more dry and acne prone. If I put it on at 7 a.m. I could fry an egg on my face before 10 a.m. Plus I am super pale and the lightest color was too dark. The liquid worked well though and I am now using the Trublend powder foundation (it cuts a step out of my routine).

rated 5 of 5 on 1/26/2007 4:29:00 AM More reviews by ocicat

Lovely powder with minimal fragrance. Silky and easy to blend which looks quite natural. great price too. love it. my friend doesnt like it because she thinks it makes her look too pale...

rated 4 of 5 on 1/12/2007 8:29:00 PM More reviews by Covergirlgirl

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I loved it. I started using this, instead of foundation, because its very light.The packaging is okay. Sadly, I dropped it and it broke ):
[But what do you expect when you drop anything on a lockerroom floor of course its gonna brake]

rated 1 of 5 on 12/17/2006 3:55:00 AM More reviews by redskittles

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I really like the texture and feel of this. I have very oily skin and so far it keeps the oil at bay. It's very buildable so that's definitely a plus. It hides my redness while not looking garish. I haven't used it long enough to note the overall effects but so far i'm liking it. Kudos Cover Girl...I was very suprised (I use ivory)

edit: I retract my good review. This powder broke me out big time. I don't know what's in it, but my skin doesn't like it.

rated 4 of 5 on 12/12/2006 9:43:00 AM More reviews by gingerc

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I have very oily skin so I usually only use loose powder and blotting sheets. But I wanted a pressed powder to carry in my purse for touch ups during the holidays. I haven't purchased pressed powder since high school (about 12 years ago). After reading many reviews here at PV, I decided to give Cover Girl TruBlend Pressed Powder a try. The promise of matching "97% of skin tones", being "Oil and fragrance free", and the price made me decide to give it a try. I purchased TruBlend in Translucent Light. It seems to be a great color over my Estee Lauder Double Wear foundation in Fresco.
I've used the powder for a week and I like it. If you are looking for an inexpensive pressed powder, I would recommend this powder.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 11/27/2006 3:06:00 AM More reviews by tanni

I suppose this is a decent drugstore pressed powder... But it just doesn't cut it with me. The powder, after a few uses, has little chunks left over, which I've noticed is quite common in cheaper pressed powders, because the powders aren't as finely milled. (My Physician's Formula does the same thing.) The clumps are not at all present in powders from MAC, Benefit, Lola, etc., and those are the brands I'm more used to. (Granted, they are more expensive, but I like to purchase my products based on quality.) I bought this while on a trip, because I'd forgotten my pressed powder at home, and for the week or so I was out of town, this was alright. I don't like this powder, but I did buy it with it's counterpart whipped foundation, and I still use that; it's very exceptional. The sponge it comes with is... okay, but it does give you the potential of over-applying it if you're not careful. The outer compact itself is a little annoying, as the color is a very light silver and can pick up scratches on the paint easily, which makes it end up looking old and grungy. I remember using CG clean powder (in the green case) and that compact *never* had any scratches, so I think this was just a poor packaging choice on CG's part. I wouldn't repurchase this again, even if I was on a trip without my regular compact. I'd probably buy what I used to wear in high school... The CG clean powder.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/2/2006 6:12:00 AM More reviews by ocicat

this is the 1st powder i've ever used so i've nothing to compare with. but its great! but then again, my skin's pretty good to start with (no break outs, pretty even skin tone and not much visible pores or blackheads). i apply this very lightly after using oil blotting paper and it makes my skin even more even-looking and reasonably natural. i have fair asian skin and use the lightest shade.
no fragrance is also a plus. the packaging can be made to look a little nicer though!