April 19, 2014 | 1574 users online

Concealers - L'Oreal - True Match Super-Blendable Concealer

rated 3 of 5 on 3/30/2012 6:21:00 PM More reviews by HotWolfie

I don't often use concealers unless I have a **ahem** monthly blemish. What I like about L'Oreal True Match Super-Blendable Concealer: not too thick consistency, blends well, a little goes a long way, it sticks really well to the skin. What I don't like about it: Can apply heavy if you're not careful (I would apply w/ a brush or a damp sponge). Overall, I really liked this product.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 3/30/2012 3:00:00 AM More reviews by badkitty82

I have mixed feelings about this concealer. I have been using Dior for years but after they discontinued their hydrating concealer I've been looking for a replacement. True Match from LOreal is much cheaper and I decided to give it a try as I liked the True Match foundation. The shades are nice and the liquid concealer is creamy enough for it not to be runny. It does not make me break out or dry out my skin, but I'm not satisfied as it doesn't cover my dark circles. It feels and look more like a foundation, and it does not give better coverage than an ordinary foundation. I probably won't buy this again..

rated 5 of 5 on 3/20/2012 1:26:00 AM More reviews by mcrish

I have increasingly become more and more snobbish about the quality of my makeup, and therefore I have begun to fork out more money for the better goods.

However, it has NOT been the case for my under-eye concealer (of all things!!!). I tried YSL's Touche Eclat, and my cool shade of True Match was just as satisfying for, like, a fraction of the cost and probably more product. This stuff is a gem. I'm sure some expensive undereye concealers may beat out True Match, but why pursue a $60 Cle de Peau concealer stick when a six dollar drugstore product does the job brilliantly?

rated 5 of 5 on 3/13/2012 3:31:00 PM More reviews by Coronet

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Hazel

This is the best. I use the cool version since I have pale skin and dark circles under my eyes. These completely cover it. I've used at least 10 bottles of this over the years. It's an excellent product, very creamy, doesn't crease or wear off all day.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/5/2012 6:09:00 PM More reviews by LionandtheLamb

I lovelovelove this product. It's the only thing that covers my dark circles and blemishes. It was $7.99 @ my local target, and 2/ a $2.00 off coupon, it became $5.99. It's creamy, and medium coverage which I pretty much need...

I might not buy it again though, because I learned that L'oreal tests on animals :(

rated 2 of 5 on 2/29/2012 7:08:00 AM More reviews by Silje01

At least this concealer doesn't trigger my impurities...

It doesn't give much coverage, and I need to use a brush. The colour is nice. It's ok, not more than that.

rated 3 of 5 on 2/24/2012 12:10:00 PM More reviews by hahalex21

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I've been using this concealer for over a year now, and I have mixed feelings about it. It's great for using under the eye, but it doesn't cover my acne or acne scars very well, and it dries the skin where I use it on blemishes. Strangely, it doesn't dry under my eyes much. I love the packaging, the small brush is great for application. I will continue to buy this product for the sole purpose of concealing dark under-eye circles, but I'm searching for a new product for the rest of my many blemishes.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 2/23/2012 12:01:00 AM More reviews by Journey03

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Olive, Warm Hair: Black, Relaxed, Medium Eyes: Brown

Surprisingly, I actually like this product. I bought this at my local CVS when they had the BOGO 50% off on L'Oreal products. I picked this up in W4-5 and it works better than most of my expensive concealers i currently have! I like the packaging - like a nail polish type applicator and it blends in creamy and the coverage is buildable. Definitely will repurchase if i run out.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/29/2012 11:41:00 PM More reviews by ohgeebus

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Brown

This is my go-to concealer. Loreal offers a large variety of colors (in warm, neutral, and cool tones) to choose from, so it was very easy finding a perfect match for me skin. Also, the range of tonal options allows you to pick different concealers for different concealer purposes (e.g. under eye circles vs. pimples).
I really like this concealer. It is very pigmented, which is great because I have very dark acne scars and under eye circles. Also, the applicator brush is very convenient. In the morning, I just sweep it under my eyes and blend it out. The product is very blendable, and you don't even need a concealer brush!
The only thing I would improve is the packaging. The concealer gets everywhere on the bottle, even if you're careful about not rubbing the brush accidentally on the rim of the bottle. It's also a hassle to wipe down the bottle.
Edit: I've found that the color for the True Match foundation does not correspond well with the True Match concealer. I bought a foundation with the same tone and color as my concealer (which is perfect on my skin), but the foundation was about two shades too light. My recommendation is not to rely on the color labeling but just do the old fashion method of checking your wrist.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/21/2012 10:59:00 PM More reviews by mirahvk

Blends well. Provides light coverage which I like, although I would never suggest it to anyone wanting full coverage. Lightened undereye circles maybe 70%. Good for the occasional blemish/spot coverage, but looks cakey and gross on larger areas (I don't need it on large areas anyway). I despise the packaging. It comes in a tube similar to lip gloss, with a completely useless synthetic hair brush with it that only blots jumbo drops onto your skin. The brush brings out WAY too much of the watery product- I keep accidentally getting way too much and having to waste it by blotting it off with a tissue. I was happy that it is small and compact, but I have to carry around a separate applicator with it. It sets in well with the matching True Match powder. I'd have given it a 3/5, but you pale girls know how hard it is to find a shade that matches you well enough - this True Match line deserves a full star just for that.