July 30, 2014 | 2075 users online

Concealers - L'Oreal - True Match Super-Blendable Concealer

rated 1 of 5 on 6/25/2012 10:51:00 AM More reviews by Lyra16

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

This did not work for me. It disappears very fast. It is buildable, yet above my hereditary dark under eye circles it looks ashy and sick and THEN it vanishes. Very water and translucent for under eyes, very light coverage for anything else. Disappointing yet expected as I find most of loreal's products of a play-makeup quality.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/21/2012 5:53:00 PM More reviews by NYCBeauty99

I don't use concealer that often. I usually use it when I'm going out and want to look really nice. I've actually only owned one other concealer, which was double the price of this. I definitely prefer this. It does a nice job covering dark circles under the eyes. It is very blend-able. All I do is put about three dots of concealer under my eyes. Then I pat the concealer to blend it in. Voila! Dark circles are gone. It looks great under my foundation, both L'oreal brand and others.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/20/2012 12:43:00 PM More reviews by sassymulletclub

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Other Eyes: Hazel

I bought this a few weeks ago and let me say this- It's the BEST concealer I've ever used! I have extremely dark circles under my eyes and I've tried so many different concealers, high-end and drugstore. I'm so happy I finally found my match <3 I brightens my eye area so well!!!! I will definately be re-purchasing this again! :)

rated 3 of 5 on 6/20/2012 5:07:00 AM More reviews by joziel

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

Dark circles under my eyes are the bane of my life and I have tried so many different products (and combinations of products) to find something which 1) conceals 2) looks natural and 3) lasts longer than a few hours.

I like this concealer, under my eyes. (I don't get acne really, so haven't used it elsewhere.) It is quite thick, and I put it on and then leave it to dry a bit before blending in.

To make it last and stay put, and to stop it from creasing, I use a very very tiny amount of Urban Decay eye primer (original) under the eye. I stress this is a very small amount, since it you put too much of the primer on, it dries out in patches. But without any primer at all, the concealer creases and doesn't stay put.

I use #3 (Cream), although I've found this slightly too light, especially in summer, so I'm about to try #4 (Beige), to see if that's better.

There is not much in each tube of this concealer, so I'm not sure it's the best deal for money.

Finally, it doesn't really last and kind of ends up ashy looking. But if reapplied, it will be ok.

rated 3 of 5 on 6/7/2012 12:12:00 PM More reviews by mrsmula01

I ADORE this product because it has excellent coverage, I tend to have dark circles every now and then and i use this concealer to cover them...you can barely tell i have dark circles after applying this product. One bad thing about it is that it tends to emphasise on lines and creases.
i would reccomend this to anyone who wants a concealer which provides excellent coverage :)

rated 5 of 5 on 5/22/2012 1:57:00 PM More reviews by akmcarpenoctem

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I am really lazy when it comes to concealers...I want one concealer to cover up my dark circles, acne, and any discoloration on my face. Some people have a few different concealers... i.e. one for acne, one for undereye circles. I am not that person.

I tried this concealer because it was one of the first in the drugstore to break up makeup based on skin tone...i.e. warm, cool, neutral. I gave it a try and I LOVE it.

It covered up discoloration really well. It covers up my dark circles well, too...but as long as I pat it in and don't rub it in. It covers acne decently as well. The tone matches my skin perfectly, too....FINALLY. I have very pale skin but it has this weird yellow tint to it....so I'm warm and pale, if that makes sense.

I definitely recommend this if you're looking for a reasonably-priced concealer.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 4/20/2012 9:54:00 PM More reviews by redmakeup

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium Eyes: Green

L'Oreal has a problem with all their concealers I have tried. I am not a Light, but I'm not a Light/Medium either, however I am in other lines(that have no problem matching my skintone). This is no different. I wear 3N in the foundation. I bought 1-2-3C concealer. The pink tone works very well to brighten up my under eyes and help conceal my dark circles. It does crease a little, but that can be fixed with a little powder. The pigmentation is good, but I would like it a little heavier. What I don't like is its too light and the 4-5C is too dark. I've had this problem with every L'Oreal Concealer I've tried. They are either too light or too dark. I'm a skintone 2 In Benefit Concealers, which match me perfectly. They need to adjust the skintone range and then I would love this, but as it stands its just a like. I do however like the fact that it is pink based, as yellow based concealers look horrible on me.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/9/2012 6:24:00 PM More reviews by CobraRose

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I wish I could rate this 4.5. The product itself deserves top honors, but the applicator is a brush instead of a sponge-tip, and isn't very workable. It can't be used like a concealer brush because it picks up too much product--more than a sponge tip would pick up. So I just dot some on with the tip of the brush, like I would with a sponge-tip, and then blend (quickly).
Speaking of blending--in spite of the name, this is not a "super-blendable" product, nor did I expect it to be. I got this because the Paula's Choice radio show said it was the closest thing to PC's discontinued No-Slip Concealer. I seem to have been the only person who bought that product, but I loved it and went through many tubes. Like the No-Slip Concealer, the L'Oreal True Match is a liquid concealer that works best on oilier skin. You have to blend quickly before it dries, but it stays in place well, including on eyelids. I have the lightest neutral shade, which is a good match for me. (I used to wear the PC concealer in Ivory Beige.)
My only other gripe with it is that you get less product for the price than with the old PC concealer, but hey, inflation will get us all.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 4/2/2012 7:30:00 PM More reviews by FaceofMaleah

Man I seem to be a junkie for drugstore products lately! I have been searching for a passable drugstore concealer for so long and this just might be it. I believe the shade I got was for neutral undertones and was the lightest shade in that category and it does live up to its name of probably being the truest match of any face product I have ever found. The concealer comes in a small jar with a brush applicator and is a very creamy consistency. I really love this concealer for under my eyes, it just brightens the area so well and covers up any dark circles. As for blemishes though, I did find that it stuck to them a bit and did not accentuate or make them look really bad, it just didn't really make them look a whole lot nicer. I did find that after about 6 hours, you did need to touch up the concealer. Overall, I really didn't mid this product but one thing I absolutely hated about it was how messy the little tube gets! Nearly every time I close up the tube, product spills out down the sides which isn't ideal because you're losing some of the product. I would repurchase if I was not in a situation when I could buy my beloved EL Double Wear Concealer.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/1/2012 6:46:00 PM More reviews by xoPaperPlanes

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

love how its a brush and not a doe foot (lip gloss like applicator)
its actually really great
it provides a natural (not matte and not dewy) finish
covers everything really nicely
PROS:
buildable medium coverage, not cakey, light, doesnt oxidize, lasts all day and doesnt look like a weird color when worn under natural light
CONS:
i cant really think of any
and i tried really hard
maybe that OH it dries fast so dont put it all over then blend
do a section at a time :)