Bobbi Brown Gel Eyeliner

4.3

BOBBI BROWN LONG-WEAR GEL EYELINER INGREDIENTS (2010): isododecane - cyclopentasiloxane - polyethylene - trimethylsiloxysilicate - disteardimonium hectorite - propylene carbonate - lecithin - phenyl trimethicone - hydrogenated polyisobutene - methicone - barium sulfate - bht - phenoxyethanol [ /- iron oxides (ci 77491, ci 77492, ci 77499) - mica - titanium dioxide (ci 77891) - blue 1 lake (ci 42090) - carmine (ci 75470) - chromium oxide greens (ci 77288) - manganese violet (ci 77742) - yellow 5 lake (ci 19140) - chromium hydroxide green (ci 77289) - bismuth oxychloride (ci 77163) - ultramarines (ci 77007) - ferric ferrocyanide (ci 77510)]

I have chocolate shimmer and denim ink. It seems to me that the quality depends on the formula of the colour; chocolate shimmer goes on beautifully. It's smooth, creamy and a lovely colour. I would definitely recommend it.

The denim ink, on the other hand seems to be a drier formula and does not go on so easily and has a tendency to flake while I'm using it. I find if I go slowly and draw in small segments I can get a straight line, but the blue particularly drags. I'd be interested to try the other colours, such as caviar, and see how well they apply.

Both of them seem to last well during the day and I've not had any problems with smudging, but then I only use it over the top lid.

on 10/3/2012 7:23:00 PM

This is my favorite gel liner. Some people have complained that it dried out quickly, but not for me! It has lasted so well over time. It glides on so easy and creamy, doesn't flake or wear off (except on water line a little bit). The black shade is so nice and rich. I LOVE IT!

on 9/8/2012 7:49:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Not Sure

Not long wear! So disappointed. Smudged and faded in about an hour on my trip to Hong Kong. Going to have to return this.

on 8/14/2012 5:57:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Had high hopes, was using MAC Blacktrack before. This Bobbi gel liner is just bad. It flakes after a few wear and I always ensure that the lid had been screwed and closed properly. So disappointing for the price tag. Will g back to MAC, why cant they match the quality? Both brands are owned by Estee Lauder.

on 8/12/2012 10:57:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Olive, Neutral

I was not impressed at all with this eyeliner. I had it for about two weeks and then it started to dry out. I heard very good reviews and it was highly recommended so I will not buy again. I think I may try mac's fluid line next. I did have their liquid eyeliner and wasn't impressed but I have heard the gel liner is better so I look forward to trying it.

on 8/9/2012 2:33:00 AM

Bobbi Brown Gel Eyeliner is the best gel eyeliner I've tried so far.

The application is easy and it won's budge until you decide to take it off.

I do not give this a five star because of the price and the fact that I have not tried MAC's fluidline.

on 8/6/2012 12:53:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Brown, Wavy, Other

I have this in balck and use it every day, its fantastic! It has an amazing satying power and is easy to apply (I use an angeled brush from Kiko). It does not smudge or fade and is easy to remove with make up remover. No cons! Really the ultimate eyeliner for me, no need to search anymore, I will definitively repurchase :)

on 7/17/2012 7:08:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

I would this liner is much more like a cream liner. It is very easy to apply , very smooth and suitable to be apply on waterline. But unfortunately, it SMUDGE like hell, my eyes were like raccoon few hours later after I applied this, even though I'm not sweating neither Under high temperature. I wouldn't recommend this to anyone but I think it works well for those who wanted to create a very smokey eye look.

on 7/16/2012 12:58:00 PM

Very disappointed with this product. Smeared 1 hour after applying. Will not buy again.

on 7/10/2012 5:37:00 PM

I was so excited for this eyeliner. I thought would have to scrub it off... Nope it comes off all on its own. How sweet right? No. I will admit I have this problem with all eyeliners, but for paying this much I expect wizard tears in the formula that make it stay.... Not the exact same formula as L'Oreal. Bobbi Brown... You let me down.