October 21, 2014 | 1005 users online

Hair Treatments - Biosilk - Silk Therapy

rated 5 of 5 on 9/17/2012 8:57:00 PM More reviews by thegirlonfire11

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I just got this yesterday and I'm already in love with it. I got the 5.64 fl. oz. at Costco for about $15. I used it on dry hair and it seriously made my hair look so healthy and shiny and it stayed like that until I washed it. It didn't make my hair oily at all which I love. The packaging is ok, but I think it would be better if it had a pump. It does leave your hands greasy after you use but its not that bad. The smell is ok. Overall I really like it, I used to use the moroccan argan oil from Organix but I think this one is a lot better. Will I buy this again? yes and I def recommend it.

rated 2 of 5 on 9/12/2012 9:54:00 PM More reviews by suzanne123

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

When I first started using this I loved it, it made my hair feel amazing, but as time passed my hair started to feel drier and started to break off, I researched it and figured this was the cause, I cut it out of my hair routine and my hair slowly started to become less frizzy, good for once in a whole not everyday, I would not repurchase

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/4/2012 11:44:00 PM More reviews by SimpleNSexy

This is the first leave-in conditioner I've ever tried and I'm not sure if I want to try others.
Price: ~$30 CAD
Pkg: squeeze bottle
Texture: oil-like; non-greasy
It has a baby oil scent (to me at least) but sweeter and better.
I run this through my hair before I use flat iron or curl my hair. My hair looks noticeably shinier and softer upon application.
Don't use too much else it'll get too shiny and risk looking greasy.
Since you only need a dime-size dollop per application, the price isn't that bad.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/4/2012 2:36:00 PM More reviews by Makeuplovie

am 21 and i've been using this product since 14 yrs. am very pleased with the results. i have long color treated hair that is dry and have split ends. i use it after my shower on towel dry hair(still damp) i have never use dit on soaking wet hair.i only use a quarter size or less sometimes and start bottom up on my hair. it eliminates frizz pretty well and leaves my hair soft and silky. seriously!!! it works really good. i let my hair air dry 95% of the time and sometimes i dont even have to straight it(my hair is already straight i just straight a little on the top to smooth out frizz) overall i love it. and you should try it.:) ps. you should check out ross/marshalls for it they have it sometimes for really cheap. i bougth my current bottle the biggest on at ross for 19.99!!!!

rated 3 of 5 on 9/1/2012 2:48:00 PM More reviews by mesloan

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Other, Cool Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine Eyes: Hazel

If I use the exact "right" amount this works better than anything I've ever used to get rid of the frizz. I am always rushing and sometimes I forget to "shake well" or I use too much and my hair is gross-hard to explain but I can't wait to wash it out. Other times, I don't use enough and it doesn't do anything. So, I don't know what to make of this product. I'm going to keep experimenting with it. I think it may work better for me if I I let my hair dry a little before applying.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/26/2012 4:51:00 AM More reviews by goldiebunny

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Great product keeps my color treated hair soft. Has a clean smell to it. Use a very small amount of the product. Or you will end up looking like grease is in your hair. It says its for skin also. I have not ever used it for that purpose.

rated 4 of 5 on 8/22/2012 7:18:00 PM More reviews by Karowin

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Red, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Hazel

I bought a small bottle at my local drugstore for $20 and thought that was a bit pricey. I found out later I could buy a larger one for $17 at the local Costco.
My hair is very porous, dry, and frizzy at the ends from multiple bleaching sessions. I find that I need to use about a quarter size each use, but I have thick long hair which sucks every product up like a sponge.
I find that this product works best after a shower on damp hair, where I start at the bottom and I take the residue left after and put it on the top of my head as well (I do not get greasy hair that often from product in general). My hair does feel a lot nicer, looks shiny, as long as I let it air dry. It's not as perfect as I'd like it to be but I can compare it to the Chi Silk Infusion and say they are both around the same.
I have tried using smaller amounts on my hair when it is dry, and it gives a polished look, but sometimes feels a bit oily. After a few hours this goes away.
I would and do plan to buy this again because it does give me the appearance of shiny hair, and leaves my roots and bangs very soft.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/7/2012 12:02:00 PM More reviews by ahuang300

Love the smell of this product. I always get compliments on the scent whenever I use it on my hair. However, it is a bit pricey for the amount of product you get in the bottle. Clear, silky gel/fluid that adds lots of shine to your hair. Great product.

rated 3 of 5 on 8/5/2012 3:32:00 PM More reviews by glamourbomb

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Combination, Olive, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

In a nutshell: Biosilk Silk Therapy does a fine job -- it does exactly what it advertises -- but keep reading if you want to understand how I use it and why I may not purchase it again when it runs out.

My sister turned me on to Biosilk Silk Therapy when she dyed my hair using a DIY at home box brand. She put it in at the end of the treatment and let my hair air dry. She also gave me about 2 oz for free with the advice to only use a little bit and that the entire bottle will last a very long time. (I think she said she had her current bottle for like 18 months or something like that.)

I've been using Biosilk Silk Therapy ever since but beware: Less is more!!!

I only use maybe 3 to 5 drops (less than a dime size) of the product. I start by freshly washed, towel blotted hair which means my hair is still damp.

Then I apply the product by rubbing it together in both hands and "praying" down my hair by starting at the ends and working my way up the mid section and never coming up more than 4 inches near my roots.

The results are soft, silky hair with a nice shine. In my case, it does not address any flyaways or frizzies.

If you use anywhere near your roots, it will suck. Your hair will appear greasy so just don't put it near your roots or like I've said before DO NOT USE a lot of it. Like maybe less than 5 drops max.

I don't like the smell of it though. The smell is also very strong and pervasive it interferes with my perfume.

While the product does it's job (as long as you follow the rule of "Less is more!!!") I probably will try something else when it runs out. My reasons are: a) the smell and b) the cost.

FWIW, I've heard that the original recipe has been changed and apparently this product is not what it used to be. Since I only started using it last year, I don't know if this is true.

rated 3 of 5 on 7/31/2012 12:11:00 PM More reviews by anonyym

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

It's fine... But the moroccanoil is my absolute fave!! I also like the orofluido oil more than Biosilk.