October 22, 2014 | 1705 users online

Lipstick - MAC - Lustre in High Tea

rated 4 of 5 on 1/13/2009 4:35:00 PM More reviews by Sulamith

All i have to say is wow! Thank you MuA I freaken love this website . I have finally found my HG thanks to the reviews i read yesterday! i bought this today and am loving it. The perfect nude pink for my NC30 skin. Not to ugly dead matt or brown, just a gorgeous pinky beige that i can pull of with a smoky eye AND my daily neautral makeup, all other nudes i have bought made me look washed out unless i had bold eye makeup...I will purchase over and over. Would have given five lippies if it was a bit more moisterizing but I LOVE LOVE LOVE...Thanks MUA!! No more spending on lippies!!

rated 5 of 5 on 1/13/2009 12:43:00 AM More reviews by AMANDAT89

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Neutral Hair: Black, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Hazel

i love love love this color! its a really good match for my skin tone (NC 35)

rated 5 of 5 on 12/21/2008 4:23:00 PM More reviews by kae0z

Perfect YLBB shade for me (NC30). It glides on easily as a lustre and due to the color you don't really need a mirror. Fast and easy way to give your lips a healthy look, even when they're chapped as hell underneath as the lippie covers up quite well for a lustre. I can wear High Tea everyday, as it looks natural enough for a bare look as well as it's perfect with a smokey eye. Staying power is only ok, but I got it duty free in Singapore so it's well worth the price. Will surely buy again when I run out - MAC makes the best shades for an acceptable price.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 9/26/2008 8:08:00 PM More reviews by HapaDynazty

This felt smooth going on and had pretty good lasting power. Although, looks a little frosty on me. Kinda gives my lips a "dry" look even though they are clearly not - I don't know why. I am a NC25 in Mac, Buff 2 in Lancome and Warm 2 in Alima for reference. I didn't give it a bad rating because the formula was good, just not the color.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/25/2008 9:05:00 AM More reviews by zeynep81

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I have no idea why I waited so long to review this great lippie! It's the perfect peachy-nude shade with great lustre finish and fine shimmer. I'm so happy to find a nude shade without brown in it. I love to wear it with smokey eyes but it works with everyday neutrals as well on me (NW20). I feel like I'm going to repurchase this in the future.

rated 4 of 5 on 9/5/2008 12:45:00 PM More reviews by SparkleToad

I got this at CCO in the Finery packaging. It's a mlbb shade. It hardly changes the shade of my lips, but it leaves a hint of peachy-nude shimmer. Almost like a slightly shimmery lip balm. It's a lustre, so it's not drying. I did, however, expect it to be a little more pigmented than it is. I'm a summer NC30 (and it's summer...lol) for reference.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/20/2008 4:56:00 PM More reviews by MakeupMamaofTwo

Just got High Tea in an order yesterday and I LOVE it !!! I was worried when I looked and saw it was very light in the tube. However...when applied it applies as the most perfect nude shade with a very slight hint of pink. Before this, Hug Me was my favorite shade....I like High Tea even better as its not as "brown" as Hug Me. Lustres are my favorite formula so that is always a plus.

For reference : I am NC25/30 ; brunette. Some of my favorite MAC shades : Hug Me, Screenqueen, ..VGV & VGVI glosses.

6 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 6/14/2008 9:54:00 PM More reviews by trigforner

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

such a perfect nude lip color. Has a slight peachy pink tint to it, but still being nude. I pair this with my smokey eyes and it looks so good. I love the consistency too, it's creamy and feels like I'm putting on butter (that's a good thing). Definitely a staple in my makeup collection.

rated 4 of 5 on 6/3/2008 2:48:00 PM More reviews by lilmisslainey

A peachy shimmery nude-ish color. It is very moisturizing which surprised me. However, on my pigmented lips, you could barely see it. It just looked like a hint of shimmer, which I could have achieved using those Burt's Bees lip shimmers which are 1/3 the price. It is a nice color though for someone who doesnt have very pigmented lips. I probably wouldnt get it again though just cause the color payoff is not there.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/27/2008 10:56:00 PM More reviews by Heechul

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Black

I would say this is a pinky-beige. Lustre, my favourite of all textures. Anyway, this was the first MAC lipstick I bought, back when it was in the High Tea collection. It was LE and I was all scared, so I went back to get it before it ran out, and to my delight, it was now permanent. I'm quite glad, because I'm already finishing the ends of my second tube of High Tea.

If I had to live with one lipstick for the rest of my life, it'd be high tea.

Edit: I've rebought this over 3 times now! :)