Chanel Cristalle

3.8

on 1/18/2006 7:02:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Cool

Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse

Add me to the list of people who love this fragrance! I never thought I would actually buy a Chanel perfume, because whenever I sniffed them from the test bottles they always made my nose curl. But after reading the reviews here, my curiousity grew, so during my next visit to Ulta I sprayed some Cristalle (the EDT) on my wrist. Needless to say, I loved it immediately. To me, it smells fresh and sweet, and similar to some perfume oils I once bought while I was in the Middle East. I can definitely pick up the honeysuckle notes, with my body chemistry it stands out a lot. Actually trying on fragrances rather than just smelling them from the bottles makes all the difference, as all of Chanel's scents that I've tried smell nothing like they do in the bottle when I wear them. My husband can't stop sniffing me whenever I wear this, and he claims it smells like fresh peas straight out of the pods (not sure if that's normally a good or bad thing, but he loves it). I also love the sample I have of No. 5, which hubby liked on me also. I would definitely buy this again, but next time I think I'll see if I can find it cheaper online, $55 for a perfume is pretty steep, even for me! =O

on 1/10/2006 5:16:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure

The edt is really green and has something dramatic in it.
A very dark green chypre.

For my personal tastes,i do prefer the edp,wich is more on the citrusy side in the top notes.
So,the review is about the edp version.
It is clear and cold but in a refreshing way,long lasting,charming...it also bubbles like a glass of Champagne.

Beautiful scent,like a joyous winter morning.
Androgynuous,it is easy to wear as a cologne with the wonderful sophistication of a real perfume.

Test it for summer...you might say it is perfect then!:)

on 12/3/2005 11:24:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

the best chanel fragrance yet

on 11/30/2005 6:43:00 PM

My Spring Chanel :)

"would you buy again?" yes this is what I did yesterday.
It's not as harsh as no. 19 but it's still a green scent to me.
It's better than Estee Lauder Aliage, I have In Love Again by YSL seems like a cousin.
I always feel great in this. Discovered it in FL school friends were there at a parents the dad was a plastic surgeon they had a gorgeous house directly on the beach. Their daugher that made me so envious had this scent when I went to use her toilet-had to get it. now I can't live with out it.

on 11/8/2005 9:15:00 PM

This is the only Chanel fragance that I like at all. I bought a bottle of EDP when I was about 15, and I am still on the same bottle 10 years later, I am surprised it has not gone bad. Needless to say, I don't wear it often, I have to be in the right mood, but I have been wearing it more often lately. I can't even tell you what it smells like, it just smells to me like clean, soapy skin, and when you first spray it, it does somehow smell sparkly. My husband loves it, when I asked him he described it as "yummy" and "floral".

on 11/6/2005 6:12:00 AM

One of the few scents that is fresh but not citrussy, or doesn't smell of baby's cologne.I'm not alone in thinking of it as a bit "masculine", and I'm not surprised that so many people wear it to work...I personally have worn it to every interview I've been too.
I've been wearing it since I was 14! (I'm 29 now), so yes, I'll buy it again!
Marie66

on 10/28/2005 12:03:00 AM

I love Cristalle and I think I always will. As a teacher, it's a great,light scent for workdays...not too overpowering..just light and pretty. I have worn it since I was in my 20's (late 1970's)and always got compliments on it. For daytime, Cristalle, but for nighttime or any other dress up, it has to be No.5!

Fresh, but with a hint of something sexy.

on 10/17/2005 5:51:00 PM

Cristalle is an incredibly boring fragrance to me. It is not bright or light or fresh as some describe it, but a cool, cold, absolutely non-feminine weird (mossy?) scent. I also, unlike other reviewers, can't find any citrusy notes in it. It lacks softness, life and sparkle and has a 'chemical', synthetic touch to it. It is not the worst type of fragrance but I would never buy or wear it.

Popular Fragrances