July 28, 2014 | 961 users online

Foundations - Philosophy - the supernatural airbrush canvas

rated 1 of 5 on 5/4/2008 2:40:00 AM More reviews by kpaxto1

I purchased this product after falling for the stellar write-up on the Philosophy Website. I was excited about the concept of an "airbrushed" look, as well as spf 15. I purchased the product in "natural," which claims to be for light complexions, but actually goes on rust-colored. There was nothing "airbrushed" about the look of this product. In fact, it went on cakey and gross, and sank into lines I didn't even know i had, augmenting them, and causing me to look like an old, crinkly-faced oompa loompa. It felt pasty and heavy as if my face were suffoccating. I even tried unscrewing the applicator sponge, and dipping a powder brush into the loose powder, to see if applying it that way would make any difference. It didn't. Returned it the next day.

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 1 of 5 on 4/26/2008 12:33:00 AM More reviews by shep77375

Hello, I was hoping to really like this product, sorry I really dislike it. I will not say I hate it, the one good thing I can say is that it did not cause any breakouts. I tried to apply it many diffrent ways, on clean bare skin, on well dried sunscreen, with two diffrent primers, with the puff, and with a brush. The coverage was ok, nothing to write home about. For me it made it's home in every pore on my face. It was one step away from a flashing sign saying '' Stop Look At Her Pores"! I will return this to Sephora, they have an awesome return policy. If you try this product I hope it works better for you, good luck.

rated 3 of 5 on 4/23/2008 5:58:00 PM More reviews by kkat989

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I LOVED LOVED LOVED THIS FOUNDATION ugh... i was really disappointed this could not work for me though.
i bought it when i went to las vegas on a family vacation, i saw sephora went in and KNEW i had to buy it. the salesperson saw my skin and recommended the beige.. which was a big mistake. i usually test my foundations on the top of my hands and it looked fine in the store--but on my face it looked so white. im a NC 30-35 and the foundation was just TOO pale for me. but there were some good things about it... i guess ill do a pro and cons list:

PROS
1. IT MADE ME GLOOWWWWWWW
i looked so healthy and vibrant, it was just unbelievable
2. IT MELTS INTO YOUR SKIN!!!!!!!!
just glides on.. its so easy to apply and it didnt take that long for me to buff it on.
3. it had the most natural finish... =)
4. it didnt cause me to break out
5. the packaging was great, it isnt like those annoying mineral powders where the product is in those jars that are so hard to open AND close.. and when you DO get to open it.. the product SPILLS OUT and its EVERYWHERE... al;sdfkjdlaskfj makes me so mad!

so those are the pros... unfortunately, here are the cons

CONS:
1. they made me very oily... (but then again this may not be a problem for you if you dont have oily skin)
2. the finish was TOO natural... too sheer.. it showed my flaws... and i couldnt find the right concealer to wear underneath it
3. by the end of the day, the foundation disappeared...
4. love the packaging .. hate the sponge thing at the top.
IT TOOK ME FOREVER, I MEAN FOREVER just to get foundation ON the sponge. it tells you to keep SHAKING it or something but i continued to do this... until there was TOO much on the sponge.. also, the sponge made it very difficult for me to buff the foundation on.
5. it was the wrong color on my... their color selection isnt as vast as everyday minerals.
6. too expensive.

but for the people who this will probably work for i have a few tips.
1. oily people do NOT use this... if youre a combination or dry... please invest in a mattifying lotion and use this underneath.. it will save you!!
2. if the sponge applicator does not work for you, just take it off, put some underneath the cap, dip your brush in to put a little product and BUFF IT ON ..
3. some people find it too glittery, so i'd finish this with some sort of mineral veil or finishing dust... i recommend any of the finishing or silk dusts at everyday minerals.
4. if the color choice is really the only thing that doesnt work out for you.. and you just happen to have other mineral powders that are darker shades or lighter shades.. dont be afraid to mix them together.
5. if you find that that this isnt the one for you: i recommend everyday minerals.. good color selection, formulas for oily and dry skins AND ITS DIRT CHEAP.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 4/19/2008 10:30:00 PM More reviews by sakecat22

This stuff made me break out. Also didn't like the installed puff. Tough to clean and I felt like I had no control over how much product wound up on my face. Wound up having to follow up each attempt at application with mad brushing to get off the excess. Tried to like it for 3 months. Wound up in the trash.

rated 3 of 5 on 4/13/2008 4:17:00 PM More reviews by AgentChic

I didn't think this was a good product at first until I "really" used it. Meaning beating my face with the sponge so the powder would come out.

None the less, it gives me great coverage like most foundations do. And I like that it's a powder foundation. It really does make my face look airbrushed. Beautiful. But I'm not a foundation person, and I was hoping for a lighter coverage since I don't really need that much on my face. Although I like the idea that it has spf 15 within the make up.

And the packaging could be better. I don't like the idea that it has an attached sponge on the lid already...therefore I can't clean it properly. Gross. Eh, it's just not for me...but it was a great investment just to say I have tried it.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/11/2008 8:27:00 PM More reviews by karisaamy

I got this last week and I love it. It is a great mineral foundation, without the mess of a mineral foundation. It comes in the best packageing ever. The powder moves from the pot through a puff that you put directly onto your face. It has great coverage, and the color works wonders with my skin tone. It only comes in 7 colors would be the only drawback.

rated 3 of 5 on 4/10/2008 8:51:00 PM More reviews by petal88

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Black

Great if used for really light coverage, it comes with it's own attached puffer which makes it a lot easier (and less messy), however, I still prefer liquid foundations, it just feels heavy on my face!

rated 3 of 5 on 4/5/2008 6:57:00 PM More reviews by kytteninlove

I've been using this foundation for over a year (on & off). I have a love/hate relationship with it. Some days it works great, others it does not.

Pros: packaging is more user friendly than most mineral makeups; does give an "airbrushed" appearence; did not break me out; no yucky smells; easy to apply; did not have too much of an issue with the colors, I am part asian so my skin is light to medium - had to mix the natural color and bronze color and it worked out fine.

Cons: as with most mineral makeup, gives minimual coverage; not good for bad skin days as it will show any dry areas or cake in creases; wears off fairly quickly; not as buildable as they claim; cost is higher than its worth

Overall I think this product is good especially for those with normal to oily skin and who don't need much coverage. I find its great for the beach (yes, I wear makeup to the beach!) or on days when you are in a hurry.

rated 1 of 5 on 4/4/2008 11:24:00 AM More reviews by djxsugax

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

SO disappointed. Nothing about this product worked for me. It didn't cover my blemishes and the color was horrible. I even tried their lightest shade and it was really orangey. I was really hoping this would be a could alternative to the MAC studio fix. Still searching for the perfect foundation :0(

rated 2 of 5 on 3/31/2008 8:27:00 PM More reviews by whitney88

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

EDIT::: I hate this foundation. It does not last. LM Mineral Makeup is 100 times better then this!

I have had this foundation for about a month now and I think I can now write a review for it. I have been using Bare Minerals for years and I have always hated it. The only reason why I kept on using it was because it was the ONLY foundation that did not break me out. Well I finally had enough of Bare Minerals, and got this foundation because of the rave reviews.

The first time I used it I used the sponge applicator and found it easy but didn't cover much. The second time I used this with brush and it gave my skin a beautiful glow. This foundation leaves my skin looking airbrushed. It doesn't get patchy and orange like Bare Minerals. I have VERY oily skin and this foundation lasts. I find that through out the day the more oiler my face gets, the foundation looks even better! The best part is that it does not break me out =)!

I only gave it four lippies because it does not cover much. I have many acne scars that needs a lot of coverage. I use a concealer before putting on the foundation and my skin looks amazing.

So far I love it, but it has only been a month. As of now this is my new HG.