Sebastian Potion 9

4.1

Water, Glycerin, Guarhydroxypropyltrimonumchloride, Jojoba Seed Oil, Safflower Seed Oil, Hydroxyethylcellulose, PVP, Cetearyl Alcohol, Methyl Gluceth-10, Hydrolyzed Wheat Protein, Hydrolyzed Soy Protein, Fragrance, Panthenol, Imdazoudinyl Urea, Methylparaben, Amodimethicone, Polysorbate 60, Propylparaben, Olive Fruit Oil, Orbigyna Olefera Seed Oil, Evening Primrose Oil, Disodium EDTA, Stearalkonum Chloride, Sesame Seed Oil, Ethyl Hexyl Methoxycinnamate, Hydrolyzed Silk, Tetrasodium EDTA, Rice Bran Oil, Citric Acid, Orange 4, Camellia Sinesis Extract, Willow Bark Extract, Ext. Violet 2, Red 40 (2012 formula)

on 8/5/2008 10:52:00 PM

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine

My hairdresser recommended this product for my thick, frizzy, wavy hair. She's even used it a few times on my hair after cutting it. I always though it was only "okay", yet I bought it anyways. Not sure what I was thinking, except maybe that my hairdresser knew better than I.
Well, after buying it and using a whole tube, I was not impressed. It did nothing for my frizz, and actually made my hair feel more dry. It did keep the curl very well in my hair either. I will not repurchase.

on 8/3/2008 11:36:00 PM

this is my HG of leave in conditioners! i have very thick straight highlighted hair. i love the way potion 9 makes my hair look after i am done styling it. not to crazy about the scent but it wears off pretty fast. i get frizzy sometimes and this stops the frizzies. i will never stop using this!

on 8/1/2008 5:27:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

This product smelled pretty good but no way am I buying this again! It makes my hair feel as if it coats each strand with some type of build up causing the hair strands stick to each other and get tangled. Once the hair drys I brush it and the hair is so tangled that it breaks off! I'm so not satisfied with it at all. I don't recommend it to someone with thick coarse frizzy hair.

on 7/31/2008 4:05:00 AM

I have been using this stuff for about a decade. Its expensive but if you have long frizzy curly mositure starved hair like me, its worth it.you really have to use it enough times, and put enough (but not too much) on your hair to notice a difference. Concentrate on the ends and rub the residue on your hands on the top of your head. Comb through. At this point I keep my hands off my hair till its dry. It leaves my hair soft, shiny and defined. Realy helps bring hair back after being flat ironed. I've tried other stuff but I always come back to this. Got my mom hooked. Her hair looks awesome.cut the bottle open when your out for one last use. If you use other products, put this one on first after you wash. Your gel will work better.

on 7/3/2008 8:26:00 PM

I have purchased this numerous times even though it does nothing for my thick, curly, past the shoulders hair. I keep thinking that I must be missing something as it seems to work for so many people. I have no idea why it comes in that rediculous tube, which actually cracks and is hard on the hands. Will not repurchase...I'm giving up and admitting that this one is not for me.

on 6/25/2008 8:00:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Cool

This was good to use before I found better products. If you want something merely average, that's all you'll get. Try Tigi, Redken or Joico instead.

on 5/26/2008 2:10:00 PM

Great Product for thick hair. Especially when you are rollersetting. I have both the original and i also bought the Sally's generic one out of curiosity. I was surprised to find out that the generic one works even better. Its a little bit creamier and doesnt leave it as crunchy and only 6 bucks.

on 5/24/2008 11:27:00 AM

I bought this on recommendation of my hairdresser after getting a digital perm. Aim of the product was to style as well as condition. When I apply this to wet hair and then style my curls, it dries to a 'stiff' finish. In addition, it doesn't do much in preventing my hair from getting frizzy and wild...
I then stopped using this on wet hair and starting using it on dry (to tame the frizzies) - much better! Leaves hair shiny and curls defined.

I won't repurchase this as a styling product for curls, but will try it out on my straight hair (once my perm disappears) to see how it works then.

on 5/7/2008 10:14:00 AM

PAST EXPERIENCES

O.k...so I was referred onto this product by a friend (who has beautiful hair). I was a little sceptical, because I've been referred to products by friends before who have different types of hair --> and it hasn't worked for me. For example, a girl with naturally fine, silky hair raved and raved to me about Kerastase masks...and I found they did nothing for hair.

MY HAIR
For the record my hair is flyway, very, very fine, but LOTS and LOTS of it, and has a wave to it. It was also (pre sebastian) incredibly dry, and straw-like. This was to the point that my work collegues would drop hints about conditioning treatments etc. So..basically it was bad.

THE PRODUCT
This potion, has saved my hair from total diaster....it has saved it even though it's been bleached to hell and back, and now has red permanent dye through it. My hair is looking shiny, silky....even Liv Tyler-like.

Trust me...for my hair, that's pretty incredible! Sebastian Potion #9 is basically a protein treatment (which i've learnet from trial and error, my hair needs....conditioners with plant oils and vitamins etc just don't work for me). After washing and conditioning, I towel dry is and rub quite a few sqeezes of the treatment in. I then add a bit of Wella Professional anti-flyaway treatment and I'm pretty much good to go. I then have the choice of letting it air drying as is, or GHD-ing (which give it it's Liv Tyler look).

Basically...I'm still blown away. Thank you Sebastian #9!!!

on 4/30/2008 11:41:00 PM

I've tried almost every expensive product on the market & go back to 9. It's old school, but works on fine hair like nothing else, & doesn't seem to build up gunk & weight the hair down.

Top Rated Sebastian Products