Sebastian Potion 9

4.1

Water, Glycerin, Guarhydroxypropyltrimonumchloride, Jojoba Seed Oil, Safflower Seed Oil, Hydroxyethylcellulose, PVP, Cetearyl Alcohol, Methyl Gluceth-10, Hydrolyzed Wheat Protein, Hydrolyzed Soy Protein, Fragrance, Panthenol, Imdazoudinyl Urea, Methylparaben, Amodimethicone, Polysorbate 60, Propylparaben, Olive Fruit Oil, Orbigyna Olefera Seed Oil, Evening Primrose Oil, Disodium EDTA, Stearalkonum Chloride, Sesame Seed Oil, Ethyl Hexyl Methoxycinnamate, Hydrolyzed Silk, Tetrasodium EDTA, Rice Bran Oil, Citric Acid, Orange 4, Camellia Sinesis Extract, Willow Bark Extract, Ext. Violet 2, Red 40 (2012 formula)

on 7/31/2008 4:05:00 AM

I have been using this stuff for about a decade. Its expensive but if you have long frizzy curly mositure starved hair like me, its worth it.you really have to use it enough times, and put enough (but not too much) on your hair to notice a difference. Concentrate on the ends and rub the residue on your hands on the top of your head. Comb through. At this point I keep my hands off my hair till its dry. It leaves my hair soft, shiny and defined. Realy helps bring hair back after being flat ironed. I've tried other stuff but I always come back to this. Got my mom hooked. Her hair looks awesome.cut the bottle open when your out for one last use. If you use other products, put this one on first after you wash. Your gel will work better.

on 7/3/2008 8:26:00 PM

I have purchased this numerous times even though it does nothing for my thick, curly, past the shoulders hair. I keep thinking that I must be missing something as it seems to work for so many people. I have no idea why it comes in that rediculous tube, which actually cracks and is hard on the hands. Will not repurchase...I'm giving up and admitting that this one is not for me.

on 6/25/2008 8:00:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Cool

This was good to use before I found better products. If you want something merely average, that's all you'll get. Try Tigi, Redken or Joico instead.

on 5/26/2008 2:10:00 PM

Great Product for thick hair. Especially when you are rollersetting. I have both the original and i also bought the Sally's generic one out of curiosity. I was surprised to find out that the generic one works even better. Its a little bit creamier and doesnt leave it as crunchy and only 6 bucks.

on 5/24/2008 11:27:00 AM

I bought this on recommendation of my hairdresser after getting a digital perm. Aim of the product was to style as well as condition. When I apply this to wet hair and then style my curls, it dries to a 'stiff' finish. In addition, it doesn't do much in preventing my hair from getting frizzy and wild...
I then stopped using this on wet hair and starting using it on dry (to tame the frizzies) - much better! Leaves hair shiny and curls defined.

I won't repurchase this as a styling product for curls, but will try it out on my straight hair (once my perm disappears) to see how it works then.

on 5/7/2008 10:14:00 AM

PAST EXPERIENCES

O.k...so I was referred onto this product by a friend (who has beautiful hair). I was a little sceptical, because I've been referred to products by friends before who have different types of hair --> and it hasn't worked for me. For example, a girl with naturally fine, silky hair raved and raved to me about Kerastase masks...and I found they did nothing for hair.

MY HAIR
For the record my hair is flyway, very, very fine, but LOTS and LOTS of it, and has a wave to it. It was also (pre sebastian) incredibly dry, and straw-like. This was to the point that my work collegues would drop hints about conditioning treatments etc. So..basically it was bad.

THE PRODUCT
This potion, has saved my hair from total diaster....it has saved it even though it's been bleached to hell and back, and now has red permanent dye through it. My hair is looking shiny, silky....even Liv Tyler-like.

Trust me...for my hair, that's pretty incredible! Sebastian Potion #9 is basically a protein treatment (which i've learnet from trial and error, my hair needs....conditioners with plant oils and vitamins etc just don't work for me). After washing and conditioning, I towel dry is and rub quite a few sqeezes of the treatment in. I then add a bit of Wella Professional anti-flyaway treatment and I'm pretty much good to go. I then have the choice of letting it air drying as is, or GHD-ing (which give it it's Liv Tyler look).

Basically...I'm still blown away. Thank you Sebastian #9!!!

on 4/30/2008 11:41:00 PM

I've tried almost every expensive product on the market & go back to 9. It's old school, but works on fine hair like nothing else, & doesn't seem to build up gunk & weight the hair down.

on 4/29/2008 3:27:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

Hair: Brown, Curly, Fine

Now that Spring is here, my hair is extremely unruly and nasty. This helps to keep the nastiness to a minimum. It makes my dry, curly hair feel a little more hydrated and it makes it less poofy. I'll add more when I try it some more times.

Hair: Blond, Other, Fine

I had the opportunity to receive a sample of this product form a very generous swapper… and I am glad she did it. She reviewed it below and I have to agree that this Potion 9 is really a magical potion! I have very thin, coloured hair and whatever leave-in condition I use will build up and make my hair DIRTY after half a day (many rinse conditioners & masks to that as well to me so it’s really hard for me to find a good hair treatment product). But this one did not. It left my hair soft and in a way better condition that it was before (being coloured it’s very porous) I cannot say “shiny” but it was looking OK and… my hair was still clean (I mean not heavy nor greasy due to the product) the following day! As per now I am totally satisfied and will update after longer use.

on 4/19/2008 7:59:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral

This is not so much a smoothing silicone type product, but is a lightly holding texturizing product. It seems ideal for very fine, porous hair.

The fragrance is a little artificial smelling, but it does not linger. I use it daily before blowdrying and it is the only product I have repurchased over and over again for the last five years.

Popular Styling Products