Sebastian Potion 9

4.1

Water, Glycerin, Guarhydroxypropyltrimonumchloride, Jojoba Seed Oil, Safflower Seed Oil, Hydroxyethylcellulose, PVP, Cetearyl Alcohol, Methyl Gluceth-10, Hydrolyzed Wheat Protein, Hydrolyzed Soy Protein, Fragrance, Panthenol, Imdazoudinyl Urea, Methylparaben, Amodimethicone, Polysorbate 60, Propylparaben, Olive Fruit Oil, Orbigyna Olefera Seed Oil, Evening Primrose Oil, Disodium EDTA, Stearalkonum Chloride, Sesame Seed Oil, Ethyl Hexyl Methoxycinnamate, Hydrolyzed Silk, Tetrasodium EDTA, Rice Bran Oil, Citric Acid, Orange 4, Camellia Sinesis Extract, Willow Bark Extract, Ext. Violet 2, Red 40 (2012 formula)

I Still dont understand, after years of fussing about hair products, what the big deal with this stuff is - I cannot use it for more than 2 days otherwise my ends feel like a crunchy mess - and i've tried a million different amounts - dime size, quarter size, pea size - i still feel like my head is coated with potato chips - crunchy and dry - i wished i liked it though... i like the way the stuff feels in my hand... but NOT in my hair....

Skin: Oily, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium

Potion 9 makes my hair INCREDIBLY shiny! Like nothing I have ever used before. It also helps me with my very minimal frizz and makes my hair very soft. For reference, I have thick-ish hair, but every individual hair is fine. It is also a little dry because I heat style it everyday. Potion 9 never fails to make my hair look healthier and it is a staple in my hair care regimen.

I bought this bottle after reading such great reviews everywhere. Lord, made my hair sticky and if i applied a gel on my hair. i didnt like it at all...Im still wondering what is so good about this product...

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine

My hairdresser recommended this product for my thick, frizzy, wavy hair. She's even used it a few times on my hair after cutting it. I always though it was only "okay", yet I bought it anyways. Not sure what I was thinking, except maybe that my hairdresser knew better than I.
Well, after buying it and using a whole tube, I was not impressed. It did nothing for my frizz, and actually made my hair feel more dry. It did keep the curl very well in my hair either. I will not repurchase.

this is my HG of leave in conditioners! i have very thick straight highlighted hair. i love the way potion 9 makes my hair look after i am done styling it. not to crazy about the scent but it wears off pretty fast. i get frizzy sometimes and this stops the frizzies. i will never stop using this!

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

This product smelled pretty good but no way am I buying this again! It makes my hair feel as if it coats each strand with some type of build up causing the hair strands stick to each other and get tangled. Once the hair drys I brush it and the hair is so tangled that it breaks off! I'm so not satisfied with it at all. I don't recommend it to someone with thick coarse frizzy hair.

I have been using this stuff for about a decade. Its expensive but if you have long frizzy curly mositure starved hair like me, its worth it.you really have to use it enough times, and put enough (but not too much) on your hair to notice a difference. Concentrate on the ends and rub the residue on your hands on the top of your head. Comb through. At this point I keep my hands off my hair till its dry. It leaves my hair soft, shiny and defined. Realy helps bring hair back after being flat ironed. I've tried other stuff but I always come back to this. Got my mom hooked. Her hair looks awesome.cut the bottle open when your out for one last use. If you use other products, put this one on first after you wash. Your gel will work better.

I have purchased this numerous times even though it does nothing for my thick, curly, past the shoulders hair. I keep thinking that I must be missing something as it seems to work for so many people. I have no idea why it comes in that rediculous tube, which actually cracks and is hard on the hands. Will not repurchase...I'm giving up and admitting that this one is not for me.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Cool

This was good to use before I found better products. If you want something merely average, that's all you'll get. Try Tigi, Redken or Joico instead.

Great Product for thick hair. Especially when you are rollersetting. I have both the original and i also bought the Sally's generic one out of curiosity. I was surprised to find out that the generic one works even better. Its a little bit creamier and doesnt leave it as crunchy and only 6 bucks.

Popular Styling Products