April 18, 2014 | 1913 users online

Styling Products - Sebastian - Potion 9

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 5/24/2008 11:27:00 AM More reviews by dralim

Age: 25-29 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I bought this on recommendation of my hairdresser after getting a digital perm. Aim of the product was to style as well as condition. When I apply this to wet hair and then style my curls, it dries to a 'stiff' finish. In addition, it doesn't do much in preventing my hair from getting frizzy and wild...
I then stopped using this on wet hair and starting using it on dry (to tame the frizzies) - much better! Leaves hair shiny and curls defined.

I won't repurchase this as a styling product for curls, but will try it out on my straight hair (once my perm disappears) to see how it works then.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/7/2008 10:14:00 AM More reviews by enolf

PAST EXPERIENCES

O.k...so I was referred onto this product by a friend (who has beautiful hair). I was a little sceptical, because I've been referred to products by friends before who have different types of hair --> and it hasn't worked for me. For example, a girl with naturally fine, silky hair raved and raved to me about Kerastase masks...and I found they did nothing for hair.

MY HAIR
For the record my hair is flyway, very, very fine, but LOTS and LOTS of it, and has a wave to it. It was also (pre sebastian) incredibly dry, and straw-like. This was to the point that my work collegues would drop hints about conditioning treatments etc. So..basically it was bad.

THE PRODUCT
This potion, has saved my hair from total diaster....it has saved it even though it's been bleached to hell and back, and now has red permanent dye through it. My hair is looking shiny, silky....even Liv Tyler-like.

Trust me...for my hair, that's pretty incredible! Sebastian Potion #9 is basically a protein treatment (which i've learnet from trial and error, my hair needs....conditioners with plant oils and vitamins etc just don't work for me). After washing and conditioning, I towel dry is and rub quite a few sqeezes of the treatment in. I then add a bit of Wella Professional anti-flyaway treatment and I'm pretty much good to go. I then have the choice of letting it air drying as is, or GHD-ing (which give it it's Liv Tyler look).

Basically...I'm still blown away. Thank you Sebastian #9!!!

rated 5 of 5 on 4/30/2008 11:41:00 PM More reviews by lauriebeth

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I've tried almost every expensive product on the market & go back to 9. It's old school, but works on fine hair like nothing else, & doesn't seem to build up gunk & weight the hair down.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 4/29/2008 3:27:00 PM More reviews by monkeysss

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Curly, Fine Eyes: Blue

Now that Spring is here, my hair is extremely unruly and nasty. This helps to keep the nastiness to a minimum. It makes my dry, curly hair feel a little more hydrated and it makes it less poofy. I'll add more when I try it some more times.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/21/2008 10:27:00 AM More reviews by condesadepitimini

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Other, Fine Eyes: Green

I had the opportunity to receive a sample of this product form a very generous swapper… and I am glad she did it. She reviewed it below and I have to agree that this Potion 9 is really a magical potion! I have very thin, coloured hair and whatever leave-in condition I use will build up and make my hair DIRTY after half a day (many rinse conditioners & masks to that as well to me so it’s really hard for me to find a good hair treatment product). But this one did not. It left my hair soft and in a way better condition that it was before (being coloured it’s very porous) I cannot say “shiny” but it was looking OK and… my hair was still clean (I mean not heavy nor greasy due to the product) the following day! As per now I am totally satisfied and will update after longer use.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/19/2008 7:59:00 AM More reviews by rtaylor01

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

This is not so much a smoothing silicone type product, but is a lightly holding texturizing product. It seems ideal for very fine, porous hair.

The fragrance is a little artificial smelling, but it does not linger. I use it daily before blowdrying and it is the only product I have repurchased over and over again for the last five years.

rated 1 of 5 on 4/6/2008 12:53:00 AM More reviews by soniawonia

Not big on this. It's gooey and sticky. Makes my hair feel built up, gross, and sticky. All without frizz control. Maybe for someone with short hair that perfect and doesn't need anything else. I also dont like the aluminum tube as it gets holes in it if you accidently fold it or anything.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/29/2008 12:46:00 AM More reviews by brynlei

I'm a hair-color fanatic and on my fine hair, that can be quite damaging. I've been using this product for almost 10 years. My hair stays shiny & healthy looking and doesn't get weighed down at all. I will also mix this in my palm with my mousse (or whatever I'm using at the time) and it gives a good result that way as well. Love this stuff!

rated 3 of 5 on 3/28/2008 9:51:00 AM More reviews by rigatoni28

Pricey and no better than the less expensive leave in conditioner/treatments I have tried. I have straight hair. Someone with curly or very wavy hair might get different results.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/24/2008 3:05:00 PM More reviews by hisgirldee

i love this product. I have curly hair that loves to frizz out like crazy but i started using this and i've seen such an incredible difference. I just put some on my damp hair and run out of the house and later in the day guess what? NO frizzies. (: it's awesome!