August 28, 2014 | 1757 users online

Pressed Powders - Rimmel - Stay Matte Pressed Powder

rated 3 of 5 on 4/28/2014 8:25:00 PM More reviews by mia315

this powder was really inexpensive, it was $4.99 and it did a decent job. its claim "natural shine for 5 hours" and i totally agree. this powder only lasts for 5 hours and im not totally matte because of the natural shine its giving. i have this in the shade 005 Silky Beige and it doesnt give me any coverage at all. the thing i really really like is that i can pile this on my face and it wont look cakey or break me out. it does have a scent though so if you have sensitive skin i dont know if this will work for you. it feels great on the skin and its super smooth. the last thing i can say about this is that it has a really bad packaging. i have not dropped mine yet or taken it anywhere like it just sits on my vanity but theres already a crack on the lid. hope this helped! :)

rated 2 of 5 on 4/27/2014 6:06:00 PM More reviews by lildzik

This makes me look so chalky every time. It sticks to the small hairs on your face and highlights every dry patch, pore, and imperfection. I can't stand it.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/27/2014 4:43:00 PM More reviews by CosmeticIntuition

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Dry, Dark, Cool Hair: Black, Kinky, Coarse Eyes: Brown

Product: I have darker skin so I bought this in 001 Transparent. The powder has the Rimmel Crown design in it and has a fresh, clean smell. I used it to set my makeup with E.L.F's Studio Kabuki face brush. It didn't do much for the appearance of my makeup, but it did keep my face looking matte the entire day, so it did what it claimed to do... but it gave my face a slight white cast which I didn't like at all. I wouldn't buy it again, not because it doesn't work, but because it made my face look pale even though it claimed to be transparent. So if you are a fair-skinned person, by all means, buy this. It works. But ladies of color, don't get this!

rated 4 of 5 on 4/23/2014 4:15:00 PM More reviews by maariyaloves

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Olive, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I have oily skin, and have tried every powder but my makeup would always slip off. This powder kept my makeup on for 5-6 hours and is perfect to use during winter. In summer it slips off of my face easily and stays on my face for 3-4 hours but i just apply more throughout the day and its perfect.

rated 3 of 5 on 4/23/2014 2:13:00 PM More reviews by Jennirocketz

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine Eyes: Brown

I really hate the packaging the lid doesnt even screw on... Now in terms of the smell its amazing and the texture is chalky not finely milled but soft! The price you cant beat but does it do anything for my T-zone? N O ! I dont know why people like it and youtubers rave about it but for me it just sucks lasts about 2 hrs on me.. Maybe I'll repurchase since its better some powder than none if im on a budget but other than that I dont like it!

rated 5 of 5 on 4/23/2014 2:05:00 PM More reviews by Elisalovesmakeup

this is brilliant i have tryed high end low end and i really like this powder it stays on all day i bought this about 3 years ago and loved it i auto-maticly told my friends to buy some and they did and since we have all used the same powder for 3 years i use 5 a year beacuse i use a lot and use it everyday. i would tottaly recomend this like i already have its brilliant!

rated 4 of 5 on 4/20/2014 3:14:00 PM More reviews by serendipity764

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Ok guys, I have the OILEST skin. It's an oil spill within 45 minutes. I've tried milk of magnesia, tons of powders, BB creams, foundations, everything. The 2 best setting powders I've found are this one and MAC blot powder. This one is not as good as the MAC blot powder, but for $2.99usd versus $25usd, I'm going to keep on buying good old Rimmel. The cons are that this is not as finely milled as higher end powders, which means it looks cakey if you need to reapply Thus, I save my MAC blot powder for touch ups because that never gets cakey. Also, MAC sadly does a better job at keeping shine at bay for long (I have to blot with both powders). Also, I have neutral to yellow undertones, but these Rimmel powders all seem to have pink undertones, so the colors aren't a perfect match. On days when I need to look my best or have a long day at the hospital, I use Hourglass immaculate foundation- it is the oily skin holy grail - with this or MAC powder on top.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/17/2014 4:36:00 PM More reviews by bethanydb

the best matte powder I have ever used! I have oily skin, especially in summer, and I typically don't have to blot when using this. works well over any liquid foundation and immediately takes the shine away. great price, great product, only not a fan of the packaging!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/17/2014 7:59:00 AM More reviews by madeupmary

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Grey

I absolutely love this product and the best thing is, I wasn't expecting to like it at all. I've read great reviews about this online and on You Tube videos but kept putting off buying it because I prefer loose powders to pressed powders and prefer something more high end.

Although this is called "Stay Matte" I do not find the finish to be too matte. I have naturally dry/combination skin and prefer a radiant finish to a matte finish, so was surprised I liked this. The key is to apply sparingly, I imagine if you used a lot it would look cakey, but this is the case with most powders. I love how this product makes my skin look, airbrushed and my pores are minimized. It claims to last up to 5 hours, but I find it lasts even longer than that, only having to touch up once during the day.

This powder feels really silky on the skin and more expensive than a 3.99 product. It does have a distinct talc smell, but this shouldn't be much of a surprise given that the first ingredient is talc. If you press the powder between your fingers it almost feels creamy and the pigmentation is just right - not too much or too little.

The only thing I hate is the packaging. I prefer pressed powders to come with a mirror and possibly somewhere for a brush and the plastic top looks very cheap, but for a 3.99 product, I can't complain!

rated 4 of 5 on 4/17/2014 3:30:00 AM More reviews by makeupreviews97

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Other, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

I'm not really sure what the hype about this product is? It's an alright powder but I don't see why it's so popular! It doesn't have allot of pigmentation and it keeps me just as matte as any other powder does. Also the packaging feels cheap and flimsy.. It's an alright powder and I might re purchase as it is so affordable and doesn't brake me out but it's also not a holy grail of mine.