Rimmel Stay Matte Pressed Powder

3.8

TALC,MAGNESIUM STEARATE, POLYETHYLENE, PETROLATUM, PHENYL TRIMETHICONE, DIMETHICONE, POLYBUTENE, ISOSTEARYL NEOPENTANOATE, ETHYLHEXYL METHOXYCINNAMATE, TOCOPHERYL ACETATE, METHYLPARABEN, COCOS NUCIFERA, PARAFFINUM LIQUIDUM, PROPYLPARABEN, PARFUM, ALOE BARBADENSIS, BHT, BUTYLPHENYL METHYLPROPIONAL, BENZYL SALICYLATE, CITRONELLOL, HEXYL CINNAMAL, HYDROXYISOHEXYL 3-CYCLOHEXENE CARBOXALDEHYDE, LINALOOL, BUTYLPARABEN. [ /- MICA, CI 77891, CI 77491, CI 77492, CI 77499, CI 77007].

Skin: Oily, Olive, Not Sure

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Other

My holy grail product .... Amazing life saver for someone for oily skin. It does give natural shine control for 5 hours and does hide my pores
The only bad thing is the packaging is awkward and I have shattered it from dropping it at a small height

on 10/14/2014 2:20:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

Hair: Blond, Kinky, Medium

I adore Rimmel's natural bronzer, which I have repurchased several times, but I haven't been wowed by the matte powder. I keep this in my spare make-up bag, for work and on the move, and on the occasions I have used it, I've noticed my T-zone is shiny after a few hours, in comparison to using no powder or my regular Laura Mercier mineral powder.
The finish is nice enough, and I feel like the powders have improved since I was a youngster, though it might be my skin that's improved...

on 10/14/2014 1:28:00 AM

I was a bit hesitant to purchase this because I'd heard that a few people hated it. After I decided I was tired of spending $14 on my usual NYX powder, I decided to pick this one up at Walmart for $4 in the color Creamy Natural. You can't really go wrong for $4.

Overall, I was pleasantly surprised. This stuff actually keeps me more matte throughout the day than other powders I've tried. It didn't really give as much coverage as I'm used to, which was expected since I'm pretty sure it's supposed to be more of a setting powder than a powder foundation. However this shouldn't be a problem if you're using a good coverage foundation underneath. Someone who isn't looking for a lot of coverage and just wants to stay shine free could always use this by itself. I think it gives a pretty natural and smooth looking finish, less cakey than most.

I can also see how the packaging might be a problem for some (perhaps while traveling) but it's definitely no deal breaker for me. I will repurchase in the future :)

on 10/12/2014 2:06:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

The best pressed powder I have EVER used! I use the shade 001 transparent and use it everyday as a setting powder over my foundation and have for the past 4 years, for 3.99 it is amazing value as I have only had to repurchase it 3 times. I have slight oily skin and my t-zone gets shiny throughout the day, I apply this in the morning before school and I don't need to apply it again so it is great for those who don't have time to powder their faces throughout the day. It is very lightweight and you cannot feel it on your skin at all. I will always repurchase this product!

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

I have oily skin, this product when I first applied it, looked great and so natural, it really minimised my pores.
I needed to re apply after about 2 hours, it doesn't hold oil well and it got cakey after i re applied.

The packaging is small and compact but it breaks easily so be careful.

Overall, this product cakes and is good for people will combination skin, I wouldn't recommend it for oily/very oily skin, re applying causes caking and an un-natural look.

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

This product is AMAZING. Does it exactly what the name says. Love it! Makes skin look matte, without looking caky or powdery. Awesome.

on 9/29/2014 7:14:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Dark, Neutral

Hair: Brown, Relaxed, Coarse

I purchased this in the transparent shade to set my concealers. Left a white cast on my face and was pretty worthless at controlling oil. Ya get what ya pay for.

Edit:
I gave this another try to set my foundation. Instead of sweeping it with a fluffy brush across my face, I tap it in with my ELF flat top powder brush by tapping it once in the pan and patting it across my skin. It looks a lot better this way!

on 9/26/2014 3:18:00 AM

this is a decent powder, I mainly use it if I have a really oily day or even if my skins dry I use it for under eye setting powder and it does a pretty good job and I feel like this contaimer could last awhile cuz a little goes a long way. I have the shade "Sandstorm" and its a good match, I also payed about $4.00 so that's a plus. overall a good powder and I see it being very good for really oily skin types. I will keep using til I find something better.

This is the powder I have been using since Maybelline discontinued their dream matte pressed powder. It is not my favourite powder I have used but it is worth the price when bought on sale. This does give off a matte finish but could be more of a full coverage and last longer. I use it in conjunction with Revlon colour stay whipped foundation.

on 9/24/2014 7:48:00 PM

I enjoy using this product. I have combination - oily skin. It helps me stay matte (with a good foundation) it doesn't make me look super cakey. I am fixing to buy this product again!