April 23, 2014 | 1448 users online

Pressed Powders - Rimmel - Stay Matte Pressed Powder

rated 5 of 5 on 11/3/2013 9:29:00 AM More reviews by Deviationize

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Brown

There's a lot of hype about this product for a reason; it's so amazing. I love a lot of things about this powder; it keeps me matte all day, is super long lasting and feels light on the skin. The packaging can be finicky, but I keep mine in a bin and don't travel with it, so it's worked out fine.

But the #1 reason why I adore this product is because it prevents my eyeliner from smearing. I have hooded eyes, but I love the look of a thick liner to make them pop. The problem is that the skin above my eyelid sits right on top of where I put eyeliner. It's fine when my face is in a neutral expression, but as soon as I raise my eyebrows you can see a huge amount of smearing on my eyelid from the skin touching the eyeliner. I thought this was the eyeliner's problem, so I've tried a bunch of different ones (including waterproof). I've found that if I put some of the Stay Matte powder on an eyeshadow brush and dab it onto my eyelid as if it were an eyeshadow, then my eyeliner doesn't smear AT ALL. Perhaps it's because the oils on my eyelid aren't smearing the eyeliner, or maybe it sets the eyeliner. Either ways, it's saved me from my smearing problems.

Long story short, this product is definitely a holy grail item for me. Love, love, love it!

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 11/2/2013 10:24:00 PM More reviews by CamiWillians

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

This is my holy grail pressed powder! I think I'm on my 4th compact. I use the shade Transparent for my pale skin. It's not exactly "transparent" because the powder does initially make my face look even paler. I really love the texture - finely milled and applies evenly. It also provides great coverage for a powder. I just use concealer and powder (I pat it on rather than smooth it all over) and my imperfections seem to blur away. I love how I can pat on more powder without it caking up or getting chalky. No breakouts either! The only reason preventing me from giving it a perfect 5 is that it doesn't keep me matte for as long as I'd like. As for the packaging, the lid does fall off easily and it's inconvenient to carry around since it has no mirror, but I don't mind because I never carry powder with me. I also like how the pan is big enough for me to swirl my powder brush in it

rated 1 of 5 on 11/2/2013 7:46:00 PM More reviews by eyelinerismywarpaint

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool Hair: Other, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

I am never going to buy this product again. The raving reviews seemed to speak the truth, and this is an inexpensive product, so I thought I'd love it. I thought wrong.
I got this powder in transparent. It is the most cakey powder ever. And that wouldn't be such a problem, if it actually controlled oil and shine. But it doesn't. I have to reapply and reapply several times in a row, and by then the powder is visible on my face--I've never had this issue with my old mattifying powder.
And then a couple hours later is when it really becomes a mess. The powder sinks into my pores and just plain disappears in some places, so I'm left with a shiny, cakey-with-obvious-pores face. It is horrible.
This product also has a flowery, perfume-y scent. Definitely might bother some people.
In conclusion, I'm not buying this again. I'm debating throwing it away and driving out of my way to buy my old face powder, which, by the way, is only a few dollars more than this.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/29/2013 9:34:00 AM More reviews by glamerous3059

Age: 36-43 Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

LOVE! LOVE! I HAVE 3 OF THESE IF YOUR OILY ITS A MUST HAVE!
ITS PALE IN COLOR AND I PUT ON AFTER M.O.M BUT BEFORE MY FOUNDATION. THIS HELPS KEEP ME MATTE LONGER . I LOVE THIS AND I HOPE ITS NEVER DISCONTINUED. NO BREAKOUTS, NO SMELL AT ALL

rated 5 of 5 on 10/29/2013 9:07:00 AM More reviews by ameleahlovesmakeup

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Hazel

I absolutely love this powder. It's affordable, very mattifying and will not look cakey (as long as you apply it right). It says it lasts 5 hours which is definitely true however by this point, you will probably need to blot or reapply. I'd say the only downside to this is the packaging, as it is cheap and fragile. But it's on the inside that counts, right? My holy grail powder! I recommend to everyone.

rated 4 of 5 on 10/28/2013 2:09:00 PM More reviews by Beccalynnboo

Love this! I use this over my foundation and concealer. It provided a ton of coverage. It made my skin look flawless. I'd say it lasted about 3-4 hours, but only because I have an oily T-zone.

Cons:
-They need to make darker colors. The darkest shade was almost too light during the summer.
-The packaging isn't that great. The lid doesn't stay on that well.

Other than that, I would definitely buy this again.

rated 4 of 5 on 10/27/2013 4:46:00 AM More reviews by imasupermann

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Straight, Other Eyes: Brown

Pros:
- It helps me stay matte all day
- Very lightweight
- The silky beige matches my skin really well
- Very affordable
- Doesn't make me feel like a cake.

Cons:
- Packaging. I have a really great makeup bag but the lid managed to crack.
- Need to reapply.

Will definitely repurchase.

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/27/2013 2:50:00 AM More reviews by kirito

I adore this powder! I'm really oily, and most of the powders I've tried, even the ones that claim to cut down the oil, don't last very long. This powder, however, keeps me matte for hours! The shade silky beige matches my skin tone almost perfectly too! It's about $5, and you get a lot of product, so it's a great deal. The only thing I don't like is the lack of a mirror, but it's not that big of a deal.

If you're oily like me, please try this powder out! It worked wonders for me~

rated 5 of 5 on 10/24/2013 10:55:00 AM More reviews by Madiee141

Affordable and just as great as any other powder! Love this product. Goes on super smooth over a foundation and doesn't give you that chalky/cake face look.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/24/2013 12:18:00 AM More reviews by daemonicblackcat

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Medium Brown, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I love this powder! I have very oily skin and this powder keeps my skin matte for around 3 hours unaided (meaning no makeup setting spray). I like that it comes in translucent so I don't have to puzzle out which color suits me best just by looking at the packaging. I would prefer if this came in a compact style case instead because I keep dropping the lid, but otherwise this product is great.