Rimmel Stay Matte Pressed Powder

3.8

TALC,MAGNESIUM STEARATE, POLYETHYLENE, PETROLATUM, PHENYL TRIMETHICONE, DIMETHICONE, POLYBUTENE, ISOSTEARYL NEOPENTANOATE, ETHYLHEXYL METHOXYCINNAMATE, TOCOPHERYL ACETATE, METHYLPARABEN, COCOS NUCIFERA, PARAFFINUM LIQUIDUM, PROPYLPARABEN, PARFUM, ALOE BARBADENSIS, BHT, BUTYLPHENYL METHYLPROPIONAL, BENZYL SALICYLATE, CITRONELLOL, HEXYL CINNAMAL, HYDROXYISOHEXYL 3-CYCLOHEXENE CARBOXALDEHYDE, LINALOOL, BUTYLPARABEN. [ /- MICA, CI 77891, CI 77491, CI 77492, CI 77499, CI 77007].

Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Not Sure

This is a must have in my collection! I've probably repurchased it at least 10 times. One thing I will say at first is that it doesn't last the 5 hours it claims to, but does anyone with really oily skin really think ANYTHING (drugstore or high end) will last that long? This is great to set foundation/concealer, or just to wear on it's own. It doesn't look cakey or cling to minor dry spots. I personally like the transparent one best. I'm not the biggest fan of the packaging, as the top can crack, but it's not the end of the world. This is still an amazing staple product that I will continue to repurchase!

on 1/20/2015 8:24:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral

I have repurchased this probably a million times.
I love this product! I always purchase it in the shade Translucent.
I don't use it on its own, I use it to set my foundation. It makes every foundation I wear look finished. it definitely completes my look.

The shade Translucent doesn't mess up the color of my foundation. I've found other setting powders add a cool tone and this one does not!! I like it a lot better than other high end powders

It is a must have in my bag. it completes my face look. it doesn't make me too too matte and definitely not dry.

One gripe I have is the packaging.... it's kind of stupid & cheap. But I can't complain bc I've never had the product break on me.
It lasts all day!
it's so cheap and wonderful and definitely my HG setting powder.

on 1/15/2015 9:09:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Not Sure

I have very oily & sensitive - acne prone skin. Struggle w/cystic acne. That I'm currently on meds for because it is so severe. And battled for "YEARS" trying find make that covered my multi breakouts at any given time. I use Cetephil purple oil control moisturizer-´ŞĆAngel Veil Primer by NYX- my SPLURGE is MAC Studio Fix Liquid Foundation, it's a build-able one, best one they have for Oily skin & long wearing. And I use physician correct RX concealer/coverup & RIMMEL STAY MATTE as my SETTING/FINISHING POWDER, I literally never have to dab or blot my make-up. This STAY MATTE BY RIMMEL IS A 10

One of my must-haves. I always have one in my purse and one at home. I use the transparent shade, and I simply use it for powdering over oily areas on my face. I'll sometimes use this on a day I'm not wearing makeup, but still need to get rid of the shine on my forehead/nose.
My only complaint is the packaging is not so great; sometimes the lid will pop off. But most of the time I am happy with this, the lid doesn't always come off, especially if I get one with a tighter-feeling lid.

on 1/13/2015 4:49:00 PM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

I love this powder. I get it for about $2.99 and it is more than worth it. I'm not so oily anymore, so it does tend to be drying for me, but I don't need a lot of powder anyways. I just use it to lightly set my foundation. It's comes in lots of shades and feels really nice. The only drawback is the packaging. The clear cap always ends up breaking, which then means the powder will end up breaking soon after with no protective cover. I wish they would package it with an attached cover, but I can get over that. I just use something different in my purse. There is no "toss it in my purse" for touch ups. That will definitely break the cap and leave powder everywhere!

on 1/12/2015 2:46:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

Probably the best powder you can find at the drug store!

Though I don't have "oily" skin, my nose sometimes gets a little bit shiny, and this powder clears it up right away. The mattifying effect easily lasts four to six hours without needing a touch-up. And aside from mattifying any oily parts on your face, this also is a great powder for setting any liquid or cream foundations!

The only downfall to this great product is the packaging. The lid flies off very easily, and the locking mechanism does nothing to keep it in place. If you plan on bringing this traveling or out in general, you should probably use an elastic band or hair tie to keep the lid in place.

Overall, I'm a big fan of this pressed powder, and have repurchased it twice now. I've even hit major pan on my current pot of this! I reccomend this to everyone, and I will definitely be repurchasing this.

on 1/11/2015 4:36:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

Love it! Use it as setting powder for my oily t-zone, as the rest of my face is dry and I use an illuminating setting powder for those areas. You can use it with or without makeup because even though I bought mine in my skin tone (I wanted the transparent but it was sold out) it still goes on virtually invisible and offers little to no coverage.

It's great for using to mattify my nose so my glasses stop slipping around, and I even use it on my hair by my hairline because it can get a little greasy after I apply lotion and foundation. It also does a decent job of blurring my pores, I was actually impressed! They don't completely disappear but still blurs them about 50%

the packaging isn't great, so I don't travel with it, just use it at home, and I bring a blotting powder compact (cover fx) with me in my purse for any touch ups. And just to be clear, this is a setting powder, not a blotting powder, this product does mattify your skin and absorbs oil, but it's not as strong as blotting powder, which absorbs oil and helps to control it. But I really can't live without this stuff, and it's so cheap! I think I paid $8? Can't remember...

on 1/8/2015 8:59:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral

For the price of this product it is a performs very well on my oily skin, and I did not expect to be as impressed as I am. While the packaging leaves a touch to be desired (the lid in flimsy and the packaging is thin, brittle plastic) it didn't break when I dropped it so it seems to be durable enough. But because the lid isn't secured I wouldn't let it tumble around in my purse. I like that this product does keep me matte for most of the day, boosts the coverage of my foundation, has no scent and doesn't look excessively powdery. The texture of the powder is finely milled and easy to work with.

What I dislike about this product is that it separates around every single pore and leaves my face looking speckled and textured. While it's not the worst results I have experience I still don't experience this with my Mac, Sephora or Laura Mercier mineral powders. And I find that this product isn't particularly easy to touch up with, the separation of product around the pores can't be covered by touching up which is my biggest frustration. And it takes away from any slip the product has so I can't blend over it. If it weren't for the exceedingly reasonable price I paid ($7 CDN) I would give the powder a 3/5, but, for the price I am impressed but I don't think it lives up to the hype for us more oily skin types.

EDIT : Despite the talc it hasn't irritated my cystic acne prone skin, but this stuff does look quite cakey and the more I wear it the less pleased I am with the result. It really is impossible to touch up with this powder and it makes my pores look terrible. I'm using it to set under eye concealer, which is does OK with, so it will last forever.

on 1/7/2015 3:38:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

Would repurchase forever

on 1/3/2015 4:20:00 PM

I bought this product last year and still use it! I honestly love this product but yes there is a few cons. It isn't very long lasting but for as cheap as it was, I don't mind. The finish is matte, obviously hence the name. The only other thing is that the packaging is so simple that the lid doesn't always stay on. It is very easy to break and after taking the lid on and off several times. It actually starts to fall off at a point so just be careful.

Video Reviews & Tutorials