September 19, 2014 | 1774 users online

Lotions/ Creams - L'Occitane - 20% Shea Butter Hand Cream

image 0image 1image 2

rated 3 of 5 on 2/16/2012 8:14:00 PM More reviews by alldaygirl

I really wanted to love this-It absorbs quickly, smells wonderful, & to be honest the whole Made in France metal tube thing just seemed fancy. It could be my imagination, but it seemed to me that the more I used this cream the drier my hands got. I'm not sure if it is like vaseline and not actually a moisturizer, but a water trapper. I will continue to use the tube, but I will not purchase another one.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/16/2012 11:35:00 AM More reviews by sedateme

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Green

This is hands down the best rich hand cream I have ever tried and believe me, I have tried a lot of them! Works very well especially when you use it overnight with cosmetic gloves. The texture is amazing for dried hands and the smell is very soft and clean, typical for shea butter products. If you want to use it during the day and you don't like thick creams, this may not be the best choice for you, although it absorbs quickly. I also use it on my feet because it works better than L'Occitane foot cream. I always have one big tube at home and one in travel size in my cosmetic bag and I will definitely repurchase this product over and over.

rated 2 of 5 on 2/9/2012 2:37:00 PM More reviews by JulieRL

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

This product is just okay. Not amazing and doesnt moisturize my hands nearly as much as it should for the price. Will not repurchase. The only good thing about this hand cream is the smell.

rated 2 of 5 on 1/31/2012 8:15:00 PM More reviews by pointoforder

Age: 36-43 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

I have never been impressed with a Shea Butter anything - skincare, haircare, body care - and this hand cream was no exception. This comes in a metal tube and it comes out rather thick and greasy. The scent is not for everyone - make sure you like it before you buy it, because it is strong and lingers.

Although initially very greasy (it reminded me of the original Nivea cream), it does absorb within a minute or so with very little residual stickiness.

It is OK as a moisturizer but really doesn't work that well - the real test was my raggedy cuticles, and this product did nothing to improve them.

If you are in the mood to splurge on a hand cream, I would recommend Clarins' Hand and Nail Treatment Cream or Lancome's Absolue.

continued >>

rated 5 of 5 on 1/25/2012 11:26:00 AM More reviews by surf222

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Straight, Other Eyes: Green

I have been using this product for years. My hands are always better looking with this absorbent cream. I think the smell is nice and like the fact that it is thick. I like to give my hands a mini massage with it. The only drawback is the price...the tube lasts a long time since you only need a little amount, but it's just so expensive!

rated 2 of 5 on 1/23/2012 10:23:00 PM More reviews by xandreaaa

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I have this hand cream in the big tube, which I paid around $35 CAD for. other than the smell, I don't like this product. it is not nearly as moisturizing enough as they market it to be. the 20% Shea butter barely moisturizers my hands. I have really dry hands and this was supposed to change that! my $6 Drugstore Glysomed does a wayyy better job. I can't wait till I finish up this waste-of-money cream.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/23/2012 8:53:00 PM More reviews by jkangaroo

I have dry skin in general and especially on my hands during the winter. I love this hand cream. I guess the smells isn't for everyone, but I love it. It's a little "spicy" like baby lotion. The shea butter is great and absorbs quickly. I live in Southern California so maybe it wouldn't hold up in harsher weather, but for me, it's perfect. Only downside is that it's $10 for a little tube. Good thing a little goes a long way I usually buy it at Nordstrom's since it's closer to me than the L'Occitane store. .

rated 1 of 5 on 1/16/2012 2:51:00 PM More reviews by TenderMoon

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

This product may work but I'll never know because I can't get beyond the very long lasting stench. Every time I apply it I have to wash my hands within a few minutes. Giving up, not for me.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 1/5/2012 12:17:00 PM More reviews by dddoxie

I think hand cream is the most used product in my whole collection. :)

I really wanted to get something other than DS (although I do love Perlier as well) and I've heard great things about this brand.

The formula is very silky and smooth. It sinks into your skin quickly, providing relief to my chapped, cracked hands. I don't find it too long lasting, as I have to reapply after washing my hands. But the good thing is you don't have to use a lot to feel moisturized.

The packaging just flat-out sucks. The tube is ok, but the cap is an odd angular shape and I often fumble around with it while screwing it back onto the tube.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/5/2012 11:21:00 AM More reviews by Raya885

Wow! I finally caved and purchased this hand cream - previously, I could not justify the cost. I have extremely dry skin and decided to give it a try after reading the rave reviews.

This is the best hand cream out there. It is incredibly moisturizing. I apply it right before I go to sleep and my hands are soft and smooth all day.

The packaging is cute and dainty, but the twist-cap is a little annoying.

Overall, a great product.