L'Occitane 20% Shea Butter Hand Cream

4.1

Aqua/Water, Butyrospermum Parkii (Shea Butter), Glycerin, Dimethicone, Cetearyl Alcohol, Glyceryl Stearate, Linum Usitatissimum (Linseed) Seed Extract, Mel Extract/Honey Extract, Prunus Amygdalus Dulcis (Sweet Almond) Fruit Extract, Althaea Officinalis Root Extract, Cocos Nucifera (Coconut) Oil, Brassica Campestris (Rapeseed) Sterols, Rosmarinus Officinalis (Rosemary) Leaf Extract, Helianthus Annuus (Sunflower) Seed Oil, Xanthan Gum, Parfum/Fragrance, Polyacrylamide, PEG-100 Stearate, Propylene Glycol, C13-14 Isoparaffin, Ceteareth-33, Alcohol Denat, Laureth-7, Benzoic Acid, Dehydroacetic Acid, Phenoxyethanol, Benzyl Alcohol, Benzyl Benzoate, Hydroxyisohexyl 3-Cyclohexene Carboxaldehyde, Linalool, Citronellol, Butylphenyl Methylpropional, Coumarin, Alpha-Isomethyl Ionone, Hexyl Cinnamal, Limonene, Gerional

on 7/4/2012 3:50:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

Best hand cream/lotion I've ever used. I try others in protest of the cost, but it really can't be beat.

My only quibble/annoyance is that the consistency is different between the big tube and the little one ouncer. The little tube is a bit more lotion like; the big tube is creamier. Maybe on purpose for quicker absorption when you're on the go? Regardless, I'd love if the consistency of the little tube was available in a bigger size!

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

This is my favourite hand cream by far. I love that its so thick, but absorbs so easily. I love the smell of it, not too overpowering, not too subtle either (kind of powdery). I love the fact it really hydrates my skin, and lasts a long time on my skin too. I love the fact it doesn't make my hands itch afterwards. And I love the packaging.

I just wish it wasn't so pricey!

on 6/9/2012 9:55:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Red, Straight, Fine

I have to give this five lippies even though I HATE that it is so expensive -- it remains the absolute best hand cream I've ever used. To be fair, a little goes a long way; it's thick enough to deal with really dry skin (it looks like Crisco), lasts though a couple of washings and most important, it absorbs quickly and cleanly without leaving a residue -- the absolute holy grail quality if you do fine handwork. There seems to be some disagreement on the scent but I really love it, and nothing else makes my hands so soft. I may experiment, but I always come back.

on 5/22/2012 10:10:00 AM

I do really like this hand cream. I find it smoothing, soothing, non greasy & delicately scented. It seems to work beautifully on hands that are a bit dry from regular hand washing and alcohol gel (I work in a hospital).

My only criticisms of it really are the lack of SPF (I have to use a different product which adds to the expense & the layers of products) and the screw on lid, a flip cap would be more practical for on-the-go reapplications (I had to chase the rolling cap across the car park yesterday on my way in to work!).

L'Occitane, please make this cream in an SPF version with a better cap and it'll be my HG.

on 5/20/2012 10:55:00 PM

Whenever I apply this, I feel like i'm giving my hands a little spa day. The feeling is luxuriously smooth and buttery. I like to wash my hands with anti-bacterial soap, which definitely strips them of moisture. This helps remoisturize my hands without leaving a greasy or sticky residue. It also has a lovely baby powder smell that isn't too overpowering.

Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool

What can I say: a classic!!
I loooove this cream so much that I'm happy to pay the quite expensive 7 Euro (appr. US$11). It smell divine, give a rich moisture and keeps my hands soft and protected. I use it several times a day, usually after washing my hands.

At $10 an ounce, this lotion better be good and it is. It's beyond good, it's amazing. Very moisturizing and smells great. It totally beats any ordinary hand cream from bath and body works. Also, a little goes a long way. I'm approaching the end of mine and, sadly, I don't have enough dough to spend on $10 hand creams. I would buy again if I my hands could justify the price. I definitely recommend this to people who have dry hands and are in need of an amazing hand cream.

Very good hand cream, a little goes a long way, a bit of oily residue, definitely for very dry hands only, pleasant smell.

on 4/25/2012 6:34:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral

Lovely nurturing hand cream. One of the best out there.

on 4/15/2012 2:19:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

My hands tend to be on the dry side as I wash my hands often and this product is amongst the few that helps counter the drying effect of hand soap without leaving your skin feeling oily/greasy. It leaves my skin soft and moisturized. I am quite sensitive to fragrance primarily floral scents so this works for me even more.