April 18, 2014 | 1848 users online

Lotions/ Creams - L'Occitane - 20% Shea Butter Hand Cream

image 0image 1image 2

rated 5 of 5 on 12/16/2011 6:56:00 AM More reviews by loveking

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Dry, Tan, Warm Hair: Black, Relaxed, Medium Eyes: Brown

Holy crap. I suffer from eczema and recently my hands have been terrible, I had severe eczema on both my hands and everything irritated my skin.

After using topical cream to heal the 'blisters' and infamed skin, I used this to help smooth my hands and the scent is to die for!

3 out of 4 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 11/18/2011 12:36:00 AM More reviews by mareeyah

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Can I just say I absolutely LOVE this product? I was amazed at its effectiveness in keeping my hands moisturized and feeling soft until my next handwash. It's definitely a thick hand cream suitable for those who frequently wash their hands or have problems with dryness. I've tried Origin's Make a Difference hand cream and I used to love that one until I've discovered this. It's thicker in consistency, but definitely doesn't leave a greasy residue. It "looks" as if it gives your hands the "glow" that moisturizers give to your face. I actually used this on my boyfriend's hands and the severe dryness around his knuckles were significantly decreased after we applied it. His Aveeno hand cream couldn't even do the job. I must say, I was a little apprehensive that the squeeze tube would cause the product to squeeze out if you kept it in your purse, but I've had no problem with it so far. I was able to find this product at my Sephora, which sold it individually or in a pack of 3 - which obviously was a better deal ($26 instead of $10 each.) The pack also contained limited edition scents: Cocoa Flower, Hibiscus Flower, and the Desert Rose. The Cocoa Flower one has a residual "powder-y" scent, but it's not strong enough to bother me. I tried the other two in the store and they seem to be lighter in scent compared to the Cocoa Flower version. I took away one lippie just because I figured you can go through these products fairly quickly and it can get quite expensive. To be quite honest, during the winter time when your skin is at its driest, it's definitely worth the investment. I'm excited to use up the other 2! :)

rated 5 of 5 on 11/6/2011 4:35:00 PM More reviews by LAsCene

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I love this hand cream and the scent too. Makes my skin soft and dries quickly with no greasy hands. I have used this for 5 years.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 11/6/2011 2:30:00 PM More reviews by shorty87

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Black

I got this hand cream in a 30ml tube as a present and it fits perfectly into my pencil case. I adore the scent of it, it really relaxes me when I'm out and about. It does keep my skin very moisturized. However, I am not a fan of the consistency. I find it too thick. I prefer a more watery consistency so that it spreads better across my hands. The drying/absorption time is decent; I do have to wait a few minutes before i feel secure enough to touch other objects but it's not painfully long either. Although using this hand cream makes my hands smell divine and gives me a sense of indulgence (it is so expensive!), I don't think I would repurchase this simply because I have tried drug store hand creams that work just as well, dries faster, has a consistency that I like and is cheaper. Otherwise, if you have the money to spend and you really like thick, creamy hand lotions, then go for this :)

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 11/6/2011 12:47:00 PM More reviews by Catttt

I've tried sample tubes of this twice now and I am giving up on it finally. At first I thought it was my imagination or the weather that was making my hands drier than usual but I think I've proven to myself satisfactorily that it's in fact this "lotion". My hands were perfectly fine for a while, then I tried this product for a week and my fingertips on the sides of my nails are super hard. When I've noticed it before occasionally I thought it was just how my hands were -- I never linked it to any lotions but now I realize I should have. I could do more detective work to find out why this shea butter lotion is bad for me while other shea stuff (like Badger's) is fine, but I don't think it deserves that much of my time. Simply put, this product doesn't work for me and L'Occitane no longer holds any allure for me. I'm free! Haha.

8 out of 8 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 11/2/2011 10:27:00 AM More reviews by Amandaa

Great hand cream, i use it every night before sleep and i wake up with my hands restored and with very soft skin. i will but it again and again! :D

rated 5 of 5 on 11/2/2011 7:57:00 AM More reviews by ilovescrabble

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

best handcream i've ever used and dries pretty quickly, i hate having slimey hands so thats good:)

rated 5 of 5 on 9/26/2011 6:30:00 PM More reviews by sayakhansa

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Tan, Neutral Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

This is the best hand cream I've ever tried. At least compared to tbs' soft hands kind heart. It is expensive but the consistency is very thick, I don't need to use a lot. And it does moisturise so well, I have very dry skin so I don't only put it on my hands, I put it on my eczema patches and my feet as well. I don't re-apply it so many times because it's expensive and I've only tried the travel size but I'll definitely repurchase.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/15/2011 1:49:00 PM More reviews by lindaisaweirdo

The skin on the back of my hand started peeling and becoming red from the cold, and no moisturizer was helping. I hate those moisturizers that sit on the skin and SEEM to repair dryness, but after a few hours, all that it has done is either 1) sit on the skin without absorbing or 2) absorbed but did nothing to help dryness. I am slightly OCD so I wash my hands all the time, and this is the only hand cream that has ever worked for me. Ever. It boggles my mind how well it works for me. It's smooth, creamy, and soaks right in without feeling oily (I can't explain the consistency. Slightly "matte"/baby powder but still hydrating). Usually I hate shea butter because its too oily, but this one is the only exception. It's not cheap, but a tube will last you FOREVER (it lasted my mother a year, and I'm still using it at the end of 4 months)

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 9/6/2011 4:16:00 AM More reviews by NewWave

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

This is not a bad hand cream. But it is far from the best on my list. I do lots of gardening in my backyard and therefore I am completely dependant on some good hand cream. I also get extreamly dry hands in winter when my skin tends to crack and bleed at the tips of my fingers. So probably someone with less severe skin problems will find this good enough.. Hemp hand cream from TBS is much better and costs far less than L'Occitane. Won't repurchase.

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No