July 29, 2014 | 2103 users online

Lotions/ Creams - L'Occitane - 20% Shea Butter Hand Cream

image 0image 1image 2

rated 5 of 5 on 1/25/2012 11:26:00 AM More reviews by surf222

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Straight, Other Eyes: Green

I have been using this product for years. My hands are always better looking with this absorbent cream. I think the smell is nice and like the fact that it is thick. I like to give my hands a mini massage with it. The only drawback is the price...the tube lasts a long time since you only need a little amount, but it's just so expensive!

rated 2 of 5 on 1/23/2012 10:23:00 PM More reviews by xandreaaa

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I have this hand cream in the big tube, which I paid around $35 CAD for. other than the smell, I don't like this product. it is not nearly as moisturizing enough as they market it to be. the 20% Shea butter barely moisturizers my hands. I have really dry hands and this was supposed to change that! my $6 Drugstore Glysomed does a wayyy better job. I can't wait till I finish up this waste-of-money cream.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/23/2012 8:53:00 PM More reviews by jkangaroo

I have dry skin in general and especially on my hands during the winter. I love this hand cream. I guess the smells isn't for everyone, but I love it. It's a little "spicy" like baby lotion. The shea butter is great and absorbs quickly. I live in Southern California so maybe it wouldn't hold up in harsher weather, but for me, it's perfect. Only downside is that it's $10 for a little tube. Good thing a little goes a long way I usually buy it at Nordstrom's since it's closer to me than the L'Occitane store. .

rated 1 of 5 on 1/16/2012 2:51:00 PM More reviews by TenderMoon

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

This product may work but I'll never know because I can't get beyond the very long lasting stench. Every time I apply it I have to wash my hands within a few minutes. Giving up, not for me.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 1/5/2012 12:17:00 PM More reviews by dddoxie

I think hand cream is the most used product in my whole collection. :)

I really wanted to get something other than DS (although I do love Perlier as well) and I've heard great things about this brand.

The formula is very silky and smooth. It sinks into your skin quickly, providing relief to my chapped, cracked hands. I don't find it too long lasting, as I have to reapply after washing my hands. But the good thing is you don't have to use a lot to feel moisturized.

The packaging just flat-out sucks. The tube is ok, but the cap is an odd angular shape and I often fumble around with it while screwing it back onto the tube.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/5/2012 11:21:00 AM More reviews by Raya885

Wow! I finally caved and purchased this hand cream - previously, I could not justify the cost. I have extremely dry skin and decided to give it a try after reading the rave reviews.

This is the best hand cream out there. It is incredibly moisturizing. I apply it right before I go to sleep and my hands are soft and smooth all day.

The packaging is cute and dainty, but the twist-cap is a little annoying.

Overall, a great product.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/29/2011 11:54:00 AM More reviews by Designkelly

Age: 30-35 Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I love this hand cream. I am fortunate to always get it as a gift for Christmas so I rarely buy it myself, but I know it is expensive.

Stays on for a long time and really seems to hydrate skin well. Can be a little hard to rub in on cold hands, so you might need to rub your hands a lot to get the product to heat up. Other than that, its a great lotion with a mild calming smell.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 12/16/2011 8:15:00 AM More reviews by BeeBonnet

Sorry to down the ratings here because I really wanted and expected this to be superior to other hand creams. I suffer all year (although more so in winter) with dry cracked skin on my fingers which bleeds at times, I love the clean scent and was willing to splurge extra bucks on this product if I saw a big difference.... I don't at all. I get much better results from Gold Bond Healing cream (with aloe) and the new Dial NutriSkin lotion. Both are much less expensive as well, so I'll be sticking to what works for my skin. I still love the luxurious lather and scent of L'Occitane soaps though!

rated 5 of 5 on 12/16/2011 6:56:00 AM More reviews by loveking

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Dry, Tan, Warm Hair: Black, Relaxed, Medium Eyes: Brown

Holy crap. I suffer from eczema and recently my hands have been terrible, I had severe eczema on both my hands and everything irritated my skin.

After using topical cream to heal the 'blisters' and infamed skin, I used this to help smooth my hands and the scent is to die for!

3 out of 4 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 11/18/2011 12:36:00 AM More reviews by mareeyah

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Can I just say I absolutely LOVE this product? I was amazed at its effectiveness in keeping my hands moisturized and feeling soft until my next handwash. It's definitely a thick hand cream suitable for those who frequently wash their hands or have problems with dryness. I've tried Origin's Make a Difference hand cream and I used to love that one until I've discovered this. It's thicker in consistency, but definitely doesn't leave a greasy residue. It "looks" as if it gives your hands the "glow" that moisturizers give to your face. I actually used this on my boyfriend's hands and the severe dryness around his knuckles were significantly decreased after we applied it. His Aveeno hand cream couldn't even do the job. I must say, I was a little apprehensive that the squeeze tube would cause the product to squeeze out if you kept it in your purse, but I've had no problem with it so far. I was able to find this product at my Sephora, which sold it individually or in a pack of 3 - which obviously was a better deal ($26 instead of $10 each.) The pack also contained limited edition scents: Cocoa Flower, Hibiscus Flower, and the Desert Rose. The Cocoa Flower one has a residual "powder-y" scent, but it's not strong enough to bother me. I tried the other two in the store and they seem to be lighter in scent compared to the Cocoa Flower version. I took away one lippie just because I figured you can go through these products fairly quickly and it can get quite expensive. To be quite honest, during the winter time when your skin is at its driest, it's definitely worth the investment. I'm excited to use up the other 2! :)