October 31, 2014 | 1445 users online

Lotions/ Creams - L'Occitane - 20% Shea Butter Hand Cream

image 0image 1image 2

rated 4 of 5 on 2/22/2012 6:40:00 AM More reviews by CherryBerryPie

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

I like this nice scented cream. It is great for very dry hands because it's quite thick and fat, so it take some minutes to sink in, but it's nothing that bothers me. What bothers me is that when I wash my hands in the morning I feel like a little parts of it runs off, as if it does not sink in completely during the night. I often feel that with drugstore hand creams and this one is definitely not a drugstore cream. Another thing thats bothers me is the soft metal tube. It's not good at all because it quickly becomes a hole on it when I press, especially on the part that is almost empty and I want to get out as much product as possible. Anyway, I still like this cream, it makes my hand really soft during the winter but I don't know if I will repurchase it. I prefer Clarins hand cream over this one, right now.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/22/2012 2:47:00 AM More reviews by Jdelivera

I have been using this for years and have tried many other hand creams including most of the other l'occitane hand creams. I have found that this one provides the most intensive moisture. It is great for even the driest skin. Feels greasy at first but after a minute or so that feeling goes away and you are left with beautiful soft non-greasy hands !

rated 3 of 5 on 2/16/2012 8:14:00 PM More reviews by alldaygirl

I really wanted to love this-It absorbs quickly, smells wonderful, & to be honest the whole Made in France metal tube thing just seemed fancy. It could be my imagination, but it seemed to me that the more I used this cream the drier my hands got. I'm not sure if it is like vaseline and not actually a moisturizer, but a water trapper. I will continue to use the tube, but I will not purchase another one.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/16/2012 11:35:00 AM More reviews by sedateme

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Green

This is hands down the best rich hand cream I have ever tried and believe me, I have tried a lot of them! Works very well especially when you use it overnight with cosmetic gloves. The texture is amazing for dried hands and the smell is very soft and clean, typical for shea butter products. If you want to use it during the day and you don't like thick creams, this may not be the best choice for you, although it absorbs quickly. I also use it on my feet because it works better than L'Occitane foot cream. I always have one big tube at home and one in travel size in my cosmetic bag and I will definitely repurchase this product over and over.

rated 2 of 5 on 2/9/2012 2:37:00 PM More reviews by JulieRL

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

This product is just okay. Not amazing and doesnt moisturize my hands nearly as much as it should for the price. Will not repurchase. The only good thing about this hand cream is the smell.

rated 2 of 5 on 1/31/2012 8:15:00 PM More reviews by pointoforder

Age: 36-43 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

I have never been impressed with a Shea Butter anything - skincare, haircare, body care - and this hand cream was no exception. This comes in a metal tube and it comes out rather thick and greasy. The scent is not for everyone - make sure you like it before you buy it, because it is strong and lingers.

Although initially very greasy (it reminded me of the original Nivea cream), it does absorb within a minute or so with very little residual stickiness.

It is OK as a moisturizer but really doesn't work that well - the real test was my raggedy cuticles, and this product did nothing to improve them.

If you are in the mood to splurge on a hand cream, I would recommend Clarins' Hand and Nail Treatment Cream or Lancome's Absolue.

continued >>

rated 5 of 5 on 1/25/2012 11:26:00 AM More reviews by surf222

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Straight, Other Eyes: Green

I have been using this product for years. My hands are always better looking with this absorbent cream. I think the smell is nice and like the fact that it is thick. I like to give my hands a mini massage with it. The only drawback is the price...the tube lasts a long time since you only need a little amount, but it's just so expensive!

rated 2 of 5 on 1/23/2012 10:23:00 PM More reviews by xandreaaa

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I have this hand cream in the big tube, which I paid around $35 CAD for. other than the smell, I don't like this product. it is not nearly as moisturizing enough as they market it to be. the 20% Shea butter barely moisturizers my hands. I have really dry hands and this was supposed to change that! my $6 Drugstore Glysomed does a wayyy better job. I can't wait till I finish up this waste-of-money cream.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/23/2012 8:53:00 PM More reviews by jkangaroo

I have dry skin in general and especially on my hands during the winter. I love this hand cream. I guess the smells isn't for everyone, but I love it. It's a little "spicy" like baby lotion. The shea butter is great and absorbs quickly. I live in Southern California so maybe it wouldn't hold up in harsher weather, but for me, it's perfect. Only downside is that it's $10 for a little tube. Good thing a little goes a long way I usually buy it at Nordstrom's since it's closer to me than the L'Occitane store. .

rated 1 of 5 on 1/16/2012 2:51:00 PM More reviews by TenderMoon

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

This product may work but I'll never know because I can't get beyond the very long lasting stench. Every time I apply it I have to wash my hands within a few minutes. Giving up, not for me.