Bliss Labs Fabulous Foaming Face Wash

3.7

Water, Sodium Laureth Sulfate, Glycerin, Cocamidopropyl Betaine, Cocamide DEA, Acrylates/C10-30 Alkyl Acrylate Crosspolymer, Polyethylene, Triethanolamine, Rosa Canina Leaf Extract, Silybum Marianum Seed Extract, Passiflora Incarnata Flower Extract, Chamomilla Recutita (Matricaria) Leaf Extract, Acetyl Hexapeptide-8, PEG-12 Glyceryl Distearate, Glucosamine, Pentylene Glycol, Citric Acid, Parfum, Benzyl Benzoate, Methylparaben, Propylparaben, Methylisothiazolinone, CI 42090.

on 5/4/2009 2:02:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral

I originally got this as part of a travel kit, and I used it just for travel. Somehow I started using it regularly and I needed to buy a full-sized product, since I really like it. The F/S bottle is $22. This cleanser doesn't really foam up, or lather very well, like you would think a "Fabulous Foaming Face Wash" would, and it doesn't really feel like there are many exfoliating beads in it. But, one pump of this stuff (a pretty small amount) is enough for my face, and the beads really do exfoliate! I got pretty sunburned on my face last week, and when my nose was peeling, this really helped smooth the peeling skin, MUCH better than St. Ives Scrub did. I was really surprised, as I have used St. Ives for years now.

I am in a transition period where I don't really need acne products anymore, but just something to cleanse my skin! This doesn't irritate my skin, but I do need to apply moisturizer after using, as I have with every other product. I was not won over with one use, so if you decide to try it, try it for a while and give it a chance!

For reference, my skin is on the oily side, not very sensitive to products, and I use DHC cleansing oil to remove my makeup first (although FFFW says that it's also a MU remover, I have had good results w/ DHC, so why change?).

on 4/15/2009 6:25:00 PM

I received a sample of this from sephora. I enjoy the smell of this cleanser, quite refreshing! but in terms of its cleansing properties, I'd have to say it's not the best and like most reviewers have mentioned already, it doesn't foam all that well. I normally have to use a separate cleanser and wash my face about 3 times to feel clean!

on 3/22/2009 11:20:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

The smell of this cleanser is exactly like those feminine wipes from Always. It's not a bad smell, just a negative association. The cleanser itself doesn't clean all that well, nor does it foam. It definitely requires a facial sponge to really get makeup off and you have to use quite a bit of product. I am nearly finished my bottle and have yet to notice an exfoliating bead. A thoroughly mediocre product, not worth the money.

on 3/1/2009 2:04:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Not impressed. I used it and then looked in the mirror an hour later to discover patches of dry skin on my face. That never happens with my oily skin!

I found the smell quite noxious and I am usually ok with heavily fragranced (or even chemicals like DDF's sulfur mask) but this was just too sickly sweet or something.

on 2/27/2009 12:02:00 PM

After I went off birth control, my skin has been a hot mess.

I started using this face wash after I realized how much I was spending on Aveda products.

I like the face wash. I feel that I actually have to scrub to get the foam and beads to work...but it does work!

on 2/23/2009 9:05:00 PM

I don't think it's worth the price of effort because it doesn't cleanse very well. Doesn't remove eye makeup and it doesn't foam up as much as I'd like. I think this actually caused me to break out. Those little "beads" are pretty much useless.... Smells nice.

on 2/13/2009 7:38:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Tan, Not Sure

Hair: Black, Curly, Other

This face wash smells incredible and looks yummy too, but that does not make it a good face wash. I used this during a recent hotel stay after receiving a travel size bottle, and it was refreshing but not suitable for my sensitive skin. I only use this when my skin is clear and free from eczema irritation or dryness. I can imagine this working on oilier skin. The beads feel nice although I'm not sure they do much and it did not remove my makeup very well (but then again any cleanser I use is usually so gentle that it does not).

on 1/22/2009 8:54:00 PM

This product is a joke. The second ingredient, after water, is Sodium Laureth Sulfate, a pore-clogging irritant. I bought this product a number of months ago, used it for awhile, and then gave up on it. Now that I'm actually researching ingredients in products I realize what junk is in most Bliss products. Stay away.

on 12/2/2008 11:00:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

This is my new favorite face wash. It is slightly exfoliating, yet gentle, has a nice gel-like texture and smells fresh. Since I started using this face wash my skin is super smooth and soft. I love it and recommend it to anyone with combination skin, even sensitive.

on 10/28/2008 11:51:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Dark, Not Sure

Well for one it's not foaming. For two, I never felt like my face was getting cleaned. And then I found out that it wasn't! At one point my face had dirt and dead skin that was rolling off of my face (gross, I know) and there wasn't enough witch hazel in the world to take off whatever was left. It also broke me out, but I think that that's because of the non-cleaning factor.

Mandatory positive: At least it smelled good.