E.L.F. Shimmering Facial Whip

3.1

Price: $

Price: $

Aqua (Water), Cetyl Alcohol, Propylene Glycol, Glyceryl Stearate, Stearic Acid, Paraffinum Liquidum (Mineral Oil), Glycerin, Carbomer, Tocopheryl Acetate, Triethanolamine, Disodium EDTA, Methylparaben, Propylparaben, Fragrance (Aroma), Diazolidinyl Urea May Contain: Iron Oxides (CI 77491, CI 77492, CI 77499), Manganese Violet (CI 77742), Mica (CI 77019), Red No.33 Lake (CI 17200), Blue No.1 (CI 42090), Yellow No.5 Lake (CI 19140), Titanium Dioxide (CI 77891), Red No.40 Lake (CI 16035)

on 6/1/2010 2:43:00 AM

I absoultey hate this stuff. I can't use it on my cheeks because it's too frosty and don't want to look like a diso ball, can't use it on my lips cuz its just ..yea and don't even get me started on trying it to use it on your eyes. ARGh
If anyone wants it, send me a message and i'll gladly send it to you free of charge or do a swap with anyone =D.

on 5/2/2010 5:24:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine

This is one of the few E.L.F products I well and truly love beyond all reason! I've had Pink Lemonade, Lilac Petal, and Persimmon; the only one I still have is Persimmon, simply because it's the last one I've used up, but it's also my favorite. I like to put a tiny dot of product on my point finger, tap both of my pointer fingers together to "split up" the product, then put three dots on the apples of my cheeks in a triangle shape. Then I just blend the product in with my hand for a soft, dewy finish. They work fine on the eyes, but I don't care much for pink, and they're a bit drying on the lips unless you use a gloss. I took off one lippy because these do not work well on darker skin tones--they tend to turn ashy. Regardless, I really enjoy these and will continue to buy them!

on 4/30/2010 1:23:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

I bought this in Persimmon, which was a good shade for my colouring. Really like the texture and the finish - it gives a really nice sheen without being sparkly. The packaging is a bit rubbish though. The nozzle broke off, so now I can't put a cap on it. 80(

Have reordered the all over colour stick in the same shade - hopefully it will give the same effect without the packaging problems!

on 4/28/2010 7:16:00 PM

I own the Shimmering Facial Whip in Golden Peach, Lilac, Toasted, Citrus, and Persimmon.
All are beautiful! Just make sure you apply it carefully and test to see how much you need and where it looks best. I love this product! So much better than powder blush, makes my face much more lively.

on 4/27/2010 2:53:00 PM

This product is amazing as a base under eyeshadow. I found that the eyeshadow colors really intensify when applied over this whip.

A tiny amount goes a long way and you do have to work quickly to blend it, but once blended into the skin it leaves a delicate shimmery tint perfect for highlighting anything.

I bought this in the color "Golden Peach" and intended to use it as a highlighter. Unfortunately, it doesn't work with my skin tone. When the light is not shining directly on it, it looks orangey. The consistency is sort of thin, not very creamy, but a little does go a long way. The packaging is nice because the thin nozzle allows you to just get that tiny amount you need, so that's a plus. It was only a buck, so I'm not too distraught. I've read from reviewers below that this can mix well with body lotion to add some shimmer in the summertime. I'll probably try that, as I hate throwing away product. I might give this product another chance with a different, lighter color, but I'm not going to order from ELF again just for one thing. Overall, it's decent, but this color is probably best suited for medium to dark skin tones.

on 4/26/2010 3:08:00 PM

Skin: Other, Fair, Warm

Hair: Blond, Straight, Other

I just love this product! The price is awesome and the quality too. I own Lilac Petal (my favourite) and Golden Peach and I use it as a highlighter.

on 4/25/2010 8:31:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I got this in spotlight, and I adore it. It's like a white color in the tube, but when you put it on and blend it in, it's a faint white (hardly noticeable) color with a faint shimmer .

It works nicely as a highlighter.

P.S. This version of spotlight is less white than the stick version.

on 3/31/2010 8:23:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral

There's been tons of back and forth concerning this product. I'm NC20 and on me this is just wrong! It always leaves a line...no matter how much I blend...just not a good look for me. w/the light film over my skin (which is nasty) then the line that cannot be buffed out...ewww...gross!

on 3/10/2010 7:05:00 PM

im not bothered with the occasional drop of water, put the lid back on and squeeze it a couple of times and it's as good as new :)

I'm so glad i found this, i don't get why people call it glittery, it's not at all... And if you dont like shimmer, why would you buy a shimmer product and complain about it being shimmerey, lol! Say THAT three times in a row fast ^^'

i have fallen in love with these tubes and i'll buy it over and over and over again :) Lilac petal is an amazing highlighter, or i mix it with my moisuriser to get an all over glow.. and citrus is a super blush color for my nc15 skin :)