April 20, 2014 | 1497 users online

Blush - E.L.F. - Shimmering Facial Whip

image 0image 1image 2

• Price: $

rated 5 of 5 on 3/10/2010 7:05:00 PM More reviews by xCatx

im not bothered with the occasional drop of water, put the lid back on and squeeze it a couple of times and it's as good as new :)

I'm so glad i found this, i don't get why people call it glittery, it's not at all... And if you dont like shimmer, why would you buy a shimmer product and complain about it being shimmerey, lol! Say THAT three times in a row fast ^^'

i have fallen in love with these tubes and i'll buy it over and over and over again :) Lilac petal is an amazing highlighter, or i mix it with my moisuriser to get an all over glow.. and citrus is a super blush color for my nc15 skin :)

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 3/8/2010 9:06:00 PM More reviews by zhoo

I own a few of these and I like them. I see no difference from Benefit's High Beam. They are not glittery, they stick to my skin and stay put exactly where needed unlike loose shimmers. You need literally a dot or less in order to highlight yourself sufficiently in any way you see fit.

One downside - 'Toasted' separated and it took some kneading to mix the contents back together. But I won't bitch about it. I use them surprisingly often.

rated 4 of 5 on 2/22/2010 10:42:00 AM More reviews by ahensley0024

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

I bought one of each color, except for the bronzing one. I bought them with the intention of keeping them in my "purse makeup bag" which I use in the mornings when I am in a hurry, and for touchups throughout the day. They are convenient due to the tube, they travel well and you dont need a brush to apply. They last all day and impart a nice dewy/shimmery color.

rated 4 of 5 on 2/14/2010 3:24:00 PM More reviews by BlackBirdFly

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Black, Curly, Medium Eyes: Blue

I love this product. I have been searching for something to use as a highlighter on my cheeks. I tried moon beam by benefit and a few other random drug store products. I even resorted to trying eyeshadows. ha! Well, I ordered this product on a whim with a bunch of other E.L.F. products and this is definitely my favorite product from them. It leaves a gorgeous shimmer on my cheeks. It is a little watery, as someone mentioned, but I just shake it up and work out the excess water until I get to the product. My only issue is that you have to be careful about how much you use because there are sparkles that aren't apparent in indoor lighting but outside become very obvious. For the price I think this is an amazing deal. I'll definitely repurchase more when I run out.

rated 4 of 5 on 2/2/2010 9:00:00 PM More reviews by dancer9999

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I really like this product. I have it in spotlight and citris....they are really great highlights for you face and you only have to use a little bit. Deffidently recomend!!

rated 1 of 5 on 1/30/2010 5:30:00 PM More reviews by sormag

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

omg...why is mine waterary?
when i squeeze the product out, there is water coming out :(
and then i can never control how much comes out...so i usually have too much....
i used it as a brush and left it at my bf's place just in case i don't have anything else
but never again will i buy this...

rated 4 of 5 on 1/2/2010 2:05:00 AM More reviews by Purpledaisy2

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Curly, Fine Eyes: Blue

I use this in Toasted as a bronzer. It looks very natural on my pale skin. I really love this product and have gone through several tubes in the past year.

rated 1 of 5 on 12/31/2009 3:50:00 PM More reviews by diorbella413

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Blue

this product is marketed to be something that you can use on your eyes, lips, or cheeks. i'm not a huge fan of shimmer, so maybe thats where my problem lies with this product. i look like a disco ball if i put this on my cheeks, it's too watery to use as a eyeshadow base, and it tastes to horrible to even consider ever putting it on my lips again. the smell of this product is horrendous, i wish elf would change the scent of their regular line products to something more appealing than "orange sugar" it's really a turn off from these products. the one that i do use occasionally from these shimmering facial whips is the solor spotlight -- i use this as a highlight or mix it with my clients foundation to give a glowy effect.

rated 4 of 5 on 12/28/2009 2:42:00 AM More reviews by GlamourBella

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I really liked this product. I have very fair skin and the Lilac Petal color provided me with a very nice silvery-pinky glow- not at all purple as the name might suggest. It actually rivaled my BENEFIT hi beam! But at a much more reasonable price. :) I did not find it to be gritty at all, and after it dried on my skin it had pretty good staying power. I do NOT use this as a blush, it is definitely a shimmer. It looks great on my cheekbones, under my brows, and at my lip's cupids bow. ;)

--UPDATE--: Unfortunately, it looks like over time the product becomes more prone to separation. It's pretty gross to squeeze the tube and only clear liquid with a few tiny flecks of shimmer comes out :/

The only con actually just came up yesterday, after about 2-3 months of use. The ingredients seem to be separating every other application or so, so sometimes when I squeeze the tube, I get a clear liquid instead of the shimmer cream. But I feel that this may be a fluke with mine and not with all others. I bought this online with one of their promotions, but if I saw this in stores, I'd definitely repurchase again and again!

rated 2 of 5 on 11/18/2009 12:47:00 AM More reviews by MissVeronyka

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I have two of these. The white one and the Lilac Petal one. I honestly can not find a use for these. They don't work properly for highlight for me and I have tried using them as a base for my shadows....disaster there.....and I am no way going to use these on my lips. I wouldn't repurchase these..even though they are only $1.00 each, I think I would rather spend my dollar on something else that elf has to offer.