MAC Blot Powder

4.2

Dimethicone, Silica, Kaolin, Water, Hydrolyzed Soy Protein, Caprylyl Glycol, Hexylene Glycol, Methicone, Coconut Acid, Phenoxyethanol. May Contain: Mica, Iron Oxid lllol

on 10/25/2012 9:19:00 AM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I am already hitting pan on this product. AMAZING. I have skin that can produce oil enough to fry a sunny side up and this magic power can actually control the sebum and made my skin matte longer! And even if towards the afternoon like 5-6pm, my skin is oily, but it just looks like i have glowing moisturized skin! I was really amazed by this product. My colour is NC25-NC30 and I am using the colour Medium Dark. I highly recommend this to all the oily girls. Try it out! You'll be as amazed as i was :D

on 10/24/2012 8:19:00 PM

I only use this if my skin is acting really oily, but it isn't one of my go to products. I prefer wearing my mineralize skinfinish alone and that is enough oil control for me. But if you have really oily skin this would likely work for you. The only thing I am not crazy about is that I find that sometimes it looks and feels a bit heavy.

on 10/23/2012 12:46:00 PM

I was looking for something to dust over my face during the day to control shine on my chin, nose and forehead. I had been using mineral powder and it looked great at first but then a few hours later I was a shiny mess. I am SOOOO glad I found this blot powder. I dust a little over my shiny areas and it instantly mattifies it without adding a bunch of cakey colored powder. This is now a staple in my makeup routine.

on 10/18/2012 9:11:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

Tentative HG powder for my oily skin! My skin is in the NC25-30 and I use "Medium Dark", so this powder actually runs quite light. It has very little color, so I would use it more as a setting powder.

It's not a miracle worker, but it does cut shine instantly and it is great for setting your concealer / foundation. I actually think I get some of that "airbrushed" look after I use it because it's finely-milled and softens everything. I apply with a big poofy brush because you don't need much. (In fact, if you add too much, you'll end up looking a bit cakey).

I've been using this product daily for months now and have made a dent in it, although I haven't seen pan yet. I'm fairly confident one compact of this will last you at least a year with daily use, which is great considering that it's not TOO expensive. Another winner from MAC!

on 10/18/2012 8:30:00 AM

Perfect pressed powder for my extremely oily skin. Cover my pore but still looking nature. My skin is also no more breakout like other powders. I love kaolin ingredient contained and no Talc in this Blot Powder. White Kaolin is one of the rare best ingredients that help absorb oil on my skin. I'm so satisfied on its quality. However, hope having a separate place to put its puff, like Mac Studio Fix Foundation plus Powder, instead of directly put onto powder.

on 10/15/2012 2:23:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral

This is my HG powder. I'm NW15 and use Medium (the colors run really light). It's made any foundation I use last much longer than with other powders. I use a puff to press the powder into places where I'm oily, and a brush on the other areas. I find if I puff everywhere, it will cling to my dry spots a little, but using a light hand and a brush solves that issue.

on 10/8/2012 6:59:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

DEFINITELY WILL BE RE-PURCHASING! My HG pressed setting/blotting powder! I can't believe i didn't no about this earlier! My oily, shiny, greasy days are over!!!

on 10/5/2012 2:34:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

This powder made my life complete. I have extremely oily skin and this powder not only gets rid of the oil but also prevents it from happening. I set my make up with it, and blot my face with blotting papers once a day, and then re-apply the powder. I recommend this to everyone.

on 9/30/2012 9:34:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Warm

Hair: Other, Wavy, Fine

A life saver. Ended my decade long struggle with an always oily tzone. Perfect. THANK YOU JESUS for this products existence and for me finally finding it!!!!!! I love it so much I can't even think of what to say. I have a super oily tzone and it takes the tiniest amount to lightly blot it away, and it STAYS away for hours and hours... HG!!!! Buy it! You won't be sorry! Just remember it takes very little to do a whole lot! You get your moneys worth for sure.

on 9/25/2012 9:57:00 AM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Not Sure

amazing!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! i will NEVER buy another pressed powder ever again! this is a tad on the expensive side for a powder but so worth it. i am 30 years of age and still get extremely oily skin. i only have to reapply some of this once during the day. i wish i'd known about this in my teenage years, it would've made a big difference to my confidence :(

*****UPDATE*****
after a week of using this, i broke out in the most terrible spots, even on my forehead which i never, ever get spots on. it also seemed to stop working altogether, my skin was oilier than ever. this product has put me off trying any other MAC products.

Recommended for Normal Skin