MAC Blot Powder

4.2

Dimethicone, Silica, Kaolin, Water, Hydrolyzed Soy Protein, Caprylyl Glycol, Hexylene Glycol, Methicone, Coconut Acid, Phenoxyethanol. May Contain: Mica, Iron Oxid lllol

on 3/20/2013 3:44:00 PM

This powder is a great one for oily t-zoned people like me. It blots all the oil without caking my face. I sometimes even use this powder to set my foundation since there isn't much color. I always have this compact with me. I don't leave the house without it.

I purchased this in Medium Dark (although I am fair skinned, this color's fine. the powder in Light looks grey for some reason) for $26 CAD 3 months ago. I have hit pan quite a bit and will have to repurchase soon.

My only negative about this is the applicator. I absolutely hate it. I prefer to use a kabuki or any other brush but when I'm out I have no choice.

on 3/20/2013 4:05:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Olive, Warm

I have an oily t-zone and when it shines it SHINES. I use my MAC Prolongwear foundation (which lasts forever by the way) and once I get shiny I dab this on my forehead, nose and chin. You can't see the powder and it actually makes my face look smoother. Shine is gone and it lasts for about 2-3 hours. This is the best touch up product when you go out for a long time. Love this.

on 3/12/2013 6:34:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Dark, Not Sure

I so wanted to love this product but it didn't work for me, and my skin isn't very oily. Its effect lasts about 2 hours top, whereas the random loose powders I've used last much longer. My drugstore pressed powders also performed better.

on 2/22/2013 11:55:00 PM

I had been buying Maybelline Shine Free which has been ok for me. I was at the mall getting other MAC items, so decided to get the compact of Blot Powder in Medium (shade). I am NW20. I'm in my 50s, and have rather large pores. This does a good job of keeping down the shine for several hours and does a better job of concealing pores than the Maybelline did. I will have to check it out in daylight to see how it's looking tomorrow. For now, I would buy again.

on 2/8/2013 2:19:00 AM

I have combination skin so I love that I can repeatedly apply this powder without ever feeling like I'm adding anything or clogging pores.

Although it does come in different shades, this is not for coverage. It is aptly named "blot" powder as the whole point is to get rid of oil and shine.

I've bought it in both compact and loose powder form and are must haves in my makeup kit.

on 1/21/2013 1:14:00 AM

Wow! I used this for the first time today and I am very impressed!
I don't have super oily skin, however as the working day goes on, either side of my nose and chin can become quite oily which causes my makeup to slip off in those areas. Today when these areas began to become shiny I applied a small amount of my new blot powder (in medium plus) and shine was gone! To be honest I was waiting for it to get oily again within an hour or so, but a few hours later and oil and shine is still at bay!
I was originally super hesitant to buy this powder but now I'm so glad I did! Plus I found the price to be very affordable and i think the compact will last me a long time.

on 1/12/2013 7:32:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Everyone has different skin and has different products which helps there skin so for my review my experience was great I have oily skin so I would powder my tone and wouldn't have to touch up again through the day I also use Laura mercier skin brightening powder so if you haven't tried that I would try it its 18.50 in self ridges and it sets the under eye great so between the two you can't call it for there good in there own ways

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Neutral

Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse

Blot Powder did a good job of setting my foundation to help it last longer without getting cakey or making me look like a ghost. I'm not super oily these days, more like normal to combination, but this helped control shine all day. I never found the need to touch up later in the day.

I used it for about a month, then I noticed more and more zits starting to pop up. I finally returned it to MAC when I realized the breakout wasn't getting any better and I had way more zits than I normally do. I know that this product was the culprit since I'm careful to only change one thing in my routine at a time.

Looking at the ingredients, it was probably the coconut acid. I figured this may turn out bad but I wanted to try it anyway. A Google search turned up an old formulation that didn't contain this ingredient, so who knows whether or not the old formulation was better for acne-prone skin. If you're afraid of breakouts, I would avoid this product unless you're willing to take the risk.

on 12/24/2012 6:30:00 AM

Hair: Brunette, Other, Medium

I was disappointed in this product. I tried it with different foundations, but every time it makes my make up look cakey and uneven whenever I use it to set my make up or touch up my T zone later in the day. Whether I stipple on lightly or puff it on... nothing worked! : (

Plus, two of my Blot powders broke in the pan. Seems like a fragile formula, so I don't know how people carry this in their purse. This is one product to avoid from MAC. But their SFN powders are amazing and HG!

on 12/11/2012 8:32:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Warm

I wouldnt buy this again because i think that the MSFN would be better as a blot.
this finish of my blot powder grey on my face, i have DARK and i have MSFN in med dark.
This does its job; takes away excess oil from your face during the day but i find that my oils return in about 3 hours. The packaging is great; a sleek black compact with a mirror in the lid though there is no little compartment for a sponge.
The powder is relatively fine and picks up easily on a brush. some people use this as a setting powder but i personally feel that it isnt good enough for that. i prefer banana powder by BEN NYE or MSFN because the finishes are more healthy looking and natural.
Blow powder doesnt really add a colour to your face, but the colour i chose does if you put too much of it on. i thought that if i bougth MED DARK then it would be too light if i put it on my face, but maybe thats what i need to do in order to be happy with this product.
it was no more than $24USD and it is roughly around $40 AUD.