December 21, 2014 | 867 users online

Moisturizers - Clinique - Superdefense SPF 25 Age Defense Moisturizer

rated 5 of 5 on 3/8/2009 11:24:00 PM More reviews by mrsdarcy001

I love this product. It is the best non-oily sunscreen I have found. It absorbs completely and leaves my skin feeling silky and ready for makeup - not at all greasy. I wish it was in a tube instead of a jar so the antioxidants would remain stable. That is my only complaint.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/8/2009 3:17:00 PM More reviews by iluvzaaji

Love the product...absorbed completely within five minutes. My skin feels soft and not oily at all (have the combo oily to oily cream). The cream itself looks rich in the jar but is light and applies like a dream...love it! Can't beat the spf 25 either!

rated 2 of 5 on 3/2/2009 2:17:00 PM More reviews by madison7

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Loved the old version of this cream but something changed when they reformulated and this made my skin break out in red splotches all over my face with burning and itching as well. When first applied, I noticed an evening of my skin tone and smoothness. But the rashes that soon followed will keep me away from this product for good.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/25/2009 7:18:00 PM More reviews by devilzwind

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This is my holy grail daytime moisturizer - I have repurchased several times already. I have combination skin, and so apply it minimally on my t-zone. The texture is nice and feels smooth and not sticky on my skin. Love the broad spectrum sunscreen.

rated 4 of 5 on 2/17/2009 11:08:00 AM More reviews by tinkerwish

I came across this product while browsing through the makeup counters today. At first I was quite sceptical, as I tried Clinique moisturizer before and it didn't work on my skin, but when I saw it has SPF in it I couldn't help but feeling intrigued.

I asked the SA to sample both cream (for combo to dry and combo to oily skin) and tested it on the back of my hand; combo/dry on left and combo/oily on the right (i have very dry cheeks, but oily t-zone..sometimes moisturizer for dry skin is too rich for me, but if I use moisturizer for oily skin it'd make my cheeks dry).

Then I went home and waited to see how the different formula work on my skin. After 2 hours, the skin on my left hand is so soft, supple, and feels nice, while the right one suddenly flaking..like it's been rubbed with exfoliator and it looks matte and not as supple nor smooth as my right hand. After 4 hours my left hand is still soft! I think I will buy this product (combo to dry), albeit its slightly expensive price, as soon as I go to dept.store again. I hope it will work the same way on my skin.

**I don't like the smell of this product, but it's gone after around 10-15 mins and leaves no trace of fragrance/aroma whatsoever.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/30/2009 8:56:00 PM More reviews by StarsnRocketsES

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Fine Eyes: Brown

While this product is expensive, it works really well on dry wintery skin. I used this product in the dry skin formula. The more you use this product the better your skin becomes. It took about two weeks before I began to see any improvements in my skin. By the time, I made it to the second jar, I was sold on this product, as my skin no longer had any dry areas.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/30/2009 12:41:00 AM More reviews by Helen031

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I've already bought this several times. There are many similar products out there but this one is the best. I judge these day time spf moisturizers on how well they stay underneath makeup because some moisturizers rub off. But this one works well with all my makeup so I'm very pleased with this. The higher spf is great too even though the texture of the cream is quite light. I use the dry combination cream. It's moisturizing enough and comfortable. Will definitely continue to buy this even though it's rather expensive.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/19/2009 6:23:00 PM More reviews by piedbeauty

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Silver, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Hazel

I have combination/oily skin, and this moisturizer works great on it. It protects the skin with the SPF 25, but it doesn't have the irritating ingredients so many high SPF products have.

rated 3 of 5 on 1/3/2009 8:20:00 AM More reviews by luna9

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I used the old Superdefense for a few years, and I was really happy with it. But I just opened my first jar of the newly reformulated version, and I hate it. The first thing I noticed was that the new version has a really awful smell that does not seem to fade. I can still smell it on my face just as strongly now as when I first put it on hours ago.

The smell is similar to some other Clinique products, it smells like the ones in the green packages. I noticed that they also changed the jar color of superdefense from white to green. So maybe they changed the smell on purpose so it would fit in with the 'green colored' line.

It's also burning the skin around my eye, which it never did before.

rated 3 of 5 on 12/28/2008 10:18:00 AM More reviews by meral

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Hazel

I really dont like this cream. I bought the one for normal to combination skin, I have combo skin but age over 30.;) It felt to siliconish on my skin. And I hate the smell, so chemistry like, beah.. Normally I'm not very sensitive to smell or silicones but this is definatly tooo much. I tried it, use it again and again but no, it's def not for me, hate it, especially because of he price I paid for it.
When I have it on my skin, I feel like it is Nivea cream, and my pores were looking so BİG and felt closed with it, and did I tell the smell ??
A really no-go!
I'm sure other creams from clinique are much better. Maybe its bad because of its high SPF?? It's difficult to make a good cream with high SPF.