Clinique Superdefense SPF 25 Age Defense Moisturizer

3.8

PPD: 5, Active Ingredients: Octisalate 5.00%, Oxybenzone 5.00%, Avobenzone 3.00% Ingredients: Water/Aqua/Eau, Dimethicone, Isopropyl PPG-2-Isodeceth-7,Carboxylate, Butyloctyl Salicylate, Polyester-8,Butylene Glycol, Cetearyl Alcohol, Silica, Glyceryl Stearate, PEG-100 Stearate, Glycerin, Hydrogenated Lecithin, Coffea Robusta Seed Extract, Echinacea Pallida (Coneflower Extract), Rosemarinus Officianlis (Rosemary) Extract, Padina Pavonica (Thallis) Extract, Petrolatum, Sea Whip Extract, Jojoba Esters, Adenosine Phosphate, Disodium NADH, Rehalose, Creatine, Sodium RNA, Caffeine, Nordhydroguaiaretic Acid, Sodium DNA, Phytosphingosine, Linoleic Acid, Cholesterol, Ferulic Acid, Ascorbyl Tocopheryl Maleate, Lauroyl Lysine, Sodium Hyaluronate, Aminopropyl Ascorbyl Phosphate, Tocopheryl Acetate, Sucrose, Micrococcus Lysate, Astrocaryum Murumuru Seed Butter, Cetearyl Glycoside, Laurdimonium Hydropropyl Hydrolyzed Soy Protein, Dimethiconol, Lecithin, Algae Extract, Hexylene Glycol, Ethylhexyl Stearate, Ethylhexyl Palmitate, Proplene Glycol Dicaprate, Chamomilla Recutita (Matricaria), Maltodextrin, C1-8 Alkyl Tetrahydroxycyclohexanoate,Caprylyl Glycol, Isohexadecane, Polyethylene, Ethylhexylglycerin, Zeolite, Behenyl Alcohol, Hydroxymethylcellulose, Polysorbate 80, Acrylamide/Sodium Acryloyldimethyltaurate Coploymer, Acrylates/C10-30 Alkyl Acrylate Crosspolymer, Tromethamine, Decarboxy Carnosine HCL, Xathan Gum, Sodium Chloride, Potassium Sulfate, Disodim EDTA, Phenoxyethanol [ILN34338]

on 3/9/2009 4:34:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral

I loved the old formula. I had been using them for years.
Today for the first time I tried the new one, and now my face is all red and it hurts.
I am very disappointed in their change of formula.

I'm on my third jar of this so I think it's safe to say that I like it. I use the combination to oily version and love how it sinks into my skin and makes it feel hydrated without looking shiny. I haven't tried the new formulation yet but when I do I will update.

on 3/8/2009 11:24:00 PM

I love this product. It is the best non-oily sunscreen I have found. It absorbs completely and leaves my skin feeling silky and ready for makeup - not at all greasy. I wish it was in a tube instead of a jar so the antioxidants would remain stable. That is my only complaint.

on 3/8/2009 3:17:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure

Love the product...absorbed completely within five minutes. My skin feels soft and not oily at all (have the combo oily to oily cream). The cream itself looks rich in the jar but is light and applies like a dream...love it! Can't beat the spf 25 either!

on 3/2/2009 2:17:00 PM

Loved the old version of this cream but something changed when they reformulated and this made my skin break out in red splotches all over my face with burning and itching as well. When first applied, I noticed an evening of my skin tone and smoothness. But the rashes that soon followed will keep me away from this product for good.

on 2/25/2009 7:18:00 PM

This is my holy grail daytime moisturizer - I have repurchased several times already. I have combination skin, and so apply it minimally on my t-zone. The texture is nice and feels smooth and not sticky on my skin. Love the broad spectrum sunscreen.

on 2/17/2009 11:08:00 AM

I came across this product while browsing through the makeup counters today. At first I was quite sceptical, as I tried Clinique moisturizer before and it didn't work on my skin, but when I saw it has SPF in it I couldn't help but feeling intrigued.

I asked the SA to sample both cream (for combo to dry and combo to oily skin) and tested it on the back of my hand; combo/dry on left and combo/oily on the right (i have very dry cheeks, but oily t-zone..sometimes moisturizer for dry skin is too rich for me, but if I use moisturizer for oily skin it'd make my cheeks dry).

Then I went home and waited to see how the different formula work on my skin. After 2 hours, the skin on my left hand is so soft, supple, and feels nice, while the right one suddenly flaking..like it's been rubbed with exfoliator and it looks matte and not as supple nor smooth as my right hand. After 4 hours my left hand is still soft! I think I will buy this product (combo to dry), albeit its slightly expensive price, as soon as I go to dept.store again. I hope it will work the same way on my skin.

**I don't like the smell of this product, but it's gone after around 10-15 mins and leaves no trace of fragrance/aroma whatsoever.

Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Not Sure

Hair: Brown, Other, Fine

While this product is expensive, it works really well on dry wintery skin. I used this product in the dry skin formula. The more you use this product the better your skin becomes. It took about two weeks before I began to see any improvements in my skin. By the time, I made it to the second jar, I was sold on this product, as my skin no longer had any dry areas.

on 1/30/2009 12:41:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure

I've already bought this several times. There are many similar products out there but this one is the best. I judge these day time spf moisturizers on how well they stay underneath makeup because some moisturizers rub off. But this one works well with all my makeup so I'm very pleased with this. The higher spf is great too even though the texture of the cream is quite light. I use the dry combination cream. It's moisturizing enough and comfortable. Will definitely continue to buy this even though it's rather expensive.

on 1/19/2009 6:23:00 PM

Hair: Silver, Curly, Coarse

I have combination/oily skin, and this moisturizer works great on it. It protects the skin with the SPF 25, but it doesn't have the irritating ingredients so many high SPF products have.

Popular Moisturizers