October 25, 2014 | 859 users online

Powder - Maybelline - PureStay Powder Foundation [DISCONTINUED]

This product has been discontinued

rated 2 of 5 on 6/24/2010 12:46:00 PM More reviews by andr3awatermelon

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This product cracked on me alot. Its good for redness and provides moderate coverage. It helped with touching up shine but not preventing it. I wouldnt repurchase, it did look a bit cakey.

rated 3 of 5 on 6/18/2010 11:31:00 PM More reviews by iamanalien

I bought this because of the raves here and it was on sale. The coverage is ok. I guess I just didn't pick the right color. 50 Natural Beige is a bit pinkish on me. The package looks cheap especially the sponge. Well I didn't know what to expect, it was my first powder foundation under $10. Maybe would repurchase another color when on sale?

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/4/2010 1:18:00 PM More reviews by catisland

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

UPDATE: Not so much in love with this anymore. The product does indeed crack after you're about halfway through, and I'm finding it feels heavier and heavier each time I use it. It's still a great powder foundation option, but as my skin gets drier along with the near-desert like dryness of the air here in California, it's just no longer a good option for me right now. I've returned to CG Clean Makeup powder in fragrance free for now. I won't take away any stars because it still seems a much better option than any other mineral/powder formula I've ever tried, but it's just no longer an every day choice any more.

What a great find -- who knew this has been sitting in the drugstore all these years?

I am not a big powder or mineral foundation fan, but I needed a regular finishing powder and the recent revamp of the Cover Girl Clean line left me without an inexpensive, easy to find option. In a desperation move -- I needed something fast -- I picked this up in the lightest color despite the clunky packaging.

The lightest color in this is slightly darker than my CG Classic Ivory, put it's also got much better undertones -- more neutral/warm -- so it actually looks better in the long run.

While it's a heavier powder, meant to be used alone as a foundation, I find that using a brush and a light hand creates a much lighter look than if I use the sponge applicator, so you really can use it alone or as a finishing powder.

I also switched my foundation to a very sheer, lightweight formula, and that combined with this powder give me perfectly flawless skin. The amazing thing is, it's not heavy -- you can still see my freckles if I use a very light hand -- and it doesn't collect in lines or pores like other powders I've used.

Also, unlike powdered mineral foundations, this stuff doesn't suck the moisture out of your face so you end up looking ten years older after three days of use.

I use a light primer-ish moisturizer, my lightweight foundation (an Avon one I had an extra jar of -- it's that lightweight one in a glass jar with the gray top -- forget the name, and it may be phased out soon anyway), a touch of concealer (still use CG neutralizer concealer in the lipstick-like container), the PureStay powder applied lightly with a brush, my usual eye/cheek/lip stuff, and then finish it all with a spritz or two of Reviva Rosewater Toner Spray.

The result is a lightweight, natural finish that looks completely natural while evening out and covering where needed.

Now, with my luck, they'll phase out PureStay now that they have a couple of new foundation formulas on the market. Cheap enough to stock up, though, and if you're using it lightly, it lasts forever.

rated 4 of 5 on 5/29/2010 1:50:00 PM More reviews by shamsiruhe

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

great for acne-prone and sensitive skin
    packaging is ideal: compact with sponge and mirror
    rinse out/wash sponge with baby soap

pile on as much as you want
    never cakes up
    color stays true

oily skin will need to keep re-applying
    though there is a "dewy finish" grace period

one to always have in your purse

rated 4 of 5 on 4/28/2010 8:42:00 PM More reviews by kar212

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

I have gone through two of these. this is the best powder foundation i have used!

Pros:
    Great coverage for a powder
    didnt break me out
    great price

cons:
    Not a great color selection-a little on the dark side
    Can look a bit cakey

Overall:
    I absolutly loooove this powder foundation!

rated 3 of 5 on 4/26/2010 11:26:00 PM More reviews by angelcake910

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

Little too cakey . . . maybe it will work better if you only use this product alone, without the liquid foundation underneath like how I used.
    It's not a bad product, though. It did smooth out my skin.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/19/2010 6:45:00 PM More reviews by HotCurry

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

This is by far the most cosmetically elegant powder foundation I have tried, both high and low end alike! I am using this in the darkest shade, Tan and I'm about an NC40 in Mac. My skin is oily in the tzone, dry in the cheeks, and I have large pores, so I prefer a powder to a liquid but every powder foundation I have tried 1) doesn't cover and 2) makes my pores look worse, not better. This is the only powder foundation that actually gives coverage like a liquid...it smooths over pores, covers really well, and has a beautiful airbrushed finish! It does contain a chemical spf, and I happen to be sensitive to those, so I'm hoping my skin doesn't react, but I will update if it does. For now, I love this!

rated 1 of 5 on 4/16/2010 12:32:00 PM More reviews by littlemissrebel

this product to me made my skin very oily and it does not do what is says i thought it was my foundation so i kept switching and then i relized it was this powder that made my skin look oily would not buy again!!!!!!!!!!

rated 3 of 5 on 4/14/2010 7:32:00 PM More reviews by chi27

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Black, Curly, Other Eyes: Brown

when i tried this i was impressed coz my skin didn't turn out super oily at the end of the day. i have combination skin- more on the oily part of it. i only gave it 3 lippies because some parts of my face became itchy and had a tingly sensation at times maybe because i'm allergic to one of it's ingredients or it dried some parts of my skin which i didn't experience in most of the maybelline powders and foundations that i've tried. still i would buy this because it didn't break me out and because of the spf.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/12/2010 9:42:00 PM More reviews by stacinv

Age: 36-43 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I have oily skin so liquid foundations slide off of my face half way through the day. I was using Revlon Colorstay and guess what... it didn't stay! So I gave up and bought the PureStay Powder Foundation. So far I love it! It absorbs the oil and has pretty good coverage. I do have to reapply throughout the day but I keep it in my purse when I need it. I do put moisturizer on my dry patches or else it looks flaky.