April 20, 2014 | 1964 users online

Treatments - The Body Shop - Tea Tree Oil

rated 3 of 5 on 8/3/2010 8:19:00 PM More reviews by emthu

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I use this as a spot-treatment - not every night so it's lasted me several months now. It's effective at drying out blemishes, not the best but it does the job.
Terrible packaging though. I wasn't sure how to extract the oil at first - and often will spill way too much out. I'm still using it for those emergency breakouts but won't be repurchasing this product.

rated 4 of 5 on 8/2/2010 6:48:00 AM More reviews by ydtp

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Brown

Works very well for drying out spots and blemishes. It is a UK product so obviously having it shipping to USA will jack up the price, here it is reasonably priced.
Packaging is ok, it is a small glass bottle do don't drop it on a hard floor, because it'll chip and leak! So don't leave it around the bathroom..
Personally I love this product!

rated 3 of 5 on 7/18/2010 1:06:00 AM More reviews by michyy

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

i forgot the price of this product, it's been on my bathroom countertop for quite a while. i think 12 dollars? a bit pricey, but i have a 250 mL bottle, and i use a qtip to soak it with tea tree oil, and i apply it to pimples. last night, i had an ugly pimple with pus in it, and in the morning, the pus was gone! i don't know.. did it pop during my sleep..? it wasn't red and bloody in the morning, it just looked like a closed little bump on my skin which really surprised me, cause those kind of pimples would usually have somme dry blood.. but i guess this tea tree oil worked on it! haha surprised me too.

i may repurchase this again, but probably in a smaller tube 'cause i don't use this often. hope this helps!

rated 2 of 5 on 7/7/2010 1:42:00 PM More reviews by neha24

This product is useless besides being way too costly for its quality and effectiveness(the one I bought from a Health Shop had far better efficacy). It's nothing close to pure tea tree essential oil, and thus, works like any other diluted substance which apparently has no or minute effect. One would expect to wait for a year or so to observe satisfactory results, of which at least I' am not sure. Anyway, as suggested by others, it is absolutely good for nothing/ waste of money....

rated 3 of 5 on 7/1/2010 3:38:00 AM More reviews by karmiekins

Okay packaging... Very expensive for this little bottle.

I've been only using this for 1.5 weeks and I'm already over halfway through the bottle! :(

But, it doesnt break me out and my pimples get smaller.

rated 2 of 5 on 6/22/2010 10:49:00 PM More reviews by crb234

*******DO NOT BUY TEA TREE OIL FROM THE BODY SHOP*******

This tea tree oil is .33 fl oz. and it costs about $9.00 I got "Dessert Essence" tea tree oil from Whole Foods for $11.00 - and i got 2 fl oz. I LOVE tea tree oil, but this price is SO JACKED.

Also, this tea tree oil from The Body Shop is only 15% tea tree oil. The one I got from Whole Foods is 100%.

DO NOT BUY IT from the body shop. Waste of money.

rated 3 of 5 on 6/18/2010 10:27:00 PM More reviews by starberry237

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Other, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

This bottle lasted me for about 5 months even though it is a very tiny bottle. This product didn't help with any large pores but what it did do was help minimize the small pores i had. It faded my acne scars and works sometimes in preventing pimples from coming. The cap is tight and secure which i liked but the product is hard to use. I had to pour the product onto my finger which made it difficult. it has a skinny tube when you open the cap, but sometimes too much product pours out on my finger or you have to wait a while for the oil to come out. It has a medicated smell to it which i didn't mind. overall, this product wasn't worth buying as there are cheaper alternatives.
Price: regular. $10CAD

rated 4 of 5 on 6/18/2010 8:14:00 AM More reviews by AshleyKat

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Fair, Neutral Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

A great product that you rub over red blemishes. It fades the spot over night and reduces the redness. I don't like how it doesn't come with an applicator- and that I have to use a Q-tip or finger to rub it onto my skin.

Doesn't work on extremely heavy acne-prone skin though. Also don't expect it to reduce giant pimples.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/3/2010 9:13:00 AM More reviews by lauren5millar

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

this would be a must have for me best thing for spots i think

rated 5 of 5 on 5/23/2010 4:27:00 AM More reviews by ladyrenegade96

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Black

Brilliant, versatile product. Mix with your favourite body wash for body acne, and with witch hazel for a very effective toner. Good for spots, especially popped and bleeding ones.