July 30, 2014 | 1990 users online

Eye Shadow - MAC - Veluxe Pearl - Expensive Pink

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/12/2010 1:59:00 AM More reviews by bloodyroses

This shadow is a goldy-orange with some pink in it. Definitely a great gateway shadow for me a couple years ago to other bright colours and it's a good colour to spice up a neutral look. It's very pigmented, smooth and blendable.

rated 4 of 5 on 5/11/2010 12:12:00 AM More reviews by Lux77

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I rather enjoy this color. If I'm going simple I throw this on my lids with my nymphette lipglass and a little blush, I like its kinda peachy coral on me.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 5/6/2010 12:31:00 PM More reviews by xoxjulie21xox

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Straight, Other Eyes: Brown

I've noticed this is either a hit or a miss, I bought this because all of the rave reviews on YouTube. I'm nc42 for reference and it looks ok on me I think if u have different bases you can create a beautiful look. What I usually do when wearing this is apply rule all over my lid and then expensive pink right on top, then I blend it out with saddle and add either a dark brown or sketch to my crease! It looks beautiful like this!!!

rated 5 of 5 on 5/6/2010 10:11:00 AM More reviews by Xandrra

I was a bit on the fence about this product at the start, but now I love it!
I makes me look sickly if I use it as an over the lid colour, but applied t the outer V it gives a gorgeous pinky/coral shade :) The pigmentation and blendability are excellent, would repurchase!

I like pairing this with UD's x eyeshadow and Jest.

rated 4 of 5 on 5/6/2010 10:01:00 AM More reviews by bellagemma

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

On me, nc37, its not pink but more of a peach/coral like NARS Orgasm blush or MAC Springsheen blush. It's still pretty and the texture is extremely smooth, pigmented-one of the better MAC shadows.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/6/2010 9:09:00 AM More reviews by sniigg

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Dark, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

I love it love it love it.......It looks so gorgeous on my skin tone....

rated 5 of 5 on 5/6/2010 5:30:00 AM More reviews by mishkee

I love this color! It is so pretty on my dark blue eyes. It is super pigmented and I can mix it with many different colors. This is one of my everyday colors and I LOVE it!

rated 4 of 5 on 4/27/2010 2:38:00 PM More reviews by bittersweetmoment

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

This colour is like a corally, pink, peachy, gold. It's absolutely lovely in the pan and transfers just as beautifully to the lids :)
I would only caution those who are pale like myself to avoid heavy usage around the inner corner/under the eye due to it making you look sick.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 4/16/2010 12:50:00 PM More reviews by chrisie

The color looked really nice in the pan & on eyelid.I tried this with *Swiss chocolate,when eyes were closed looked nice,but against my eye coloring I wasn't too sure if this was a eye combination I would wear on normal basis.A+ on the color.For me though,I won't re-purchase =(

rated 3 of 5 on 4/10/2010 11:16:00 PM More reviews by coldkiwi

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Other, Warm Hair: Other, Curly, Other Eyes: Brown

They color payoff is amazing, very rich. Smooth and blendable too. It's a gorgeous color, but the duochrome effects aren't that obvious, not on me at least. Or maybe I'm just used to duochromes being very light reflective and shimmery (ex. MAC Blue Brown piggie) However, I LOVE the color in the pan and on light skin, but on my dark skin it's kind of awkward - a very bright golden coral-y orange color with a small hint of pink. Maybe with other colors it would look better. I should try using it over a hot pink base to bring out the pink, will update once I've tried it. :)

So, it's not bad, it's just I don't like the color on me.