October 31, 2014 | 850 users online

Concealers - Bobbi Brown - Corrector

rated 5 of 5 on 2/14/2013 1:11:00 AM More reviews by Jake84

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I'm a makeup artist and I've worked with a lot of different lines in my career. This is one of a few products I have actually seen make a difference on dark circles. Here's the thing though. This product (Corrector) goes on first. It is usually pink based which helps camoflage dark circles. It is like painting a wall. You need to use primer first to knock out the old color. That is what corrector does for under eyes. You can't use this alone. It doesn't match your skin tone. Use Bobbi's Creamy Concealer on top, which is formulated to be a shade lighter than your foundation to brighten under the eyes and match to your skin. Then set with the yellow powder and you are done! It makes you look flawless under the eyes and awake!

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 2 of 5 on 2/12/2013 10:45:00 PM More reviews by Rebecca1234

This did not work for me. I have dark under eye circles regardless of how much I sleep. I normally use MAC NW25 Studio Finish Concealer which works great, I just felt like trying something different. I heard so much about this on You Tube. After trying it a few different ways, I felt that it creased A LOT (and I don't have oily skin) and it just looked cakey even though I put on very little. It also did not last as long as the MAC. For the price, I wanted something amazing.....I returned it to Sephora and will stick with MAC until I find another one.

rated 4 of 5 on 2/3/2013 1:59:00 AM More reviews by wanabb

I use this corrector in Deep Bisque every day. Usually I'm an NC45 in MAC. It immediately brightens my eyes and perks up my whole face in a very natural way. I use the Bobbi Brown creamy concealer over it and set it with the powder. I use my fingers to apply it and it's perfect for my quick everyday look.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 2/2/2013 6:25:00 PM More reviews by baby_grazi_x05

I don't have a problem with this, unlike others. I never thought I had very pronounced undereye circles until I saw what this did for them. It's very creamy and glides on easily. I'm younger and have very very few wrinkles, so I don't really worry about this settling into the creases, etc. It's pretty pricy, and that's the one downfall for me. I purchased this at the CCO in Birmingham, AL at $15.00, and the Pixi corrector at Target is the same price, so I might try that one next time.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/1/2013 1:32:00 AM More reviews by chocolaterocks12

i seriously love this product! i have terrible under eye circles and this product is one of the few that i have tried that makes such a big difference! its pigmented and glides on easily and doesn't crease or settle into fine lines. definitely will re-purchase even though it is expensive

rated 5 of 5 on 1/30/2013 3:17:00 PM More reviews by Hasu

I adore this concealer! Yes I have a ton of concealers I have been loving but this one is just PERFECT!!!
I have medium brown dark circles and sometimes yellow toned concealers can make your under eyes look very ashy and gray looking, but I use this in light peach (nc25/27 for ref) and this baby covers with so little product needed under the eyes!
This corrector is definitely crazy expensive for the amount you get which sucks because MAC studio finish concealer costs less and you get a bunch of product in that one. However MAC studio finish is too dry for the under eyes where as this actually feels moisturizing for the under eyes which I absolutely love! Bobbi brown never fails in under eye concealer/corrector/brightener for me. LOVE YOU BOBBI! and I HIGHLY RECOMMEND THIS PRODUCT! PLEASE TRY IT! YOU'LL LOVE!

rated 5 of 5 on 1/29/2013 10:25:00 AM More reviews by starsmaycollide

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

bought this in light peach after watching one of michelle phan's tutorials on youtube. it is by far the best undereye concealer i have ever used. I know it's called a 'corrector', but after applying sunblock to my whole face i just use my concealer brush and apply it as i would an undereye concealer (after applying eye cream) then just apply silk naturals over the rest of my face and i'm good to go. before that i used skin food's salmon eye concealer, which was ok but still a bit too light for me, gave me the reverse panda look if i used even more than a teeny smudge. yeah it's much pricier than skinfood, but practically lasts forever so worth every penny.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 1/24/2013 7:46:00 PM More reviews by bublebulle

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I got this product from a swap and wanted to compare it with what I already own. I have this corrector in the shade Peach, I'm a NC40 and it's my perfect corrector shade to counteract blue dark circles. This is quite creamy, packaging is great with a little mirror for touch ups if needed and easy to clean with rubbing alcohool or a makeup sanitizer. BUT it settles into the fine lines no matter how little product I use and even when it's set with powder. For the price, I expected more of it. I'll stick to my favourite undereye concealer to date which is the Eve Pearl Salmon concealer - same great packaging, but it contains two shades than can be mixed together if needed to suit your skintone, is really creamy thus easy to use and apply, is long lasting and doesn't set into fine lines. It's been years I use EP Salmon concealer and I now know that it beats BB's one hands down.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/24/2013 7:16:00 PM More reviews by shimmergirl1123

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Oily, Tan, Warm Hair: Black, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

I bought this at my CCO, tried it for a few weeks, and it just wasn't working for me so I tucked it away and never used it again. Until now. I recently pulled it out and I fell in love!

I have dark circles that look like someone gave me a black eye. I literally have the worst dark circles of anyone I've ever seen in my life. That being said, I typically need around 4 concealers just to get a remotely-looking concealed under eye. I think previously I was using way too much of this product. You only need a little bit. I then buff it in with my Beauty Blender and set with powder. I find that this does not crease when set with my MAC MSFN. In fact, on days when I'm in a rush and don't use my corrector I find that my other concealers crease more! Anyway, I think I can now never live without this product. It is finally something that actually brightens my under eye area and diminishes the appearance of huge black rings around my eyes. Typically I use my Garnier concealer eye roller, this corrector, and my Becca dual compact concealer, set it with MSFN, and am good to go for the whole day. Definitely reccomend this! For reference, I use the shade peach when I am NC40 and right now, at NC25, I am using the shade light peach.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/24/2013 6:27:00 PM More reviews by blushbye

I have this in light bisque, I bought it because of the rave reviews here at makeupalley. I have a small spot of pigment near my mouth that nothing will conceal, but Bobbi Brown is doing the trick. As long as I add a translucent powder over it, it sets and lasts and it really does make that spot blend in with the rest of my face. It's not perfect, but it's probably the best I'm going to get. I've tried everything and this corrector is the best I've found.

I use a small brush to apply, have to kind of build a layer over the spot, then set with the translucent powder (also Bobbi Brown - fabulous powder too). Should note that this corrector needs a very clean skin area. Any dry skin or unabsorbed sunscreen, moisturizer, primer will make the corrector cakey and it will not set properly.