December 21, 2014 | 1442 users online

Concealers - Bobbi Brown - Corrector

rated 5 of 5 on 3/20/2013 11:12:00 AM More reviews by keangrad11

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Tan, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I really love this product! My skin is a natural tan color so I use the light peach corrector and I LOVE IT!!! I have been using loreal concealer (warm 4-5) and it always did a good job but I still felt like I wanted a bit more coverage. I looked online to see if there was anything I could use along with my concealer that would work with it to conceal my dark circles. I found all these great reviews online about Bobbi Brown corrector which you can wear with your own concealer so I figured I would try it out. I honestly did not want to spend more than $10 on this product but I took a chance and it paid off! I use the corrector first to lighten my under eye circles and i use a little bit of concealer to finish it off. I lasts about 6 months and is so worth the money!!!

HELPFUL HINT; Let the sales associates choose a shade that they think works best for you. But go out into natural light to see what it looks like before purchasing.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/19/2013 12:02:00 PM More reviews by bink180

I'm very surprised at the negative reviews on the corrector!
I actually like it, but I do agree there are some faults.

I went to the Bobbi Brown counter with my best friends mom took get her concealer because she heard it was good she has some melasma and really dark circles due to being lactose intolerant. Anyway, so she tries on the corrector and she fell in love with it! It looked really natural covered everything and used it underneath the concealer.
So I went out and bought it, and let me tell you a corrector for $28 is a huge splurge for a college girl! I bought it in the shade light peach I went outside with a mirror just to make sure it didn't look off. The corrector covered the veins under my eyes and my eyelids becasue the skin is so thin there.sometimes I use it alone because my skin has an olive/warm undertone anyway with out any concealer.
The best way to apply it is with your fingers because they're warm to the touch. And every now and then my corrector would be in my study desk and it gets warm from my computer being there heating up all afternoon. It covers some dark post-acne spots that I have fairly well but I usually use Makeup Forever's Full Cover Concealer that you DONT USE UNDER YOUR EYES, I would shake my head everytime I heard reviews on that specific concealer and try to use it under their eyes.

I would not recommend this to girls who have particularly oily skin, more like normal/combo/dry because it does crease a lot but I just put powder and I'm fine.

Shelf life lasts up to 8 months if you're diligent in using it, it's supposed to last up to 2 years.

5 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 3/7/2013 8:16:00 PM More reviews by valerie633

Age: 44-55 Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

The corrector in bisque is perfect for NC35 skin. I had darkness under my eye and without concealor my mom asked if I had a black eye. The minute she said that I went straight to the BB counter to upgrade my undereye concealor. It was expensive but I look refreshed now and there isn't enough money to trade that. Worth every penny!

rated 4 of 5 on 3/7/2013 7:45:00 PM More reviews by NARSnerd

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

I think this product does wonders for my under eye circles, i have it in porcelain bisque and it matches my skin very well. The main reason i couldn't give this product a 5 even though i definitely would never want to be without it in my makeup arsenal is because the texture isnt the greatest. Its not very creamy and quite stiff and therefore isnt the easiest to blend under the eyes.. i think the formula could use some work but it is incredibly effective and lasts all day without creasing or smudging!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/7/2013 12:25:00 AM More reviews by HanLuna

I bought this a few days ago and just tried it out earlier. Maybe its too early for me to do a review but here's what i think about this product - Amazing! My dark circles are really bad .I got mine in Dark Bisque and i use this together with my foundation stick (i'm using Warm Honey). I'm very pleased to say it really does work like magic ;-) Just remember to apply some eye cream prior to using this and set it with powder after applying both the corrector and concealer. I have read that some people only use this alone and they get great results but for me,i find it works better when combined with the concealer or the foundation stick. Hope this helps and yes,i will buy it again.

rated 3 of 5 on 2/22/2013 6:14:00 AM More reviews by Stephny691

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I'll preface this by saying that although I would buy it again, I'm not enamoured by the product, but I think that may be my fault not the products.

It does correct my dark circles very well, but it looks quite dry and patchy on my undereye. This is where I think my problem lies, because I haven't found what to put under it, the things I've tried so far haven't worked. But if you've moisturised very well, or have a good eye cream, then this could work wonders for you, but it's only ok for me.

It does correct to the point that I barely have to use concealer over it (which is a miracle), I'm just not loving the finish on my skin. I use the blender brush from RT to buff it onto the skin, then pat it in with fingertips.
My other issue with it, is that it doesn't seem to last very well, after a few hours my under eye circles are showing through. This could be down to how I set it though.

I've used this in conjunction with the BB Creamy Concealer which I don't think is actually a very good mix. I find that a highlighter/light reflector works better, because it means the make up doesn't look too layered or thick, or a very light-weight concealer. The Creamy Concealer (in my opinion obviously), doesn't work with this, even thought the two are practically sold together (or are at my local BB).

rated 5 of 5 on 2/14/2013 1:11:00 AM More reviews by Jake84

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I'm a makeup artist and I've worked with a lot of different lines in my career. This is one of a few products I have actually seen make a difference on dark circles. Here's the thing though. This product (Corrector) goes on first. It is usually pink based which helps camoflage dark circles. It is like painting a wall. You need to use primer first to knock out the old color. That is what corrector does for under eyes. You can't use this alone. It doesn't match your skin tone. Use Bobbi's Creamy Concealer on top, which is formulated to be a shade lighter than your foundation to brighten under the eyes and match to your skin. Then set with the yellow powder and you are done! It makes you look flawless under the eyes and awake!

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 2 of 5 on 2/12/2013 10:45:00 PM More reviews by Rebecca1234

This did not work for me. I have dark under eye circles regardless of how much I sleep. I normally use MAC NW25 Studio Finish Concealer which works great, I just felt like trying something different. I heard so much about this on You Tube. After trying it a few different ways, I felt that it creased A LOT (and I don't have oily skin) and it just looked cakey even though I put on very little. It also did not last as long as the MAC. For the price, I wanted something amazing.....I returned it to Sephora and will stick with MAC until I find another one.

rated 4 of 5 on 2/3/2013 1:59:00 AM More reviews by wanabb

I use this corrector in Deep Bisque every day. Usually I'm an NC45 in MAC. It immediately brightens my eyes and perks up my whole face in a very natural way. I use the Bobbi Brown creamy concealer over it and set it with the powder. I use my fingers to apply it and it's perfect for my quick everyday look.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 2/2/2013 6:25:00 PM More reviews by baby_grazi_x05

I don't have a problem with this, unlike others. I never thought I had very pronounced undereye circles until I saw what this did for them. It's very creamy and glides on easily. I'm younger and have very very few wrinkles, so I don't really worry about this settling into the creases, etc. It's pretty pricy, and that's the one downfall for me. I purchased this at the CCO in Birmingham, AL at $15.00, and the Pixi corrector at Target is the same price, so I might try that one next time.