April 24, 2014 | 1467 users online

Concealers - Bobbi Brown - Corrector

rated 5 of 5 on 11/25/2012 3:22:00 AM More reviews by Lweezybaby

This is magic! I definitely recommend using this under concealer it brightens and smooths! Always use an eye cream first! And for myself I usually pick up color in the summer and loose it in winter my corrector shade varies between light to med bisque and light peach. I would recommend going to a Bobbi brown counter and getting color matched

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 11/14/2012 2:44:00 AM More reviews by Tindra78

I've had to erase this review and start over cause there were so many "update".

Ok. In the winter I'm a NW 15, but I can also wear NC 15, I'm right in between...
I have acne prone skin, but as I get older I have also developed fine lines around the eyes. I was looking for a concealer that covers my really bluish/purple undereye circles, BUT doesn't enhance the lines.

So: I bought the corrector in Light Bisque and the duo concealer kit in sand. ( until now I've always used Everyday Minerals Loose matte foundation in Fairly light neutral for concealing both around eyes and acne.) First week I hated both those! I actually putted them out for sell on eBay!! I couldn't stand the stickyness, the synthetic feeling and the thickness of them...I also didn't liked the colors and felt that these products made my eyes itchy, watery and irritated. I was sooo sad that I'd paid sooo much money for this sh*t!!

But as the days went by I experimented on with this, and in the end I got used to the colors!

My mistakes were:

1) I stared at the color in the pot - the colors don't come out that dark at the face...

2) I putted them to close under my eyes and even on my eyelids...this made my eyes itchy and irritated... Now I only put it under my eyes and not so close that it can "walk into the eye".

3) I hate sticky stuff and a synthetic heavy feeling. Yes, these are really heavy and sticky creams! But they cover, and give a more natural look than the mineral concealers.

Although they set into layers under the eyes after a couple of hours, but I guess I need a eye primer... Cause all creamy stuff maybe settles...or...?

I'd give the corrector 4 lippies, for giving such a glowy base and erasing a lot of the tired look after a bad nights sleep.... One lippie off for the stickyness...

And I'd give the creamy concealer 3 lippies for now, cause the corrector does most of the job, and I think that there are other concealers you could use with the corrector... A big minus for the little yellow powder in the duo kit, that even the SA said is nothing to use. Completely useless - to dry for undereyes, and can't be used as a shadow, so waste of money!! The other minus is for the stickyness...

Anyway, go and try it all out! Before you buy. :)

Update 12-11-30

I have noticed that I don't like using this every morning, cause of the stickyness. Yes it covers and gives a "sheen"/glow, but the very thick feeling, and the stickyness feels so heavy under my eyearea...the skin is SO fine and thin on these areas, and this stuff is almost like syrup/sugar... So I've continued my search. I guess I'll use this for special occasions, until I find something better.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/4/2012 9:31:00 PM More reviews by psily24

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Tan, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I just recently got this to cover up my dark/bluish under eye circles that I normally get. It works really well to neutralize the dark colors and really brightens up my eyes. I'm a NC42, yellow/gold undertones and I got this in Dark Peach. I apply with my Real Techniques domed eyeshadow brush and then dab with my fingers to finish. Definitely a great buy!

rated 5 of 5 on 11/3/2012 6:27:00 PM More reviews by 88angels

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Olive, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

Do you struggle with dark undereye circles on ethnic skin? Do products go gray on you or just won't cover the problem?? This is your product.Bobbi Brown Peach and dark peach concealers are staples in my professional makeup kit for dark undereye circles on ethic skin. This is the biggest challenge that many makeup artists have and the only way to combat it is with the right color and the right formula. This is the one people! if after using this you are still not able to correct the problem, the next step is to mix in an orange concealer with one of these. and i mean ORANGE. makeup forever has a fantastic orange concealer that, when added to the peach, is the perfect color on many problematic undereye circles.

11 out of 12 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 11/3/2012 6:05:00 PM More reviews by ironwoman01

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I have a full time job and also take classes part time, so I barely sleep. I'm also borderline anemic, so my undereye circles and pretty dark. I went to the BB counter at Nordstrom to try this product and I'm very pleased. I was matched to corrector in light bisque. This product takes a few trials to get used to the consistency and to test which areas are best to apply (undereye and below undereye, inner corner, and out past lower eye towards temple), but once you get the hang of it, it's a miracle worker. After the corrector, I apply BB concealer in warm ivory, then set with the pale yellow powder. These products in combination are seriously AMAZING. I don't used anything else for my undereyes since this does the best job. I don't have to worry about being self conscious in public now. Also, definitely apply a moisturizing undereye cream before applying the corrector. I definitely recommend getting color matched at a bobbi brown counter. They will be able to show you which shades are best for your specific undereye circles.

rated 4 of 5 on 11/3/2012 12:01:00 PM More reviews by kailingggg

Great great great under eye corrector/concealer. I LOVE IT. One of my pet peeves about under eyes concealer is that it always always never fail to leave a white rim around my eyes and it made my dark eye circles more obvious. its not like i had horrible eye rings to begin with, i just need something to brighten and conceal a little around my eyes.

This corrector does a really great job! Its consistency is thick and ever so slightly sticky, but once you've blended it in, BAM! Dark eye rings gone! It dries into a semi matte finish and IT DOES NOT CREATE THE WEIRD WHITE RINGS AROUND MY EYES!

The only thing about this is that you need to set it well with powder and it is really really pricey in Singapore. About 43 for such little product. I guess its okay since it will last for a long time as you only require a little to correct the dark eye rings. A little goes a long way. 2 thumbs up for this product!

rated 5 of 5 on 10/27/2012 6:18:00 PM More reviews by KeepFlyyingGirlie

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I picked this up and I'm so happy that I did. The concealer that I had been using before, while highly pigmented, was rather dry for my under eye area. So I decided to venture into the realm of high end cosmetics, and had heard wonderful things about this corrector. I picked this up in Porcelain Peach, and while it is a bit light on me, I have fallen in love with it. I've had it for over a month now and I can see that despite the small amount, it is definitely going to last me a while. It stays put all day, has good pigmentation, and has a perfect demi-matte finish to it. I have had minimal creasing (and that is because I'm prone to it). If you're on the fence, try it.

rated 2 of 5 on 10/27/2012 5:46:00 AM More reviews by papilloncrazy

This is one of the best products I've used for my horrendous dark eye circles. It blends perfectly and corrects my greenish purple discolouration perfectly. However, it does not last the entire office day. By mid day after coming back from lunch, it would have oxidized. I need to remove it and re-apply it otherwise people start asking what is that patch? It also settles into the irritating one fine line I have under each eye and so I have two nice pale lines reaching down after a few hours. I tried using it with the fine powder that sometimes is sold together with the corrector (the kit) but it only accentuates the problem. Until I find the perfect concealor (with a perfect price), this will still be my go-to for now.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/8/2012 5:44:00 PM More reviews by whocareswhoiam

Age: 44-55 Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I've purchased many products for dark circles and typically end up disappointed. Bobbi Brown's Corrector has not disappointed at all. I have a medium/light skin tone and use the Light Peach color. I apply eye cream first. Then I use a concealer brush to tap on the corrector in the corners of the eye, under the eye right up to the lower eyelash line. Only a very little is needed on the brush. It applies perfectly without being thick, gloppy or settling into fine lines. Because I apply it over eye cream, it glides and blends easily with the brush. It gives a nice brightness to the eye area and really does reduce the appearance of the dark circles. I don't even need to use a concealer with this product, although if I am going to be photographed I will apply concealer and a very light dusting of yellow powder. The product does last for hours. I sometimes add a little eye cream over the concealer if I feel I need to refresh it.
The container is small, black well made plastic, easy to open and close.

8 out of 8 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 10/3/2012 7:33:00 PM More reviews by goldenpeach86

I have this corrector in light bisque.It is a very light pink color.I apply this to my dark circles before foundation and then again after foundation as I have serious dark circles.I apply light amounts,as if I apply to much my under eyes can look a bit to pinky and cakey and it looks unnatural. I apply my MAC studio finish concealer in nw20 on top. I am very happy with this. I finally found a method that works best for me. Now the method I use doesn't cover the circles completely but nothing ever will and I'm learning to accept that.This neutralizes the purple/blue in my under eye circles and adds some coverage.It has a creamy texture but not so creamy that its greasy. I could never leave the house with just this on though as its to pink. I originally tried this in light peach and really did not like it but I now see it was due to the wrong color match.So getting matched with the right color really makes a difference.I will absolutely keep going back to this.