August 22, 2014 | 1936 users online

Concealers - Bobbi Brown - Creamy Concealer

rated 5 of 5 on 10/6/2010 9:08:00 PM More reviews by Kashinka

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I bought this (at a CCO) to cover the red patches on my face and at my upper hairline. Although I am cool-toned (NW20 in MAC Studio Fix Fluid), I bought this in Sand, which has a decidedly yellow cast. It works perfectly. The yellow neutralizes the red patches and leaves my skin looking natural. (Some products that neutralize redness leave you with a gray, inhuman look.) I use a tiny, stiff E.L.F. brush to pick up a tiny amount of the cream (a little bit goes a long way) and pat it on the red area, then I blend with my fingers. Presto, no more redness.

I haven't found a use for the powder, which has a shimmer to it. The packaging is fine for the cream concealer but awkward for the powder, because the flip top needs a good bit of pulling to get it up, and that inevitably results in powder flying out--wasteful and messy. Most loose powders come with a top that unscrews. It would have been far better if Bobbi Brown had been able to split this into two pieces, one for the powder and another that combined a screwtop and the cream concealer, but I suppose that would have been too expensive. Since I don't use the powder it doesn't bother me, but others may find it a drawback. There is also a mirror under the top cap.

Although it is expensive, you need very little of the cream, so it will last a long time. So, for the purpose for which I use it--I can't speak about other uses--it's an excellent product and a five-star.

rated 4 of 5 on 9/29/2010 8:40:00 PM More reviews by jenyang10

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Straight, Other Eyes: Brown

If your skin tends to get dry around the eye area this is a good concealer. It moisturizes and covers up well. blends easily. This is my hg concealer for the winter.
It makes my eye make up run, and my foundation cake during the summer in 100% humidity in nyc.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 9/29/2010 2:04:00 PM More reviews by caleee143

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I wish there was a maybe for repurchase. I love it when I can get it right and I downright LOATHE it when its wrong. I've found that I only need the tiniest touch over the bisque corrector. Too much and it sinks into your lines. And moisturize! Also, with how creamy it is, you may feel like you need a lot of powder to set it but you really just need a little. I also found that it doesn't agree with mineral makeup (I've been using everyday minerals). I actually did a test the other day and like I just said, the Concealer looked terrible with my EDM, but when I used it with BBs skin foundation, it looked amazing. I've hit pan with mine and want to try some others before I make up my mind.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 9/9/2010 2:08:00 PM More reviews by xoxAllyxox

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

In my search for a non-chemically loaded concealer it came down to this, Korres, LM or Tarte. The best coverage I got came from Warm Ivory, but I sort of felt I was getting a reverse raccoon eye effect (it was making my undereyes look creepy shiny and bright).

rated 5 of 5 on 8/28/2010 12:49:00 AM More reviews by Cherry_blossom

I absolutely love this product for hiding my dark circles! HG!
It is important to put a moisturizing eye cream before application or else the concealer will bring out dry lines beneath your eyes. For that, I use Origins Eye Doctor.

rated 2 of 5 on 7/24/2010 9:47:00 AM More reviews by Leighton09

I bought this concealer after hearing great reviews about it from my best friend! I found that it was too thin and barely covered anything that needed covering! The only thing I liked about this product was that it was light and it seemed as though it reflected light which was nice for under eye coverage. But still too light for my NC25-30 complexion. I'm very disappointed in this product.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/12/2010 8:00:00 PM More reviews by roxymackay

My HG concealer! The first time I tried it I was amazed. I have quite obvious dark circles and it has always bothered me, I have searched and searched for the perfect concealer for years and have always been let down until I found this one.

I use the lightest shade, porcelain. It is an actual godsend. I opted for not getting the concealer with the powder as my Chanel powder does the job just fine.

Excellent product, would definitely recommend!

rated 4 of 5 on 7/6/2010 12:31:00 AM More reviews by daddysgrlca

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Dark, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I absolutely love this concealer and have been using it for years. Most days I wear it on its own with out foundation and it blend beutifully. I wear chesnut and although its looks light it the pot it matches perfectlly with my BB warm walnut foundation. Will definately be purchasing it again in the future.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/4/2010 1:19:00 AM More reviews by dilistic

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

This is my HG under eye concealer. I have red and green spider veins under my eyes, the skin there is really thin and they are one of the things that bothers me immensely! I've used MAC concealer in W35 and though it looked fine in the room-light, in the sun it looked red on me and made my dark under eyes look even more prominent than before.

Bobbi Brown cosmetics are know for their yellow undertones this product does wonders for me. I use it in Golden and they make my veins disappear. Its amazing.

I prefer using a brush to dust on the loose powder than the puff provided. Its best to use a little moisturizer before using it especially closest to the lashes so as not to make fine lines there more obvious.

rated 4 of 5 on 7/3/2010 1:04:00 AM More reviews by classicpisces

Age: 30-35 Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

This is the best concealer I've found so far. I've tried drugstore brands hoping to find a cheaper alternative but had no real luck. They leave my under eye area looking grayish. If I try the next shade up it's too dark so I'm just going to stick with this. It lasts a long time so over all it's worth it's weight. At first I didn't like it because I thought it was too thick but now using a light application it works perfectly. Gives me that awake look. I don't have very dark circles but now that I'm in my thirties, and having a stressful job the dark circles are coming out. I really like how creamy it is. I might give the laura mercier one a try when I run out of this but I definitely would repurchase this one as it gets the job done. Theres only slight creasing and all I have to do is lightly run my finger over it and takes the creasing away without losing coverage so I really can't complain.