August 29, 2014 | 1387 users online

Tinted Moisturizer - Laura Mercier - Tinted Moisturizer SPF 20

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/1/2012 10:50:00 PM More reviews by junomacguff

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Curly, Fine Eyes: Green

I've used this off and on for years, it's a staple for me. I use Porcelain (or Nude in the summer) and I'm about an N3 or an Estee Lauder Invisible 1N1. This has just enough coverage to even out the pinkness I have from rosacea and makes my face a little glowy. I use either a foundation brush or a makeup sponge to apply and it blends really nicely. I like to use a fluffy powder brush to apply a light dusting of Laura Mercier Loose Powder for a more made-up look.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 11/22/2012 10:29:00 AM More reviews by deuxbisous

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I am revising this review because I've just tried MAC Studio Tint and find it to be better for me. This one is still good.

My original comments: "Good range of shades (and one that matches for me), no colour change, absorbs quickly, nice sheer coverage which lets skin show through but also buildable, isn't dry, isn't greasy."

My reasons for preferring the MAC is the colour is a better match and it seems to blend into my skin better. It truly makes me look like I'm wearing nothing but have flawless skin, whereas this one is a bit heavier and you can tell there's something there, even though it's light. Still a good one which many people love so worth giving it a try. Also, and this is a minor point, the LM product leaks out of the tube into the cap when it's stored cap-down, which eventually you want it to be to get all the product out, and the MAC doesn't.

rated 4 of 5 on 11/20/2012 11:19:00 PM More reviews by Maggc

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Black

I first saw this as a best seller from Sephora Singapore. I was so lucky to be gifted one in Blush before I went to buy it. It was a true match to my asian skin tone.

Coverage: Light to medium. It's coverage almost like a liquid foundation.

Texture: More liquid and spreadable than normal liquid foundation.

Smell: A little of chemical smell but it goes away very fast and its not at all a concern for me.

Performance at the start of the day: Fresh and dewy (I skipped the moisturiser and applied it after Shu uemura mousse makeup base and finish it off with Guerlain Meteorite finishing powder)

Performance thoughout the day: No oxidisation, colour remains fresh and dewy (Need to only blot face lightly with facial tissue once)

Performance at the end of the day: Still no oxidisation, colour remains fresh.

I am very pleased with the result. However, I probably wouldn't recommend this for people with oily skin. Best for dry skin/normal skin, especially for the Winter season.

The Chanel Aqualumiere would be the next liquid foundation I would want to try.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 11/20/2012 9:27:00 PM More reviews by luluhalabaloo

Age: 44-55 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

Got a sample in my color from Neiman's. Was excited to try it as I have read so many good reviews about it. I used it for the last week or so. It isn't hot here right now, and my skin was parched from being in Canada two weeks ago, so the whole week or so I went from parched to, well, a grease patch. It made my pores huge. Made me super greasy. My son looked at me yesterday and said, what's going on with your face. Today I tried one more time in the morning. While it doesn't irritate me too badly, I got a little burnt, and I put enough on. I was a greasecake when I came home. It's going into the do not buy bin of my bathroom. Thank heaven I write these reviews! They save me because I go back to MUA to check if I used it before so I don't buy by mistake. Anyway, huge miss for me.

rated 3 of 5 on 11/12/2012 11:26:00 PM More reviews by crystalyu

though this product covered up my blemishes and such, it gave my face such an oily sheen that i had to cake up on the powder, which made me look like a clown.
i dont even have oily skin!

rated 4 of 5 on 11/10/2012 8:37:00 AM More reviews by tangelina

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Relaxed, Fine Eyes: Brown

After reading all the rave reviews on MUA, I caved in and got this in nude, which is a good match to my skintone. I have been using this for quite some time and I've been loving it. Coverage is light, so concealer is needed for dark circles (I have terrible dark circles) and occasional zits, but on good skin days, I just set this with E.L.F HD powder and it lasts all day. Doesn't oxidize on me and it photographs great. I also have dry (with occasional flakes) and this applies fine over those areas. It has a super natural finish and gives me the my skin but better look.

If you have pretty good skin and just want to even out your skin tone, this is the product for you. However, it is definitely on the pricey side. Nevertheless, I will repurchase unless I can find a cheaper alternative of comparable quality.

rated 2 of 5 on 11/3/2012 6:53:00 PM More reviews by LianH

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Green

It's so runny that the tube became a complete mess. It didn't feel very moisterizer at all so it didn't perform that function very well. All in all a disaster for me. A bad moisterizer for very dry and dehydrated skin and it just looked bad because my face was too dry. I didnt like it that my hands would be covered in the mess either from the tube.

rated 4 of 5 on 11/2/2012 1:34:00 AM More reviews by xoaida

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Dry, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This is crazy pricey, however it a tube/bottle lasts forever. I used to use Clinique's Almost Makeup however they discontinued it so I switched over to this. I have crazy dry skin, and this is the ONLY product that makes me look like I have that amazing dewy finish (I have the oil-free version). It also has fantastic coverage and looks completely natural in photos, in real life etc. I've been applying it with my fingers, however after reading the reviews I might go and pick up a stippling brush. My mom (has combination skin) tried using this product and it made her face into an oily mess.) So I would only recommend this for people with DRY DRY skin. Otherwise it will 'melt' off. If you do have dry skin though, check this out you will not regret it

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 10/26/2012 4:36:00 AM More reviews by JaneWhit99

I've been using this for a while and am really liking it! A lot. I use to use a heavy foundation and while I didn't have problems with it, I felt like it was stuck on my face and caked up. I wanted to go for a lighter alternative and I searched MUA and found this. I use the Sand color and its a pretty much dead on match to my skin tone. The consistency is light and very creamy. I apply to a sponge and apply all over. For those wanting to cover blemishes and what-not, this may not be for you. This TM is pretty sheer and you can definitely build-up on the layers but it goes on smooth and it definitely moisturizes my skin. I can see why others have said that after a few hours their face gets oily. I have that sometimes when I sweat too much or during a humid day. But some blotting is all that is needed. All in all, I like it and it photographs great. Lots of colors and for those who want an oil-free version, well, they do have that as well. I haven't tried the oil-free since I like the original one. I think for those who are interested in trying a TM, this would be a great start. The price is a little steep but I think its worth it. I also use some loose powder on top and it stays on all day. I really like it.

rated 1 of 5 on 10/19/2012 10:12:00 PM More reviews by beautystar07

I heard so many good comments about this product. Finally, I decided to try a TM out and i chose LM TM. This product was disappointing. Money is not an issue, and with such high price, i expected to be somewhat okay. I brought this at Nordstrom and used it for 5 days. It broke me out and I gave it 5 days to see if my skin will adapt it. It didn't. Also, it doesn't have good coverage. I needed something to cover a lil discoloration and redness. I hated the packaging, product is such a waste with the package and it can dirty make up bag! I ended up returning this and went with Nars TM. Btw, my skin is sensitive and dry. & the Nordstrom lady told me it's good for dry skin people.