July 26, 2014 | 1625 users online

Tinted Moisturizer - Laura Mercier - Tinted Moisturizer SPF 20

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 11/20/2012 9:27:00 PM More reviews by luluhalabaloo

Age: 44-55 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

Got a sample in my color from Neiman's. Was excited to try it as I have read so many good reviews about it. I used it for the last week or so. It isn't hot here right now, and my skin was parched from being in Canada two weeks ago, so the whole week or so I went from parched to, well, a grease patch. It made my pores huge. Made me super greasy. My son looked at me yesterday and said, what's going on with your face. Today I tried one more time in the morning. While it doesn't irritate me too badly, I got a little burnt, and I put enough on. I was a greasecake when I came home. It's going into the do not buy bin of my bathroom. Thank heaven I write these reviews! They save me because I go back to MUA to check if I used it before so I don't buy by mistake. Anyway, huge miss for me.

rated 3 of 5 on 11/12/2012 11:26:00 PM More reviews by crystalyu

though this product covered up my blemishes and such, it gave my face such an oily sheen that i had to cake up on the powder, which made me look like a clown.
i dont even have oily skin!

rated 4 of 5 on 11/10/2012 8:37:00 AM More reviews by tangelina

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Relaxed, Fine Eyes: Brown

After reading all the rave reviews on MUA, I caved in and got this in nude, which is a good match to my skintone. I have been using this for quite some time and I've been loving it. Coverage is light, so concealer is needed for dark circles (I have terrible dark circles) and occasional zits, but on good skin days, I just set this with E.L.F HD powder and it lasts all day. Doesn't oxidize on me and it photographs great. I also have dry (with occasional flakes) and this applies fine over those areas. It has a super natural finish and gives me the my skin but better look.

If you have pretty good skin and just want to even out your skin tone, this is the product for you. However, it is definitely on the pricey side. Nevertheless, I will repurchase unless I can find a cheaper alternative of comparable quality.

rated 2 of 5 on 11/3/2012 6:53:00 PM More reviews by LianH

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Green

It's so runny that the tube became a complete mess. It didn't feel very moisterizer at all so it didn't perform that function very well. All in all a disaster for me. A bad moisterizer for very dry and dehydrated skin and it just looked bad because my face was too dry. I didnt like it that my hands would be covered in the mess either from the tube.

rated 4 of 5 on 11/2/2012 1:34:00 AM More reviews by xoaida

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Dry, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This is crazy pricey, however it a tube/bottle lasts forever. I used to use Clinique's Almost Makeup however they discontinued it so I switched over to this. I have crazy dry skin, and this is the ONLY product that makes me look like I have that amazing dewy finish (I have the oil-free version). It also has fantastic coverage and looks completely natural in photos, in real life etc. I've been applying it with my fingers, however after reading the reviews I might go and pick up a stippling brush. My mom (has combination skin) tried using this product and it made her face into an oily mess.) So I would only recommend this for people with DRY DRY skin. Otherwise it will 'melt' off. If you do have dry skin though, check this out you will not regret it

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 10/26/2012 4:36:00 AM More reviews by JaneWhit99

I've been using this for a while and am really liking it! A lot. I use to use a heavy foundation and while I didn't have problems with it, I felt like it was stuck on my face and caked up. I wanted to go for a lighter alternative and I searched MUA and found this. I use the Sand color and its a pretty much dead on match to my skin tone. The consistency is light and very creamy. I apply to a sponge and apply all over. For those wanting to cover blemishes and what-not, this may not be for you. This TM is pretty sheer and you can definitely build-up on the layers but it goes on smooth and it definitely moisturizes my skin. I can see why others have said that after a few hours their face gets oily. I have that sometimes when I sweat too much or during a humid day. But some blotting is all that is needed. All in all, I like it and it photographs great. Lots of colors and for those who want an oil-free version, well, they do have that as well. I haven't tried the oil-free since I like the original one. I think for those who are interested in trying a TM, this would be a great start. The price is a little steep but I think its worth it. I also use some loose powder on top and it stays on all day. I really like it.

rated 1 of 5 on 10/19/2012 10:12:00 PM More reviews by beautystar07

I heard so many good comments about this product. Finally, I decided to try a TM out and i chose LM TM. This product was disappointing. Money is not an issue, and with such high price, i expected to be somewhat okay. I brought this at Nordstrom and used it for 5 days. It broke me out and I gave it 5 days to see if my skin will adapt it. It didn't. Also, it doesn't have good coverage. I needed something to cover a lil discoloration and redness. I hated the packaging, product is such a waste with the package and it can dirty make up bag! I ended up returning this and went with Nars TM. Btw, my skin is sensitive and dry. & the Nordstrom lady told me it's good for dry skin people.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/27/2012 2:06:00 AM More reviews by NewLookBabe

Age: 25-29 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Before I met this tinted moisturizer, I was a total skincare snob. I only trusted my skin the serious SPF and hydrating ingredients of skincare brands, thinking those from makeup brands were mere fluff. Well, I eat my words. This gives my skin exactly what it needs - moisture, coverage and SPF 15 protection - in one easy step. It's cut down my get ready routine by about 5 minutes (my husband is shocked!). But, the best aspect of this product is it's coverage. I have very uneven skin, thanks to hyperpigmentation and old acne scars, and LM Tinted Moisturizer glides over it, blending it in and making my skin tone miraculously appear even and impeccably natural. For the 2 months I've been using this product, I've been getting comments from friends and coworkers about how good my skin look--which, to a gal who's used to having bad skin, is the world's biggest boon. Thank you, Laura Mercier.

4 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 2 of 5 on 9/20/2012 9:43:00 PM More reviews by groberts

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Other, Coarse Eyes: Brown

Even though I have pretty normal skin, this left me feeling really greasy. The tube tends to leak out a lot of product, which is a waste. The coverage is decent, but I just hate how I feel after I wear this for the day. It ends up being more work than a tinted moisturizer really should be.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 9/18/2012 9:50:00 PM More reviews by AntiqueGlitter

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Black

***I have this in the Oil-Free version.***
I'm in love with the Laura Mericer Silk Creme Foundation, so I decided to stray away from my usual foundation-junkie self and try something new and raved-about for once.
So I went ahead and purchased this. I got it in the shade Bisque, which is a little light for my NC35 skintone.
Its coverage shocked me. I've tried only ONE tinted moisturizer prior to this one, and that was the Clinique Moisture Surge Tinted Moisturizer, which apparently has too much coverage for a tinted moisturizer. So, based on reviews, I expected this one to be sheer with maybe a hint of color (that's basically what I imagine when I hear the words "tinted moisturizer"). But its coverage is actually light-to-medium, so that's good! I still have to use concealer for my dark acne marks, though, but that's not a problem as this TM wears well on top of it.
I also love how it has SPF 20! Some people complained that it doesn't have enough SPF, but I think anywhere around 15-20 is perfect for me--I need some protection, but I still want to tan!
On the other hand, I'm not really a fan of the finish. It leaves a sheen behind immediately after application (this is on top of a primer, btw). As you can imagine, what begins as a nice dewy "sheen" turns into oiliness shortly after. So I have to fix that with a light dusting of translucent powder, and a few blots here and there throughout the day (I'm used to it, though, so I don't mind). Hence, I don't recommend it for oily skin, unless you use a powder on top. I'm sure it would look great on dry skin, though.
The lasting finish is pretty good too. It lasts all school day--with minimal physical activity, mind you--without it melting off or fading away. I did wear this in dance class, however, and it turned my whole face somewhat oily-looking. I can imagine, however, that if I hadn't applied a layer of powder on top prior to dance class, I would've looked like I was swimming in oil by the end of the class...
Although I do think that this is a really great tinted moisturizer, and its quality somewhat justifies its price, I still think it's rather expensive at $43.
Would I repurchase? Maybe.