April 23, 2014 | 1899 users online

Tinted Moisturizer - Laura Mercier - Tinted Moisturizer SPF 20

rated 3 of 5 on 8/31/2012 4:51:00 PM More reviews by puzzana

I think I wanted this product to be better than it really is. I read so many raaaving reviews before purchasing, so I was so stoked to finally try it. My first impression was good- not really as moisturizing as I thought, but gave my skin a good glow and evened out my skin tone. However, after using it for about 3 months i'm not really impressed. I put it on after my regular normal skin-moisturizer and I just can't seem to get an even layer, no matter how I work it in on my face. And adding another layer just make me feel like I have too much product on your face. Gives a good light glow though, and also it feels like it's only good stuff in it, but I think (and hope) that you can find a cheaper alternative with the same result, or better.

rated 4 of 5 on 8/22/2012 5:26:00 PM More reviews by CiaraAinsley

Pros
-lovely, buildable, (magical?) coverage! I have mild-moderate acne (at the time I was using this it was moderate) with scarring. This covered it just as well as my full coverage foundations, to be perfectly honest.
-moisturizing. It didn't show off my flaky patches as so many foundations like to do -_-
-very natural, seamless, dewy look.

Cons
-not a very impressive color selection.
-not very good packaging. Leaky, messy cap, and the squeeze tube left a lot of product impossible to get to.
-no oil control. Get the oil free version if that's something you require!
-oxidized on me! Not something I can deal with in a foundation.

Bottom line- I really loved the coverage and overall look of this tinted moisturizer. Like, really really really super duper uber loved. Unfortunately, the oxidization was a deal breaker. If this doesn't oxidize on you, you can find a good color match, and you don't have oily skin- get this! For example, my mom absolutely loves this, and it looks wonderful on her.

rated 2 of 5 on 8/21/2012 10:30:00 PM More reviews by Suheera

Having heard the raving reviews about this TM i just had to get it. But I must say i was rather dissappointed at the choices of colour. it only comes in about 10 shades and i feel as though i didnt have a true match to any of the shades but the closest one must have been tan. I enjoyed this product the first time i put it on, although I didnt notice it to be any different to a sheercoverage foundation. eventhough it wasnt my true match I could still wear it. however for the price i wasnt too impressed. It didnt feel like a luxury product and people were not noticing that I was wearing a laura mercier tinted moisturizer.

and as time went on, the TM started to look more grey ish and i started hating it. i like to accentuate the yellowness in my skin and this "tinted moisturizer aka light coverage foundation" did not do anything for me, it hid my colour instead and made me look ashy. This TM feels like a lighter version of the HD make up forever, but i would most definitely choose the HD MUF as it has a better finish and better options in terms of their colour range. This product might possible work for those of lighter skin tone. however for those in the range of nc45, I would not advice you to get this product.

rated 3 of 5 on 8/20/2012 8:24:00 PM More reviews by LindseyAnne

This is a fairly good tinted moisturizer that doesn't cover very well, but it does a great job of evening out skintone. It works well used alone or with concealer and powder. However, it is fairly pricey for what you get. The smallest 30 ml size is $24 at Sephora. And I'm not sure if I ended up with a defective one, but the packaging was absolutely awful. It seemed fine in the store until I got it home and broke the seal. I discovered that it didn't have an air tight close. I could squeeze the tube and product would come out even when the lid was on as tight as it could be. Every time I went to grab it out of my make up bag, there was product all over the top and sides of it. Not at all what I expected for such an expensive product.

rated 3 of 5 on 8/20/2012 6:44:00 PM More reviews by ekchawaii

I bought the 30ml size for 24$ at sephora. Its okay, it doesn't cover that well. It feels light. Not worth the price though.

rated 4 of 5 on 8/19/2012 12:33:00 AM More reviews by Karlily

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Dark, Warm Hair: Black, Kinky, Other Eyes: Brown

I don't wear foundation a lot, but for special occasions I like my skin to look more even, and this is perfect for that! It offers a natural look and is quick to apply.

Edit: Still using this, still like it though I'm starting to feel that I may need more coverage as the years have passed :( I used to use a beauty blender, but recently have been getting good results with the RT buffing brush. I also have sensitive skin and this has not broken me out unlike most MAC face products.

rated 4 of 5 on 8/13/2012 1:29:00 AM More reviews by ladybug151

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Love this product. Leaves my face looking dewy, clear, and even. Has a nice texture; NOT too heavy NOT too light. Very satisfied!

rated 3 of 5 on 8/10/2012 6:19:00 PM More reviews by bambooflower

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I had previously thought that this product irritates my skin because I got red bumps shortly after wearing it the first time. However, I have since tried it again a couple of times and I did not get the bumps, so I think it was my moisturizer with SPF that gave me the bumps (or clashed with the LM TM formula).

Anyway, it's a pretty good tinted moisturizer - has light coverage and blends well, evens out skin tone. I don't think it has proper broad spectrum UV protection, so keep that in mind if you're wearing this for sun protection.

I am currently about NC30-35 and I think sand works well but bisque might work also. Nude is about 2 shades too light.

Due to the high cost and the lackluster sun protection this isn't high on my rebuy list, but it's a decent formula.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/9/2012 8:20:00 PM More reviews by prettyandpolished

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Red, Curly, Medium Eyes: Hazel

LOVE this product! Coverage is buildable, though I find that the first layer works well enough for me. I was matched to porcelain (wow I'm pale) and I wear it over primer and under a light dusting of pressed foundation. This gives me the perfect look and I can't rave enough about this product. It feels so natural on, blends easily and I will definitely be buying again :)

rated 2 of 5 on 8/3/2012 12:19:00 AM More reviews by ca06

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Other Eyes: Brown

I am a tinted moisturizer fanatic and splurged on this one because it was so well reviewed. The sales associate matched my skin tone to Sand and at the moment it seemed perfect. However, once I got home and tried it on myself it appeared orange. It was also a bit greasy, but since I have dry skin this wasn't too big of an issue, I was more concerned with the orange tint. I tried it in all lights and changed how much product I was using (a little goes a long way), but I was still plagued by the orange tint. There is chance the SA didn't give me the right shade. When I looked at them in person, I thought I was more Bisque than Sand. I MAY try Bisque if I can get my hands on a sample, but even then it will be hard to justify purchasing this product again. The coverage was comparable to drug store TMs I had previously used and it didn't seem to noticeably even out my skin tone. It is also hard to blend, but again, this may have been on account of the color issue.