MAC Pigment in Naked

4.2

on 1/26/2009 8:17:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Dark, Warm

Hair: Brown, Kinky, Coarse

I bought a sample jar of this online and Im glad I didnt invest in a full jar. This looks like crushed chalk with glitter. It also applies as chalky as it looks, with barely any pigmentation, no sheen, no real shimmer. Not impressed at all.

on 1/4/2009 5:10:00 PM

This is great! I can't say anything that the others haven't mentioned. I like it because it's not as frosty as vanilla so I use it more on my eyes.

on 1/3/2009 6:29:00 PM

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine

The only pigment I have ever finished!!! And replaced twice. The color is nice and versatile. will definitely repurchase, hope it never gets discontinued.

on 1/3/2009 10:25:00 AM

A Must-have--the best, most used pigment I have. Beautiful!

on 1/1/2009 3:48:00 PM

Skin: Other, Other, Warm

SUPER VERSATILE! Very worth the money. Can be used as highlithers, eyeshadow, put in lotion, you can even put it in lipgloss! Beautiful nude color (hence "naked")

on 12/14/2008 4:23:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

gorgeous pigment! Nude colour that gives me a nice natural sparkle to my eyelids but not OTT! I use this when I want to have a natural eye look or when I wearing bright lips! I also love to use this and have cat eyes! Think the colour helps draw attention to the natural colour of your eyes! Great if your looking for an everyday natural eyeshadow to wear to work or even as a great highlight!

on 11/14/2008 9:23:00 PM

This is probably the best base I've purchased this season. It can also be used as a highlighter. Beautiful neutral colour with sparkles. Smooth and soft texture, easy to apply and weightless on the lids. It looks also very nice if you highlight the area under your lashes with this. But be careful, cause if the sparkles get on your lashes, doesn't look too good, could be irritating sometimes.

on 11/12/2008 7:56:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Tan, Not Sure

i had to buy this when the MA used it on me and i love it! perfect nude color. awesome for highlighting and what not. if you like vanilla pigment, you should add this one to your collection too!

on 10/27/2008 9:20:00 PM

I really expected to like this one and was prepared for it to become a staple for me, the same way that Shroom did, but it didn't end up happening that way and it's not such a bad thing since I don't really NEED another nude shadow. I just have the unbreakable urge to keep trying new things.

In the jar, Naked looks like a sparkly peach nude shade. It's not quite true nude and nowhere near a true peach. The glitter is relatively subtle, but chunkier than I like in my shadows.

On my NW20 skin (my eyelids are a bit darker than the rest of my face, maybe NW25), it disappears, leaving a bit of chalky residue and some chunky shimmer. It's not quite like Shroom, which disappears in a good way and makes me look clean and polished but not made up. Naked somehow makes it look like my skin but worse. And more glittery.

On the bright side, I only got a sample of this, so I'm not out much. Glad to be able to cross it off my list of things I need to buy, though, so there's a plus side to things.

I didn't buy this thankfully - I received a sample & was disappointed! The colour looked lovely in the pot, so I was shocked when I used it to highlight my brow bone to find it was hardly noticable, could just about see the flecks of glitter. Would not buy this!!