September 1, 2014 | 1850 users online

Styling Products - Garnier - Fructis Sleek and Shine Weightless Anti-Frizz Serum

rated 3 of 5 on 3/13/2011 10:21:00 PM More reviews by suzanne123

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Dry, Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

This product is.. Ehh, the packaging is alright, when brought with me for travel, it always leaked. The product itself could be better. I felt like it was very watery, the smell was okay, it was sort of faint but I would get whiffs of it during the day. As for fighting frizz it did a mediocre job. Could be better but for about two dollars it wasn't bad. I would usually use it when I kept my hair natural just to smooth out the ends. I will not be repurchasing as there are other products out there that I can try.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 3/7/2011 4:15:00 PM More reviews by GeekChick

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

This product works great for when I flat iron my hair. After drying and straightening my hair, I rub just a drop or two of this serum on the length of my hair (not the roots) and it does a great job of preventing static fly-aways and adding a touch of shine. However, it's not enough to keep my hair frizz-free when I leave my hair wavy -- I need a gel or something more heavy-duty to control the frizz then!

The scent is a bit strange but not unpleasant -- it reminds me of pine trees. The scent also quickly fades after you apply the product.

rated 4 of 5 on 2/25/2011 7:53:00 PM More reviews by kirstindoyle

I just don't understand where the bad reviews are coming from, I love this product! I have really fine hair, and this doesn't weigh it down OR make it look greasy. The bottle says to distribute it throughout your hair, but you're not really supposed to apply a serum like this (it's fairly oily) to your roots anyhow, so I think that's where people are getting their weighed-down 'dirty looking' hair. My mom uses it as well, and her hair is very thick and curly, and she loves it too. It cuts my drying time down by quite a bit, too, which is always great because the less heat damage the better for me! It smells really nice (kind of nutty, but not at all overpowering), and I love that you can open and close the pump, which makes the bottle handy for traveling.

rated 1 of 5 on 1/17/2011 7:01:00 PM More reviews by tightkitty

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Coarse Eyes: Grey

Ok first off I am bi racial and I can nopt do my hair without serum. So I have tried alot of them and I hate this one. It just sits on top of nmy hair and looks so greasy not shiny like other serums. I kept trying this and it kept makeing my hair look like sh**. I would use this before blow drying like I use my other serums and my hair was so weighed down and dirty greasy look after I wash my hair..not cool. Any serum is better then this one.

rated 3 of 5 on 1/16/2011 7:15:00 AM More reviews by ilikeegg

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

I won't repurchase because it takes so much longer to blow-dry my hair with this in it, and if it isn't completely blow dried I find it never dried with my hair and just looked wet/greasy.

It did add some shine but I don't think it's worth the extra blow dry damage and potential to apply too much and look greasy.Plus it did nothing for flyaways or frizz.

I'm still looking for a better shine product.

The only pro was I thought the open/close bottle was great as I try to store all my hair products in a drawer.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/5/2011 12:24:00 PM More reviews by shoutlouder

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

I'm surprised how much I like this product! Most frizz serums I've tried don't do much for my super thick hair. This one definitely tames frizz and flyaways, making my hair shiny and sleek. I use one pump on blow dried & flat ironed hair and I definitely see a nice difference! Not a miracle worker, but definitely a solid choice for combating frizz and boosting shine & sleekness.

rated 3 of 5 on 12/24/2010 4:03:00 PM More reviews by nikita67

Not a bad product- I have rather coarse, thick asian hair and it can be a pain to tame at times. I've committed several hair sins, including coloring, flat-ironing and blow-drying when damp, so my hair definitely isn't in the best shape to start with. I picked this serum up on whim, and I'm pretty pleased with what it can do. It's not a miracle product, but it definitely helps to smooth out and soften my fried strands. It smells fresh and subtle (like citrus) and gives my usually dull hair a considerable amount of shine. The instructions indicate that you should use 1 or 2 pumps, but because of the thickness and craziness of my hair, I found myself using about 3 or 4. It's fairly inexpensive, so I think I'll be purchasing another when I'm through this first bottle.

rated 2 of 5 on 12/22/2010 1:34:00 PM More reviews by swimmerkoki

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

this product does not alleviate frizz at all okay fine maybe for 30 min. like seriously i have to keep applying it to maintain frizz free hair but by that time all my hairs are greasy and heavy :( at first i thought this worked for me so i bought two more bottles. big mistake. the smell is the only thing that works for me :)

rated 4 of 5 on 12/21/2010 6:41:00 PM More reviews by ladysonoma

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Good stuff. It's not the most moisturizing, which is why I give it a 4. I usually will use some organix on my damp hair and the results is soft and smooth. If I put the Garnier in, the result isn't as good.

However, on dry hair, the Garnier fructis does my my fly away hairs lay down and is light enough.

Still, one more issue. I tried to research this but did the smell make anyone's throat swell? I think it smells good but it seems like everytime I use it, I get an uncomfortable throat. I, now, make sure to use it right before I am about to go outside.

I probably won't purchase again, but it is a very good product. Maybe if they improve hte formula, I'll give it a try.

rated 4 of 5 on 12/11/2010 12:46:00 AM More reviews by Macyx3

This product was a good buy. It makes my hair fall perfectly. Reduces frizz and doesn't weigh my hair down. It makes my hair very shiny and sleek. It also keeps my hair's volume when I blow dry my hair. Although the pump stopped working, it was still good. Don't get me wrong, the packaging isn't that bad, I guess It was my fault it broke, so I just take the lid off and pour it on the palm of my hand and rub it together and apply it to my hair generously.