Chanel No.5

3.5

on 10/15/2012 4:29:00 PM

This scent is absolutely repulsive. I was once in an elevator with a woman who wore Ch no.5 and the air was stifling from the perfume. I literally almost threw up. I always know when someone was wearing it whenever I start sneezing or feel like gagging. The smell is way too overpowering and it gives me a migraine. The scent is as putrid as the spray that comes out of a skunk's bottom.

on 10/1/2012 4:52:00 AM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Not Sure

I started wearing No. 5 when I was in my early 20s (so much for it being for old ladies!). I only ever wear one fragrance (as a signature) at any given point in my life and after several years I branched out and used other scents. Many years of Jean Paul Gaultier, a couple of Lancome Tresor and several of Bvlgari Blv Notte. Now I'm back with my first love - No. 5. I don't think I'll ever stray again. I wear it day and night, in jeans or dressed up. Everyone in my life says whenever they smell it they think of me. Oddly enough, I've never known any other women who wear it, so despite it being one of the most popular perfumes in the world I feel that it is uniquely mine. Anyone who thinks it isn't sexy is missing the point of perfume. It's the woman who is sexy, not her fragrance. No. 5 is stylish, soft, warm and incredibly feminine. It makes me want to nuzzle myself ..... And my (much younger!) bf adores it!

on 9/26/2012 9:35:00 PM

Classic. Beautiful.
I have had a bottle of this on my dresser since I was 16 years old. I will never be without it.
Old lady fragrance my foot. This is a beautifully put together fragrance.

on 9/14/2012 7:41:00 PM

Not my favorite perfume, but I see why it's a classic. It makes me feel beautiful and feminine while wearing it. Price is crazy as with all Chanel stuff, but that is typical. If I had the money to spend a lot on perfume I'd buy it more often.

Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure

Got this product as a gift, it smells good, but does not last long or different what so ever. Did not like the packing, never gets over. Will try something else once this is over.

I hate this perfume. It doesn't smell glamourous or anything of the sort! It smells like very cheap soap!
Not nice.
Ladies don't waste your money. If you really want to smell like cheap soap, buy charlie blue, it smells exactly the same but is $50 cheaper

on 8/14/2012 3:25:00 PM

I remembered smelling this when I was 18 or so and I thought it was awful. Well, now I am 40 and this scent still doesn't thrill me. What is the reason? It does have some of my favorite notes but combined together is not so great. First, it smells rich and spicy-ok, I can handle it. If it stayed this way for the duration, I could understand the worldwide appeal. However, once the aldehydes come out its all over and this smells like dusty library books(I tested it on a paper strip).
Perfume is very subjective and everyone likes different scents and notes however, this perfume has been overhyped from here till Sunday. One of the reasons why its been popular its the brand name Chanel behind it and the second, because Marilyn Monroe wore this. And of course, everytime you open any magazine you will hear about how its classic, iconic or a symbol of class. When this was first made, it was rather revolutionary because this scent used aldehydes but now, aldehydes is not new or different.
If you like it, more power to you. I just don't think this is the greatest scent that was ever made

on 8/13/2012 11:33:00 AM

I got this because it's Chanel 5. The name says it all. I love it at first but then after awhile I started to dislike the smell. I feel like it's too strong and makes me older.

I wouldn't go for this again in the near future.

on 7/31/2012 11:22:00 PM

Hair: Black, Curly, Medium

Ok, youngsters, let's get our facts straight before panning this exquisite classic. Chanel No. 5 debuted in the 1920's. The nose behind the perfume was Ernest Beaux. Google it.

Though I no longer wear it, I remember dating an incredibly handsome actor years ago who went absolutely crazy every time I wore it. And no, it didn't remind him of his mother. Eau Premiere is a great choice for younger women who want a lighter, fizzier version of the original. It has a bit of vanilla and citrus to lighten things up. Fragrance tastes have changed drastically over the past century, but love ot or hate it, Chanel 5 will still be here after we're ALL long gone.

on 7/28/2012 4:46:00 PM

Love this one in all its varieties -- EdT, EdP, parfum, and cologne (especially vintage). It has a timeless, ageless feel to it, always stunning, no matter if you're going to a formal event, to work, or just hanging out. There is a reason it is an icon and is as popular know as it was when first introduced.

Popular Fragrances