NARS Angelika

4.4

on 8/26/2009 9:17:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

I've shied away from this blush for a long time, even though I've really needed the perfect pink blush - most are too dusky for me, and the candy pinks are too, well, candyish, and I'm not looking for brights either at 50 ; ) The great thing about MUA is to be able to make a leap in a swap one might not make at the cosmetics counter for $25+, and that's what I did, and I'm so delighted!

I'm quite fair with both blue and yellow (yes it can be confusing) undertones and some hyperpigmentation (which is probably why some things go too dusky on me), and even if I don't really want to wear them, pinks and purples always look great on me, there you go with Angelika. I have no idea why the silver sparkles are in there, it's not enough to really show up on the face, although it makes it look cute in the pan, they are definitely not in the way, and that great NARS Japanese blush brush picks up the perfect amount in one little swipe to make me look more than snow kissed (I use Scott Barnes Chic for that), but rather freshly slapped, in the nicest possible way ; ) It has pizzazz on pale skin, if that's something you are looking for, I"m sure it's less slappy looking on medium toned gals.

This joins my perfect blush wardrobe: Penny Lane for the nothing natural look, Scott Barnes Chic Palette for the just in from the cold look, Chanel Narcisse for very pale pink to wear with red lipstick, and my beloved Paul & Joe 08 for a golden peachy glow, as Orgasm is way too ambery on me. I hope you're not too bored with this long review, cheers!

PS: The last pic in the group above is the most accurate on my MAC.

on 8/17/2009 9:53:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Cool

Beautiful shade, very pigmented, glitter isn't noticeable when applied to the cheeks. Overall, a typical NARS blush. Unfortunately, what looks like an innocent baby pink in the pan translates into a gaudy red-fuchsia on my cheeks. Not sure if this is due to my cool complexion, or if it's the bronzer I apply underneath, or if the powder simply oxidizes on my face, but something changes the tone of this blush when it encounters my skin. It's a real shame! Wanted to love it, but ended up returning it.

on 8/13/2009 7:51:00 PM

i adore this blush! i have tons of blushes and this one has to be at the top of my list. its a gorgeous girly pink that looks great when applied with a light hand! a quick sweep across cheek bones gives a beautiful pinky flush! its young and fun! love love it, im a huge fan of NARS and they havent disappointed me so far!

on 7/18/2009 3:25:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

Hair: Blond, Curly, Medium

I love this blush for when i want a girly look! Its the perfect baby pink and it is very pigmented! The glitter isnt garish and really doesn't show up on your face as much as it looks like it would in the pan. I really love angelika and definitely will repurchase if i ever have to!

on 7/10/2009 2:34:00 AM

Edit: I swapped away this blush 2 years ago and just recently repurchased, and, I am SO glad that I did. I am not sure why I ever let go of my original Angelika blush, likely it was because I was tired of it and wanting to try something new, because its just as fabulous as I remember it from years ago. I have a hard time pulling off cool-toned light pinks and for some miraculous reason, Angelika just works. It works even better when I am tan, that is for certain. I have always loved this paired with Laguna bronzer and since I purchased this as a palette set (angelika blush and laguna bronzer + Angelika lipgloss) I have been once again wearing them together and they look simply beautiful together. The Angelika lipgloss definitely adds something special to the look. I will be more appreciative of this blush and not swap it away ever again!!

also, I appreciate that this blush is not as highly pigmented as Desire. I love Desire blush but it creates a very different look than Angelika. I love that I can layer on Angelika without looking like a clown. I suppose because of my coloring I can do this and it seems to create a really unique pink glow when I have multiple layers of the blush on.

This blush has decent staying power but not great. I have to reapply at least every 4 hours. sometimes more often. But I don't care because I love putting on makeup.

for reference I am medium to warm toned with yellow undertones, blond hair and blue eyes.

This is my original review..... written 4 years ago...

I was afraid of blushes this color for a long time but am glad that i finally tried this! This blush is beautiful and highly pigmented but not so highly pigmented that you look like a clown or that you have a rash instantaneously with a few brushes. I think that SOFT pink is the best way to describe it. It goes on soft and the shimmer is actually quite subtle IMHO. I am very warmed tone but this cool toned blush still works on me. I love it paired with Laguna bronzer and Belize lip gloss! It gives a great summer glow! I look forward to trying this come fall when my color fades. I imagine that it will look great with pale skin giving you that just fresh in from the cold look.

on 6/13/2009 10:24:00 PM

This is definitely a bright pink, but if you apply it over some bronzer with a light hand and a fluffy brush you will look like you are glowing from within! So cute!

I have fair skin and auburn hair so I was skeptical about this product and thought the color would be too bright. I was pleasantly surprised - the color is sheer and buildable so it works well for both day and evening looks. The shade is a really pretty pink and I barely notice the sparkles. Definitely gives my cheeks a nice healthy glow! I love this much more than Orgasm for both the color and staying power.

on 5/26/2009 3:00:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

I didn't like this at all, the colour is a hot barbie pink, the texture is way too soft and the huge chunks of glitter are not only annoying but they're quite juvenile too. I think this blush is best suited to fairer (anglo-saxon), younger women and would look too childish and garish on anyone over 25.

on 5/26/2009 2:45:00 AM

This is my go-to blush for everyday use! I gravitate towards pink coloured blushes like this, and out of all the one's I've tried, it's the best. It gives me a very healthy glow and doesn't make me look like a clown despite it's bright pink. As many would say, the big sparkles are annoying, but they are easily buffed off. Definitely good for Asian girls =) I have that annoying unhealthy yellow, sallow undertone in the morning but after a brush of this blush, I look healthy haha. I adore this blush!

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

OMG its fantastic!

Pros :

if applied correctly it will look fantastic using light strokes...

and for evening if applied heavly it will look like an 80s beautiful punk rock look...

Cons:

but if u apply it incorrectly (like some of my friends) it will look like a neon pink doll cheeks

i look to wear this with black eyeliner and its purrfect, it blances it out... pink cheeks and black eyes classic atleast for me :D

Popular Blush Products