April 21, 2014 | 934 users online

Blush - NARS - Angelika

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/10/2009 2:34:00 AM More reviews by sarahfeeni

Edit: I swapped away this blush 2 years ago and just recently repurchased, and, I am SO glad that I did. I am not sure why I ever let go of my original Angelika blush, likely it was because I was tired of it and wanting to try something new, because its just as fabulous as I remember it from years ago. I have a hard time pulling off cool-toned light pinks and for some miraculous reason, Angelika just works. It works even better when I am tan, that is for certain. I have always loved this paired with Laguna bronzer and since I purchased this as a palette set (angelika blush and laguna bronzer + Angelika lipgloss) I have been once again wearing them together and they look simply beautiful together. The Angelika lipgloss definitely adds something special to the look. I will be more appreciative of this blush and not swap it away ever again!!

also, I appreciate that this blush is not as highly pigmented as Desire. I love Desire blush but it creates a very different look than Angelika. I love that I can layer on Angelika without looking like a clown. I suppose because of my coloring I can do this and it seems to create a really unique pink glow when I have multiple layers of the blush on.

This blush has decent staying power but not great. I have to reapply at least every 4 hours. sometimes more often. But I don't care because I love putting on makeup.

for reference I am medium to warm toned with yellow undertones, blond hair and blue eyes.

This is my original review..... written 4 years ago...

I was afraid of blushes this color for a long time but am glad that i finally tried this! This blush is beautiful and highly pigmented but not so highly pigmented that you look like a clown or that you have a rash instantaneously with a few brushes. I think that SOFT pink is the best way to describe it. It goes on soft and the shimmer is actually quite subtle IMHO. I am very warmed tone but this cool toned blush still works on me. I love it paired with Laguna bronzer and Belize lip gloss! It gives a great summer glow! I look forward to trying this come fall when my color fades. I imagine that it will look great with pale skin giving you that just fresh in from the cold look.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/13/2009 10:24:00 PM More reviews by amygreen

This is definitely a bright pink, but if you apply it over some bronzer with a light hand and a fluffy brush you will look like you are glowing from within! So cute!

rated 5 of 5 on 6/13/2009 6:26:00 PM More reviews by thesehazeleyez

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I have fair skin and auburn hair so I was skeptical about this product and thought the color would be too bright. I was pleasantly surprised - the color is sheer and buildable so it works well for both day and evening looks. The shade is a really pretty pink and I barely notice the sparkles. Definitely gives my cheeks a nice healthy glow! I love this much more than Orgasm for both the color and staying power.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 5/26/2009 3:00:00 AM More reviews by goldensyrup

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I didn't like this at all, the colour is a hot barbie pink, the texture is way too soft and the huge chunks of glitter are not only annoying but they're quite juvenile too. I think this blush is best suited to fairer (anglo-saxon), younger women and would look too childish and garish on anyone over 25.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/26/2009 2:45:00 AM More reviews by ayu35

This is my go-to blush for everyday use! I gravitate towards pink coloured blushes like this, and out of all the one's I've tried, it's the best. It gives me a very healthy glow and doesn't make me look like a clown despite it's bright pink. As many would say, the big sparkles are annoying, but they are easily buffed off. Definitely good for Asian girls =) I have that annoying unhealthy yellow, sallow undertone in the morning but after a brush of this blush, I look healthy haha. I adore this blush!

rated 5 of 5 on 5/17/2009 7:50:00 PM More reviews by PolinaPorcupine

OMG its fantastic!

Pros :

if applied correctly it will look fantastic using light strokes...

and for evening if applied heavly it will look like an 80s beautiful punk rock look...

Cons:

but if u apply it incorrectly (like some of my friends) it will look like a neon pink doll cheeks

i look to wear this with black eyeliner and its purrfect, it blances it out... pink cheeks and black eyes classic atleast for me :D

rated 5 of 5 on 5/12/2009 12:08:00 PM More reviews by SHADOWFAX2

Great for a dressy occasion. Definitely an evening blush, given the sparkles. Looks great in artificial light. Highly recommend.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/12/2009 2:32:00 AM More reviews by jennylicious

I love this colour!!! I never thought it would look so good until this girl at the counter recommended it to me. I still switch back and forth to orgasm and other non sparkly colours. I just love how 'baby pinked' it is, with sparkles, a perfect colour just to make your face look complete. I was addicted to this colour for a few months, then I got bored of it and started using different shades of blush. I still love the colour and it lasts a very long time at least 6 months for me.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/7/2009 5:22:00 AM More reviews by Lysette143

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Oh my! I alomst forgot about this blush o0o0h one of my favorites. I call this my barbie cheeks or blush whatever lol This is the softest pink in the nars collection I think I'm not positive but from what I remember seeing at sephora the other day... eh! anywho.. This blush almost reminds me of mac pink swoon blush but Angelika has a silver reflects shimmer in it. The shimmer doesn't really stay on but gah! It's beautiful in the compact. I like to use my mac well dressed on the apples of my cheeks and as a highlight I use my mac blonde msf so000o0o pretty!!

rated 5 of 5 on 4/27/2009 8:39:00 AM More reviews by littleliverbird

Another fabulous blush from Mr NARS! I am betwen NC15 and NC20, and this gives me a gorgeous, flushed pink look. I simply adore it. I swipe some MAC MSF over it if I want a bit more of a shimmer and it looks gorgeous. NARS blushers are THE best. I have blushers from MAC, Chanel, Benefit, Pout, Dior and Stila, yet my NARS ones are by far the most used. Highly pigmented and last forever. My only gripe, as with all NARS products, is the packaging. As trendy as it is, it gets dirty sooooo easy and I don't like my make up looking grubby!