October 23, 2014 | 927 users online

Fragrances - Christian Dior - Pure Poison

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 7/15/2008 1:37:00 AM More reviews by Muartsy

Floral oriental with notes of Sweet Orange, Bergamot, Mandarin Orange Flower, Jasmine, Gardenia, Sandalwood, White Amber, Musk.

Like eating sweet syrup upon sweet, canned fruit upon rich, sweet bread. Warmed a bit by the amber, wood and musk but still far too richly sweet and lacking depth and complexity for me.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 7/10/2008 7:50:00 PM More reviews by roroluca

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Medium, Cool Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Brown

Smells like hairspray or right after I get a perm, lol. Not a good sign. I used to love it because my best friend loved it but its magic now eludes me.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/7/2008 5:20:00 AM More reviews by isenephthys

i'm on my third bottle of pure poison. i like it. to me, it seems to have an intricacy of scent that makes it suitable for year-round wear. i do smell the gardenia pretty strongly, but that's one of my favorite flowers so i don't mind. :) i also find it works well for ever-day use and for going out. the only complaint is that sometimes the scent doesn't seem to last long enough.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/3/2008 2:27:00 PM More reviews by Ronbong

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

my fav poison!!!

rated 5 of 5 on 5/29/2008 4:43:00 AM More reviews by SSS74

My faivorite fragfance!!!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/15/2008 2:50:00 AM More reviews by fpih

My favorite poison, is this sophisticated white floral. The main note I get is jasmine and/or gardenia although I have to admit it's a mostly artificial smell, compared to the gardenia fragrance you get from Marc Jacobs.
I am in my middle thirties, not the jeans and T-shirt type, and this is the perfect perfume to wear daily in the office or in a coffee outing with friends. It's not a fragrance I will wear on a date or when I feel sexy, I just don't get that spicy, sexy feeling that many others have described. What I get is sophistication and freshness, a perfume to perfectly match my casual-chic style; not too exuberant or fun nor too stuffy.
I really don't understand how can this fragrance be offending to others, despite it's being strong, but I can understand that the wearer of the fragrance can grow tired of it after a while, but I think that won't last long. Did I also mention that the lasting power is awsome even for me with the super dry skin?

Note: I know the fans of Hypnotic will not like this, but PP in the dry down, reminds me a lot of HP though the jasmine does a pretty good job of covering the similarities. It certainly is less sweet than HP anyway.

rated 3 of 5 on 3/30/2008 11:15:00 AM More reviews by Ismellyummy

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Dior is one of the only houses I will buy without a sniff first. This is not one of my favorites personally to much flowery notes in it for my personal liking. I've had people tell me this smells very nice on me. I've had women ask me what I'm wearing. Once again Dior and my Chemistry are good friends. I wear it sometimes to work with a light hand of course. Dior fragrances have amazing staying power. I give it 3 lippies because even though it's not one of my personal favorites I've received positive comments when wearing it.

rated 1 of 5 on 3/27/2008 6:26:00 PM More reviews by tayenka

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Curly, Other Eyes: Grey

Awful. Worse than that, really, since people insist on wearing it. I did try it on, and unfortunately, it has a staying power... Although I cautiously applied to fingertips, the smell haunted me.
Regarding notes - I really don't care what the official notes are supposed to be - smells like plastic to me! As synthetic as they get! And really, FLORAL?!!! Only if they mean flowers that smell like hell to protect themselves!

rated 4 of 5 on 3/15/2008 7:25:00 PM More reviews by hararprincess1

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Ok, my long-standing devotion to Pure Poison i think has come to an end..after going through another bottle, i have decided though i love the scent, this is just too strong. Not it goes on strong, the actual scent is too strong. Though i love this floral scent, i think i need to head back to warmer orientals and vanilla scents, which i think are more me.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 3/5/2008 8:33:00 AM More reviews by SuzyCutie

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Red, Curly, Fine Eyes: Green

I came across this in a sample tube last night and realized I've never tried it. Dior perfumes for me are a hit or miss-I like Miss Dior Cherie and Addict,but J'Adore makes me queasy (though it smells incredible on my bff) and I think that's as far as I've gone.Now,I grew up in the 80's and am well acquainted with the heady orientals of the era,think Red Door,Giorgio Beverly Hills,Opium,and the EL scents I was fond of-Cinnabar,Knowing,Spellbound.I thought Poison would be "one of those ladies of a certain age" scents,so I never went there.
Curiosity got the better of me and I spritzed it lightly. On the drydown this is incredibly lovely-it's a very complex floral/oriental tempered with vanilla,maybe jasmine?,a touch of sweetness and baby powder. I'm one of those weirdos that like powdery scents so this was a nice surprise.A little goes a very long way,so I sprayed it in the air and walked into it. I did this last night before bed and I can smell it quite well 12 hours later.I would definitely buy a full size of this scent.
For reference I usually wear Burberry Brit,Brit Gold,Brit Red,Guerlain My Insolence,Cashmere Mist,and VS Amber Romance,sometimes CK Euphoria and Prada.