Dior Pure Poison

3.7

Skin: Oily, Other, Cool

This is definitely one of my fragrances from Christian Dior. I first tried this several years ago and I recently repurchased a bottle of Pure Poison, and fell in love again. I admit that I am not an expert at describing the notes of fragrances but to me, Pure Poison starts out fairly strong, yet and fresh with floral notes mixed with a slight fruitiness. After a while, it dries down into a very warm, musky scent, and slightly powdery. I love using this fragrance in Autumn/Winter, and it is also perfect for evenings out.

i was in the perfume store and i see this very special looking lady smelling this perfume and then she did buy it and i was curiuos because i did not know the sent i sprayed it on and i was sold i smelled it even the next day and two weeks ago my dad went on holiday and i asked him to buy it for me taxfree now it is mine and i adore it not when you spray on directly but when you have had iy on for a little while.very special sent

Hair: Blond, Wavy, Coarse

i am a freak for this scent. i can't stand any of the other poisons. actually... funny story wearing this perfume. i went to a party having JUST doused myself with a lot of this, and accidentally slammed into somebody... we both fell over. Ahah, after I apologized, he said "that bump smelled AMAZING". way to go Poison. it's sexy imho although i can see how it would overwhelm people. i'm big on those white flowery smells . . . boys like it. good for gyrating your booty and sweating it everywhere! yesssss. it also smells good on gay men. definitely a smell i can't get enough of...

Skin: Oily, Medium, Warm

I'd really rate this about a 4 1/2...it's quite nice. A soapy-yet-there white floral with a light oriental base of sandalwood and white amber mixed with musk. The floral I get mainly from this is a very soapy orange blossom-jasmine mix, and you get the hit of gardenia later with the warm and resinous base notes. I don't have too much of a lasting power problem with this, but it's not as long-lived as it's big sister, Poison the original.
If you don't like soapy scents, I wouldn't really recommend this one; but perhaps it's sultry, resinous base could be its saving grace, it's worth a try. I don't find it generic at all, because many white florals don't have the white amber / sandalwood / musk base this does. The white amber smells a bit of ambergris to my nose. I don't care for Tendre or Hypnotic Poison too much, but I love the original, and this one is also a keeper. Here are the notes: "Floral Oriental
Top Notes: Sweet Orange, Bergamot of Calabre, Mandarin of Sicily, Orange Flower, Jasmine Sambac LMR, Hydroponic Living Gardenia, Sandalwood, White Amber, Musks ."

Hair: Brunette, Other, Medium

I can't find a Poison to love. I wanted to love Pure Poison based on the tuberose .. and white florals. I also LOVE the bottle.... but unfortunately .. there's no love in poison for me. This is nauseatingly sweet... too musty rather than musky and smells cheap.

This is a very strong scent. It's overwhelming...not in a good way. It's a floral, but has some musk in it.

Floral oriental with notes of Sweet Orange, Bergamot, Mandarin Orange Flower, Jasmine, Gardenia, Sandalwood, White Amber, Musk.

Like eating sweet syrup upon sweet, canned fruit upon rich, sweet bread. Warmed a bit by the amber, wood and musk but still far too richly sweet and lacking depth and complexity for me.

Skin: Oily, Medium, Cool

Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse

Smells like hairspray or right after I get a perm, lol. Not a good sign. I used to love it because my best friend loved it but its magic now eludes me.

i'm on my third bottle of pure poison. i like it. to me, it seems to have an intricacy of scent that makes it suitable for year-round wear. i do smell the gardenia pretty strongly, but that's one of my favorite flowers so i don't mind. :) i also find it works well for ever-day use and for going out. the only complaint is that sometimes the scent doesn't seem to last long enough.

my fav poison!!!