April 19, 2014 | 1599 users online

Fragrances - Christian Dior - Pure Poison

rated 1 of 5 on 3/27/2008 6:26:00 PM More reviews by tayenka

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Awful. Worse than that, really, since people insist on wearing it. I did try it on, and unfortunately, it has a staying power... Although I cautiously applied to fingertips, the smell haunted me.
Regarding notes - I really don't care what the official notes are supposed to be - smells like plastic to me! As synthetic as they get! And really, FLORAL?!!! Only if they mean flowers that smell like hell to protect themselves!

rated 4 of 5 on 3/15/2008 7:25:00 PM More reviews by hararprincess1

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Ok, my long-standing devotion to Pure Poison i think has come to an end..after going through another bottle, i have decided though i love the scent, this is just too strong. Not it goes on strong, the actual scent is too strong. Though i love this floral scent, i think i need to head back to warmer orientals and vanilla scents, which i think are more me.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 3/5/2008 8:33:00 AM More reviews by SuzyCutie

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Red, Curly, Fine Eyes: Green

I came across this in a sample tube last night and realized I've never tried it. Dior perfumes for me are a hit or miss-I like Miss Dior Cherie and Addict,but J'Adore makes me queasy (though it smells incredible on my bff) and I think that's as far as I've gone.Now,I grew up in the 80's and am well acquainted with the heady orientals of the era,think Red Door,Giorgio Beverly Hills,Opium,and the EL scents I was fond of-Cinnabar,Knowing,Spellbound.I thought Poison would be "one of those ladies of a certain age" scents,so I never went there.
Curiosity got the better of me and I spritzed it lightly. On the drydown this is incredibly lovely-it's a very complex floral/oriental tempered with vanilla,maybe jasmine?,a touch of sweetness and baby powder. I'm one of those weirdos that like powdery scents so this was a nice surprise.A little goes a very long way,so I sprayed it in the air and walked into it. I did this last night before bed and I can smell it quite well 12 hours later.I would definitely buy a full size of this scent.
For reference I usually wear Burberry Brit,Brit Gold,Brit Red,Guerlain My Insolence,Cashmere Mist,and VS Amber Romance,sometimes CK Euphoria and Prada.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/1/2008 5:14:00 PM More reviews by ilgs

Spicy floral with a touch of citrus and a prominent vanilla-musk base. It's not a neutral scent nor it is an unassuming one - it stands out and demands confidence, just like my other favorite Dior Addict. Jasmine here has a woodsy, musky tinge and a touch of citrus - it's odd yet exhilarating, not a soft romantic jasmine but a wild one that yearns for adventure :)

9 out of 9 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 3 of 5 on 3/1/2008 3:23:00 PM More reviews by LushHush

I wore this for a while when I fist started to wear perfume and loved it but now I find it too strong and not girly enough. Im addicted to sweet floral scents and this is just too harsh for me. I decided to wear this for a day a while back and I absolutely hated it, smelt kinda masculine to me. Iím by no means saying this is an unpleasant smelling perfume, far from it, it just doesnít fit me anymore.

rated 2 of 5 on 2/14/2008 4:45:00 AM More reviews by samaraiv

this fragrance is so overwhelming and strong for my taste. so flowery.not repurchasing again

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 2/13/2008 2:30:00 AM More reviews by SNIFFMEALLOVER

The bottle goes really well with the fragrance. The fragrance itself is hard to describe for me. Very different from all the other fragrances I have. Strong, but not suffocating. I think that only a little should be applied as it really stands out. Not a fragrances that subtly blends with the skin. Very nice bottle. All in all, another good quality fragrance from Dior.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 2/6/2008 10:01:00 PM More reviews by cavalletta

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I actually didnt expect to like this because of reviews on here, but I do!Hmmm, what is it, floral, oriental...floriental maybe? I do smell flowers and something...musk perhaps. It takes something special for me to like a straight-up floral and Im not good with naming notes. This is a bit spicy, but very soft and feminine without being grossly sweet and it has a little bit of oomph...As in it doesnt smell like everything else out there. It has uniqueness. Its seductiveness is almost subliminal, but it is there! It is a cozy sensuality, it is not scream in your face sexy such as addict. And I LOVE the bottle. Perfection.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/29/2008 12:46:00 AM More reviews by Lala201

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

This scent is awesome! It definitely has musky floral notes that smell amazing! It smells very sexy, my boyfriend says it relaxing too. I wouldn't classify it as light but it certainly is not overwhelming either. The scent also lasts forever! two squirts is plenty and it stays on all day. I absolutely love this fragrance and use it as an everyday fragrance during colder months and for nights out all year round. I get many compliments on it from people of all ages teenage to older adults; and my boyfriend really likes it too!!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/28/2008 7:02:00 PM More reviews by mel2

This is one of the nicest perfumes I've ever found! Is strong but I prefer them like that compared to floral light scents. Don't know what I can compare it to but after a few hours it does have a vanilla smell to it which I've never noticed before until I read the comments on here. Would buy again!