Dior Pure Poison

3.7

Hair: Brunette, Other, Medium

I can't find a Poison to love. I wanted to love Pure Poison based on the tuberose .. and white florals. I also LOVE the bottle.... but unfortunately .. there's no love in poison for me. This is nauseatingly sweet... too musty rather than musky and smells cheap.

on 8/25/2008 1:27:00 AM

This is a very strong scent. It's overwhelming...not in a good way. It's a floral, but has some musk in it.

on 7/15/2008 1:37:00 AM

Floral oriental with notes of Sweet Orange, Bergamot, Mandarin Orange Flower, Jasmine, Gardenia, Sandalwood, White Amber, Musk.

Like eating sweet syrup upon sweet, canned fruit upon rich, sweet bread. Warmed a bit by the amber, wood and musk but still far too richly sweet and lacking depth and complexity for me.

on 7/10/2008 7:50:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Medium, Cool

Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse

Smells like hairspray or right after I get a perm, lol. Not a good sign. I used to love it because my best friend loved it but its magic now eludes me.

on 6/7/2008 5:20:00 AM

i'm on my third bottle of pure poison. i like it. to me, it seems to have an intricacy of scent that makes it suitable for year-round wear. i do smell the gardenia pretty strongly, but that's one of my favorite flowers so i don't mind. :) i also find it works well for ever-day use and for going out. the only complaint is that sometimes the scent doesn't seem to last long enough.

on 6/3/2008 2:27:00 PM

my fav poison!!!

on 5/29/2008 4:43:00 AM

My faivorite fragfance!!!

on 4/15/2008 2:50:00 AM

My favorite poison, is this sophisticated white floral. The main note I get is jasmine and/or gardenia although I have to admit it's a mostly artificial smell, compared to the gardenia fragrance you get from Marc Jacobs.
I am in my middle thirties, not the jeans and T-shirt type, and this is the perfect perfume to wear daily in the office or in a coffee outing with friends. It's not a fragrance I will wear on a date or when I feel sexy, I just don't get that spicy, sexy feeling that many others have described. What I get is sophistication and freshness, a perfume to perfectly match my casual-chic style; not too exuberant or fun nor too stuffy.
I really don't understand how can this fragrance be offending to others, despite it's being strong, but I can understand that the wearer of the fragrance can grow tired of it after a while, but I think that won't last long. Did I also mention that the lasting power is awsome even for me with the super dry skin?

Note: I know the fans of Hypnotic will not like this, but PP in the dry down, reminds me a lot of HP though the jasmine does a pretty good job of covering the similarities. It certainly is less sweet than HP anyway.

on 3/30/2008 11:15:00 AM

Dior is one of the only houses I will buy without a sniff first. This is not one of my favorites personally to much flowery notes in it for my personal liking. I've had people tell me this smells very nice on me. I've had women ask me what I'm wearing. Once again Dior and my Chemistry are good friends. I wear it sometimes to work with a light hand of course. Dior fragrances have amazing staying power. I give it 3 lippies because even though it's not one of my personal favorites I've received positive comments when wearing it.

on 3/27/2008 6:26:00 PM

Hair: Red, Curly, Other

Awful. Worse than that, really, since people insist on wearing it. I did try it on, and unfortunately, it has a staying power... Although I cautiously applied to fingertips, the smell haunted me.
Regarding notes - I really don't care what the official notes are supposed to be - smells like plastic to me! As synthetic as they get! And really, FLORAL?!!! Only if they mean flowers that smell like hell to protect themselves!

Popular Fragrances