July 25, 2014 | 1661 users online

Eye Primer - Urban Decay - Eyeshadow Primer Potion - Original (UDPP)

rated 5 of 5 on 2/1/2014 1:19:00 AM More reviews by Jimduhh

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Other Eyes: Brown

Packaging:
Okay, here's my biggest concern about this product. With the way it's packaged (old or new), I feel like there's always going to be some product left over no matter what. I would loooove for UD to come out with like a pot-based or squeeze tube version of this WITHOUT the brush, since most of us use our fingers to blend it out anyways.

Price:
I got mine from Hautelook and I had to pay shipping so that's why I gave it 2 stars. Other than that, it would be either 1 star or 3 depending where you get it. I know that they sell a bunch of the old packaging ones at Nordstrom Rack for $10 or else, and it's practically the same as the new one.

Pros:
-Keeps your shadow in place all day!

Cons:
-Can be pricey
-Packaging can be better

Texture:
Looks creamy but blends out very smoothly. Sets fast so don't wait to blend it.

Smell:
None

Comments/impressions:
Notice how I didn't put anything about the actual product in the cons section. That's because I love it so much! This is seriously my HG primer. Not only does it keep my shadow in place, but also my liner! I like to distribute the product onto my lids and use the empty brush to get it onto my lash line. I find that when I do winged liners, it stays better. Besides the packaging, I have no complaints about the product itself. Simple as that!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/31/2014 10:44:00 PM More reviews by HollyWould123

I only recently began using eyeshadow primers, and before trying this one the only other one I've ever used is E.L.F. Eyelid Primer. Clearly the cost is different, but I am absolutely amazed at the difference. I felt originally eyeshadow primer was a bit gimmicky, another product to purchase and slap on my face. But I cannot believe how much this actually works! Upon returning home from work (having done my makeup more than 10 hours beforehand), I looked as though I had just done my eye makeup! I am officially converted!

rated 5 of 5 on 1/31/2014 12:29:00 AM More reviews by heykiddo

Most economic product ever, I have owned one tube of it for about a year and a half. Not only do my eyeshadows last literally all day (If I wanted them to last 4 days, they probably would! not saying you should do this) but I have soooo much more left. When you do the math on the price, it doesn't even cost me pennies to apply this to my eyes every day.
It also prevents product from falling into my eyes throughout the day thus cutting back on my eye irritation/watery-ness.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/30/2014 4:33:00 PM More reviews by kristenthemascarajunkie

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Blue

I have this primer and Sin, which is a shimmery champagne version of this one. Overall, I find that I use the original far more often. I like that it adds no color to my eyes, it just evens out the color of my veiny eyelids. I think that it does a great job of improving the staying power of my eyeshadow. I am a high school student, so I have to apply my makeup pretty early in the morning. With this primer underneath it, my eyeshadow will last from when I wake up (6:30 AM) to when I get home from cheer practice (7:00 PM). However, if you aren't willing to buy this product based on its high price, the ELF eyelid primer (which only costs $1!) works almost as well.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/29/2014 8:09:00 PM More reviews by mackenzielovesmac

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Relaxed, Fine Eyes: Brown

This primer really works. I don't usually believe in any type of primers, but this one is a no brainer. You barley have to apply any to get your eyeshadow to not crease and stay on for a long time. I have a fallen asleep with eyeshadow on and this primer underneath, and when I woke up, the eyeshadow looked like i had put it on 2 seconds ago. I highly recommend this product. There are different color primers you can get, I have the one that doesn't have any type of sheen (original), and I have "Sin". I find that "Sin" only works if you want todo a shiny or glittery eye look. The ONLY downside i have on this product is when applying eyeshadow on top, it is a little tricky to blend it out, but after a while, it looks perfect.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/28/2014 6:31:00 PM More reviews by desiieee

I was skeptical about shelling out so much for this. Doubted the rave reviews, all that jazz. On a whim, after a day when my eye shadow creased by 10:00 a.m., decided to pick up the sample size of this on a Sephora visit. Tried it today and I'm sold! My NYX eye-shadow looked vibrant from the moment I put it on (at 6:00a.m) until I took it off (at 6:30 p.m.) No creasing, fading, or smudging whatsoever. I am a convert and will definitely purchase again when I run out!

rated 5 of 5 on 1/28/2014 8:48:00 AM More reviews by jdmkate

Great product, can take a little time to dry but it has lasted me quite a while. Tube would be better if it was straight. Overall it does what it's supposed to, my eyeshadow always stays on after many hours!

rated 3 of 5 on 1/27/2014 12:38:00 AM More reviews by breakupovertea

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

This used to be my favorite primer, until it was reformulated. Now if I use it regularly it dries out my eyelids and makes them flake. Also, the packaging is horrible. Since moving on from this primer I've discovered the NARS primer, which is much better.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/26/2014 7:29:00 PM More reviews by Bunhead17

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I got this as a sample with my naked pallet and I absolutely love it! I have super oily lids and pretty deep set and hooded eyes and it worked so well for me!

rated 5 of 5 on 1/25/2014 9:13:00 PM More reviews by lizzygrace23

Okay let me start this out by saying i am 14 year old girl i dont really wear much makeup most of the time but i play around with it an enjoy doing goo makeup for more formal events. I really enjoy makeup an have been told i quite good with makeup. when i wear eye shadow i go for light smokey eye for my hazel eyes. an even a little under when i put eyeshadow under my lower lash line for a little more drama. obviously you can tell by my age i most likely have oliy skin which i do. Im very hyper an go crazy at parties an this stuff holds my eyeshadow i swear by it it lasts forever so the price is totally worth it. my dark shadows never crease an i dont get them all under my eye. so seriously this is stuff is fantastic